CHAPTER 32

FOUR

Days flew by so fast that Saturday came, the day for their graduation ball. The girls went for some shopping early in the morning, even before having their breakfast. They didn’t manage to go to the mall last night for they were already exhausted from all their school works.

Their graduation day was coming closer and closer that requirements were being thrown at them endlessly. And they should meet the deadline for them to be able to march on their special day, which was just a week or two away.

They didn’t spend too much time on shopping like they usually do because they wanted to have all of their time in dolling up themselves. Also, they wanted to be home already for Lisa was all alone in their house.

“Why didn’t Lisa come with us?” Jennie asked Rose curiously as they were now inside Rose’s car, heading home, Jisoo being the driver, she got her student license just about six months ago, Rose in the passenger seat, and Jennie at the back with their shopping bags.

Rose turned to Jennie and answered, “She told me that she already has a dress, she bought it in Thailand the last time she came home,” Jennie just nodded her head, acknowledging the information. Just half an hour later, they were in front of their house already. Once Jisoo was done parking the car, they all head out and went inside their houses carrying the bags.

“Lisa we’re home!” Jisoo shouted as they entered the house. They saw Lisa came out from their kitchen while holding a ladle, she was cooking some Thai food for their brunch while they were away.

“Good! Right on time for breakfast slash lunch!” she told them happily then went back to the kitchen to finish her cooking and serve it to their table. Rose, Jennie, and Jisoo placed their shopping bags down in their living room then went straightly to their dining room and prepare the utensils that they needed for eating.

Not long after, Lisa came out of their kitchen carrying a huge bowl of the Thai food she cooked, when she placed it down, Jisoo took a closer look to what it was and her eyes lit up in joy, “Omo, Pad Thai?!” she squealed.

Lisa giggled at her unnie, “Deh! Let’s eat!” she announced happily that they all grabbed their chopsticks and bowls to scoop for their portion of the stir fried noodles.

“Thanks for the food maknae!” Jennie said then blew a kiss to Lisa that she caught happily making the others laugh at them lightly.

“But don’t you think it’s a bit grand for a breakfast?” Rose asked.

Lisa shook her head without hesitation, “Ani! Besides, it’s not only for breakfast Rosie, it’s for lunch too! It’s nearly 12 noon you know,” Lisa informed her that caused her to check her wrist watch and it’s true it’s already five minutes to 12 noon, she thought they spent a short time in the mall, but turned out it also took them three hours walking around.

“AND, I wanted to cook for my unnies, so,” Lisa said proudly making Jennie and Jisoo smiled widely at her.

“How ‘bout me?” Rose pouted cutely.

“You’re my unnie too! I just don’t call you that since we were born in the same year,” Lisa said that Rose hugged her sideways that she hugged back tightly.

“Okay, enough sweetness, let’s finish our maknae’s delicious treat,” Jisoo said followed by the girls’ giggles.

“Deh!” they said in unison and continued on eating while talking about some random stuff. When they all finished eating, Jennie volunteered in washing the dishes then told them to start taking a bath one by one so they could start on preparing themselves.

They all agreed to her plan and proceeded on their rooms. Jisoo occupied the bathroom that was inside her and Jennie’s room. While on the other room, Lisa told Rose that she could go on first before her that Rose gladly agreed to.

In that very same time, the boys were also getting ready for the event tonight. They also just finished eating their lunch and Taehyung also volunteered in washing the dishes while Jimin and Jin cleaned their table, they let Jungkook to take a bath first since they noticed that among them, he was the most excited one.

“Jimin,” Jin called out while wiping their table clean.

Jimin looked up to his hyung waiting for him to continue what he was about to say, “Are you going to pick Rose up later?” Jin asked.

“Oh, right hyung, I was about to tell you. You’re going to fetch Jisoo noona tonight, right? Mind if me and Rose join?” Jimin asked kindly.

“Sure! No problem! You didn’t have to ask you know!” Jin told him with a ‘duh’ expression that he thought his hyung was gay.

Jimin laughed at him lightly, “Thanks hyung,” then they heard their bathroom door open revealing Jungkook in his bathrobe, and he walked straightly upstairs to his and Jin’s room to get dressed.

“Kookie will be tagging along too,” Jin informed Jimin then nudged him that it’s his turn to use the bathroom. Jimin nodded and went straightly inside. Jin finished wiping the table then went over to Taehyung by the sink to return the clothe he used.

“How ‘bout you, Tae?” Jin asked him suddenly that made him surprised.

“H–huh?” he asked stuttering.

Jin chuckled as he figured he got him out of his own world, “I said, will you and Jennie be tagging along with us too?” he asked again.

“A–ah,” Taehyung said in realization then looked away from his hyung, “Aniya… We’ll go on our own,” he lowly answered that made Jin nudged his sides teasing him.

“Our Taetae’s so manly, eh!” Jin exclaimed then went to the living room and left him to his own world again. Taehyung didn’t say nor react after that, his friends were clueless to his plans anyway.

Jin walked his way to their living room then saw Jungkook was already there, dressed in his black pants and white inner shirt. His coat, tie, and white crisp long sleeved polo in his hands.

