CHAPTER 28

FOUR

“AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH – WAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH – HEEEEEEEELLLPPPPPPPPP!!”

Jin’s loud screams boomed into the air along with the other passengers’ as the rollercoaster they were riding continuously passed through the obstacles in a fast speed, adding more thrill and excitement on the ride.

“OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH PLEASE MAKE THIS STOOOOOOP–” Jin blabbered nonstop as the ride went up again then fell down immediately in a fast speed. Jin closed his eyes while the ride goes on and on, not letting him live.

Beside him was a bright and happy Jisoo. Letting out blissful and excited screams as the obstacles that their ride went through got more and more intense. Her state was the complete opposite of the guy beside her.

She glanced beside her then burst into a loud laughter when she saw Jin’s frightened expression and at the same time hearing him utter a silent prayer, “YAH SEOKJIN OPEN YOUR EYES AND ENJOY THE RIDE!!” she yelled at him but just got more screaming and yelling of disapproval from Jin.

“ANDWAE ANDWAE! SHIRO SHIRO NEOMU NEOMU SHIRO! KIM JISOO YOU DRAGGED ME INTO THIS! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!” Jisoo can’t help but laugh at his reactions, it was priceless. She knew she shouldn’t be making fun of him right now, but she can’t stop herself from laughing and feeling happy.

Jisoo looked ahead of her again and closed her eyes feeling the air that was hitting her face and blowing her long black hair, then threw her hands up in the air. She can still hear Jin’s screams of protests while begging the heavens to make the ride come to its end already that she still smiled and laughed at him. It amused her for even though she’s with this guy and he’s at his worst, he still managed to make her feel pure bliss and happiness.

She opened her eyes as she felt that their ride was slowing down and she can see that they were near the platform where they came from earlier. Then not long after, the rollercoaster stopped once it reached the platform, the safety handrails started moving up indicating that they can hopped off the ride already.

Jisoo started removing her seatbelt but stopped midway when she heard Jin still exclaiming scared expressions beside her, she turned to him and saw that his eyes were still close while saying, “GOD PLEASE SAVE ME, I STILL WANT TO LIVE, I STILL HAVE PLANS TO FULFILL, SAVE ME PLEASE,” he exclaimed continuously.

Jisoo laughed loudly again then smacked his arm a bit hard to knock some sense into him, “Yah Jin! The ride’s already over!” she said between her laughs.

Her smack got him out of his nightmare that he abruptly opened his eyes once hearing the word over, “Oh, jeongmal?! Finally!” he breathed in relief and also removed his seatbelt then turned to Jisoo and removed hers as he saw her busy laughing at him.

“Let’s go Jichu!” he said in a now calmer tone, as if nothing happened to him during their ride. They hopped off the rollercoaster and headed for the exit. They got out of the rollercoaster house but Jisoo was still letting out soft laughter, “Yah stop laughing,” Jin grumbled with a pout.

And it made Jisoo laugh loudly again, “Hahahahahahaha! You should’ve seen your face the whole ride! It was priceless!” she cheerfully told him.

Jin glared at her and kept on his grumpy pout. Jisoo slowly calmed herself down and stopped her laughter, she breathed in and out slowly then stood properly and faced him giving him an apologetic smile, “Mianhae, you just made me happy,” she said genuinely smiling.

Upon hearing this, Jin’s face quickly lit up, “Oh, chincha?! It’s okay then!” he said happily making Jisoo giggle. He felt proud of himself upon discovering that he made her that happy.

Then suddenly he turned to her again with a sad face, “Geunde, Jisoo–ah, let’s not ride that again, this is the first and the last, okay?” he said like a kid asking his mom for assurance that they’ll really go to Disneyland later.

Jisoo chuckled and tapped his cheek lightly, “Okay, I’ll let you live.”

“Ah, thank you, Jisoos!” he said thankfully and suddenly embraced her making Jisoo startled but eventually hugged him back while letting out soft giggles hearing that he had a new nickname for her again.

“Jinnie,” she called out softly, still in his embrace.

“Hmm?”

“Thank you for making me happy every time,” she sincerely said as she rested her head comfortably on his broad shoulder and wrapped her arms tightly around his waist.

Jin smiled and also tightened his hold around her, “My pleasure princess,” then he kissed the top of her head that Jisoo felt loved and cared for. She pulled away lightly then looked at him, “I’m hungry,” she said while pouting cutely.

Jin chuckled and pinched her cheek, “Me too! Let’s go,” he answered as he intertwined his hand with hers and pulled her to where the food stalls are located. Jisoo looked at their hands and unconsciously smiled while staring at it. She wished this day would end the way she wanted.

They reached the food court of the amusement park, Jin looked around to search for an empty seat for them then he suddenly turned to Jisoo when she pointed something, “Oh, there,” he looked to where she was pointing and saw that it was a vacant table good for the both of them. They quickly walked their way to the table afraid that other people might occupy it but to their relief they reached it in no time.

Jin pulled the chair out for Jisoo that she gladly accepted and sat on it, then Jin quickly sat on the seat in front of her, “What would you like to eat, princess?” Jin asked sweetly.

Jisoo smiled then thought for a while, “Hmm, I’ll have a milkshake,” Jin nodded, not saying anything as he saw her expression and he knew that she was about to say something more, “And a chicken burger! Chikin chikin!” he was right as Jisoo did that little dance again as she mentioned chicken again.

Jin chukled and stood up, “Coming right up, princess,” he said then threw her a salute before walking to the food stalls to buy their foods. Jisoo waved cheerfully at him then waited patiently at their table.

It didn’t take long when Jin was in front of her again holding a tray of their foods. He served her food in front of her and his on his side of the table then put the tray to a nearby counter before settling himself on his seat, “Let’s eat!”

“Thanks for the food, Prince Seokjin,” Jisoo playfully said with a bow.

“Eat now princess!” Jin said then they started digging in their food. Comfortable silence engulfed them, only the soft murmurs of other people around them was heard.

They were silently eating but was interrupted by Jisoo’s beeping phone indicating she received a message. Jin watched as Jisoo picked up her phone and unlocked it. He saw how her blank expression turned into an annoyed one when she opened the message and had probably read it.

“Why? Nugu?” Jisoo heard Jin asked that she quickly locked her phone and put it back inside her bag.

“S–spam, it was a spam,” she answered trying her best to sound convincing.

Jin looked at her a little bit more then he just shrugged it away as he saw that Jisoo has continued eating her food comfortably, then he remembered something, “Jisoo I’m your date next Saturday, okay!” he happily said.

Jisoo gave him a questioning look as she wondered what the event next Saturday is or if they’ll just going to have a date again, “What? We’ll go on a date again?” she confusedly asked.

Jin frowned seeing that she was clueless, “Yah, it’s our graduation ball!” he enlightened her.

Jisoo’s eyes widened in realization, “Oh, right,” she uttered then looked at him, “But don’t you think the more proper way for you to be my date was to ask me nicely?” she said with a grin.

Jin sighed at the idea, “Aniya, I’d rather order you to be my date than to ask you. Why? Are you planning to go with someone else?” he asked giving her one of his horrified expressions.

Jisoo laughed, “Then what if I do?” she asked with one eyebrow raised.

Jin grumpily crossed his arms on his chest, “Yah don’t do this to me!” he whined making Jisoo laugh at him again.

“Kidding! Of course, you’re my date!” Jisoo said finally agreeing much to Jin’s relief that he took a hold of his burger again and continued eating with a satisfied smile, “But I would like to see a jealous Seokjin, you know?”

“Jisooooooooooooooooooooooooo!”


Taehyung left their home early carrying his backpack with some extra clothes in it in case he got sweaty for he planned to practice his skateboarding on the rink near Han River. He said good bye to Jimin and Jin who were eating their breakfast that time.

