CHAPTER 45

FOUR

After Lisa and Jungkook left the room, some minutes later, the doctor from before with two nurses behind him came inside with papers and other medical stuff in their hands. Jin stood up from his seat and went to stand beside the others, giving way for the doctor to check up on Jisoo.

“Glad you’re awake Ms. Jisoo!” the doctor happily said that Jisoo answered with a nod and a smile on her face.

“Neh, thank you doctor, for doing everything you can,” she said with a sincere smile.

“Ani, you did all the job, we just treated your wound and wipe the blood off of you,” the doctor humbly replied, giving off a hearty laugh in the process making the others chuckle and thanking him too.

“Alright, alright, enough of that, I got your CT scan, and thankfully, nothing much was found to be a danger in your life. Congratulations for that! You just have to go back here in the hospital for your weekly check–up regarding your injured arm, and other than that, no more problem Ms. Jisoo,” the doctor explained that gave them the much needed relief they’ve been craving for since the accident happened. The doctor gave the paper to the nurse back before turning to Jisoo again, “By the way, do you feel anything? Headache? Dizziness? Body ache?” the doctor asked.

Jisoo shook her head as an answer, “No, doc. I feel good actually,” she answered then glanced at her friends with a smile who were also smiling brightly at her, their faces showed how much it delighted them that she woke up.

“That’s great! I could discharge you then by tomorrow after lunch if that continues, and if you felt something awful, we’ll check on that and will just discharge you the day after tomorrow or the next day, is that great?” the doctor advised.

“Excellent, doc,” Jisoo nodded without hesitation making the doctor smile warmly at her.

“So if nothing else, we’ll be leaving then.”

“Thank you so much, doctor–nim,” Rose said with a bow followed by the others, the doctor and the nurses bowed back before leaving Jisoo’s hospital room to themselves.

Jin quickly went back to his spot earlier and asked Jisoo worriedly, “Are you sure you feel fine already?”

Jisoo nodded with a smile, “Deh, nothing to worry about,” she assured him but suddenly a thought poked in her mind making her smile sadly, “Well… There’s this one thing I’m feeling lately…”

Hearing that, Jin started to get panic, “What? What is it? I’ll call the doctor now,” he impatiently asked as he stood up from the chair ready to go and ran after the doctors to call them back and fix whatever Jisoo’s pain.

Jisoo just looked at him in awe, she thought Jin would be getting it immediately but instead, he was totally clueless, he was being slow again. Instead of answering him, she looked back to her friends who were just quietly watching them, she gave them a knowing look that the four quickly recognized and started walking slowly for the door.

“Yeah, we’ll just be outside,” Jimin said.

“Just call us if you need anything,” Jennie added before grabbing Rose’s hand in her and pulled Rose with her. Taehyung just waved at them before heading out of the door and closing it in the process.

Jin gave the four a confused and questioning look again, “Hey, where are you going–” but his question was answered with a sound of the closing door making him scratch the back of his head and stared at the door wondering why they all suddenly left the room, knowing them they won’t leave the room once Jisoo woke up especially Rose and Jennie but the two girls were the ones who headed for the door first.

Not minding his dongsaengs anymore, he turned back to Jisoo and saw her staring at him with longing and sadness filling up her beautiful eyes. He sat down on the chair again and bowed his head, he couldn’t find the courage to look back at her after all of what he had done and said to her in the past few days.

He was totally at fault, Jin thought. Because of his stubbornness, all of this happened, because of his wrong and awful judgement, Jisoo got into a car accident, because of his close mindedness, Jisoo was hurting inside, all of this happened because of him, because of him clouding his mind and heart in anger.

Jisoo kept on staring at Jin, she honestly felt confused why he was acting this way to her, she really didn’t expect much of him when she woke up but it totally surprised her when he was the first one she saw when she opened her eyes again, he was the first one to tend to her when she needed and asked for anything when she regained her consciousness. And as expected from Jin, he never failed to surpass the level of expectation she had in him.

