CHAPTER 51

FOUR

"Whose..."

Taehyung trailed off as he stared at the unfamiliar shoes comfortably resting on his shoe rack, he froze on his spot as a simple pair of shoes surprised him and at the same time made him nervous. He wondered hardly on who might be the owner of it – but only one person kept on lingering on his mind.

He slowly reached one of the shoes to take a closer look of it. He had never seen it before in his life, he hadn't even seen it being worn by Rose, Lisa, Jisoo, Seulgi, or Joy. He quickly scratched those girls on his guesses because he perfectly knew about Jimin's plans for tonight and they were all probably still there right now.

He kept on staring on it but the size felt really familiar for him. He returned it to the rack with furrowed brows. No one else knew about his condo unit except for his group of friends. And if it was a sasaeng fan, his unit would be filled with loud screams already once he entered it. But his unit was utterly quiet when he came home.

But suddenly, he heard a faint sound coming from somewhere further inside his unit. He looked to the direction where the sound was coming from. He slowly walked through the hallway leading him to his living room. He looked around the area to check if someone was there. But to his dismay, he saw no one around but the sound was still there.

He took a second look at his living room, then when his gaze passed by his black sofa, he saw something that he had never seen for the last six years...

It was his jacket that had a black tiger patch on the back dangling on his black sofa.

He felt his heart beat rapidly inside him as he walked to his sofa and grabbed his jacket. His eyes widened as he saw that he wasn't wrong, it was indeed his jacket that he last worn that day in the airport... The one that he lend to that one person...

"Jennie..." Taehyung uttered slowly. A small smile slowly creeping up on his lips, his eyes glistening with hope.

He quickly dropped his jacket back on his sofa and looked left and right trying to find that person all over his home right now. He started walking around his unit – he went to the bathroom but no one was there, he went to the balcony and still nothing, to his bedroom, to the guest room, but he didn't find anyone.

His face was slowly dropping as hope was slowly drifting away from his system. He made his way downstairs again with a frown, "Am I just dreaming?" he asked himself in a low, sad tone. He sighed sadly as his expectations just disappointed him. Feeling devastated, he sat down on the staircase, thinking...

Was this just a dream? Just an illusion? Was he just imagining things? Was his vision really getting that bad that he started seeing a lot of things – things that he haven't seen for the last six years? Those were the questions clouding his head right now. But he still tried to convince himself that his hunches were right that he didn't give up on thinking where she might be...

He just missed her so bad that if this was the chance he had been given to see and be with her again, he would not waste any minute, or any second of it – heck, he would cherish every running millisecond, second, minute, hour – just every bit of it.

With that determination, he suddenly stood up and walked to his kitchen as he remembered he hadn't been there yet. He looked all over his unit except for that certain part of his house. His excitement got the best of him that he quite forgot all about it for he knew that wasn't the place he used to hang out often for he didn't know how to cook that he just grab some ready to eat foods, and just leave that area immediately.

His pace was fastening as he felt the faint sound that he had been hearing since he arrived was slowly becoming clearer and clearer to his ears...

Though it felt like a new sound to his ears but he still felt that it was utterly familiar for him... And as he went closer to his dining area, he also had recognized the sound that was playing, he knew the voices singing in the music that it made his ears perk up cause it was his group's song playing – Spring Day.

He arrived at his kitchen's doorframe and felt himself froze...

He saw the person standing behind his island counter while holding a phone and looked so focused on it, and even though the person was back facing him, he perfectly knew who it was...

The height that just reached under his ear. The long brown hair that was darker when he last saw it but now was a bit lighter and had some ombre streaks on the ends. That voice, as the person say a comment on their music every now and then that he got to hear that voice again. That voice... The voice that he longed to hear up close and personal, not just on his phone's speakers – he completely knew to whom those characteristics belonged to.

He didn't have to think hard or take a second glance to know who it was... He knew every features that person has...

