Chapter 4:COLD… yet my ONE and ONLY

For The Sake Of Your Heart

 

 

Back to nowadays

 

Yuri’s POV:

 

I have been sitting here at her apartment door for more than three hours, it is about to get dark, but where the hell is she? The way she left this afternoon was weird and the lie about meeting Tiffany is adding more oil to the fire I am feeling inside, unfortunately, she is the only one who can cool it down.

Normally, Monday she gets up at 10, has breakfast, comes to the university at 11, and leaves toward home at 4 PM. I cannot believe it, now its half past five and she has not arrived yet. She was awake before me this morning, why the hell is she changing like that? Sica is a lazy , she cannot even wake up in the morning without me being her human alarm, why this coldness? just why the hell is she lying to me? she had never done it before.

 

“Yuri Unnie, Why are you sitting here staring at nothing?” Those words interrupted my thoughts, deep inside I wished it was Jessica’s voice but I know it is not

“Oh! Hey Krystal..”

“I think you are waiting for Jessica, aren’t you? Shouldn’t she be home by now?” said Krystal while opening the door.

“Yeah!!That what I was thinking about”

I got up and followed her to wait for the princess to come home and explain her weird new self to me.

“Yuri Unnie, I am starving and I am going to prepare some food for myself! Want some?” proposed Krystal, but sincerely I have no appetite; I just nodded as a “NO” and the television to distract my thoughts of Jessica lying to me for the first time of our lives.

 

Krystal joined after finishing her eating, I was so impatient, all I wanted was Jessica to come home and give some answers to my none stopping questions.

After waiting one long lasting hour, the ice princess finally appeared; she took off her shoes; looked at us with a blank face and without even saying “HI”, she headed directly to her room and closed the door after her.

‘The !’ I mumbled to myself.

“What’s wrong with her? Are you guys fighting or something?” asked Krystal.

Without answering her, I got up and led my way to Jessica’s room, I cannot take her sudden coldness any longer.

I entered the room to find her laying on her bed, I smashed the door behind me and approached her, her eyes are looking everywhere but at mine.

“Where were you?” I asked.

She got out of her bed, and made her way to the bathroom, with me following behind…

“Out”she replied with the same coldness of this morning.

“I know you were out Jessica, I meant, you are supposed to be at home around 4p.m but its past 7p.m” I yelled angrily.

“Seriously Yuri, are you investigating me or what?”she shouted, with her back facing me.

“I am not; I was just worried about you, that’s all…” this time I lowered my voice to show how worried she made me.

“Can’t you at least face me?” I gently asked

Finally, with her cute eyes facing mine she said “Okay Yuri, what’s wrong?”

“Guess I should be the one asking you that, you’ve been acting weird the whole day, so at least I need to know the reason behind that, don’t I?”

“Weird!?”

“Yeah weird, or dunno cold, did I do something wrong?”

“Stop it Yuri, I am not in the mood for your drama..”

“And I am not in the mood to start a fight with you Jessica”

“So it is me who is starting a fight, huh?”

“The fact that you disappeared this morning, not answering your phone the whole day and lying about meeting Tiffany, are enough reasons to start a fight”

“First, I didn’t disappear, I just had something to do, second, I didn’t see the phone ringing, third, I was planning to meet Tiffany but I had an emergency so I cancelled it, fourth, it is not even your business, fifth, STOP acting like we are a couple, finally, go out I need to pee.”

Her words were like knives in the mid of my chest, and the fact that she does not look at me the way she used to, kills me the most.

 

Without hesitation, I turned around and exited the bathroom. I headed to my car and drove home; I really need someone to talk to.

 


 

 

“What’s wrong with the grumpy face?” said Henry the moment he saw his sister entering the house and heading towards the couch he was sitting on.

“She is driving me crazy Henry.” said Yuri while throwing herself on his right, he put his arm around her shoulder then replied “Are we talking here about Jessica?”, “did she say no?” he added.

Yuri sighed, “I didn’t even have the chance to propose anything, I don’t know what is wrong with her. it all started this morning, her messages were short and cold as , then the kissing with that girl who I don’t remember how she looks like....”.

“wait! What? You kissed a girl? And Jessica…. Huh ” he seemed shocked

“yes Henry! Jessica witnessed the kiss”

“And you are asking what’s wrong with her! Dear sister, what is wrong with YOU not her?”

Yuri looked at him with a questioning look not getting what he meant.

“Damn Yuri, she obviously got jealous!!.”

“That makes no sense, I said she was cold before the kissing session” Yuri said angrily, “I can’t understand, I’ve a lot of questions running through my head, and obviously, she won’t answer any of them, you know her stubbornness”

“Seems like you already tried to get them?” he asked

“I did, you know me better than anyone Henry”

“And what happened?”

“Cold, stubborn, badass, different…”

“Cold, stubborn, badass. We already know that about her, but I don’t get that ‘different’ part.”

Yuri stood up and ruffled her hair with frustration then started explaining…

“Last night she texted me a usual long good night message, this morning I got a very different Jessica, Henry! She even lied to me this afternoon saying that she is meeting Tiffany when she didn’t.”

“Why don’t you just give her some space, maybe she has something she can’t tell, or hasn’t told yet.”

“She used to tell me everything; I am her best friend, why all of a sudden she decided to stop.”

“Just be patient, time will reveal everything ‘little Kwon’”.

 

 


 

 

Support us guys, if you like the story please give it an upvote... Dont hesitate to comment too.