Chapter 16: Bullet.

For The Sake Of Your Heart

 

Hey guys, this is the longest chapter so far...

Enjoy it ;)

 

 


 

 

“You don’t have to worry, it’s just some contusions on your leg and it's going to heal soon, a matter of five days to a week and you will be able to walk on it normally, maybe even better than before” Stated the doctor wearing a wide smile on his face, beside him stood a nurse who was trying to help me straighten myself on the hospital’s bed.

“If so then I will just go home” I answered.

“Of course, but you need to take the medicines I gave you, they will lessen the pain and help your leg get well sooner”

“Yeah, sure, now can I get my phone!”

Just as I was trying to stand up, Henry and Taeyeon entered the room gaining all of our attention.
"I am sorry for your loss" he said with a depressed face.
"What?...What loss?" I can’t deny that I was too frightened from the words that will come out of his mouth next; I thought about every single bad thing that might happen when he finally said;
"Your beloved"
Wait what? I can’t think right now. Every cell in my body stopped working right at this moment.
"Your black R8 BMW" he said saving me from the heart attack I was about to have. I ing hate you Henry.
"Stop annoying her Henry" gently shouted Taeyeon stopping me from pouncing at him even with my swollen leg.
"How are you feeling now?" She added turning her gaze to me.
"I am fine, thanks" I answered shortly trying to walk with the crutch the nurse gave me.

“I need my phone Henry, and a ride home of course”

“By the way, I took all of your stuff  home , phone, hand watch and necklace, so you don’t have to worry about any of them” He answered.

“Then take me home please!!”

“I am afraid I can’t now, because my shift hasn’t finished yet!! I am gonna call dad to drive you home”

“It is okey, my shift is done. I can drive her home” interrupted that petite girl who I can’t stand for no reason.

“Yeah, thank you” I replied wearing a fake smile.

“So! let’s go?” asked Taeyeon while opening the door for me.

“Yes, please” I said walking with my crutch which I am beginning to hate.

 


 

After opening the passenger door for me and helping me sit properly, Taeyeon took the crutch and put it on the trunk then took off her car.

“You know what? Can you please drive me to Jessica’s apartment instead?” I asked changing my mind about heading home.

“Of course” Damn polite, I hate the fact that she’s being nice to me even with my clear rude attitude.

“Then turn left” I stated trying to use my left hand guiding her to the right way to Jessica’s apartment.

“I already know where, don’t bother yourself, just relax” she interrupted.

I stared at her with an expressionless face; Why the hell does she know where Jessica lives?

“I dropped Tiffany there this afternoon, that is how I know where it is” she said with a smile on her face describing the fact that she got what’s running all over my head at the moment.

“Oh Tiffany! cool” I stated feeling relieved, Tiffany must be delighted, Hope something will happen between them!

“Taeyeon…. may I you ask a question?” I asked trying to overcome the silence filling the car, at the same time to get some informations from her.

“Sure, what is it?”

“Did Jessica do the analysis you and Henry told her about”

“Yes she did” she replied focusing her gaze on the road.

“And?”

“What?”

“The results?”

“I can’t tell you anything about my patients”

“She is my bestfriend, she is family to me, I think I have the right to know”

“Yes of course you do, but not from me Yuri. Ask her about it!!”

Taeyeon is totally right, but Jessica doesn’t feed my curiosity

She keeps hiding answers from me.

She keeps running away from me.

She keeps avoiding me.

She keeps slipping out of my arms.

She keeps hurting me in the worst ways possible…

“Here we are!!” said Taeyeon

“Hello, Yuri…” she added after noticing me staring at nowhere swimming in my own thoughts.

“Eh?..”

“I said we finally arrived Miss Kwon” she said Ironically opening her door and hurrying to take the crutch from the trunk.

“Here is your new friend Yuri” God how I hate this girl for that tone and face she is wearing with me.

“Yeah… it helps more than a human friend” I replied without even looking at her face.

I thanked her and led my way to where my heart belongs, hoping to find answers I need for the sake of it.

 

 


 

 

“Hey Krys” I said the moment the door has opened by no one but the little Jung. She smiled at my presence then cheerfully said.

“Yuri Unnie, long time no see, come on in” She opened the door more widely giving me enough space to walk in.

“Jessica’s here, right?” I asked, the moment we made it to the living room, I couldn’t stop the eagerness I am feeling inside to see her face, it's been hours already.

“I am wishing for a day you come to this apartment with the intention to see me and ask about me not Jessica, I am feeling jealous you know, it's hard to hide it anymore” Krystal said wearing one of her cute yet y pouts, I smiled at her words before grabbing her playfully by the shoulder to my hold.

“Don’t feel jealous lil Jungie, you know I love you more than anyone else in this world” I answered going along with her playful mood.

