Secrets

Between Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Secrets

SHIN HYE’S POV

 

Weird.

 

Why do I get this feeling that somebody is always watching me?! Maybe I got it from reading too much mystery.

 

I enjoy reading books from different genres, from mystery to romance to thriller, mystery or even murder themed, creepy it may seem but this is my form of escape from reality. My everyday routine is going to work straight after school, go home and do my homework, and sometimes I do worry about things I shouldn’t and this is where my books help me.. After all I am still a high school student, so I should still enjoy doing these while I still can... When I get older I don’t think I’ll have much time to pay attention to these stuffs, since being a grown up means handling more responsibilities and more work.

 

I’ve seen a lot of people struggle to balance between work and their personal life. You have work but you don’t have much time for yourself, on the other side if you don’t work you have all the time in the world yet you cannot enjoy your life since you are financially struggling.

 

There are times that I wish I can fast forward the time but part of me still wants to enjoy the present time, afraid that I might regret not doing the things I wanted to try, my Mom keeps saying that I should take my time and enjoy my life, she even disagreed when I told them I wanted to do part time so that at least I could handle my own expenses and not be a burden to them. After a long run of convincing my parents, finally they allowed me to work but under one condition……. They would still give me my weekly allowance and I have to keep it just in case of emergency.

 

Ughhhh. My neck has been killing me lately, I need to get more of those patches. I’ve been working overtime for this past few weeks since two of my co workers quit because of personal problems, so the manager asked me a favor to work extra hours until they can find someone. Since it’s not that busy at school I said yes and my parent’s also agreed since it’s just few blocks away from home.

 

Oh shoot. The event. I almost forgot.

 

My seatmate, or should I say the newbie who was sitting behind me was really quiet, as if non existent, except for those times that he is with his friends. Is it just me? Does he think that I am a weirdo? After I helped him with his project he literally didn’t talk to me. Looks like a typical cold guy. Oh well, never mind, I don’t really care whatever he thinks right now.

 

I’ll just ta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter