CHAPTER 30

FOUR

“Titanic again? Come on, we’ve watched that for countless times,” Jimin complained as him and Rosé were now arguing on to what movie they should watch first for their movie marathon slash chill date.

“Yes, I know, but can’t we watch it again?” Rosé asked in her cute voice that she uses whenever she wanted to have something, just like the time when she and Jennie acted in school for Jennie to get out and go to Taehyung.

And to her contentment, her aegyo voice didn’t let her down again when she heard Jimin sigh in defeat and got nothing else to do but to sit down on the couch in front of their television while Rosé play the movie.

After doing that she sat beside Jimin who had his arms crossed in front of him with a grumpy pout, “Don’t be like that, we’re going to watch what you like next, I promise,” Rosé told him sweetly that eventually made Jimin softened up and just enjoy the movie with her.

He didn’t say anything but he wrapped his arm around her shoulder pulling her closer to him, making Rosé lean her head on his shoulder while wrapping her arms around his waist. The movie goes on while they cuddle together on the couch.

No conversation was made as both of them were too focused on the movie even Jimin who was complaining earlier, but he found himself being engrossed on the movie too. He doesn’t know but whenever he and Rosé wanted to do different things and Rosé won over him, he eventually found himself showing interest on what she loves.

But he didn’t regret any single moment of it, he figured that it was one of the reasons why they have a strong relationship despite their recent break up that finally had been cleared, and now here she was, safely locked and back in his arms.

Rosé was seriously watching the movie, though she have watched probably for a hundredth time but still whenever she laid her eyes on the movie, she couldn’t take it off unless it ended. Her eyes were glued on the screen as one of her favored scenes was about to happen but suddenly she let a disappointed sigh when Jimin covered her eyes with his hand, “Really, Jimin?”

She asked in disbelief as she pulled his hand away from her then turned back to the scene and it was the scene where Jack was painting the Rose. She can’t believe that even though they have watched this for a lot of times Jimin still covers her eyes whenever that scene came on.

“Yah, you’re too innocent for that,” Jimin scolded while Rosé just rolled her eyes from him. She knew he just wanted some attention and he’s getting bored from the movie. But when the part where the Titanic sank then Jack helped Rose get on a floating piece of wood. She can’t help but to laugh at Jimin as he was continuously ranting.

“Aish, this scene is really stupid.”

“Whut? That piece of wood was obviously good for two people!”

“Oh come on, Jack should’ve just climbed on it as well.”

“What? She said she wouldn’t let go but she did the complete opposite. Shame on her!”

“I thought she loved Jack then why did she let him drown?!”

“Oh my god, Jack, manliness isn’t always shown when you’re doing sacrifices, you should care for yourself sometimes too! I can’t believe she let him die! Oh my god, is that what you call love? She should’ve died wi–”

His ranting was stopped when Rosé grabbed his face, squishing it lightly, and turned it to her so he’ll met her eyes, “Yah Park Jimin, the movie ended already!” she told him with a playful tone that made Jimin widened his small eyes in realization then glanced at the television that was already showing the credits.

“Oh, geure? Mian, I’ve been carried away by my emotions, you know that scene was too emotional for me to handle,” he admitted nonchalantly, acting like that the movie didn’t really affect him but deep inside, it did. Park Jimin might be tough on the outside but a total softy in the inside.

Knowing this, Rosé let out a chuckle at her boyfriend’s silliness, “And here I thought that movie bored you to death,” she said with an eyebrow raised.

Jimin shrugged acting cool, “Well, yeah, whatever you say hun,” he said with a bored tone that made Rosé laugh at him and hit him with the small pillow that she was embracing a while ago, while he kept on playing it cool.

Rosé just grabbed the remote then pressed a button that led her to the movie selections again, scrolling through the choices as she turned to Jimin, “Your turn to choose, what do you want to watch?” she asked but Jimin was busy looking around their living room.

