THREE

It All Started That Day

Wait, I didn’t even get his contact number.. Oh wait why would he give it to me? I’m a stranger. But what if he gets lost or wants to meet somewhere else? I should probably change clothes too, we are going to a fashion show.

I walked to the nearest clothing shop, picked out an outfit, bought it, and wore it. It was a relief I wore boots that would match anything and a bag that would match any outfit. Wow, that was the fastest i've shopped for clothes, EVER! Okay, well, it has been about 20 minutes, I guess I should walk to the coffee shop quickly.

When I arrived, I walked inside and he wasn’t there yet, so I ordered a peppermint tea to-go and sipped on it outside, as I waited.

 

I glanced at my clock.

            “Where is that guy?” I muttered under my breath. I was starting to shiver from the cold from standing outside the coffee shop for over fifteen minutes. It has been a total of 40 minutes...Where in the world is he?

            Did he get fed up from hanging out with a complete stranger and just left? Did he get in trouble? Was he ditching me to go there alone? Maybe he has a secret girlfriend and she got mad that he hung out with another girl for a whole day...Maybe he got lost? What if fans swarmed him on the way here? What if something bad happened?

 

All these thoughts filled my head. What do I do? Should I still go to the show? What about Key…

Minutes passed and my heart started to hurt...My chest tightened, my vision became blurry.. Am I having a weird kind of seizure or something?

I touched my face to see if my face was numb because I felt a tingling feeling, oh wait..it’s wet. Oh jeez. I’m not having a seizure...I’m just sad, are these tears? Am I actually crying?

What kind of weakling was I? I don’t tear up! I cleared my throat and carefully dabbed my eyes so that it wouldn’t look like I was crying.

It has been an hour and he still did not arrive. It was getting darker and darker, the wind became stronger, but I still stood in the same position I was in an hour ago. My tea had gotten cold and I couldn’t feel my fingers anymore…

           

By the time the two hour mark hit, I was more than sure he wasn’t going to come anymore. But, I still couldn’t believe that our meeting was cut short. Well, I mean, we had the whole day, but I expected that we would still be together until the whole night ended, but I guess not…

I decided not to attend the show and just walked around the area. It didn't feel right to go, plus it was tainted with a memory now. I wondered what happened to him, but I didn’t want to make myself sadder than I already was, so I tried to forget that I was with him today. Obviously, that wasn’t going to happen, because man oh man, today was probably my most unforgettable day, ever. I walked and walked with the umbrella he left me and the longing feeling in my heart got deeper and deeper.

I soooooooooo badly wanted to tell my friends about this day, I even wanted to post about it, but...I decided to keep today a secret, with just me and Key knowing.

 

I guess it worked out better this way. I know this heavy feeling would not easily go away no matter how far I walked aimlessly, so I decided to just go home.

 

            The next day, I woke up feeling groggy, but I had school early in the morning so I rushed to get ready. The morning passed so fast that I couldn’t even recall the 3-hour lecture I had. I was free after class to just relax and get some work done so, I brought my schoolwork with me to the area where Key and I were the day before. I had term papers due and a couple projects so I decided to sit in a coffee shop across the coffee shop where Key and I were supposed to meet yesterday. I chose a table that faced the front of the coffee shop across because it was a better view...and well, I wanted to reminisce.

            I my laptop, plugged in my earphones and blasted SHINee music into my ears and an overwhelming feeling of sadness came over me. Am I crying again? What is wrong with me? It’s not like he and I were best buds… Why am I being such a baby?

Two hours passed and I was already on my third cup of coffee, why couldn’t term papers not require research? Researching took most of my two hours but it was still a lot of progress. Another two hours flew by and by then my eyes started to hurt. I took off my glasses, put my hood up and lowered my cap to close my eyes for a bit because they felt strained. I didn’t want my eyesight to get worse...I sat there and I think I drifted off…

 

Suddenly, there was a huge bang against the glass, floor-to-ceiling, window I was sitting in front of. This caused me to open my eyes and I could not believe what I was seeing.

            “Yah! My chingu!” It was Key! At least, I was pretty sure that was him. He was all bundled up and in disguise, almost. But I’d recognize him anywhere. I sat there just staring at him...Is this a dream? It’s probably a dream. I drifted off to sleep sitting down here. I shut my eyes for a couple seconds and opened them again and I was right. He wasn’t there anymore.

            “Aish… What’s wrong with me? Why do I even miss a person I barely know,” I muttered under my breath and took off my earphones, put back on my glasses so I could get up and get another cup of coffee. I turned around, looking down and bumped into someone.

            “Oh, i’m sorry excuse me,” I said without looking up and proceeded to the counter. “Another cup please, thanks,” I said to the employee after handing her my mug. I stood there, tapping the counter. There wasn’t a lot of people here today, which was good because I got a lot of work done with no distraction... Other than feeling depressed about Key, obviously.

 

            “Heeeere you go,” the employee handed the mug back to me. I was about to take it but then I felt the need to use the washroom.

            “Wait sorry, i’ll come back for it, could I have the keys to the washroom?” I held my hand out and she handed them to me and smiled. I rushed to the washroom. Hoooly, I feel like my bladder’s about to burst! I can’t believe i’m on my fourth cup of coffee..