CHAPTER 31

FOUR

“Naneun jib-eissda,” I’m home. Jisoo and Lisa both announced once they stepped inside their house. Rose snapped her head to the door’s direction when she heard that two of her friends entered. She stood up as she saw the two were holding plastic bags and headed straight to the kitchen.

She walked her way to the kitchen too and saw Jisoo and Lisa, unpacking the foods that they bought on their way home, they coincidentally saw each other on the restaurant just across the street that they decided to walk home together, “You guys seemed home early,” they heard Rose said that they looked at her direction with a smile.

“Hey Rosie,” Lisa simply greeted with a smile as she continued on unpacking and preparing the foods so they’ll have their dinner soon.

“What early? It’s already past 8pm, and I decided to have dinner with you girls, and unexpectedly I saw Lisa in the restaurant and figured that she also had the same idea,” Jisoo explained then went back on helping Lisa but looked at Rose again with a questioning look, “Don’t tell me you and Jimin already had dinner?” she said pouting.

Rose shook her head with a gloomy expression, “Ani, he left earlier than expected, and yeah we fought,” she told them with a sad sigh and just decided to help them in preparing the food to distract herself.

Jisoo and Lisa looked at their friend with sympathy, whenever one of them was feeling blue, surely they will also feel that way.  Their long term friendship had their emotions in a domino effect.

“Don’t worry Rosie. I’m sure Jimin oppa can’t resist you,” Lisa said with a hopeful tone trying to cheer her friend up, while Jisoo nodded in agreement while smiling at her but to their disappointment, it didn’t made Rose smile even just the tiny bit.

They heard her give out a sigh of exasperation, “Not today, I think, he called me with my full name when we were arguing, we both know that Jimin had the habit of calling one’s full name when he’s really in a bad mood,” she told them still in that sad tone.

This made Lisa and Jisoo frown. They also knew that habit of Jimin’s, they didn’t say another word after hearing that, and they just stayed quiet until they were finished in preparing the foods and ready to eat.

Once finished, Jisoo and Lisa clapped their hands in excitement to eat, enlightening the atmosphere around them, “Let’s eat yeorobun!” Jisoo announced excitedly as all three of them took a seat and started to grab their chopsticks and spoons.

They were about to eat their first bites when Lisa suddenly made a sound like she realized something, “Wait, aren’t we going to wait for Jennie unnie?” she asked, “Where was she anyway?”

“Right, but we don’t know if she’ll arrive here soon or if she have already eaten dinner,” Jisoo seconded then turned to Rose to repeat Lisa’s question, “Where is she?”

“Oh, she went to–” Rose was about to answer but got interrupted by the sound of their front door opening then a loud announcement was heard.

“I’m home!” they heard and recognized the voice almost immediately. They didn’t have to think hard to remember who it was for they were hearing that voice for years now, and it was none other than Jennie’s, the one they’ve been talking about just now.

“Oh, speaking of,” Lisa said with a wide smile then they waited for Jennie to appear in their dining area. Moments later, they heard footsteps coming closer to them, then there appeared a troubled Jennie but her expressions were replaced with a pout instantly when she saw her friends.

“Oh there you are, and eating without me?” she asked with a sad pout but instead of hearing a savage respond from her friends, she saw them staring at her curiously, but they weren’t looking at her face that made her more confused.

She followed the direction of their gazes and found out that they were staring on the red oversized sweater that she was wearing, in fact it was too oversized that it looked like a dress on her. They probably noticed that it was not hers or it’s something new.

Living in one roof, they knew the things about each other very well that includes their clothes and stuff. They knew each other’s clothes for sometimes they do each other’s laundry and they just buy new clothes whenever they were shopping together.

“It’s Taehyung’s,” Jennie simply answered as she decided to put their curiosity to an end. When she saw her friends just nodded in acknowledgement, she made her way to the empty seat beside Rose then also grabbed a pair chopsticks and a spoon.

“Wait, Taehyung’s?” Jisoo asked with wide eyes.

“Neh, something wrong?” Jennie casually answered as she stood up then went to their cupboard and grabbed a cup of ramyeon, she decided to eat ramyeon for the rain made her feel cold, and afterwards she started their kettle for some hot water.