“Yeah yeah sure, but still, I find it hard to believe your words” she was struggling to free herself from my hold, so I did as she wished after giving her a pinch on each cheek.

“Then don’t, you already have your one and only” I winked at her teasingly only to receive a hard punch on my chest.

“That was painful you know” I said with a painful face putting my right hand on the spot she just punched; She just ignored my silly act and replied.

“Painful my . You need to work hard on your acting skills… And Yeah, to answer your previous question: you can find your own ‘One and Only’ in her room, she is with Tiffany by the way” then made her way to the kitchen leaving me alone here.

“I love you toooo” I shouted at her and she just ignored my silly confession, so I just chuckled before heading directly to my real love’s room.

 


 

I took a deep breath before opening the door only to find her sitting on her bed with Tiffany by her side. They both looked at me questionably maybe not expecting my sudden presence or because of the crutch I am using to help myself walk, I just smiled making my way in and leaving the door open behind me.

“Hey Tiffany, can you please leave us alone, I need to talk to Jessica” I stated straightly fixing my gaze on Tiffany’s. She simply nodded then stood up making her way towards me.

“We still need to talk” she whispered in my ear before finally freeing the room for me and Jessica to have.

“What happened to your leg?” My ice princess asked pointing at my injured leg, and actually I didn’t expect it. It was hard to hide the enjoyment I felt because of her worry but still, I did.

“Nothing to worry about” I simply answered making my way to her desk’s chair to sit on and face her, at the same time to rest my legs; it's been a long day already.

“Does it hurt?” This time I couldn’t stop the smile from sneaking to my face,

“You know what hurts more?” I asked but received nothing as an answer; she just kept silent looking at me with a hint of worry in her beautiful eyes. So I answered myself instead.

“Waking up in your bed expecting to find an angel embracing my body… But only to find none” It was sad actually not enjoying more of her warmth this morning.

“I am sorry for you” Plainly she said avoiding looking straightly into my eyes.

“Okay, then do I have the right to know the reason behind your disappearing this morning?” I demanded waiting for a proper reason to her leaving me alone in her bed this morning, but all she did was ignoring my question.

Moments had passed but still, I got no answer.

Here we go again.

“Won’t you answer me?” I asked again, softly, this time standing up using my crutch to move closer to her. I was about sitting next to her on her bed when she suddenly stood up making her way to the door. What the ?

A sudden rush of madness filled me when I found myself hurrying to stop her from reaching the doorknob.

“You are not ing going anywhere this time Jessica" I stopped her from walking away by blocking the door; she glared at me because of my sudden action then said.

“Oh! What? You will use force to stop me this time or what?!”

“Not at all, but I am tired of having you running away every time I try to have a proper conversation with you, I am fed up” My eyes show nothing at this moment but determination to put an end to her cold treatment tonight, and I am sure she noticed it.

“Okay Yuri, what do you want?” she demanded folding her arms.

“Don’t act like nothing has happened, please!” I begged, the last thing I want is her avoiding what we had last night.

“Oh, so you want to talk about last night, right?” Glad, she said it herself; at least she isn’t avoiding the topic as I thought she will.

“Yeah, exactly” I confirmed.

“Go ahead then”

“We.Made.Love” I simply said feeling the effect of the three words I just uttered on my whole being.

“So?” and she simply answered as if it means nothing to her.

“What do you mean by ‘so’? Are you just going to act like it's nothing to you?”

“What if I do?”

Should I laugh at her words and act like it didn’t stab my heart or just show her the real impact of them?

“… I ing really can’t believe you… we ing MADE LOVE FOR GOD’S SAKE… is that nothing to you? Are you just going to use your cold treatment again? Are you going to deny that what we had last night was Special?” I shouted looking sternly at her cold eyes; The same eyes that used to look nothing but warmly at mine.

“Special? Seriously? First, if I was in your place I will call it ‘’ not ‘Love Making’, and secondly, what do you call ‘SPECIAL’? Is banging a drunk person and taking advantages of them looks ‘SPECIAL’ to you? Because actually, it doesn’t to me” Is this really Jessica talking? Did those words come really out of her own mouth? I couldn’t believe my ears neither cover them so I won’t hear. This is the first time in my whole life wishing to be a deaf person, because my heart can’t take the pain caused by her poisoned words.

I stood frozen on my spot unable to open my mouth to answer her, so she decided to add more oil to the fire she lit inside me by saying…

“What about we call it ‘A One Night Stand’? Fair enough for both of us I guess”

I bitterly smiled then gathered all of my inner strength and decided to let my mind take control this time.

