Chapter 12: Trapped…

For The Sake Of Your Heart

Hey Beloved readers; Thank you so much for your support, we are so glad that you are liking the story so far.

Enjoy!

 

 


 

Back to the present:

 

Yuri’s POV:

 

Me: Morning, you forgot your laptop last week end. If you want I can bring it to your house.

Sica: Hey morning, yeah!! Im not actually home, but you can give it to me in the Univ.

Me: Of course, lunch break?

Sica: Great, see you in the cafeteria.

Me: Take care till then.

After sending this last message, I kept staring at my phone’s screen thinking about the way Jessica has changed to, however; I can’t force myself to do the same or my heart to stop loving her.

I did everything I could to find the real reason behind her sudden coldness and personality but in vain.

Dozens of questions are running nonstop through my head, but like always, I find myself helpless with no one to help me to answer them.

Does she have someone else in her life who is replacing me?

Did I do something wrong to her that made her change completely towards me?

Was I just imagining things happening between us?

Should I just give up and act just like her? Not caring about anything we had or were about to have.

Or should I try hard to have back the Jessica I fell for 8 years ago?

Well; it’s already 9h30 A.M, half an hour before my first class for today, so I’d better put those questions behind and head to the university. It’s becoming useless to repeat the same questions days and nights.

I grabbed my phone, my jacket, car keys and her laptop, which she forgot, last week end when she slept over with us as usual, then led my way towards our mansion’s garage choosing to ride my favorite black BMW for today.

 


 

Like usual, today’s morning class were so da*mn boring, I seriously don’t get how people enjoy this management course. I can’t wait for this year to end in order to get my BA degree to either go to the U.S for The Master's or just stay here in Korea and take care of my dad’s business.

I took a look at my hand watch to find that it’s already lunch time; I better hurry up to the cafeteria in case Jessica is already there waiting for me. I don’t want to face a more cold and angry her.

On my way there, I noticed people rushing to the cafeteria’s entrance in an unusual way; it was like they are hurrying to there to watch a special show or something like that and then a worried Tiffany captured my attention; she was running out of the cafeteria as if she was looking for someone or something.

“Hey Tiffany, what’s wrong?” I shouted trying to get her attention and make her stop.

“Oh god Yuri, you are here” she said, finally looking at me, she led her way towards me then added;

“I was looking for you” she stopped right in front of me to regain control of her breathing.

“Okay I am here, what’s with your shocked and worried face? And all those people gathering here, Did something happen here or what?”

“Jessica has just fainted; we took her to the University’s infirmary, and I was looking for you to tell you, I didn’t know what to do”

“What? When?” Hearing her words I felt my heart dropt, the same feeling I had last year when she fainted in her birthday, but at least I was there for her, not like now.

“15 minutes ago, she told me she will be meeting you at lunch time, so she came here to wait for you and when I followed I found her collapsed on the floor, with a bunch of people around her, just some friends helped to carry her to the infirmary”  

“Is she still in the infirmary?” I asked while hurrying towards the University’s infirmary, praying hard for Jessica to be okay.

“Well; she was still there when I left to find you; the nurse didn’t let us get in with her anyway” Tiffany answered.

 

Finally arrived to the infirmary, only to find Jessica nowhere to be found, I looked around in attempt to find someone to ask when the nurse appeared.

“Where’s my friend? She was here moments ago” Tiffany chose to ask first, I just stood on my place trying to figure out what’s happening.

“She left with a girl, who I think is a doctor from the way she was talking” answered the nurse.

“A girl? How was she?” I was the one to ask this time. Waiting for the nurse to confirm what I already have in mind.

“She is short with long blond hair”

So it’s Taeyeon, the doctor.

Seriously Jessica, what’s happening in your life and you are not telling me?

“Short with long blond hair?  I’ve never seen someone having those characteristics with Jessica before” wondered Tiffany looking at me and waiting for me to satisfy her curiosity but only to get ignored.