Though he already knew who it was, he still rubbed his eyes as he was afraid his eye sight was just betraying him, but when he opened his eyes again, he felt nothing but pure happiness and bliss as everything finally sank in – she's here, she's really here!

Taehyung's eyes turned watery and a tear out of genuine happiness rolled down on his cheek. He didn't waste any time that he jogged towards her and wrapped his arms tightly around her waist, hugging her from behind, "Jennie..."

"Oh," he heard her exclaimed in surprise as he tightened his hold more on her and rested his chin on her shoulder.

Jennie was so focused on her phone watching their new music video that she felt so shocked when she felt a pair of arms wrapped around her – but feeling that familiar warmth and comfort, she easily relaxed and a wide smile slowly formed on her lips.

How she missed those arms wrapped around her which made her feel secured – safe – and protected. She pressed the lock button of her phone making the sound from the video she was watching stop and a comfortable silence taking over their atmosphere. She quietly placed her phone down on the counter and held on his hand that was tightly locked on her front.

Her other hand reached out for his head, softly ruffling his brown hair with her fingers – gosh, she missed this feeling so bad!

"You're here..." all Taehyung could say as tears of happiness kept on rolling down on his face. Jennie felt something dropped on her arm that she quickly tilted her head on her side and got a glimpse of his tear stained cheeks making her let out a soft chuckle.

She let go of his hair and hand, then slowly turned around, finally facing him, "Why are you crying?" she teasingly asked as she cupped his face and wiped away his tears.

"Jennie..." He called out with so much love and longing making the girl that was in his arms again giggle and smile at him sweetly.

She entangled her arms around his neck, "Hi," she greeted with a happy smile making Taehyung smile too. She stared at his eyes – the eyes that she missed so much, the eyes that was so deep and expressive, the eyes that she longed to stare at for the whole six years, the eyes that felt like home for her – the eyes that she just loves so much...

"Yah, you were gone for six years and all you're going to say is hi?" Taehyung whined with a pout making Jennie chuckle at his cuteness as she caressed his cheek lovingly.

She carefully pulled his face closer to hers while flashing her lovely smile, "I missed you..." she whispered while staring at his face, like she was memorizing or checking every feature of it – but the truth is – she just missed him so damn much!

Taehyung leaned in and kissed her forehead, he kept his lips intact with her skin for a long time like that time when they were at the airport. Jennie closed her eyes as she really loved the feeling of it – she felt loved, appreciated, protected, and treasured. She always knew only Taehyung could make her feel that way.

"I missed you so much Taehyung..." he slowly pulled away from her when he heard her voice broke as she said those words gain. He smiled softly and wiped away the tears that silently fell from her closed eyes before leaning his forehead back on hers.

"You don't know how happy I am right now," he whispered back in his deep yet soft voice that was wholly soothing for her ears. Jennie slowly opened her eyes and saw Taehyung already staring back at her – his eyes were filled with joy, excitement, and many other emotions that she was also feeling right now.

Jennie held his hands that were cupping her face, "I know... Because I'm feeling the same way right now..." she replied making Taehyung chuckle and rub his pointy nose against her cute one, "I'm sorry if I took so long..." she said in a sad tone.

Taehyung stopped what he was doing and lightly pulled away from her but not letting go of her face, he then flashed her his charming smile that she always loves, "It's okay... I always knew you were worth the wait," he said in his most sincere voice that made Jennie tear up out of happiness again. Taehyung wiped it away again and tucked the lose strands of her brown hair behind her ear.

They just stared at each other for a while, the smiles plastered on their lips – never leaving their faces. Pure bliss and contentment were written all over their faces, no words could describe how much they were happy to be in each other's arms again.

"Gosh, I missed you so much," Taehyung exclaimed with so much intensity, earning a giggle from Jennie. She wrapped her arms around his middle as she pulled him closer towards her.

"Have you been well?" she sweetly asked and felt Taehyung's hands leave her face that went down to her waist, hugging her tightly.