“Yah Jungkook, you’ll wrinkle your polo,” Jin scolded when he saw Jungkook was carelessly holding it. Hearing this, Jungkook quickly scanned his polo and frowned as he saw that it was really wrinkled.

Jin grabbed it, “Aish, I’ll iron it for you,” he said much to Jungkook’s happiness. While waiting for Jin to finish, he faced their full length mirror and proceeded on styling his hair.

After ironing Jungkook’s polo, Jin placed it neatly on the sofa and told Jungkook that it was done, the younger male thanked him. Jin just nodded then went inside the bathroom as it was available already.

Taehyung finished doing the dishes that he lazed around their living room, watching TV. Jimin arrived downstairs and like Jungkook, he faced their mirror and styled his black hair. After fifteen to twenty minutes, they saw their hyung went out of the bathroom, already wearing his black pants and white long sleeves, then joined them in front of the mirror.

“Look at the two of you, became ugly, once I stood beside you! Hahahaha!” he told them with his crazy laugh.

Jimin and Jungkook just rolled their eyes from their hyung who was still busy laughing at his own joke and thought that he was about to shed some tears from so much laughing. They didn’t bother to talk back for they were already used to him being so in love with his own looks.

As Jimin rolled his eyes, he noticed that Taehyung was still comfortably seated on their couch, “Yah Taehyung, what are you waiting for?” he asked him that got the latter’s attention.

“Oh, right,” he saw hesitation in Taehyung’s eyes but just shrugged it off when he saw him stand up and went inside their bathroom. He then went back on fixing himself.

Time flew by so fast that they didn’t notice it was almost time for them to go and Taehyung was still in the bathroom. They took one last final check on their outfits and hair before getting their staff they needed.

Jin grabbed his car keys, cellphone and draped his black velvet coat on his shoulder with care. Jimin carried his white coat and shoved his cellphone inside his pocket after texting Rose that they were on their way. Jungkook removed his tie as he felt that it didn’t go well with his outfit. And he felt satisfied as he saw his reflection without it.

“Everything settled?” Jin asked them for confirmation. Jimin nodded his head while Jungkook glanced at their bathroom’s door as he noticed his other hyung was still there, “Taetae hyung was still in there.”

“Don’t worry about him, he said him and Jennie will go alone,” Jin answered, “Okay, let’s go,” the three then walked to the door heading to Jin’s car.


After they all finished taking a bath, all of them dragged their make-up kits to their living room as they decided to help on dolling up each other. Jisoo wore her dress already as she was afraid wearing it after she already did her hair, her hair might get messed up. Her dress was black, high necked, embellished with silver beads, and stopped mid–thigh.

She sat on the chair in front of Lisa as she asked her to help her do her make–up. Lisa started doing her job and loved how the colors of the make–up matched her friend’s complexion. She smiled in contentment after applying make–up to Jisoo, then proceeded on straightening her hair, she thought it’ll suit her look. When she was done, she smiled proudly as her unnie looked very beautiful.

“Lalisa, jjang!” Jisoo exclaimed once she saw herself on the mirror.

Rose did the same as Jisoo as her dress was rather formfitting. It was navy blue in color that has black chiffon straps, it was an off–shoulder long sleeved dress that also stopped mid–thigh, and she paired it with a silver belt.

While Jisoo was being styled by Lisa, she chose Jennie as her stylist. She sat in front of Jennie that she started doing her magic on her. And just like Lisa, Jennie felt happy styling Rose as all of the colors that she put on her complimented her. She also decided to straighten Rose’s long hair for she thought it would be best for her look.

Her idea didn’t fail her as Rose’s appearance turned out to be really beautiful after tending on her. Jennie gave Rose a thumbs up of approval when she was done, Rose picked their circular mirror and looked at herself, and let out a gasp of contentment seeing herself, “No wonder you’re always pretty, unnie,” she told Jennie that she just returned with a giggle.

Jennie and Lisa then started tending to themselves. They went to their full length mirror and put make–up on their faces. They all glanced at Lisa when she finished quickly, hers was rather simpler and lighter compared to them but they just shrugged for it still looked good on her, then Lisa went upstairs to their room without saying anything to them.

They didn’t bother asking for she’ll just probably wear her dress. After putting make–up, Jennie also went to their room to get change. She picked a dress that was styled like the dresses in the Victorian era. It was long sleeved, designed with leaves and flowers covered with silver glitters, in a dull shade of purple, had ruffles on the chest part, and paired with a silver belt too.

They all picked a rather short dress for they expected every girl in their ball tonight would probably be wearing long dresses.

She picked that dress for she thought it’s the best one that describes what Taehyung wanted. And when she wore it, she indeed looked nice, beautiful, vibrant, and shining, just like what Taehyung said. She smiled at her reflection, she can’t wait for him to see her.

She went down and saw that Jisoo and Rose were already wearing their shoes, probably their dates will arrive shortly. And as expected, just after about fifteen minutes, they heard their doorbell rang that Rose quickly answered, her purse in her hand, same as Jisoo.