He picked up his skateboard that was resting beside Jungkook’s bike that he also borrowed for today. He tied his skateboard securely behind Jungkook’s bike then grabbed the bike and pulled it out of their gate.

Once he was all settled, he hopped on the bike and pedaled his way to the Han River. He unconsciously smiled as he loved the feel of the cold, soft breeze of the air in the morning. After about half an hour of biking, he reached the rink.

He parked his bike where the other bikes were located, he chained and locked it on a pole in case someone might stole it and Jungkook will kill him. That’s the least thing he wanted to happen for in his mind he should be the one to kill his dongsaeng, of course just in a joking way.

He untied his skateboard from the bike then rode it as he made his way to the rink. Before skateboarding on the ramps, he faced the Han River first and smiled softly as the scenery amazed him. He took out his phone and took a photo of it.

Then one last look and off he went to the ramps. He first did the simple tricks that he had learned from the past to figure out if he still got it, it was already three months since he last skated anyway. And a satisfied smile creeped up his lips as he did the tricks without mistakes.

He knew that his best friends would be all out on a date later that he decided to go here by himself. He didn’t want to be alone in the house, he didn’t want to feel lonelier as he was feeling it already these past days.

The past days he become distant from his friends, he knew they noticed it especially Jennie, as he couldn’t count the times she had tried to stop him from leaving during their lunch break in school. He would always say that he’s sleepy and he was glad that Jennie will just nod and let him be. But he could see in her eyes that she knew better, she’s just giving him space and understanding him, that’s the kind of girl she was.

He sadly smiled at the thought, Jennie indeed his ideal type. He didn’t know why but fate was being selfish to him. He just wanted to be happy and have something or rather someone that he wants. But it was still being taken away from him.

That afternoon when they all finished their lunch after Jennie left with his brother Min Jae, everyone got up from their seats and went out of the cafeteria and walked their way to the school’s front gate planning to go.

When they were out of the school, they all turned to each other, “Hyungs, me and Lisa will just go somewhere,” Jungkook said while holding Lisa’s hand who was beside him talking to Rose, also saying that they’ll spend some time together.

“Me and Rose too,” Jimin added.

Jin and Taehyung nodded then all of them waved goodbye and parted ways. Jin and Taehyung walked together to the bus stop silently until Jin broke it, “How about you, Tae? Won’t you wait for Jennie?” Jin asked Taehyung who kept his head low.

Taehyung shook his head, “Ani hyung, I’ll stay home instead,” he answered and Jin nodded. They reached the bus stop and saw that people who were waiting were standing in line already meaning that the bus was nearly approaching.

Taehyung and Jin stood at the end of the line and waited for the bus, then suddenly Taehyung looked at his hyung when he heard him exclaim like he forgot something, “Taehyung–ah, you head home first, I’ll just grab some groceries for our home, hmm? See you later,” he heard Jin said as the older male left quickly not minding to wait for his response.

Taehyung just nodded and waved at his walking figure, then not long after the bus arrived. The line of people started moving and went inside the bus. Taehyung put his passenger card on the bus’s censor then went further inside to find a seat but he found nothing and just decided to stand.

He looked out the window deep in thought. He was thinking of a reason why Min Jae was like that to him. Surely Min Jae smiles and jokes around him but at some point he felt that Min Jae disregards him as his hyung, although he calls him hyung, but the feel of love and care wasn’t there.

Taehyung sighed at the thought. He felt that for a long time now but he just usually shrugged it away until today, when he heard him say that he forgot about him. He didn’t directly said that he forgot him but by the way he constructed his statement, it’s saying that he forgot about his own brother.

Another thing that bothered him was of all people he could think of, he thought of Jennie. He won’t fool himself anymore and will just accept the fact that Min Jae was interested in Jennie, the girl that he also likes. By the way Min Jae looked and smiled at Jennie, he already know that something that happened in the past would probably happen again now.

Taehyung was so lost in his thoughts that he didn’t noticed that he was already in his stop, good thing that he heard the driver loudly said, “Last call for this stop!”