"I've been fine," he answered as Jennie combed his hair with her fingers again, making him smile, "But seeing you right now – holding you – I've never been so much better," he excitedly added then without notice showered Jennie's face with little kissed all over.

Jennie couldn't do anything but to laugh as Taehyung's little kisses tickled her face a bit. He kissed her cheeks, her nose, her eyes, her forehead, her temple – everything, never leaving a part out behind.

But when he was about to kiss her lips, Jennie was quick to block his attempt that made him pout in protest.

"Ah wae?!" he whined while Jennie's forefinger was still on his lips.

Jennie smirked, "Not so fast, Taehyung–ssi," she playfully said adding a teasing wink in the process that earned a grumpy huff from Taehyung.

"Just this once, please!" Taehyung pleaded but it only made Jennie laugh more for his expression when she blocked his lips that were about to cover hers was totally priceless.

Jennie shook her head no in a teasing manner, the mischievous smile on her face never faded, "Nah–uh, patience my love," she sweetly said, "Did you have dinner already?" she asked still with a smile and now removed her finger from his lips. Taehyung shook his head with a sad pout.

"Let's eat then!" Jennie cheerfully said then freed herself from his grip that Taehyung of course hesitated but when Jennie stood on her toes and abruptly kissed his nose, it caught him off guard that he fell stunned and Jennie got that chance to move away from his hold.

Taehyung stood frozen on his spot but when he heard some clacking sound coming from the plates and bowl Jennie were getting from his cupboard, he finally snapped out of his trance and watched the girl he had waited for a long time expertly roam around his dining area and preparing the food that she bought for the both of them.

He sighed in contentment as he stared at her face that was seriously focused on preparing their food. He looked at her with a charming smile on his face... He couldn't believe she was here right now, with him, in his home. Everything was happening so fast that it was still all a bit blurry in his memory but nonetheless, he was totally enjoying every bit of it. This was the feeling he had been craving for the whole six years, and now it was filling up his whole system like a big wave that it was overwhelming him too much, but he wasn't complaining at all because he perfectly knew in himself that this was he had always wanted in his life...

"What's with the smile?" Jennie asked as she stood close beside him again after she had prepared everything that they needed.

Taehyung stared at her with the same smile and held both of her hands, intertwining his long fingers with her slender ones, "I just – Wait – I'm so happy – Wait happy is an understatement," he sighed making Jennie laugh softly as he was having a hard time in finding the right words to describe what he was feeling right now.

"Go on," Jennie cheered him on with a nod of her head.

Taehyung chuckled, "Ah, I just know and I am sure that what I'm feeling right now is good for me, heck, it was too good for me, and I don't even know what I did to deserve this!"

Jennie laughed at him but inside of her, everything that he just said touched her heart dearly, she hugged him by the waist and briefly leaned her head on his chest before pulling away lightly to look at him again, "Okay, stop being cheesy already, and let's eat!"

Taehyung cheered like a child when he heard about food, Jennie pulled him to sit on one of the high stool on the island counter as she occupied the other one beside him. Taehyung grabbed his chopsticks and looked at the foods that were served in front of him that also caused his eyes to widen in surprise as the foods that he was seeing right now were all his favorites.

He glanced at Jennie and saw that she had this victorious smile upon seeing his reaction towards the food, "Did you..."

"Did I?" she asked with a meaningful look as he trailed off.

"Aish, babe, stop with the surprises already, the feeling was too much for me to handle," Taehyung whined.

Jennie laughed, "Why? Don't you like it?" she asked while pretending to be disappointed by letting out a sad pout in the process.

Taehyung scratched his head, "Ani! I just... I... Aish!" he then covered his face in embarrassment as he struggled with words again, "I just feel so happy right now," he said in a muffled voice as his hands were still on his face.

Jennie laughed seeing Taehyung act like that. It just amused her how a man who appeared charismatic and fierce on stage could be this cute and lovely at the same time and she felt extra happy as she knew he was just like this whenever he was with her.

