FORTY-THREE

It All Started That Day

By the time Kibum dropped me off at my apartment, I was exhausted, but I couldn't sleep at the same time. I was so excited for the trip that I packed the whole night, well, more like stared at my packed luggage the whole night. I only needed to pack my toiletries and I was done, so it didn't take long.

I didn't bother texting Kibum since he was probably tired from the drive, plus he might end up waking his parents if I called.

 

 

"We're downstairs!" Kibum yelled excitedly from through the phone.

"She probably has a lot of stuff, go help her, aigoo, your manners," it was an unfamiliar voice that spoke.

"Eomma! How could you say that? I was just about to go," I heard Kibum say.

"I'm coming up, stay there," he said and hung up.

 

 

"Hahahahahaha! Omo, Kim Kibum, SHINee's Key, SM Entertainment idol! Oh my gosh! Kim Kibum, what in the world are you wearing???” I couldn’t stop laughing and ended up on the floor. “PUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!”

“Yah, stop laughing at me, I wore this for you,” he frowned and looked down at his outfit, then sighed heavily, covering his face. “Ottoke, what if there are fans and paparazzi at the airport? My airport fashion reputation will be tarnished,” he fake-cried.  

“We probably have like ten minutes to spare, what else do you need to do?” He asked.

“Nothing else, I just need to bring all this down.” I said, lugging my bags around me.

“So…that gives us ten minutes of alone time before 4 days with my parents?” He said, squinting, trying to look mischievous. I chuckled at his effort.

“Mhmm, what are you thinking?” I played along.

“Well…” He said and then began to kiss me slowly then I played along, but then his kissing had become more intense and I felt more passion. He roamed my body with his hands and at this point, I dropped all the things I was holding. He took off my jacket, my sweater, down to my intimates and I did the same to him. I let his lips run wildly on my body and without much hesitation, he proceeded to lay me down on my couch in an aggressive, but careful manner. He did things that had me clutching his back quite hard that I was sure I had left marks. Oh well.I thought.

 

______________

 

“So, Ellie, I do have to ask…Kibum has never really introduced us to a woman in this way before, but the way he talks about you has us wondering something,” Key’s mom inched closer to me in the restaurant. It was our third day in Thailand already and Kibum went to grab sunscreen with his dad back at our hotel room. That left his mom and I on the table. I leaned in closer to her as it felt like she was going to address something important.

“Neh, please ask whatever Eomoni,” I smiled at her. She was this incredible woman, with such a pure heart and a gentle charisma. One simply wouldn’t be able to help themselves from appreciating such a person.

“Do you and Kibum talk about marriage?” she asked.

“Eh?”

“Well, he’s always talked about wanting to get married around this age and honestly, you two are heading there anyways.” She shrugged and chuckled.

“What do you mean?” I asked her, sincerely curious.

“Well, at your guys’ age, if marriage wasn’t your ultimate goal, then what are you together for?” she said. I laughed a little, because she was right. If the goal wasn’t marriage in any relationship, then I wouldn’t really want to be part of that. And I do love Key and he loves me. I did want Key to be my last love…

“Eomoni, honestly, we haven’t talked about it. But I agree with you,” I smiled at her reassuringly. I didn’t want to further be interviewed about this because, really, the ball is in Kibum’s court. I wasn’t about to get down on one knee and propose to him. I laughed at the thought.

“Eomma!” Kibum called out after seeing us so close together. He eyed me, trying to communicate with me with his eyes and weird head movements. I smiled widely at him and Abeoji. “What are you guys talking about?” He asked, tilting his head.

“Nothing, nothing,” his mom shrugged and we looked at each other and giggled.