Then he suddenly stood up and kneeled before the center table in front of them and got something beneath it, “Forget about the movie, let’s play this instead!” he said in excitement as he hand out a box of jenga blocks.

Rosé’s eyes lit up in excitement too as she also liked to play that game, the girls always rejected her offer in playing the game for she always wins, the girls got used to it that it bored them. Sometimes Lisa will accept her offer but it wouldn’t last for at least five minutes because Lisa always picked the wrong block to pull out much to Rosé’s happiness.

She quickly turned off the television then joined Jimin on sitting on their carpeted floor, while he was building the tower of jenga blocks already. She waited patiently as he finished in building the tower. Once done, he carefully sat properly in front of the tower he built, while Rosé was on the other side of the tower just across him waiting for their game to start.

“Okay, loser gets to be flicked on the forehead,” Jimin said with a smirk.

Hearing this, Rosé crossed her arms in protest, “What? No! That’s unfair, you’re a guy, you’ll surely hit harder,” she whined.

Jimin smirked evilly for she has a point, “Aniya, that’s just fair, nothing’s wrong with that,” he casually said making Rosé pout grumpily.

“Still, andwae!” she protested.

“Yah, my fingers are shorter than yours,” Jimin pointed out hoping that she’ll take that as his disadvantage just for her to agree on the punishment.

“Yes, but they are chubby,” she argued.

“But you have long finger nails!” Jimin argued back that made her sigh in exasperation and just agreed with him, “Aish whatever! I’ll win anyway,” she confidently said that made him smirk again, “Oh, we’ll see about that,” he remarked then they started the game by playing rock, paper, and scissors to decide on who will pull out a block first.

“Kai, bai, bo!” they chanted in unison then a squeal of celebration was heard from Rosé as she gestured her hand in paper sign while Jimin’s was a rock. Jimin just shrugged his lost away as he was confident that he’ll win this game.

She started pulling out her first block and went for the easy ones first. Jimin followed suit and their game continued like that, but their game got to the point where Rosé ran out of easy blocks to pull off that she was having a hard time to decide where to get a block.

Jimin was watching her carefully waiting for her to fail and to his enjoyment the tower of jenga crushed down as Rosé pulled a crucial one, “YESSSSSSSSSSS!” he shouted in victory while Rosé stared at the scattered blocks in despair.

“Alright, give me that smooth forehead honey,” he said excitedly while practicing his flicks on his wrist.

“Please one more chance,” Rosé begged with her best aegyo but was disappointed when Jimin shook his head.

“Aniya, I won’t fall for that cuteness,” he sternly said that she doesn’t have any choice but to held her hair up clearing her forehead then moved her head forward towards him.

She closed her eyes waiting for her forehead to be flicked, then emphatically closed her eyes when she heard him count to three, “Hana, deul, set!”

*FLICK!*

“APAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!”

“HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!”  

 “Yah that hurts!!!!” she complained while still holding her forehead that was now burning red due to his hard flick.

“Hahahahaha! Just think of this, that hard flick, that’s how hard my love is for you,” he winked at her.

“Yah what’s the connection?!”

“I don’t know but just think about my love for you,” he then blew her a kiss that she just ignored while he continued to laugh at her.

She huffed then build the tower of jenga in place for their second round, “You’ll pay for that,” she said with determination.

Their game went on and on. Flicks of foreheads were given side by side, shouts of protests, loud expressions of pains, and yells of victory filled the entire house. And now they were in their seventh or eighth round and Rosé can’t believe that she was put in the same situation again.

Jimin waiting for her to fail again, and as he expected, he won again that he stood up with his arms stretched out side wards like he won in some championship.

Rosé did what the loser has to do, but instead of a flick on the forehead, she felt a tap on her cheek that made her open her eyes and saw that Jimin had his lips pouted cutely with eyes closed. She giggled as she perfectly knew what he wanted. She was about to give it to him but they got interrupted with her ringing phone.