She grabbed both of his hands and saw how red his face was making her laugh even more. Taehyung kept his head bowed as he felt shy at the moment, "Oh my gosh you're so cute!" Jennie exclaimed between her laughs.

"Jennie," Taehyung complained with a shy tone. Jennie held his face and lifted it up so that his eyes met hers.

"Taehyungie kyeopta," she said with her gummy smile, and a lot calmer this time, not with her loud and contagious laugh that made Taehyung embarrassed. Taehyung slowly smiled as he saw her gummy smile then pinched her nose that made her let out a giggle.

Jennie let go of his face and turned to get her chopsticks then used it to get a piece of meat and fed it to him, "Delicious?" she asked with a smile as Taehyung chewed on the food. His eyes glistened in satisfaction as the food tasted so good, he gave Jennie a thumbs up as an answer.

They both started eating while talking about a lot of stuff with each other. Occasionally, they would feed each other and either one of them would suddenly lean on one another, they just loved being that close with each other.

Although when Jennie was away and they always talked on the phone all the time, they still got a lot of things to talk about like Jennie's life in a foreign country, though she grew up there, it was still foreign for her, and also Taehyung's life as an idol.

When Jennie left for New Zealand, her mother offered her to spend her college year there and she agreed in no time as the school her mother chose was the best in that country, and the course offered was the one she really liked to take – Photography. When her decision was fully made, she quickly told the girls who were very sad to hear about it, especially Rose who shed some tears again upon knowing it.

She took a little while before saying it to Taehyung, because she knew he will be really sad knowing that she'll be gone for too long. Considering that they just got reunited before she left, the time they had for each other before leaving was too short and limited.

But when she told him about it, she was glad and thankful to have someone like Taehyung in her life. He didn't protest like what she had expected, he didn't complain or stopped her from doing what she wanted. Instead, he supported her and told her encouraging words, and also told her that he was really happy for her that she'll be doing what she really loves. Plus, he promised her that he'll be waiting for her no matter how long it takes, and that he'll always be there for her, and he'll never leave her side. They'll always talk with each other, and update one another about their life so that they would somehow felt like they're still physically together.

Jennie was beyond happy as every word Taehyung had told her six years ago were all true. He didn't break any of his promises that he told her, and he also did everything what he had said. He wasn't just a man of words but also a man of actions.

"Have you been sleeping a lot these days?" she asked him as they eat.

Taehyung picked a small piece of chicken and fed it to her, "Not really, we were busy preparing for the spring come back and filmed a lot of shows, and a lot of photoshoots were scheduled like every day, plus, we'll soon have the world tour so I'm afraid we'll be separated again," he answered with a sad sigh.

Upon hearing his last statement, Jennie frowned too but she quickly threw it away as she understood his work, a life of an idol wasn't that easy, her friends were celebrities too so she knew it and understand it very well, "That's okay! I'll be staying here again anyways," she said with a smile that Taehyung smiled back, "But please, take care of yourself," she said, full of concern.

Taehyung put down his utensils and held both of her hands, squeezing it tightly, "Don't worry, the hyungs have been taking good care of me," he assured her.

"Of course! I've been nagging Namjoon oppa all this time to have a closer look on you!" she blurted out that made Taehyung surprised and confused at the same time.

"H–huh?"

Jennie smiled, "Honestly, I've been in contact with the other members of your group to know your condition because I know if I were to ask you how you were doing you'll always say you were fine and I know that you aren't," she sighed, "Taehyung ah... I know you're saying that you're always fine but the truth was you weren't just to assure me and not make me worry..."

She kept the smile on her face as she continued what she wanted to say while caressing his face as Taehyung just stared at her listening quietly, "I admired you for that but... Have you forgotten what I told you? That you should also think about yourself not just about the other people around you..." Taehyung glanced away at her as he realized his old habit was coming back again.