She watched him play with his hands silently that were on his lap, his head bowed, his eyes not looking back at her. It made her frown, was he still mad that it came to the point he couldn’t even give her a simple glance. Jisoo sadly sighed silently, she looked up the ceiling and took a sharp breath, collecting all of her courage.

This was the perfect time to tell him everything. Everything that he needed to know, if he still refused to believe every word that she’ll say then it’s game over for her, she would willingly let go of him and just move on. The accident made her feel upset towards her friends, because of her persistence, she caused a trouble and worried her friends badly, she felt bad for burdening them when they also got their own problems to deal with.

Filling herself up with determination, she cheered herself up and told herself that she could do this, whatever the result is, she’ll accept and understand it fully without any negative feelings in her system, she’ll continue life with or without Jin. Yes, Jisoo fighting!

Jisoo turned her gaze back to Jin and saw that he was still in that position, bowing not looking at her. She cleared her a bit dry throat before speaking, “J–jin…” she called to him softly making him finally lift his head up but he was still avoiding her gaze.

“D–deh?” he asked also stuttering, it made Jisoo gave out a small smile hearing that he was also nervous. It amused him that the angry and beast Jin became like this that it made her more confident now.

“Can you help me sit up?” she asked still with her soft voice. Jin just nodded and stood up from his chair. He first grabbed the pillow beside her and placed it on the headboard. Jisoo started getting up with Jin supporting her by holding both of her arms and carefully helped her lean her back on the pillow he put against the headboard.

When Jisoo had settled herself comfortably, Jin slowly let go of her arms and was about to sat back down on the chair but Jisoo held his hand and pulled him down to sit on the side of her bed instead. Jin was startled but nevertheless just sat there beside her, facing her. He looked at their holding hands and it made him smile lightly.

Jisoo caught sight of it that made her smile in delight and relief because he didn’t push her touch away this time unlike the last times when she tried to be near with him again. They just sat there silently, no one dared to talk, they let silence surround them that was apparently very comfortable, and not a deafening one like they didn’t have any problem to face anymore.

Jisoo stared at Jin while Jin stared at their hands as he slowly enveloped small soft hands in his and intertwined her fingers with his making him smile contently, “This feels nice…” he commented in a soft voice.

Hearing this made Jisoo very happy that she tightened her hold on him, “I’m sorry…” she said, almost a whisper, but it was loud enough for Seokjin to hear and made his head shot up with a pained look, Jisoo didn’t have to apologize, it was him who have to do that, he doesn’t deserve those words coming straightly from her.

He stared at her directly in the eyes while shaking his head no, “Ani… You don’t have to say that to me… It’s me who should be saying that… I’m sorry, princess… I’m sorry for causing a lot of pain in you…”

Jisoo felt her eyes slowly turned hot and watery, her vision becoming a bit blurry, she let go of Jin’s hand as she cupped his face with both of her hands, “But I didn’t tell you the whole truth about Jinyoung… I’m sorry I didn’t become one hundred percent honest with you when you are like that to me… You did everything to make me trust you but I just wasted it all…” she said, her voice full of regret and guilt making Jin hurt more and scold himself, if it weren’t for him, Jisoo wouldn’t be saying all of this.

He held her face as he wiped the tears that had fallen down from her eyes already, “Shhh… Please don’t say that… I’m sorry for not listening to you, I’m sorry for pushing you away, I’m sorry for shouting at you…”

Jisoo nodded, forgiving him so easily but the sadness in her haven’t faded away yet, “But please let me explain everything to you first, please hear me out this time... You see Jinyoung, pulled me with him to have a talk I thought he already get what I said the last time we talked during that school tour, but I guess he was too persistent and confident in himself that he would succeed in taking me back, well yes you heard me saying that I’m going to leave you for him and that he was better but I swear Seokjin I didn’t mean it, what I said after that was–”

“I am the BEST?”

He asked her with a playful smile on his face cutting her words midway much to Jisoo’s shock on how the hell did he knew that when it was only her who knew the whole story. She slowly put her hands down on her lap that Jin held tightly afterwards.

“H–how d–did you…” she trailed off.