“Unnie, you and Taehyung oppa were together?” Lisa said in a cheerful tone making Jennie smile.

“Uhm, yeah,” she said smiling while preparing her ramyeon.

“And on a date too?!” Lisa added, still in that happy voice of hers.

“Seems like it,” she answered as she approached their table again with her ramyeon in her hands.

“And you’re in his sweater too,” Rose stated in a teasing manner.

“And why is that?” Jisoo asked like a strict mother, while Rose and Lisa waited for her answer with a wide grin.

Jennie chuckled at her friends’ excitement, “Well, we spent our time in an open place, then as you can see, it rained, we got caught up and we don’t have an umbrella. So Taehyung and I biked our way to their home, since it’s nearer, while raining, and he lend me his sweater,” she explained, she left the dancing part out for she didn’t want to get teased further, and for her that part was just between her and Taehyung.

Squeals of delights were heard from her friends after her explanation that caused her to blush and cover her face from embarrassment, “Oh my gosh, I can’t believe Jennie unnie’s blushing!” Lisa said in disbelief as it was the first time she saw her blush for knowing Jennie, she wasn’t the type that can be easily swayed.

“Me too! I’m so happy for our Jendeukie!” Jisoo exclaimed happily while doing her little dance of celebration making the youngers laugh at her. Their unnie is really silly at times, they thought.

Their laughter died down when they heard Rose asked something more that made them also excited, “Oh by the way, did he walk you home??” she asked excitedly.

“Aniya, but he insisted that he will. But I told him to just rest for he was already sneezing uncontrollably, probably because of the rain,” Jennie answered and they can clearly see that Jennie was really worried for Taehyung that made them shriek in happiness again.

“Unnie, you look so in love!” Lisa exclaimed that made Jennie shy again.

“Aish just eat,” she said trying to change the topic then opened the lid of her cup of ramyeon and started eating it while the three also continued eating.

“By the way guys, have the boys asked you to be their dates on the ball?” Jisoo asked with an excited clap.

Two of her friends face palmed themselves as they totally forgot about their upcoming ball for the two guys didn’t mentioned something about it earlier also. While there’s Lisa, Jungkook asked her, yes, but the problem is with her. The girls still don’t have any idea about what really happened in Thailand. But she decided that it’s not the time for her to tell them that now for they were bonding happily now.

Lisa shrugged the negativity away and appeared as cheerful as possible, “Kookie did!” she exclaimed with her cute wide smile.

“Oh, Jin too!” Jisoo said with the same amount of excitement that they high fived each other. They turned to Rose and Jennie who were quietly eating their food and felt out of place.

“Aish, I forgot to ask Taehyung about it,” Jennie sadly said that made Jisoo and Lisa slowly frown.

“Well, Jimin and I fought so,” Rose shrugged, hearing it made Jennie turned her attention to her.

“What happened?” she worriedly asked.

Rose sighed, “Aish, he got jealous because I talked to Jaebum on the phone for so long,” she started to explain while her friends listened to her intently.

“Jaebum?” Jisoo said in wonder but suddenly had her eyes widened when she realized something, “Omo, your ex!” she shrieked, making Jennie and Lisa also worried now.

“Deh, and it was practically my fault, I didn’t tell him the truth in the first place,” Rose said, fiddling with her fingers with her head bowed in regret.

Jennie soothed Rose’s back as a sign of comforting her, “Everything will be okay Rosie, just let him cool down for now, then try to talk to him again,” she advised that Jisoo and Lisa agreed to through nodding.

Rose just nodded and all of them went back on eating but before grabbing another piece of beef, Jisoo turned to Jennie who was munching on her noodles, “Jenjen, why don’t you call Taehyung and ask him about the ball?” she suggested that Jennie’s eyes lit up in agreement.

“Right, I’ll be right back,” she said then went to the living room to talk privately with Taehyung.

“Go unnie!!” she heard Lisa cheered making her let out a soft laugh.

She scrolled to her phonebook then tapped Taehyung’s number. She put her phone against her ear and waited for Taehyung to answer, then after three rings, she finally heard his voice.

“Neh, Jendeuk?” she heard him answer from the other line.