He immediately walked to the bus’s door and walked his way to their home. One more turn and he’ll reached his destination. When he turned, he saw someone leaning on a white car parked in front of their house. It’s the same white car they saw before they left Daegu, and he doesn’t need to tire his brains out to remember who it was for he already knew him.

He walked to the person and greeted him, “Min Jae–ah,” he called out that caused the said male to lift his head and look straightly at him, Taehyung looked confused for as far as he knew he was with Jennie, touring around their school.

“Nice house,” Min Jae said as he looked at their house before returning his gaze back at Taehyung.

“Let’s go inside,” Taehyung politely offered but Min Jae shook his head.

“No need hyung, I just want to tell you something,” Min Jae seriously said, Taehyung gave him a questioning look, somehow Min Jae’s serious face made him nervous, he had a hunch on what he was about to say.

“Go on,” he said with an assuring smile.

Min Jae shot him a cold gaze before speaking, “I like Jennie,” he straight forwardly said that didn’t faze Taehyung one bit, he already saw this coming.

“A–again?” the only thing Taehyung uttered, and he stuttered due to the rage building inside him.

“Yes hyung. Again. And I’m expecting you already knew what to do, right? We’ve been through this after all,” Min Jae casually said not throwing any slightest care on Taehyung’s darkening expression, and clenched knuckles.

“What if I don’t do it this time?” Taehyung asked through gritted teeth.

Min Jae smirked feeling a little satisfied that he provoked his older brother in a bad way, “Then I’ll tell father to stop giving support on Eon Jin and Jeong Gyu,” he threatened.

Upon hearing his little siblings’ names, Taehyung’s eyes softened and worry flooded his eyes, he knew with his father’s support, his younger siblings grew up properly and healthily. The earnings that his mother gets in her current work wasn’t enough for their education that he was thankful his father was still giving him support even though he already had a new family which where Min Jae belonged.

Taehyung felt so torn right now, he looked up at Min Jae, the care and love that he always gave him disappeared as he look at his younger brother this time, “Why are you doing this? I’ve been nothing but a good brother to you,” he asked him calmly but with too much intensity as he was starting to get on his nerves.

Min Jae smirked again much to Taehyung’s annoyance, “Yes, that’s right. You’re a good brother so I’m sure you’re going to do what I say,” he gave out a satisfied smile as he saw Taehyung frown in anger, “Or else, I’ll make sure that this will be the last time father will send you and your siblings support,” Min Jae warned again before unlocking his car then went inside, he started the engine and drove away.

Taehyung watched as his car drove away and unconsciously a tear escaped his eye. It was a mixture of anger, frustration, worry, and sadness. He didn’t know what he did for Min Jae to be this cruel towards him, and now he’s involving his two innocent younger siblings.

“Hey Taehyung, why are you still outside?” he heard someone said behind him, he recognized the voice, it was his Jin hyung. He quickly wiped the tears away and turned around to look at Jin who was carrying three plastic bags.

He walked closer to him to help him, “Min Jae came by,” he simply said as he took two of the plastic bags from Jin’s hand. Jin gladly gave it to him then went to their gate to open it and went inside their house. Taehyung quickly placed the bags on their kitchen counter and swiftly went to his and Jimin’s hyung.

He slammed the door close and hastily sat on the corner of his bed, he thought of the conversation he had with Min Jae, and it angered him. He sighed heavily and messed his hair up in frustration.

“Ah…” Taehyung winced in pain as he fell off his skateboard when taking a turn, while he remembered what happened that day again. He was so lost in his thoughts that he didn’t saw there was a rock in the way that caused his skateboard to turn abruptly and for him to fall scratching his knee in the process.

“Aarrrggggg!” he screamed in frustration, then he fell and landed himself on the ground filled with grass where families usually put on a cloth for a picnic near the Han River.

His breathing was heavy as just by thinking about the incident angered him again. He let out another scream of frustration as he looked up the sky.

He closed his eyes as he lied down on the grass calming himself. But he didn’t notice that sleep was slowly consuming him…