CHAPTET 47

FOUR

"Can we talk?"

Jennie stood frozen on her spot. She didn't expect to see him right here, right now, in front of their house. How did he even know their address? She just stood there and stared at Min Jae with eyes that had a mixture of confusion, shock, and full of questions. They clearly haven't talked nor interacted after what happened that night. In school, Min jae didn't even went near to her unlike his first stays in their school, he wasn't his normal, friendly self. That she thought things between them were already over, I mean they don't have any reason to be talking or interacting again. 

Min Jae started to get nervous as Jennie was taking long to answer his simple question, just a yes or no will do, or even a nod or shake of her head. But Jennie just stood there and stared at him that he was getting scared that she might just push him away. Seeing her reaction, Min Jae lost hope immediately that he just bowed lightly towards Jennie and turned his back from her, ready to leave.

Jennie snapped out of her trance when she saw Min Jae was starting to walk away from her, she quickly blinked her eyes and shook her head away from her daze, waking herself up. She ran after Min Jae to stop him, "Wait, Min Jae," she called while catching up with him.

Hearing her voice called out to him, Min Jae instantly stopped from walking and sighed out of relief, he thought he wouldn't be able to do this anymore. He turned around to face Jennie making her stop on her tracks just two to three steps away from him, "Jennie-ssi," he greeted properly with a smile.

Jennie felt her ears perked up hearing him used formality towards her, it again stunned her as she knew Min Jae doesn't really call her that way because he was too friendly with her already even when the time they first met each other which kind of annoyed her, but right now it felt different, but a good different.

"M-min Jae-ssi," she started then blinked her eyes again and composed herself properly, "Uhm, what are you doing here?" She asked nicely not wanting to sound rude.

Min Jae let out a small smile and asked her again, "Can I talk to you now? I mean, if you aren't busy or not doing anything," he clarified.

"Ah... Well, I was doing something actually," Jennie answered honestly remembering that she left the girls in their dining room, having breakfast. 

"Oh, is that so? I'll just come back later or on another day then," he said feeling a little sad but kept on his smiling face as he bowed to Jennie again and was ready to leave for the second time but Jennie stopped him again.

"No, wait, I mean it was just that I am in the middle of eating my breakfast, but I can totally allot time for talking," she said, hearing what he was about to say won't hurt, Jennie thought.

Min Jae smiled and thanked her, Jennie then led him to their mini garden where they could talk properly and privately. When they arrived, Jennie stopped from walking, and so does Min Jae. Jennie turned around to face him, "So, what do you want to talk about?" She asked, her tone wasn't cold nor angry, it was just simple and normal, she honestly didn't know what to feel right now. 

Min Jae took a deep breath, "I just came here to tell you, to please don't be mad at Taehyung hyung," he started off, he looked at Jennie who seemed to froze by the mention of his brother's name, he glanced at her eyes and he was sure he caught sight of hurt filling it up.

Jennie cleared and looked away from him, "What about him?" She said with arms crossed in front of her, her voice turned cold unlike earlier, the simplicity and neutrality gone. 

Min Jae sighed sadly, "Look Jennie, hyung didn't do anything wrong here, so please don't stay mad at him-"

"Look Min Jae, if you're just here to talk about him, then you may leave now, you know the way out," Jennie spat out, cutting him off and walked pass by him, but even before she could go further, Min Jae caught her wrist, making her stop from walking out.

"Jennie please hear me out," Min Jae pleaded, then slowly turned around to face her again, "Hyung, didn't want to let you go, I just forced him to do so," he started to explain making Jennie furrow her eyebrows in confusion hearing his words. Then she remembered his hold on her, she glanced at it making Min Jae look at it too, realizing that she felt uncomfortable, Min Jae quickly let go of it and placed his hands on his sides again.

Jennie stood properly, "You forced him?" She asked again making Min Jae nod his head as an answer. Jennie sighed at the thought, she felt bad for Taehyung, but the pain in her knowing the fact that he still gave her up didn't lessen even just a little bit.

"Yes, this is all my fault, because of my greed everything between the two of you turned in a wrong way," Min Jae said in a sad tone, regret could also be felt in his tone, "And I'm sorry for that," he said sincerely making Jennie's face somehow softened up but it quickly faded as pain was still striking through her.

"But it doesn't change the fact that he let go of me that easily," she firmly said.

Min Jae sighed sadly again, "Jennie, I'm sorry if you hyung had done that but please believe me when I say that he didn't mean it, I threatened him that I'll tell our father to stop supporting his little siblings if he didn't do as I say and that was to leave you, but believe me, hyung didn't want any of this," Min Jae continued explaining, begging could be heard from his voice.

"How could you..." the only words Jennie could utter after hearing what he had said. She couldn't believe he would go to that extent just to have anything he wanted. She thought only in movies and drama programs she would encounter this kind of person that it left her speechless for she just encountered one in her life today. 

