CHAPTER 24

FOUR

Weeks had passed since their eventful trip to Daegu. Everything was going fine and it was a relief for everybody, especially for Jisoo. Since she received a text from her long time ex–lover, she became nervous, for she was worried about what he was capable of doing. And she’s very sure that it will cause a big problem between her and Jin.

It’s the least thing she wanted to happen, especially now that she’s very sure of what she feels towards Jin, and she’s planning to end his long wait.

“Hey, where’s the maknae?” Jennie asked as she saw Jisoo and Rose walking down the hallway together. She left them three as she told them that she’ll have to use the bathroom. Now she’s about to head back to where she left them but she bumped into her two friends instead.

“She left with Jungkook. AGAIN,” Jisoo answered, emphasizing the word again as they noticed that Lisa wanted to be with Jungkook at all times these past few weeks. Jennie rolled her eyes playfully hearing where their maknae was.

“The boys arrived, and where are the others?” Jennie asked.

“They’re eating, they said they haven’t eaten anything yet, so we just decided to fetch you,” Rose replied with a cheery smile.

“Oh, did I take long?” Jennie asked worriedly, as she felt a little bad making them wait and fetch her from the restroom.

“Aniya Jendeuk! Don’t worry,” Jisoo said with an assuring smile when she saw Jennie’s expression, while Rose just gave her a thumbs up and a wink. Jisoo put her arms on both of their shoulders as they walked down the hallways.

“Don’t you think Lisa’s being all too clingy towards Jungkook?” Jennie asked.

Rose nodded, “Deh unnie, I noticed it too, she wasn’t like that before.

“You know, it became like that after she came back from Thailand. Do you think something bad happened?” Jisoo asked worriedly. When they came home from Daegu, Lisa told them that she was going to Thailand on the weekend over their dinner. They asked her why all of a sudden but she just simply answered that it was her father’s request.

And just like Jungkook, they were worried for they know Lisa’s father wasn’t really that good to her. Then Lisa came back, they asked her what happened, she just smiled at them and said that her family just missed her then the next thing she told them was she’s going out with Jungkook. They just nodded but they knew her too well that they noticed she was lying, they knew there was something more.

They just let it slide for now, and wait for Lisa to open up to them when she felt like it. They didn’t want to force her and interfere with her problems, they respect each other’s privacy that much, and it may be the reason why they were all still friends until now.

“Aniya, let’s just let Lisa be right now, I know she’ll tell us in time,” Rose told her unnies with a positive tone that made the two smile back at her.

“Omo! Have you seen the transferees?!! They were good looking!” they heard one of their schoolmates exclaimed that got their attention.

“Transferees? On the third quarter of the school year?” Jennie asked in confusion upon hearing their schoolmates gossiping about the transferees and how good looking they were.

Jisoo just shrugged, “I think it’s allowed since we’re just high school students,” Jisoo answered casually as they continued on walking. Jennie and Rose also just shrugged. But as they walked, all they saw and heard students talking about the transferees, mostly girls.

“Now I’m getting curious of how they look,” Rose mumbled but loud enough for the two to hear.

“Don’t be like that, Mochi will get jealous,” Jisoo nudged, while Jennie snickered teasing her. Rose just rolled her eyes from her unnies who were smiling smugly at her.

They continued on teasing Rose but stopped abruptly when they heard someone greeted them, “Annyeong girls!” a voice said, they looked in front of them and surprised expressions were written on their faces.

“Oh, Min Jae–ssi, what are you doing here?” Jisoo asked, as she decided to be the one to speak when she noticed that Rose doesn’t have any plan on talking or greeting while Jennie bowed her head avoiding any eye contact with the person in front of them who was staring at her.

Min Jae looked at Jisoo when he heard her speak, “Ah, I study here now, me and my friend transferred here, and today’s our first day,” he explained.

“Ah, you and your friend?” Jisoo asked.

“Yes, my friend, Jinyoung,” he said with a smile that got Jennie and Rose’s attentions, and Jisoo’s eyes widen.

“J-jinyoung?”

Min Jae’s eyebrows furrowed hearing Jisoo stutter at the mention of his friend’s name, “Neh, Park Jinyoung. Oh there he is!” he waved his hand to his friend behind the girls who was fast approaching them. The girls became nervous as they felt fast footsteps were coming their way.

“Jinyoung–ah, these are Taehyung’s friends,” Min Jae pointed as Jinyoung reached his side. He looked at the three persons in front of them. And when he saw who they were, his lips showed a wide smile.

“Long time no see, Jisoo,” Jinyoung greeted Jisoo who was looking at him with wide eyes, while Jennie and Rose were glaring at him.

“Oh, you two know each other?” Min Jaeasked, amused.

“Oh, I know her very well,” Jinyoung answered confidently.


 “Yah Kookie! Higher!” Lisa exclaimed as she sat on the swing while Jungkook pushed her. She giggled as the swing moved her upwards, enjoying the fresh cold air that hits her face whenever it happened.

