CHAPTER 46

FOUR

After some final check–ups on Jisoo, the girls finally got the chance to take her home as the doctor allowed her to be discharged from the hospital just after two days since she woke up without any other complications inside her. All there was left were her injured arm, and some bruises on her legs, and on some parts of her arms.

Jin and Jimin dropped them off to their house as they also helped them carry the things that they brought to the hospital when they stayed there to look after Jisoo, while Taehyung and Jungkook went home to fix their house for they also stayed in the hospital for about three days leaving their home a bit messy.

Once inside the house, Rose offered the two to stay for dinner with them but as much as the guys wanted it, but they have to go home to help their dongsaengs, especially Jin, he had to go home and cook the two some dinner before they even burn their house down. The girls understood them that they didn’t insist on further, Jennie laughed secretly hearing how Jin jokingly insulted Taehyung’s cooking skills with Jimin nodding in agreement with him.

After walking the guys to the door, they all settled their things into place before plopping themselves on the living room. Lisa went upstairs to fix her things that she left messy when she left for Thailand. Jennie was in the kitchen cooking them dinner already, she took the initiative to prepare them something as Jisoo couldn’t cook well with an injured arm. Rose stayed beside Jisoo to help her if she needed or wanted to get something. Though Jisoo insisted that she didn’t need Rose to do things for her, but her younger friend still stubbornly did everything for her.

“Aish, Rosie, I’m fine, go do anything that you have to do,” Jisoo said to Rose who once again beat her on standing up and getting herself a glass of water.

Rose got back from the kitchen with a glass of water in her hand and handed it to Jisoo, “Aniya, unnie, don’t move and just stay there, I don’t have anything else to do anyway, so please,” Rose strictly said.

Jisoo rolled her eyes from the girl in front of her, but deep inside she felt special as her friends were very thoughtful in taking care of her, “It’s just a minor injury–”

“Prevention is better than cure, stay.”

Rose sternly said with her one hand on her waist and the other motioning her to stay on the couch. Jisoo couldn’t do anything but to nod and follow everything what the latter was saying. Minutes later, Lisa came back from their bedroom and joined her and Rose in their living room. And just like Rose, Lisa was also being strict with her on staying still and just tell them what she needs.

Getting tired of their naggings, Jisoo smiled mischievously without the knowledge of the her two dongsaengs, if they were being like this, willingly doing everything what she was saying, might as well enjoy it. She turned to Lisa who was busy scrolling through her phone, “Lisa, please return this to the kitchen,” she asked and in no time Lisa took the glass from her hand and returned it to the kitchen.

Jisoo then turned to Rose, “Rosie, please open the TV, I want to watch something,” Rose didn’t say anything and just followed, just then Lisa was back from the kitchen.

“Lisa, can you take off my shoes? My feet are getting stuffy.”

“Rosie, please get a spoonful of Jennie’s cooking, I want to taste it first.”

“Lisa, please get me something in my closet that’s more comfortable.”

“Rosie, can you change the channel? I don’t like that program.”

“Lisa, can you get me a pillow from my room?”

“Rosie, I’m thirsty again, water please.”

“Lisa, please turn the volume up.”

“Rosie, please get my slippers.”

“Lisa–”

“Rose–”

“YAH UNNIE YOU’RE ABUSING OUR KINDNESS!” the maknaes yelled at her that made Jisoo laugh loudly at them. She was ordering the two around continuously that it made them confuse what should they do first. They found the first two or three requests of Jisoo tolerable, but when she spoke continuously they got suspicious and they were right, their dear unnie was making fun of them.

“Hahahahaha! What? You told me to stay still,” Jisoo said with a shrug but kept laughing on her dongsaengs.

“Here we are being kind, but you’re just making fun of it!” Lisa whined like a kid with her stomping her foot on the ground. Rose and Lisa huffed in annoyance when their unnie laughed more instead of apologizing to them. Just then Jennie shouted from the kitchen that dinner’s ready, the maknaes hurriedly went to the dining area leaving Jisoo behind.