Jin smiled at her while holding her hands, “Turned out Seulgi was there, and witnessed your argument with Jinyoung, you two talked in front of the restrooms’ door and Seulgi was inside the ladies’, she was about to go but she saw you and him having a serious conversation that she just waited for the two of you to finish first for it was awkward for her to just pass by like that,” he chuckled, “Then, well, she kind of eavesdropped and told Jimin, Rose, and Jennie about it, So…”

He explained but Jisoo didn’t say anything but to blink her eyes in surprise, she couldn’t believe her life could have that kind of turning point.

Then Jin sighed and gave her an apologetic look, “I’m sorry for being stubborn, and hard headed, and angry, and deaf,” he sincerely said, “You were right, I was wrong this whole time… But with or without a witness, I already managed to convince myself to talk and listen to you, to fix all the things between us, that night when you left Jimin kind of scolded me despite the fact that I am the hyung, well you could say his words hit me like a truck, and it hit very hard that it made me wake up to my senses that I’m hurting you really deep and you don’t deserve all the pain that I have been causing all this time…”

“Jimin went out of the house to look after you, after I realized everything, I ran after him but he was too far away already that I ran faster, then when I caught up to him, I felt everything around me stopped and fell silent, only Jimin’s loud cries of your name could be heard, all the blood in my body left me making me pale and dead cold, I felt scared Jisoo…” his voice broke as tears fell down on his face remembering that painful sight of her, “When I saw you lying lifelessly on the hood of the car with blood running down from your head, I felt scared… I felt everything was falling apart… I felt everything was too late... I felt everything was done and there’s no hope left to fix everything between us…”

Jisoo felt herself crying, seeing Jin this scared that she tightened her hold on his hands in hopes of comforting him, feeling her touch, Jin found his strength to continue, “When I heard the siren of the ambulance, that’s just when I moved from my spot and ran to where you are though I was scared of blood but when it comes to you I discarded all of that and stayed with you until you were rushed to the hospital… I felt so scared on losing you Jisoo… I couldn’t avoid all the negativities that it made me more scared, though the dongsaengs were there comforting me, it wasn’t still enough, I knew in myself that it was you who I needed, I am in my best when I am with you and I felt scared that I wouldn’t be able to feel it again if I lose you permanently that time… And I blame myself for everything that had happened to you… It’s all because of me…”

Jin cried harder that Jisoo pulled his head onto her shoulder and soothed his back, she felt Jin wrapped his arms around her waist tightly while whispering ‘I’m sorry’ repeatedly between his sobs, “Aniya… Jin–ah… Please stop blaming yourself… Please… It’s no one’s fault… Please… The important thing is that we’re okay again,” she comforted then Jin suddenly got up from her shoulder and stared at her seriously, “We’re okay now… Right…?” Jisoo asked again with worry filling up her eyes when Jin just continued to stare at her and not giving her any answer.

Her face slowly dropped and she bowed her head avoiding his gaze, she was slowly losing hope… But suddenly she felt Jin held her chin and lift her head making her look at him, “Yah, I love you too much to not answer your question you know!” he said making Jisoo smile widely this time.

“I’ll take that as a yes then!”

 “There, you should never frown in front of me again, and I promise I will never make you frown again…” he said softly as he hugged her very tight.

Jisoo hugged him back in no time with that precious smile on her face, she never felt so contented in her life that she finally blurted out the words that should have been spoken long time ago, “I love you so much, Seokjin…”

Jin abruptly pulled away from her and stared at her smiling face in awe, though he already knew it and celebrated about it, it still felt different when it came out of just he always wanted. Couldn’t find his own voice to respond to those words, he stared back at her eyes with pure love and appreciation down to her lips.

Jisoo knew what was about to happen that she slowly closed her eyes, and the next thing she felt was pure bliss and adoration, she felt Jin’s soft lips on hers that she responded willingly and she swore she scold herself inwardly that she should’ve told him a lot sooner so that she could’ve tasted this sweetest taste a long time ago, and might’ve tasted it multiple times already and she wouldn’t get tired of it.