She opened the door and two dashing looking guys greeted her, “You two looked more human tonight!” she teased them as a greeting.

“Jinnie!” they heard Jisoo called out who was already behind Rose.

Jin was stunned when he saw Jisoo, “J–Jisoo, you look so beautiful,” he uttered while staring at her. Jisoo blushed at his stares then walked to where he was.

“You don’t look so bad yourself either,” she shyly said as she fixed his collar.

“You looked like Prince Eric of Little Mermaid!” Rose excitedly told Jimin for it was her favorite Disney movie and Ariel was her favorite Disney princess.

Jimin shyly scratched the back of his head feeling flattered towards her compliment, “Well, you’re my Ariel,” he said that made Rose sweetly smile.

“You girls ready to go?” Jin asked them that they answered with a nod of their heads. They were about to walk to the car when Jimin asked something, “Wait, where’s Lisa? Jungkook’s with us,” he curiously asked.

“Ah, Lisa said they agreed that they’ll see each other there, she said she wanted to surprise Jungkook on what she’ll look tonight,” Rose answered with a smile. The guys nodded in understanding then held their hands while walking as they guided them to the car.

“Jennie, we’re going!” Jennie heard Jisoo shouted from the door.

“Take care!” she shouted back and it was followed by the sound of their door, closing. She re fixing her hair. Also straightening it, then put it on a low ponytail that made her look very elegant. She felt contented as she saw herself on the mirror. It’s exactly what she planned it to be. She looked above as she wondered what’s taking Lisa so long.

She shrugged and grabbed her shoes, it was the same as Jisoo’s but hers was glittery silver matching her dress, while Jisoo’s were leather black. She stood up and took a final check on her appearance when she heard their doorbell rang again.

She smiled hearing it then took a glance of herself one more time before walking to the door. She opened it with a wide smile but her smile slowly disappeared when she saw that the person before her wasn’t the one she expected, “M–min Jae–ssi?” she uttered with a hint of disappointment.

“Wow. You look very beautiful,” he told her while staring at her in awe.

“What are you doing here?” she asked, ignoring his compliment.

That snapped Min Jae out of his daze, and shot her his charming smile, “Picking you up.”

Jennie’s face showed confusion, “W–where’s Taehyung?” she asked him as she felt disappointed because he wasn’t the one who fetched her. She looked intently at Min Jae waiting for a response and she didn’t know why but she saw a mixture of hurt and annoyance flashed in his eyes upon hearing her question.

Min Jae blinked rapidly before answering her, “A–ah, hyung told me he’ll be a little bit late and asked me to pick you up instead,” he said with a smile, Jennie just looked at him for a moment, she felt something wasn’t right.

But she just sighed and thought that it’ll be impolite of her to reject him right now, “Okay, I’ll just get my phone and purse, you can come in if you want,” she offered.

Min Jae shook his head and politely rejected her offer, “I’ll wait for you here,” she just nodded and turned around to get her phone and purse from their living room. Before going back to Min Jae, she walked upstairs to inform Lisa she’s going.

She got a hold of their bedroom door but it was unusually locked that she just decided to knock, “Lisa?” she called out.

“Neh unnie?” she heard the younger girl answer from the room.

“I’m going now,” she replied.

“Oh, take care unnie!” she heard her answer again, she wanted to ask her why can’t she open the door so they could talk properly but she didn’t want Min Jae to wait any longer.

“Are you sure you can go there on your own?” she asked in worry.

“Yeah, don’t worry…”

“Okay, bye then,” Jennie said then went down the stairs and went back to Min Jae.

Inside the room, Lisa was their sitting on the corner of her bed. She was also wearing a dress but it was rather simpler and casual than the other three was wearing, and instead of heels, she was wearing her white Chuck Taylors.

She applied simpler and lighter make up for a reason, she wasn’t headed for their graduation ball. She was headed for the airport to catch her flight back to Thailand.

She purposely locked herself inside their room by the time Rose was done preparing herself so that she’ll not go to their room anymore and asked her questions. She chose not to tell them anything while she was still here because for sure, they’d rather go with her to the airport instead to the party. And she clearly knew how much this night meant to her friends. She saw how excited they were.

Aside from her friends, there’s Jungkook, whom she doesn’t want to see before leaving because she’s sure, with just one look in his eyes, she won’t hold herself back and won’t leave the country, resulting to disappointing her father more than he already was.

A tear fell from her eyes because of her thoughts that Jungkook was probably waiting for her in the venue already, expecting for her to come and see how handsome he was. She smiled sadly as she remembered their last date. He was so excited to be her date on this ball, and then here she was about to break him.

She wiped her tears away and stood up from her bed, then grabbed her carry-on luggage and sling bag that contained her passport and plane ticket. She went downstairs and headed for their door. Once outside, she quickly hailed a cab and went inside it, “Incheon Airport please,” she told the driver that just nodded.

She looked outside the window and covered as she felt tears were threatening to fall again, and sobs were about to came out from . She quickly wiped her eyes and held back her crying.

“I’m sorry, Mr. Jeon…”