“Taetae! I forgot to tell you something earlier,” she greeted back.

“Oh, geure, what is it?”

“Graduation ball’s next Saturday, you’re my date, right?” she said, hope filled her tone but it was slowly fading away when Taehyung took a little while to answer.

“O–of course, why wouldn’t I?” she released a sigh of relief when she finally heard a reply from him, though she thought she felt hesitation in his tone, she shrugged it away for the important thing for her is that he agreed, and she couldn’t be any happier.

She let out a squeal of gladness making Taehyung chuckle on the other line, “Cool! What would you want me to wear then?” she asked him excitedly.

She heard Taehyung laughed softly, “Why are you asking me that? I’m not the one who’s going to wear it.”

“I know, but I want to ask for my date’s preferences, I want your jaw to drop when you see me!” she playfully said.

“What? Are you joking with me right now, Jennie–ssi?” she could feel that he was grinning widely while talking.

“Yah, I’m serious! Are you taking me as a joke now, Taehyung–ssi?” she pouted then heard Taehyung laugh again.

“I can totally sense that you’re pouting right now,” She replied with a giggle, “And I want to pinch those puffy cheeks right now,” her cheeks blushed just by hearing that.

“Yah, just tell me what you like…”

He snickered, “Okay… I want you to wear something nice… Something that is comfortable for you… Something that’s girly… Something that has a pattern or design like floral… Something that’s in the shade of pink or purple… Something that’s shiny, vibrant, and bright… Something that will make you outshine other girls… Something that you’ll love… Geunde… Even though you wear something dull and strange you still manage to pull it off and make it look stylish… Even though there’s a lot of other girls there that would wear a better dress than you… I’ll still choose and like you Jennie…”

She was stunned to Taehyung’s words. She just asked him about his preference on clothes and she didn’t expect him to take it very seriously. Other guys would just probably say wear something nice and decent and will perhaps say that girls’ dresses were all looked just the same, but Taehyung was different, he told her every detail that he likes and made her feel appreciated especially by the last words he said. His voice was full of sincerity, full of emotions.

“Hello? Jennie? Are you still there?”

She heard him question from the other line that caused her to get out of her daze, “D–deh. I–I’m still here…”

“Good! Have you heard what I said?”

“Neh…”

“And did you memorize it all?” he strictly asked but she knew that he was only joking that it made her broke into a lovely smile.

“Of course! I had it recorded,” she joked making him chuckle, “I’ll make sure to wear something like that,” she assured him.

That’s great but I told you, I’m fine with anything…

“Andwae! I’ll follow what you want!”

She heard him laugh gently at her whining, “Okay, okay, thank you then…”

“Okay, I’ll let you rest now, hmm? Don’t forget to drink medicine, ‘kay?”

“Sure… Good night Jennie…”

“Goodnight Taehyungie!” she said in a cheerful voice then ended the call. After that, she skipped her way back to their dining table to finish her dinner. When she arrived, she shot Lisa and Jisoo a confused look as she questioned them, “Where’s Rose?”


Rose was on the cab heading for the boys’ house. She can’t digest her food properly that she left it to her friends and went out of their house instead. She quickly hailed a taxi and now she’s here making her way to their house.

The angry face of Jimin seemed to be tattooed on her mind as she can’t forget and remove it. It scared her that their little fight might cause a lot bigger consequence than she expected. She can’t deny to herself that she knew Jimin was seriously in a bad mood and he won’t be talking to her immediately.

She cannot stand that Jimin was feeling that way towards her. She was blaming herself for not telling him the truth quickly. If she had been true to him, this won’t be happening. But then on the other side of her, Jaebum was her ex–lover, yes, but it was a long time ago.

Their break up was clean and they had closure that she didn’t think it would be a big deal for Jimin now. It’s true that he turned to be her best friend now that’s because they totally understand each other. Despite their relationship that had come to an end, they didn’t have a bitter bond after. They became closer actually, but close as friends not the other way around.

It was three years since they last saw each other, that’s why they have talked on the phone that long, friends could talk to each other for hours, right? But then again, she can’t blame Jimin for being mad, for she was at fault too.