They both pulled back from each other with contented smiles on their faces, Jin leaned his forehead against hers then pecked her nose making him giggle, “I love you, my princess…”

“I love you too, my love… And please don’t ask me again if you’re not enough. You are more than enough…” They slowly lean in against each other and was about to kiss for the second time, just one more move and everything would be magical again but–

“Oh, shoot! My eyes!”

Jin and Jisoo turned their heads to the door then Lisa, Jungkook, and the others behind her giving them a teasing look, while the maknaes had their hands covering their eyes. Jin and Jisoo laughed at the sight, “Have you guys been there all this time?” Jisoo asked as all of them walked in further, the girls settling themselves on one side of her bed sitting on the corner, while the guys stood beside Jin.

“Nah, just in time to stop you two from kissing,” Rose answered with a teasing tone as she stuck out her tongue towards Jisoo like a kid, who just laughed at them.

“And I see the maknaes are back together, eh?” Jin said teasingly making Jungkook scratch the back of his head shyly while nodding in confirmation. Loud cheering and teasing were heard from his hyungs after that. The girls laughed at Jungkook’s reaction, usually he was the one bullying his hyungs but right now it was the other way around.

“And you and noona are official now?” Taehyung asked teasingly too but Jin’s face turned into panic and worry when he heard Taehyung’s question making the others confused, even Jisoo.

Jin then turned to Jisoo in panic as he asked, “We’re officially dating now, right??” he asked impatiently.

Jisoo and the others felt face palming themselves at what Jin had asked, “Yah, oppa didn’t I tell you I’ll bury you alive if you kept on being a slow poke?” Jennie asked threateningly making Jisoo snicker.

“You said that?” Jisoo asked Jennie who just nodded with her arms crossed in front of her, “Then go and bury him now Jendeukie–yah!”

“Wait, does that mean you’re officially my girlfriend now, and I’m your official boyfriend now?” Jin asked again making Jisoo laugh.

“Yah! After all we’ve said and done?!” she answered that slowly Jin’s face lit up, his lips curving into a wide smiled, his eyes turning into crescents.

“Yahoo! Jisoo’s my girlfriend! Jisoo’s my girlfriend! Yes! Jisoo’s my girlfriend! Who is my girlfriend? Jisoo! Who is Jisoo’s boyfriend? Me! Jisoo’s my girlfriend!”

All of them watched Jin in awe as he did his celebratory dance and cheering again. He was jumping and dancing around again while saying his chant. Noticing that his friends were quiet and his voice was the only one booming inside the room, he stopped what he was doing and looked back at his friends with a flushed face, embarrassed.

Then suddenly a series of loud laughs surrounded the whole room, “Hyung, that was… HAHAHAHAHAHA!” the three guys tried to say but ended up laughing again. Jin smacked their heads one by one but it didn’t stop them from having the time of their lives.

When they all recovered from the scene, they just sat there around Jisoo’s bed, talked about a lot of things, catching up on each other. Starting from Lisa’s stay in Thailand, she told them everything that they needed to know and her friends couldn’t help but to feel so happy for her, not just because her wedding was cancelled and also because she and her father were in good terms again, plus she’s staying in Korea for good this time.

They kept talking about a lot of things, and it felt like just the old times, they were happy that they could finally bond like this again. Then Rose told them how Seulgi turned out to be a kind person and how easily she, Jennie, and Seulgi became close just earlier making Jimin felt out of place in the café.

Jennie was just there sitting and listening to all of their stories, she laughed, and smiled with them, but didn’t find herself speaking too. She felt every happy because Lisa’s back with them again, she made a new friend and it was Seulgi, Jisoo woke up healthily and was recovering quickly, Lisa and Jungkook were finally back together again, Rose and Jimin doesn’t have to be distant with each other, and lastly, her unnie and oppa were finally officially dating. But despite all of the good news that had come to her today, there’s this certain part inside her that still felt lonely and empty, and she perfectly knew why…

She secretly glanced at his direction only to see that he was already staring back at her, his eyes purely screamed out of longing for her, missing her…

It made Jennie want to walk over where he was and hug him right there, and then. But still… She remained rooted to where she was and just avoided his stare…