Jisoo calmed her laugh down and stood up from the couch to join them in the dining area. Not long after, Jennie came out from the kitchen carrying a tray of their food and served it on their table, when she saw Rose and Lisa frowning grumpily, she gave them questioning looks, but her questions were answered when she heard Jisoo snickering at the two beside her, “Yah unnie, what did you do?” Jennie asked Jisoo who just smiled smugly.

“What? Nothing,” she answered innocently then started digging in the food with Lisa and Rose giving her death glares upon hearing her answer, “Thank you for the food, Jendeukie!”

Jennie rolled her eyes, “Aish, don’t call me that,” she said with a low, firm voice, and just stayed quiet after that, Jisoo stopped from getting herself food, and the two looked at Jennie with concerns in their eyes. They knew why she didn’t want to be called like that again, because it was the nickname that Taehyung has for her.

“Sorry…” Jisoo quietly said, then just continued getting food, the two followed suit and they all started eating quietly without saying another word after that. The three were glancing at each other silently as if saying that one of them should do something to make the atmosphere less awkward, while Jennie just had her eyes on the food she was eating, not even looking at other directions even for once. They knew she felt very upset just by hearing that nickname.

Jisoo inwardly smacked her head as she blamed herself, this wouldn’t happen if it weren’t for her carelessness. She glanced back at the two again just in time to catch Lisa’s eyes passed by her, that she enlarged her eyes towards her calling her attention, “Do something,” Jisoo mouthed at her, making Lisa shrug as if saying she doesn’t have any idea what to do, Jisoo sighed then mouthed again, “Say something then.”

Seeing her unnie’s persistence, Lisa stopped eating for a while, and thought for an idea. She thought of something that might get their group to talk without anyone being affected in a bad way by it, and something that Jennie wouldn’t resist. Then her face lit up as an idea poked into her mind, she just wished this wouldn’t fail. She sat up properly and warmed herself. Here goes nothing…

“Jennie unnie…” she called out to Jennie with her cutest voice, adding a pout and puppy dog eyes, and as always her aegyo didn’t fail her as Jennie finally lifted her gaze and turned it to her.

But as Jennie looked up to her, she easily wished she didn’t for it was making her cringe at the sight, “Oh no, you’re acting cute again,” Jennie said like she was scared whenever Lisa’s flashing her cuteness in front of her.

Despite Jennie’s negative reaction, Lisa kept her aegyo, “Unnie… Earlier, Jisoo unnie abused Lilis and Rorose…”

“Deh, unnie… Jisoo unnie is being bad with Lilis and Rorose…” Rose joined in with the same cute and baby voice as Lisa, and also combined with that cute pout and puppy eyes.

Jisoo smiled in victory seeing how the maknaes finally did something that could fix the air rotating around them. She looked at Jennie, and as expected her face slightly softened up, she knew Jennie couldn’t resist the girls when they were acting like this already, but the cringey feeling was still there.

Then Jennie turned to her, scolding her again, “Yah unnie, why are you bullying the maknaes?”

But then Jisoo joined the other two in doing aegyo before answering her, “Forgive unnie, Jenjen…” the two did their best to hold in their laughter when they saw how Jennie’s face cringed when Jisoo did aegyo, they knew Jisoo wasn’t into doing those kind of things, but now she’s doing it just for the sake of their friend.

Jennie laughed lightly at them, “Okay, enough of that, I knew you’re just doing it to lighten up the mood,” Jennie said knowingly making the three frown for being busted, “Don’t think that even though I kept my gaze low, I wouldn’t see you talking with your eyes,” she added then turned to the maknaes, “Yah, you two stop treating unnie like she’s some completely disabled person,” she scolded the two much to Jisoo’s delight that she stuck her tongue out towards them like a kid that the two returned with the same thing.

Then Jennie turned to her making her stop her childishness, “And you unnie, the maknaes were being thoughtful, stop making fun of them,” she scolded too making the two girls laugh at her expression.