She was so lost in her thoughts that it got interrupted by the beep of her phone, indicating the she had a new message. She unlocked it and saw that it was from Jaebum.

‘Rosie, thank you for talking to me for hours earlier. It was so nice to hear from you again. That talk made me wonder, if, you know… We could start over…?’  

It read that caused her to furrow her eyebrows in confusion because of the last part. She was confused on what do they have to start over, they were good friends now. Then her questions were answered by another text from him.

I mean our relationship. But not as friends... You know the other way around. So what do you say?

Her eyes widened reading the text but she replied immediately, there’s no reason for her to be confused about her feelings. She’s one hundred and one percent sure about her love for Jimin.

‘I’m sorry Jaebum–ah, but I already have someone… And we were actually in the middle of a fight right now, he misunderstood our relationship…’

‘Oh shoot! I’m sorry, Rose. I didn’t mean to. I meant no harm I swear. Forget about what I said earlier! I’m really sorry…’

She smiled at his answer, he was really a nice guy.

‘No worries Jaebum… I’m going to explain to him everything. You don’t have to worry, you didn’t do anything wrong. Again, I’m sorry. I hope you’ll find someone soon, I’m sure she’ll be better than me. :)’

Thank you Rose, you’re such a good friend! I’ll leave you to him then, I guess you’re talking right now. Thank you :)

 She didn’t bother to reply as she have arrived in her destination already. She quickly paid for her fare and went out of the vehicle. She pressed their doorbell in a hurry, and not long after footsteps were heard and the gate was opened.

“Rozey!” Jungkook greeted in surprise, obviously they weren’t expecting visitors at this hour, “What are you doing here? It’s late!” he added but Rose ignored all his questions.

“I need to talk to your Jimin hyung,” she said impatiently. Sensing the urgency, Jungkook widened their gate so that she could step inside. He then guided her to their front door and opened it for her letting her first walk in before him.

“In the dining room,” Jungkook said as he noticed that Rose seemed lost and doesn’t know where to look for his hyung.

“Thanks,” she said then walked quickly to the said area. When she arrived, she saw the other guys were also having their dinner, she walked closer to their table and stood there, “Yah Park Jimin,” she called out that made the guys look at her in surprise.

“Rose what a surprise!” Jin exclaimed trying to lighten up the tensed atmosphere, they already knew about their fight that he quickly greeted Rose to avoid the arguments that might happen immediately instead of friendly greetings first.

Jimin stood up from his seat and shot her his cold gaze, “What are you doing here? It’s late!”

“Yah shut it and listen to me. Jaebum was my ex, yes, but it was three years ago already! And our break up was clean and we had proper closure, therefore, we have a clean relationship right now as best friends! FRIENDS, alright? So can you please forgive me, and be my date on the ball next Saturday?!” she said in one go that made the guys listened and watched her in complete amusement.

“Woah, Rose, jjang,” they heard Taehyung commented lowly but they still heard it but completely ignored it as they all waited for Jimin’s response.

“Aish, how can you expect me to be still angry if you boldly proposed to me like that?” Jimin responded that made Rose released the breath the she didn’t know she has been holding all this while.

“Yah, forgive Rozey already,” Jungkook said not even minding on calling him hyung.

“Of course, I’ll forgive you! You know I can’t resist you. How could you ask me to be your date when supposedly I should be the one who should do that?” he added but now in a more playful manner that Rose walked to him and embraced him so tightly that he gladly accepted and returned while wild and loud cheers of celebration were heard from his friends.

“How dare you? You didn’t let me eat properly, I couldn’t digest my food thinking of you, and now I’m hungry,” she whined while still in his arms that made the guys around her chuckle.

Jimin pulled away lightly and looked at her, now with warm and lovely eyes, “I’m sorry, okay, no more arguments, I promise,” he then kissed her forehead sweetly that cringed his friends.

“Okay, that’s enough, let Rose seat and eat with us,” Jin said as he now placed an extra bowl, spoon, and chopsticks on the space beside Jimin’s side of the table.

The couple laughed lightly and followed their older friend, “Eat well Rosie!” Taehyung told her with a wide smile. She just smiled back and gladly accepted the foods that the guys were giving her.