Seeing this, Jennie tipped his chin and turned his gaze back at her, "But don't worry, it's okay, I understand you, I just wanted to always make sure you were eating well, sleeping enough, and resting when you have time, I just don't want you to be sick because of overworking," she pouted as she really hate the thought of Taehyung being sick.

Taehyung felt himself smile again as Jennie was being too sweet right now and he loves it. Every word and intention she had for him really touched his heart dearly that he couldn't help himself but to pull her in a tight long hug, "Thank you..."

Jennie hugged him back in no time and was the one who pulled away first then turned to him with a suspicious look, "But did you behave well?"

Taehyung raised a brow at her question, "Of course, I did–"

"You didn't go out and see other girls?"

Taehyung snickered at her question, "Ah, my Jendeukie is jealous!"

Jennie huffed, "I think you did," she jokingly said while crossing her arms on her chest.

"Aniya, of course, I didn't!" Taehyung defensively responded while shaking his hands no in the air then he put it down and crossed it on his chest too, imitating her accusing expression, "Well, how about you? I'm sure there were a lot of guys who tried to ask you out," he said with squinted eyes.

Jennie smirked, "Of course there were," she proudly said that made Taehyung frown.

"And did you entertain them?" he worriedly asked but he hid it behind his fierce expression.

Jennie laughed, "Of course not! Whenever there would be a guy who tried to hit on me, I just instantly shove my phone on their faces and once they saw my lock screen they would stop and ask," she explained with a shrug like it was just the most normal thing to do in the world.

Taehyung's eyebrows furrowed in confusion upon hearing her phone being the cause of guys stopping from their attempts on asking her out, "And why is that?" he curiously asked.

Jennie grabbed her phone and unlocked it revealing her mighty lock screen, she then turned it around for him to see it, "Once they see it, they would ask, who was that? Of course, what else would I say? My boyfriend of course! And they would go away and never bother me again. Easy!" she boasted.

Taehyung stared at her phone then a proud and satisfied smile crept up on his lips as he saw his own photo from one of their photobooks as her lock screen, "'My boyfriend'," he quoted then leaned closer to her as he pulled her arm that was holding up her phone down, "I like the sound of that," he said with a playful smile.

Jennie giggled, "I always knew you'd be proud."

"I'll always be proud to be your boyfriend babe..." he sincerely said and slowly leaned closer and closer to her face aiming for her lips because this time, he was sure Jennie won't block his attempt again.

Just one more move and he'll finally have a taste of her lips but she suddenly spoke stopping him from moving, "Taehyung ah..." she called out almost a whisper, his gaze went up from her lips to her eyes as if asking what was she about to say that she continued to talk.

"Eolmana gidaryeoya..." she recited, her eyes questioning him, "Was it for me...?" she asked unsure.

But the uncertainty in her eyes faded as Taehyung slowly smiled and nodded his head yes as an answer. Jennie smiled back and held his face carefully like it was the most delicate thing in the world.

"I love you..." she sincerely said causing Taehyung's eyes to widen in surprise.

He blinked his eyes, "Wh–what..."

Jennie laughed, "I love you Taehyung ah..."

He slowly smiled again, "What was that?"

"Saranghaeyo, V–ssi!"

"What did you say?" he asked smiling.

Jennie giggled, "I love you so damn much, Kim Taehyung!"

And with that he held her face and not wasting any time anymore, leaned in and captured her lips with his with closed eyes. Jennie closed her eyes and smiled against his lips and responded to him without any hesitation. She wrapped her hands around his neck as Taehyung held her waist pulling her closer to him.

When they ran out of breath, they pulled away but not letting go of one another, contented smiles were displayed on their faces. Taehyung leaned his forehead on hers and opened his eyes as he stared at Jennie's eyes that were already staring at him.

"I love too Jennie Kim... I love you so damn much..." 




 

----

Jennie's 'lock screen' ;) 

Jennie's 'lock screen' ;)