“Do you know where she took her? Because normally you shouldn’t give her the permission to take a sick person out of the infirmary” I said angrily trying hard to stop myself from putting the whole blame on the nurse.

“As I said, she seemed like a doctor, besides Miss Jessica was fully conscious when she left with her and to answer your question, I think she took her to the nearby hospital, they were whispering things about checkups and analyzes”

Checkups and analyzes? I did never know that just collapsing and losing consciousness needs all that. And why that Taeyeon girl is always getting in the picture from the moment Jessica started acting cold towards me?

“Do you know her?” Asked Tiffany stopping me from getting further with my none stopping questions.

“I guess I do”

“And?” with a questioning face she added.

“I will tell you what I have in mind on the way, let’s go find them” I said then thanked the nurse before making our way to the University’s parking lot.

 

Since her last birthday, I kept convincing Jessica to do a full checkup to make sure that her health is all fine; however her stubbornness and laziness stopped her from doing so. And everytime she makes me more worried about her.

The sudden appearance of that doctor in our life is really bizarre, meeting her out of the blue in a restaurant and getting along that fast is more unconvincing for me. Should I be jealous or worried? Should I keep caring or just let her go with what she chooses? I am trapped between my satisfying past with her and the present when I no more exist in her secret life.

What should I do Jessica? How can I stop myself from yearning to have the old you back? Or convince my heart that it can keep beating after letting you go?

“Yuri, you need to slow down your driving, or else we won’t make it to the hospital on our legs, unless on an ambulance” Tiffany’s words brought me back from my distraction; she was sitting on the passenger seat looking at me with a concerned look.

“I am sorry, we are here anyway” I answered while trying to look for a spot where to park my car.

“You said you’ll tell me what’s in your head on the way to the hospital, but you just kept silent with something occupying your mind ; Mind to share?” stated Tiffany.

“Yeah, dozens of things are running inside my mind, and I would really like to share them with you, but not now, first we need to get in to find Jessica and make sure that she is alright” I answered after making sure that my car is well parked, I then stopped the engine and got out.

“Promise?”

“Promise Tiff”

“Isn’t here where your brother works?” god this girl will never get enough of talking. She’s our talkative mushroom after all.

“Yup” I answered nodding my head while making our way to the hospital’s entrance.

“Aren’t you going to ask someone where we can find Jessica?"

“We’ll just head up to henry’s office, I bet they are with him, or at least he knows where they are” we got in the elevator to reach the 5th floor where Henry is.

“Aren’t you going to tell me who’s the girl who took Jessica from the infirmary?”  See! Damn talkative.

“She’s Henry’s friend, a doctor too, feel like adding another question Miss Tiff?”

“Eh? And how Jessica knows her?”

“That’s the missing part of the story; maybe Jessica can answer you about this one” I replied thanking god that we finally arrived to the 5th floor.

After getting out of the elevator, we led our way directly to Henry’s office; I put my hand on his office’s doorknob praying so hard to find satisfying answers to my questions inside.

Opening the door, we found ourselves welcomed by three surprised faces, Henry and Jessica were sitting facing each other in the sofa which was on the left side of the office, and Taeyeon was standing right next to Jessica, but wait, why does she have teary eyes? Am I imagining things or what? I felt like running to her to hold her tight in order to wipe away her tears, but the way Taeyeon was rubbing her arm made me furious and so uneasy inside, I wanted to scream, yet my voice was suffocated by the love I feel in my chest, the love that put me to places I have never thought I would be in, the love that made me track down answers for my hungry questions.

Tiffany was standing next to me hesitating weather to look at me or at Jessica, so many questions were running inside her mind too, but she just chose to let them inside for the moment.

I closed the door harshly behind me, then stepped towards them with an expressionless face until I am fully facing them; then said;

“I am not letting anyone of you out of here, until you tell me what you are hiding from me…

…You need to tell me what’s happening”

 


 

Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed it.

We were wondering if you guys would like us to add some *cough cough* Feel free to give us your opinion. 

And please don't forget to keep supporting us.

Thank you.