“That’s the… Highest… Yah…” Jungkook answered in between his breaths and push, obviously tired from all the pushing plus he’s also carrying Lisa’s backpack that were full of notebooks and books for their classes.

Lisa laughed hearing his tired voice. When her swing was moving downwards she quickly lowered her legs so that her feet will reach the ground and it will serve as a break so that the swinging will stop. She hurriedly hopped off the swing and went to Jungkook. She giggled when she saw that his body was bent down, his hands on his knees. Panting hard.

“Yah, did you run?” Lisa asked jokingly.

“Aniya… But it felt… Like I ran… You’re heavy!” he exclaimed.

“What? I’m heavy?!” She whined but Jungkook just ignored her. She walked towards him and got her bag. Jungkook stood straight as he gave her the bag. He exhaled one last deep breath as he felt relieved her heavy bag was taken away from him.

“Yah my bag was heavy. Not me,” Lisa whined and pouted her lips.

Jungkook chuckled and pinched her cheeks, “Yeah, yeah, it was your bag not you,” he said smiling sweetly at her, then later on pouted cutely, “But my arms hurt,” he complained with a baby voice and puppy eyes.

“My poor Kookie, okay come here,” she said then pulled him to sit on a nearby bench, once seated, she started massaging his arm, “Better?” she asked with a smile as she saw satisfaction washed over his face.

Jungkook answered with a thumbs up that made Lisa giggle, “Mr. Jeon, you’re now experiencing authentic Thai massage,” she said playfully.

“Ah, what a time to be alive,” he replied with a relaxed tone with his eyes closed, feeling Lisa’s massage. Lisa thought Jungkook was sleeping as he stayed quiet with his eyes closed that she just continued on massaging his arms without speaking any word.

“My Lalice,” Jungkook called out that she turned her head to look at his face and saw that his eyes were still close.

“Hmm?”

“The hyungs were asking me, why are we always together,” he continued.

“Why? Aren’t couples supposed to be that way?” Lisa asked casually.

“Well, that’s why I told them. But, they told me why is Jimin hyung and Rose not like that. I mean, they weren’t always spending their together as often as we do,” Jungkook explained further.

Lisa stopped her massaging for that made a point and it slowly made her nervous, she let out a nervous smile, “I know… But can’t we spend our time together more often?” Jungkook opened his eyes when he felt nervousness creeped in Lisa’s tone.

He looked at her face and saw that the familiar cheery feeling left her eyes.

“Of course we can! Maybe they’re not just used to it, us being together always since we started dating,” Jungkook reasoned then let out a soft chuckle as he remembered what his hyungs said that he found funny, “They even compared us into a drama, like the scenarios whereas the couple was making the most out of their time together because one of them is leaving,” then laughed lightly as he imagined his Jin hyung being overly dramatic.

Jungkook stopped laughing when he saw that Lisa wasn’t laughing with him, for usually she’ll laugh with him no matter how funny or lame his jokes were. He looked at her and saw that she’s staring into space, deep in thought, with a gloomy expression. He held his hand that was resting on his lap and squeezed it tightly that caught her attention, “Are you alright?” he asked worriedly.

Lisa looked at him and forced a smile, “Yes, why? I mean, that’s insane, why would I leave you? Right?”

He knew that her smile was not sincere, and something was bothering her, “Right,” but he just nodded in understanding as Lisa smiled one last time at him before looking away, and just sat comfortably beside him. He just held her hand tightly and let her be.

Lisa arrived at Thailand’s airport and was welcomed by her mother. She went out of the arrival area and saw her mom in the waiting area waving at her, her butler slash driver behind her.

Lisa walked to her mother excitedly and she was greeted by the warmest hug she could ever feel, “I missed you dear,” her mother mumbled while hugging her tightly.

She hugged back, “Missed you too, Mom.”

Her mom pulled away and smiled at her, “Let’s go?” she asked and Lisa nodded. Her mom’s butler offered help on carrying her bag that Lisa gladly accepted. They walked to where the car was parked and went inside.

“So Mom, will you tell me the reason now?” she asked her mother as the butler started driving their way to their house.

Her mother gave her an apologetic look, “Sorry honey, I think it’s best if you’ll hear it from your father,” then gave her a weak smile.

Lisa just nodded and looked outside the window. But deep inside, she was disappointed that her mother can’t even answer her simple question. She was asking her for one whole week and it’s always the same answer that she got.

Lisa just patiently waited for them to arrive at their house and hear the news that she was thinking a lot about lately. No words were spoken inside the car after that, just elder’s worried glances towards her daughter occasionally.

After about an hour, their car drove to their house’s driveway. The butler quickly went out of the driver’s seat and hurriedly opened the door for them. They hopped off the car and went inside the house. Lisa took a deep breath before entering the house where she spent her childhood and half of her teenage years.