She quickly stood up to answer it, while Jimin opened his eyes slightly to see what’s going on for he had his lips pouted in a longer time as he expected already, then he completely opened his eyes when he saw her happily talking on the phone with someone.

“Jaebum–ah!” he heard her exclaimed happily on the phone, he frowned slightly hearing that it was a guy’s name, “How’s my best friend doing?” he somehow felt relieved hearing that he’s only a friend.

Then he saw Rosé signaling him to wait for her as she’ll just talk with Jaebum on the phone, he got nothing else to do but to nod and give her some time to talk with her friend. Rosé went to the door leading to their small garden but just leaned on the doorframe.   

Jimin slumped on the sofa and just decided to play games on his phone while he waited for Rosé’s phone call to last. While he’s at it, he can’t refrain himself from glancing at her direction whenever he heard her laugh happily while talking on the phone.

He also caught her twirling her hair between her fingers as she spoke to the guy, then he heard her saying something about this Jaebum guy being sweet. He knew it was normal to have a guy as a friend, but he thinks that this guy was treating her more than just a friend.

He knew he was starting to get jealous but as much as he could stop himself from feeling it, he was doing the best he can. He knew better that he should trust Rosé, or else their relationship would be on the rocks again.

He waited for her patiently – thirty minutes, one hour, an hour and a half, two hours – he waited for her to end her call. And slowly, he started to feel irritated, and can’t avoid the small jealousy that was building inside him as the negative thoughts can’t stop creeping inside his head.

He sighed when he finally heard Rosé ending the call, “Omo, me too! I didn’t notice the time, it’s probably midnight there already… Neh… Neh… Sleep well alright? I’ll see you soon! Bye Jaebumie!” Rosé pressed the end call with a happy smile. She put her phone in her pocket then started to approach Jimin.

She skipped her way back to the couch happily but her smile swiftly dropped upon seeing an annoyed Jimin, “Something wrong?” she asked confusedly, he was perfectly fine when she left him there.

Jimin sighed, “So, you invited me here just to watch you converse with your so called best friend?” he asked in his cold voice that sent shivers down her spine.

“What? He’s just a friend,” she answered calmly in defense.

Jimin scoffed, “A friend? Just a while ago, I’ve been thinking that it’s just normal to have a guy as a friend, but then I realized, friendship doesn’t exist between a girl and a guy.”

Rosé wrinkled her face in annoyance as she knew he was starting to suspect her, “Well it does exist between me and Jaebum. Come on Jimin, we’re just best friends.”

Jimin stood up in irritation, “Best friends my face Chaeyoung, you were conversing with him very sweetly, and that’s not normal. You didn’t even introduce him to me before,” he complained.

“Look, I’m sorry for that but he was in Australia so how the hell will I introduce him to you?” she asked in annoyance, she knew he was irritated already for he called her by her Korean name, “Come on Jiminie, stop being childish and stop the jealousy!”

“Childish?” he threw her a look of disbelief, “So you, acting all stubborn, and not listening to any of my explanations when we broke up wasn’t childish?”

“That was different–”

“And this is too. You know, if I didn’t trust you enough I would’ve thought that he was your ex or something,” Jimin spat out making Rosé bow her head as she didn’t get to talk back quickly for guilt was starting to fill her insides.

She fiddled with her fingers as she contemplated on whether she should say the truth to him or not, because saying the truth right now would be like adding fuel to a burning fire, “Actually…”

Jimin looked at her in anticipation hearing her struggle in constructing the words but once he heard the next thing Rosé said, he quickly headed for the door in pure anger.

“He was…”

“I’m going,” he simply said.

“Jimin wait–” Rosé tried to explain more but she was too late and a loud slam of the door was heard.

Rosé slumped herself on the sofa as she sighed in frustration while knocking her own head, “Aish, pabo Chaeyoung…”