Chapter 6: Tired, but never giving up on you (part I)

For The Sake Of Your Heart

Enjoy!

 


 

Back to the present:

 

Yuri’s POV: 

 

It’s Friday, I usually skip this afternoon’s lecture but I decided to meet Tiffany, so I am here at the university entrance waiting for her. She’s Jessica’s second bestfriend, and they are having classes together, so she has to know the reason behind Jessica’s new behavior.

 

Tiffany waved her hands towards me while she was parking her car in order to declare her arrival.

I took off my sunglasses and led my way towards her.

“Hello!”

“Hope You didn’t wait for too long” She said while getting out of her car.

I smiled to her and responded “at all, just half an hour as usual”

“So, that’s not too much” she grabbed her handbag and closed her car’s door behind.

“So, what’s the matter? you scared me on the phone” she added.

“That’s what exactly I want to ask you: what’s the matter with Jessica lately?” she noticed the anger in my voice.

“Now you are scaring me more, you need to calm down so we can talk” she took my hand and guided us to a less crowded place.

“I don’t know anymore, Tiffany; she is being a total to me, no more answering my messages, and when she does only with a one or two cold words, she even cancelled all of our usual meetings this week, I am starting to think she’s hiding something from me and its driving me insane” I can’t control my emotions anymore, I have been trying to bury them all this week and its suffocating me.

“Well I don’t know what to tell you, but I will try to talk to her and see what’s wrong” She said with a calming voice.

“I appreciate it” I said then checked my watch.

“Aren’t you guys having a class this afternoon, she should be here by now, Am I wrong?” I asked, and took my phone out to call Jessica“I Will try to call her to see if she’s ok… hope she answers this time” I mumbled the last part to myself.

I was about dialing her number when Tiffany said “Don’t bother yourself, she’s already here” I followed her gaze to find an unwanted sight welcoming me.

Well as I still remember, she has a car, so why the is she dropped by another girl’s car, a girl who I have never seen before. And what is this tightening I am feeling inside my chest the more I look at the way Jessica is smiling to that girl.

Jessica got out of the car after saying something to that girl then she closed the door after her, the way that girl is looking at her while she is walking towards us is making me feel like punching her straight on the face, no one ever has the right to look at Jessica in that way, no one but me.

“Hey guys” God how much I miss her voice, but hearing it won’t calm down the anger I am feeling inside.

“Who the is she?” I said waiting for a convincing answer from her.

She looked at me with an indifferent face and she remains silent.

Tiffany interrupts“I need to go, Catch up later guys” then left giving us a total privacy to talk.

“My question still needs to be answered, who the is that girl?” I insisted but for the second time I got ignored, she turned her back to me and followed Tiffany.

“Wait Tiffany, take me with you” Seriously, does she think I will let her go easily!

I grabbed her wrist and made her turn around to face me again.

“What the Yuri, you are hurting me” she shouted while trying to take her hand out of my hold, but for no use.

“You are hurting me more”I am not sure if I am imagining things or not, but I swear I noticed her eyes softening hearing my last words.

“I don’t know what you are talking about” she said avoiding my eyes.

“I am talking about YOU ignoring me this whole week, you completely changed Sica, and its making me worried… So many questions are running inside my mind and you are the only one who can answer them, but you’re refusing to” I loosened the grip my hand is having around her wrist, but never letting go.

“There’s nothing wrong Yuri” she answered, still with her eyes looking everywhere but at mine.

“Look at me” I guided my free hand towards her face in attempt to make her look at me in the eyes.

“I don’t want to skip the lecture Yuri, I am already late, you need to let me go”

“Okay, but you need to answer me first”

“She’s a friend of mine”

“I am supposed to know all your friends, why not this one?”

“I answered your question, now let me go and please stop acting as if you are my girlfriend… because we are not”

With her words, she left me with no choice but freeing her hand and letting her go as she wished.

Maybe Henry was right; I need to give her space, I hope that is all what she needs.

 


 

Later on that day:

 

The day Jessica and her sister decided to move out of Mr. Kwon’s house was not easy for anyone, especially Mr. Kwon who promised his dear friend to keep an eye on his daughters. Jessica managed to convince him after a long month of trying, he finally said yes but with one condition: to spend every week-end with them in their family's house, because moving out alone with her sister doesn’t mean that they are no more a part of the Kwon’s family. And tonight is one of the nights they are gathering all together.

Dinner is ready;everyone is in the living room waiting for Henry to come home.

Mr. Kwon was busy talking to Krystal and Jessica about how their week has been. Yuri is sitting on the couch scrolling up and down her Facebook page and from time to time glancing secretly at Jessica who doesn’t seem to be caring at all.

“Yuri!! Call your brother, I think we all are starving here” said Mrs. Kwon

“I just did mom, he said he is on his way” Yuri simply answered then moved her gaze back to her phone.

5 minutes later Henry showed up, but not alone, he brought a petite beautiful lady with him whom she was recognized quickly by Yuri. ‘I saw her somewhere’ Yuri thought to herself.

“Finally you are here, and who is the beautiful lady with you?”asked Mr. Kwon while getting up to welcome the new guest.

“She is Dr. Kim, Kim Teayeon, we are colleagues, she is working with me in the hospital.” answered Henry.

“Aigoo welcome beautiful lady” with her usual cheerful voice, Mrs. Kwon welcomed Teayeon believing that she is Henry’s new girlfriend.

“Thank you, it’s a pleasure for me to be here with you.” Teayeon replied shyly, then turned her gaze towards Jessica and smiled.

When Jessica smiled back Yuri finally remembered where she saw her, ‘she is the girl who dropped her by this afternoon’ thought Yuri, ‘what was Jessica doing with a friend of Henry, he has never told me about her’.

Mr. Kwon broke the silence “So, I guess you are starving too?” he said looking at Teayeon, the latter answered:

“Actually, Yes!! We didn’t have anything since lunch!!”

“Then let’s eat, dinner is ready.”

 


 

Jessica was the first to finish her dinner; she got up and headed her way to the bathroom in order to wash her hands.

She was drying her hands when Yuri gets in the bathroom; she washed her hands swiftly then approached Jessica

 “Can I?” she said pointing at the same towel Jessica is using.

“Of course!!” Answered Jessica with a calm voice, yet; feeling uneasy because of the awkwardness filling the air. She finished drying her hands, then led her way to the door when Yuri stopped her:

 “You are always welcome to share the bed with me if ever Krystal starts snoring again!!”.

 


 

Part 2 will be up tomorrow.

Guys we are trying to update for you everyday, don't hesitate to show your support.

Thank you.