One of their maids greeted them by the door, “Welcome home Madam and Miss Lisa, Sir’s already waiting for you in the dining room,” the maid said, her mother nodded and thanked her.

While Lisa greeted her first, “How have you been, Lily?” she asked the maid sweetly.

“I’ve been fine Miss Lisa,” the maid politely answered.

“Aish, I told you it’s just Lisa,” Lisa said as she hate the feeling of being treated like royalty.

The maid let out a soft chuckle hearing the familiar irritation in her tone, “I’m sorry, Lisa,” she answered emphasizing Lisa’s name.

“Ah, that’s more like it,” Lisa said cheerfully then they hugged shortly as they heard Lisa’s mother calling for her. Lisa nicely told her that she’ll just go and Lily just nodded in understanding.

Lisa walked her way to their dining room, nervous. This is it, she’s going to find out why she’s suddenly called home. When she arrived at the dining room, she saw her father seating on the master’s seat while her mom was seating on his left side. She cleared to get their attention.

“Come dear, seat in front of me,” and as usual, only her mother will give her attention.

She took the seat her mother pointed, then greeted her father politely, “Good evening father.”

“Let’s eat,” her father simply said not even giving her the slightest amount of attention.

She just shrugged it off and started reaching for foods, and she saw that the courses were her favorite, “I told them cook your favorite dishes,” she heard her mother said, that she smiled happily and filled her plate with the foods.

They just ate in silence but in Lisa’s mind, she just wanted this evening to pass and hear the news they’ve been hiding from her. And as if on cue, her father cleared his throat and started speaking, “I think you’re aware that I’m the one who called you here,” her father said.

“Yes dad, I was asking mom why but she told me that it would be best to hear it from you,” she answered not looking at him for she felt intimidated just by hearing his voice.

“Yes, okay, I’ll you now. You’re engaged,” her father said casually like it was the most normal thing to say to your daughter who got engaged without her knowing it. The news took Lisa like a storm, her head turned to his father, shock and confusion plastered on her face.

“W–what?” she stuttered.

“You’re engaged,” this time her father looked at her and repeated what he said still in a nonchalant tone.

Lisa’s eyes turned from a surprised to a glare, “Why?” she asked setting aside her polite tone.

“Why? You’re asking why,” He let out a sarcastic laugh, “Well, it’ll help in expanding our business so why not?”

“Business? Your business matters to you and I’m not? You didn’t even consider my say to this!” Lisa asked furiously but despite her angry tone, it didn’t move her father one bit.

“You can’t do anything about it, everything’s settled. There’s nothing to consider anyway,” her father bluntly remarked that went ajar, knowing that he doesn’t really care for her.

She looked at her mother in hopes for help but she felt hopeless when she saw her mother was just there seating, her head bowed, and just listening, “Mom?” she called out.

Her mother looked at her and again gave her the same apologetic look that she really hated seeing especially now she knew everything, “I’m sorry, dear,” she heard her mother said that made her feel more disappointed and angrier.

She abruptly stood up that caught her father’s attention, “I’m going.”

“You’re not going anywhere unless you agree to this!” she heard her father exclaimed.

“What?! Will it matter if I agreed or not?! You’re controlling my life already!”

“If you didn’t rebel and leave the country, this wouldn’t happen. This is your punishment!”

“Punishment??” she was completely taken aback, “So grabbing a better opportunity for my future deserved some punishment?!?”

“What better opportunity? This marriage is the BETTER OPPORTUNITY for your FUTURE not in that country you loved so much.”

“This is nonsense! I’m going!” she was about to leave then she saw his father snapped his fingers that made her confused then suddenly the butler grabbed her hand bag.

“Hey!” she exclaimed and tried to snatch her bag back but it was too late the butler had it then took her passport and gave it to her father.

She can’t believe what’s happening before her, this is the worst nightmare. She saw her father smirked once he got ahold of her key in leaving the country.

“I won’t give this back to you unless we have a deal,” he said while showing her passport.

Lisa was about to break into tears of anger but she was doing her best to held it in. She won’t appear weal in front of her selfish father, “Fine,” she muttered through gritted teeth.

Her father forced a smile hearing it, “But let me graduate there and I’ll come back here and do what you want,” she asked one last time.

“That won’t be a problem,” her father replied then handed her passport back that she hastily grabbed and held it tight, “But, if you break this deal, I’ll be one to call the Thai embassy here and ask for your deportation, got that?” he threatened.

“No problem,” she bravely answered.

“Good daughter,” it was the first time she heard it again since the she despise her. But it doesn’t matter to her now. For he became cruel, selfish, and unfair.

She hurriedly grabbed her bag from the butler, and exited the dining area, she ran to her room, and locked the door. She then let her tears pour out of her eyes like rain. She sat down on her bed as uncontrollable, audible sobs escaped her lips.

“Why does this have to happen…”

I’m sorry Kookie…