Min Jae felt a pang of pain hit him when he saw how Jennie reacted when she just knew what he could do just to have her, just to have everything, or anything that would favor him. It made him more realize that he had been living his life the wrong way all this time, that he lacked to be kind and thoughtful of others, like his hyung that he just treated like another person, not as a family. He felt guilt and regret. He had been surrounded by caring and kind people but he just wasted it all. 

He bowed his head, avoiding Jennie's gaze, "Yes, I know, I'm an awful person, that is why I'm here explaining everything to you, and apologizing, because I want to start my life again, and I began here, trying to fix the problem I had caused you and hyung," he sighed sadly and lifted his head up to meet her eyes, "Jennie please, don't be mad at my brother anymore," he asked, with eyes full of hope that she would agree.

Jennie looked at Min Jae's hopeful eyes, those eyes begging her to just forgive and forget all of the things that Taehyung had done to her. But she can't, she couldn't, she just can't. The pain Taehyung brought her left a deep scar inside her, it's just that it was hard for her to trust again after that. She put a lot of trust in Taehyung that he woudn't break her but it unfortunately turned out the other way. She had her expectations too high that the level of disappointment and pain she felt were just as high. That she just couldn't see herself being okay again. 

Jennie looked away from Min Jae making him frown, "If you're here to apologize to me then i forgive you, but as for your hyung, I don't know anymore," she said and turned around, about to leave again but Min Jae stopped her again.

"Jennie, please, I told you everything that could make everything okay-"

"If you think it's just that simple, then you're wrong," he got cut off by Jennie's pained voice. She turned to face him again with her watery eyes and he was sure she would cry any moment.

"You aren't in my shoes, you wouldn't know how it feels. I believed him, I trusted him... But what did he do? He broke it, he broke... He let go of me... He gave up on me... He left me hanging..."  she smiled bitterly as she wiped her tears away.

"You know, I would easily grant what you have been asking now, if only he at least put up a good fight for me... If only he had fought for me then everything will be okay again... Geunde... Min Jae... None of that happened... He just dumped me just like that..." Jennie said in a broken voice, her tears falling nonstop again, she wiped her face rapidly but it was easily stained again with fresh tears coming from her eyes full of hurt and sadness. 

This is why she dreaded to talk about the incident again, she hated how herself doesn't get tired of crying heavily because of it. She just wished the pain would stop but it seemed like the world was against her, making her suffer more.

Min Jae felt his heart broke seeing how the girl who always looked tough and strong broke down in front of him it made him feel more upset because of all his doings, but despite all that he didn't give up on convincing her, "But don't you think if you forgive hyung, you won't be hurting anymore?"

"That doesn't matter anymore Min Jae," she responded intensely. Her mind was closed because of the pain getting the best of her. 

"Think about it-"

"Please, just stop," she cut him off, she didn't want to hear more anymore, her mind was all set she didn't want it to be in a chaos again, "If you're done, you know the way out already, I have a flight to catch, so," she bowed lightly and turned around then started walking away.

"Wait, you're leaving?" She heard him asked, that she just replied with a nod before heading inside their house again, leaving Min Jae in panic and worry in their garden. 

Min Jae walked back and forth in the garden, thinking, "Oh no, she's leaving? And a flight? Does that mean she'll leave the country? Is it for good? Or not? Oh no, I should've asked her! Aish, pabo Min Jae pabo!" He talked to himself as he walked his way back to his car, still thinking about Jennie leaving and he didn't know why but it made him panic and worry.

"What country? Where is she going? What time is her flight? Aish, I should've asked!!!! She's just going to leave like that? But what about hyung-" his eyes widen as he thought about his hyung, Taehyung, realizing something, he suddenly unlocked his car in a hurry and went inside then drove off to the boys' house in full speed, "Hyung, what about hyung, I have to tell him..."

He focused himself on the road as he stepped on the gas everytime the stoplight in front of him turned green, he hissed angrily every time he would encounter a red light as he tapped her fingers impatiently on the steering wheel. He did everything to avoid all the traffic jams that he finally arrived at the boys' house. Parking his car carelessly in front, and slamming his car door shut before running his way to the doorbell which he pressed nonstop creating an alarming sound.

"Wait juseyo!" The person inside called but not long after he heard footsteps coming its way and the gate being opened, he recognized him, it was Jungkook who weirdly posed himself in a defensive position upon seeing him in front of their gate.

"Why are you here again?" Jungkook asked still in a fighting position.

"Look, I need to see hyung, right now," he impatiently answered.

"Andwae, leave now," Jungkook asked stretching his arms sidewards blocking all the way, but this isn't the time for him to leave. It left him no choice but to push himself in despite Jungkook's blockings. He successfully got himself passed through their gates, "Yah!"

He heard Jungkook yell but he ignored it and quickly went for their door, good thing it was left open making him enter inside easily but he was blocked by Jin and Jimin again with angry stares, and just like Jungkook they were in fighting positions making him stare at them weirdly.

"What are you doing here now?!"

"How did you get in?!"

They asked but he just ignored it and tried to pass through them again but the two pushed him away, "Look, I need to get hyung now!" He said with so much urgency but it seemed like the two didn't get it. 

"Yah! How dare you pass through!" Jungkook yelled that was now behind him.