“I really can’t believe you Jessica… I am never the person who will lay a finger on a girl without being one hundred percent sure that ‘that girl’ wants them to. I am not that person Jessica and you know me better than anyone else…” I stepped closer to her so she can see the sincerity in my eyes with every single word I utter, then added.

“You are the last person that I will ever think of taking advantages of, yet you are accusing me of doing so, Looks like you don’t know me as I thought after all these years Jessica”

She just kept silent killing me more and more with her ignorance, and I was just standing there wishing I could dig in her head and know what’s running inside it. But Damn I’ll need magic for that.

“I don’t know you anymore Jessica, You aren’t the same person I fell …” She didn’t even let me complete my sentence when she finally decided to talk.

“You know what? Let's put an end to this bull, let’s solve this problem from its roots…

You want to know why I changed towards you? right? Why I am being cold and avoiding any conversation with you, right? Why last night means nothing to me?”

Even though her cold words hurt so much I managed to answer.

“Yes, I totally want to know”

“Okay then” she said before making her way towards her nightstand where her phone is located, she grabbed it before starting to dial a number, I just stood on my place unmoved trying to figure out what she is trying to do.

Is she trying to call someone or what? Does our problem here need a third wheel to intervene or what?

“Hey, where are you? … No, I am okay… Yeah… Are you near?... Good, can you come then?... Yes, I am in the apartment…. No, there’s nothing wrong, really, I just need to talk to you… Great then, I will be waiting” She finally finished her words before ending the call and putting her phone exactly where it was. I kept silent for the whole call having no clue who she was talking to. but now after she ended it I asked;

“Who was that?”

“You will get your answer soon, can you wait for a ten more minutes?” She asked, her eyes boring into mine, showing nothing but rigidity.

“I don't really get what you are trying to do, Jessica”

“Waiting for another ten minutes to get the answer you’ve been craving to have: won’t kill you, Yuri” Ice burns hotter than fire, her cold words prove that.

“Yeah, waiting never kills, Jessica” So I did as she asked me to, I waited.

Ten minutes, seems short, but damn long to me at this moment, So, I decided to put it to a good use: ‘Admiring her flawless feature’.

Thank God, she didn’t choose to distance herself from me and go back to sit on her bed, she just stood on her place, steps away from where I am standing, avoiding to lock her eyes with mine and giving me a priceless chance to look carefully at the gift God has sent me.

 

Gorgeous? Never enough to describe how ravishing she looks.

 

A Love fool? Is exactly what I turn to everytime I found myself gawking at her beauty.

 

So, how can I force myself to stop drowning deeper in her love! It’s futile anyway.

 

“Jessica I …” I didn’t get the chance to continue with what I was about to say when I felt the door opening behind me hitting me slightly on my shoulder.

Guess the ten minutes has come to an end and the third wheel just arrived.

“Oh Hey! Yuri!!? You are here? What are you doing guys here standing behind the door, what if I opened it harshly, you might have get hurt sis”

 

Henry?

 

Is Henry the one Jessica called minutes ago to come here?

 

“Hmm, What’s up guys?” He said with an awkward smile while rubbing the back of his neck, his gaze looking between me and Jessica surely waiting for one of us to talk.

I turned my gaze towards Jessica and with a raised eyebrow I asked;

“So?”

“Is there something guys? Did you….?” He didn’t even end his question, he was looking at Jessica with a face full of concern, it’s like he is afraid to spell out a secret and waiting for Jessica to give him her approval to reveal it.

I don’t think my mind is able enough to take all the questions running inside it right now.

Is this about Jessica’s health or what?

Did the analysis she had show something bad?

This makes my heart halt. Just the idea of something bad happening to her is slaying me ...

 

Jessica didn’t utter a single word to answer Henry neither my questions, both of us were waiting for her to talk and put an end to the awkwardness and the uneasiness filling the room; Instead she chose to double it by taking Henry’s hand into hers, interviewing their fingers together.

What the I am witnessing right now?

And finally she decided to reveal their secret, making me regret having her in my life in the first place.

 

 

 

 

“We Are Getting Engaged”

 

 

To be continued...

 

 


 

Hello again! Should we hide away? Looks like this chapter is making you frustrated :p Some of you are even thinking of choking us to death... Or at least throw your laptop or phone you are holding right now at our faces... Thats baaaaad ... Calm down bodies xD.

Well, hope your enjoying the Ups & Downs of this Story (Wait lemme think: There are only Downs in this story :p) Anyway, We are doing our best to make it more enjoyable. And dont forget, the best(Ups) Are yet to come ( Or maybe not ... Evil Laugh NIAHAHAHAHAHAHA)

we are talking too much, anyway, Thank youuu... Enjoy your weekend... We Love You... Do You Love Us Back? If So Then PLEASE HIT THAT UPVOTE BUTTON... IT WILL MEAN A LOT TO US ;)