“Yah! I’m still your unnie,” she said smacking Jennie's arm lightly that the latter just responded with a chuckle.

“Forgive, Jenjen?” Jennie asked doing a simple aegyo making all of them laugh, finally the mood had been lifted. They all continued eating, while talking with each other this time. They talked about random stuff, joked around, and told more random stories.

After some time, the room fell silent again, but not long after it was broken again as Rose said something, “Unnie,” she called out making Jennie and Jisoo looked at her, but seeing that Rose was focused on Jennie, Jisoo just continued her eating and ignored them.

“Oh, wae?” Jennie asked.

“Don’t you think you got something to tell us?” Rose said, giving her a knowing look as Lisa and Jisoo slowly stopped from eating and focused their attentions to them now. Hearing what Rose said, Jennie abruptly stopped herself from chewing and just swallowed the food inside straightly, dropping her spoon in the process, she totally forgot about that.

Seeing Jennie’s stunned reaction, Lisa and Jisoo turned to her fully with looks of anticipation and curiosity. Jennie deeply sighed and just stared at her fiddling hands on her lap, “Uhm… I’ll be going tomorrow…” she said.

“Going? Tomorrow? Where?” Jisoo asked in confusion.

“B–back to New Zealand…” she blurted out making Lisa and Jisoo widen their eyes in shock. They weren’t prepared to hear someone from their group to leave their home again.

“But unnie, I just got back…” Lisa protested with a sad tone making Jennie frown more.

“My mom asked for it since she wouldn’t be here anymore for the graduation for we obviously skipped it yesterday,” Jennie explained and sighed, “She told me to have a vacation with her somewhere there as her graduation gift for me…” she added that made the others nod in understanding but sadness were still evident in their faces.

“Well, how long are you going to stay there though?” Jisoo asked, still frowning.

“That… I am not so sure of,” Jennie answered then turned her gaze away from them, she felt bad at ruining the mood around them again. Just then she felt Jisoo’s hand squeezing hers in comfort.

She looked up at Jisoo and the others smiling at her, “Enjoy your stay there Jennie–ah, and it has been a long time already since the last time you’ve been with your mom, so we think that’s great!” Jisoo said with now happier voice making her smile.

She looked at the other two and they had the same smile as Jisoo, comforting, assuring, and understanding, “Unnie’s right! How I wish I could be in Australia too to spend some time with my family,” Rose said, kind of feeling sad at the mention of her family.

“Don’t you have any plans on going back?” Jennie asked.

“Well, I do have one but I’ll go there just two weeks before college starts,” Rose said with her familiar cheerful voice. When everything’s alright again, they asked Jennie more about her flight and she answered it all. They also talked about the universities they planned to attend and the studies they planned to take. They were lost in their conversations again when suddenly their doorbell rang, interrupting them again.

Rose got up from her seat and volunteered to get it, she looked at the clock to see the time, it was past nine in the evening already and they’re still having visitors. Must be one of the boys, Rose thought as she walked to the door and opened it carelessly.

She opened the door and was about to greet the person but when she saw who it was, she automatically glared and slam the door close again but even before the door could be closed, the visitor’s hand stopped it, “Rose, wait.”

Rose sighed and opened the door again but she occupied the whole open space as if saying that the person wasn’t welcome in their home, “Aish, what now Jinyoung?” she asked in a mean way.

Jinyoung scratched the back of his head as he felt slightly embarrassed right now, “Can I talk to Jisoo?” he asked straightforwardly.

“No,” Rose simply answered then aimed to close the door again but once again, JInyoung’s strong hands managed to stop it.

“Please? I promise my intention is nothing but kindness this time,” he sincerely said and slightly begged. Rose sensed the pleading in his tone that she sighed in defeat and just let him in, “Thank you,” Jinyoung said with a small smile.

“Yeah, whatever,” she responded nonchalantly as she closed the door behind them, she then started walking back to their table and asked him to follow her.

“Rose, who was that–”

“Jinyoung…” Jisoo called out of shock cutting Lisa’s question, and just like Rose, the two automatically glared at the said male.