"Jimin, Kookie, hold him!" Jin ordered that the next thing Min Jae knew Jimin and Jungkook was holding both of his arms as if caging him. 

"Yah what are you-"

"Why did you come back here? And get Taehyung?! Are you going to attack him again?!" Jin asked in a not so calm way.

Min Jae sighed, "Look, I know we had a bad start but I promise to come back later to greet you more properly but right now, I really. Really. Really need to see hyung!"

"Andwae-"

"Aish! Jennie's leaving and I need to take him to her!" Min Jae blurted out making the three startled not because of his shouting but because of what he said, Jennie's leaving? Was all the questions in their mind.

"Aish, you should've told us sooner! Aish!" Jimin whined then him and Jungkook dragged him to the stairs urging him to go up and go to Taehyung, "The second door to the left!" 

"Thanks hyung!"

"Aish, this kid! Hurry up!"

Min Jae ran as fast as he could and not bothering to knock on the door anymore, he barged in to their room just in time Taehyung walked out of the closet, dressed in his casual clothes, "Hyung!!!!!"

"Min Jae?" Taehyung asked, his eyes wide in shock, "What are you doing here?"

"You need to come with me!!"

Taehyung gave him a confused look, "What? Where? No thanks, I planned to stay in bed all day, thank you," he casually replied as he plopped himself comfortably on his bed.

Min Jae walked to his bed and pulled his arms urging him to get up, "Aish hyung get up! You have to come with me!"

"Aish, andwaeeee! Shirooo!" Taehyung stubbornly protested as he held on to his bed tightly.

Min Jae gave out a tired sigh, " JENNIE IS LEAVING THE COUNTRY AND YOU'RE JUST GOING TO LIE THERE?!" He shouted at Taehyung to knock some sense in his head.

Taehyung felt the time stopped, his surrounding fell silent only the voice of Min Jae saying Jennie was leaving that kept on repeating in his head was heard. He slowly sat up on his bed and looked at his brother, "W-what?" 

"Aish," Min Jae pulled him up again that gladly this time he stood up, "Jennie's leaving and I don't know where and exactly what time, she just told me she have a flight to catch," he explained while he walked around the room and picked a pair of shoes for his hyung who had his mind floating somewhere, he then went to Taehyung's closet and picked a random jacket then threw it to him that Taehyung unconciously caught.

"She's leaving..." he heard  Taehyung whisper as if absorbing the words he said just now.

"Yes! She is! That's why you have to come with me now," he strictly said as he put Taehyung's feet in his shoes.

When everything sank in his mind, Taehyung started to panic and bite his nails in anxiety, "She's leaving?? Oh my god, she's leaving!!! Yah Min Jae!!!" He exclaimed as he pulled Min Jae up to his feet.

Min Jae smiled at him, "Glad you finally woke up hyung, let's go!!!" He happily said then him and Taehyung ran down the house and off they go to Min Jae's car. 

They quickly went inside and buckled their seatbelts on. Min Jae started his car engine then stepped on the gas in no time. He drove swiftly again that he focused his full attention on the road again as he didn't want to get themselves in an accident. He was glancing at Taehyung from time to time and saw him biting his fingernails, a habit of his when he's worrying and being nervous on the highest level.

He heard him hissed angrily too when they encountered a red light, "Yah, honk at them, they're being slow!" Taehyung ordered him.

"Hyung, it's a red light," he reasoned making his hyung plop himself on the seat again in defeat making him chuckle. And when the light turned green, he drove in full speed again much to Taehyung's relief. 

Taehyung looked out of the window but his focus wasn't really on the view and scenery outside that he would usually admire. His mind was full of questions right now. Will he get there before Jennie left? Will he be able to talk to her one last time? Will he be able hug her? Kiss her? Be with her again? Those were the thoughts running in his mind right now, but one question really stood out - Where could she be going? 

And as if his prayers were answered, his phone vibrated, unlocking it he saw a message that came from Jimin. 

'She's going back to New Zealand, Tae... And Rose told me she's in the airport already...'

Taehyung grew more nervous and afraid as he read Jimin's text that he turned to Min Jae and asked him to drive faster. And thank goodness traffic wasn't a trend today that they finally arrived in the airport in no time. Once Min Jae, parked the car, Taehyung quickly went out and ran inside, Min Jae following behind him.

Taehyung ran as fast as he could and entered the airport. He looked around and scanned the whole area, trying to see if he would see that familiar girl with dark brown hair, a height just below his ears, a face as beautiful as ever...

When he found none, he quickly ran around again, turning his head left and right just in case he would bumped into Jennie but to his dismay, no Jennie was spotted. He ran to his last hope which was the large board screen that showed the list of flights today. He stopped in front of it and looked at it carefully with heavy pants coming out of his mouth.

But he felt his breath hitched when he saw all the flights going to New Zealand were all already highlighted in yellow, meaning it all already left... Nothing... No more... He felt himself turned pale... Crouching down to the floor... Tears falling down on his face... 

"I'm too late... She left... I'm too late..."