“What are you doing here?” Jennie asked in her cold tone.

“I just wanted to talk to Jisoo,” Jinyoung said.

“Andwae, the last time we talked something bad happened,” Jisoo rejected causing a sad sigh from Jinyoung.

“You heard her, you can go now,” Lisa said in the same mean and cold way as Jennie and Rose.

“I promise this is the last, and nothing bad will happen,” Jinyoung assured her and hoped that she will agree this time.

Jisoo looked at him for some minutes, his eyes screamed that he was telling the truth, that she eventually nodded and stood up from her seat and pulled him with her to their mini garden.

“What? Unnie?” Jennie called out in disbelief but Jisoo just ignored her much to her irritation.

Jisoo let go of his wrist once they arrived at the garden, “Okay, talk,” she simply said as she faced him fully.

Jinyoung let out another sigh before speaking, “I was actually planning on talking with you yesterday but turned out you didn’t march,” he started that just made Jisoo raise an eyebrow as if saying that he should just get to the point straightly or else, Jinyoung sighed again, “I’m sorry for everything I had done. I’m sorry for all the troubles that I had caused,” he sincerely said making Jisoo’s cold face, softened.

“I got too confident in taking you back, turned out I’m already late because you already found someone who could treat you the way you should be treated and someone who really deserves you,” he smiled bitterly but nevertheless, still happy for her.

“I wasted all the chances I had in being with you, I just blew it all off,” he said with a tone of regret and let out a sad smile, “Let’s just say that we weren’t destined for each other that’s why all of this happened…”

Jisoo slowly nodded at him as a respond making Jinyoung smile at her, “Once again, sorry for everything Jisoo–yah, promise me you’ll be happy with Jin?”

Jisoo smiled widely at him, “I promise!”

Jinyoung chuckled, she didn’t change one bit, he thought, “So, yeah, I’m going to Japan to start my training in JYP so… This is good bye, friends?” he said with a hopeful expression while holding out his hand in front of her for a handshake.

Jisoo stared at it for a while making Jinyoung nervous and afraid, but he was shocked when instead of shaking his hand, Jisoo stepped forward to hug him and tapped his back gently with her left hand, “Take care of yourself there, of course we could be friends!” she said, making Jinyoung feel at ease and hug her back.

Jisoo pulled back from him and gave him a smile, “Do your best, okay? Debut quickly!” she strictly ordered making Jinyoung chuckle.

“Deh eomma!” Jinyoung joked, after that, he told her good bye again as Jisoo walked him to their door. When Jinyoung left, Jisoo went back to where the girls were and told them everything. They were glad that they finally had a proper closure. After eating, they all cleaned their table, then did their evening routines before heading to sleep.

Morning came and it was the day Jennie would be leaving for New Zealand. They all woke up just in time. Lisa, Rose, and Jisoo busied themselves in the kitchen as they wanted the food to be specially prepared for Jennie. They wanted to make her smile before leaving, though she’ll still come back, the girls were treating her as if she’ll never come back home again.

Jennie giggled at the girls’ cute surprise for her, they cooked two eggs and a sausage forming it in a smiley face with the words “We’ll miss you, we love you” written on the edge on the plate, written in ketchup. Jennie hugged them, “Aish, you’re making me cry,” she said while the girls chuckle at her and told her to eat already, then later on, they’ll help her pack everything she needed.

Jennie agreed and sat down on her usual spot as the others followed. They started eating breakfast and talking about stuff again, they never ran out of things to talk about, that it was one of the reasons why they had this strong bond and friendship.

They also told Jennie the things they wanted her to buy for them and carry it back home when she came back, she laughed at them as they were listing a lot of things, as if she could remember and buy it all, then the doorbell rang again.

Seeing that the three were busy blabbering a lot of things, she just volunteered herself to answer it. She stood up and walked to the door. She opened it and saw someone that she least expected to be there right now.

“Min Jae…”

“Can we talk?”