Chapter 3 : Welcome to Korea

For The Sake Of Your Heart

 

Hey lovely readers, here is the 3rd chapter... Enjoy!

 

 


 

 

“Did dad tell you when he is coming back?”Yuri asked her old brother

“Dunno exactly when, but mom said maybe tomorrow night!! Why asking?” answered Henry

 “Guess what?..!my last name is Kwon, just like him, and I happened to be his daughter, means that I have the right to miss him from time to time, that’s why I asked stupid monkey” replied Yuri while taking a bite of her pancake

“Wait, lemme try to laugh at your lame joke… but damn it’s not coming out”said Henry while trying to tickle himself.

She gave him that nauseating look and resumed eating her breakfast

“But sis, you really need to work very hard on your sense of humor”Ironically he added

This time she got up from her chair taking her plate to the sink and totally ignoring her brother’s teasing.

“C’mon you got mad? You know that you are funny, I always have to tickle myself to laugh at your jokes”

“Looks like this plate is going to hug your face instead of being placed in the sink” she said while raising the plate in attempt to throw it at him.

With a scared face he ran to the door and shouted “I’ll be waiting for you in the car to drop you by your school, be quick little Kwon.” and he got out.

“Monkey, I can’t believe he is 6 years older than me…” she mumbled shaking her head out of disappointment.

 

The next day:

 

Jessica’s POV:

 

“Welcome back to your home country darlings” that warm smile on Mrs. Kwon’s face reminded me of my mother’s, I haven’t seen this tenderness since the day she left me without her shoulder to lay on.

The day my mother got pregnant of Krystal I was 4 y.o, I got jealous at first, but as much as my mom’s tummy was getting bigger that feeling faded away and was replaced by excitement. Just the idea of having a little sister sharing my toys with was overwhelming, then it came the saddest day of my life, the day my mother gave birth to Krystal and then passed away because of Hemorrhage. Yes; I was barely 5 y.o but the idea of no more having her in my life or feeling her care led me to put the whole blame on the new born sister.

“Well, girls dinner is ready, I will show you where your room is so you can change your clothes first” with the same tenderness Mrs. Kwon interrupted my train of thoughts while leading us to our new room.

It was pretty fancy; I can tell that Mrs. Kwon has a very complicated yet simple taste of furniture. The painting of the room looks familiar to me, so close to the one I had back in the USA, two beds each one occupying a corner and separated by a closet which obviously me and Krystal are going to share.

Seeing a room as familiar as this one does not give me any feeling but skipping dinner and sleeping for a whole night without minding changing my clothes.

“Actually, we just need to rest, because we still feel sick from that long trip in the plane” I said facing Mrs. Kwon then added “Aren’t we Krystal?”  The latter nodded as a yes.

Without letting the warm smile out of her face, Mrs. Kwon said “Okay! but don’t feel shy to go to the kitchen, If you ever change your mind”

“Don’t worry Mrs. Kwon” I replied then turned my attention to my tired sister who already has chosen the left bed

“Please girls;I would better hear you calling me auntie than Mrs. Kwon” “Good night” she added before leaving the room.

 


 

 

Every night at this time, I woke up so thirsty, and I used to find my father putting a bottle of water next to my bed; right on my nightstand, so I didn’t need to get up and lose more minutes of my sleep. This night and every coming night will be different; he is no longer filling his place. Losing my mother was so hard, but losing the man I consider mom and dad at the same time is much more harder.

I am tired of the ache I am feeling inside my heart every time I recall my memories with him; so I better get up and look for the kitchen to fill my thirst.

 

,I was about to land on my face because of that fancy table, seriously!Didn’t they find another place to put it in other the edge of the stairs?

My short trip to the kitchen has finally ended, and I admit it was hell hard, in one hand because of the dark and the unfamiliar surroundings in the other one.

 

Nice; Now where can I find a glass when all I see is dark, I was looking for the light’s switchers when suddenly

 

 

“It will make it much easier for you to find what youare looking for if you turn the lights on I guess”

The lights are on and a girl my age appeared in front of me. She is a little bit taller than me, with long straight dark hair.

“Oh my god; you scared me; who are you?”

“Shouldn’t I be the one asking you that?” she said while lifting one of her eyebrows, “well, I’m Yuri Kwon, is that answering your question?”

Oh! I just remembered that Mr. Kwon mentioned having a daughter who is one year older than me…

“Sorry!! I was just looking for some water.” I said

Without even answering me, the girl approached me, she was so close I could even feel her breath tickling my skin

‘Seriously, what is she doing?’ I thought to myself before noticing her hand grabbing the empty cup, which was right behind my back, and she whispered

“then, let me help you with that”.

 She filled the cup and gave it to me

“Thank you” I said and started filling my thirst

 

‘Why the hell is she staring at me with that lifted eyebrow again? Dammit!! She is making me so uneasy’ I thought and put the empty glass down where it was at first

“what?” I asked in attempt to know the reason behind the staring.

“I just introduced myself to a stranger in the mid of my family’s kitchen!! Don’t I deserve a proper introduction from you too?” she said ironically

“I didn’t know that scaring someone in the middle of the night is a proper introduction!” I replied with so much desire of putting her eyebrow down to its right place because it irritates the hell out of me.

“At least you know my name, don’t you?”damn , still raising that eyebrow.

“Okay! I am Jessica. Fair enough now?” without giving her the chance to respond, I added “can you make some room for me? I need to go back to sleep” she was blocking my way out from the kitchen.

Without thinking twice she moved and mumbled “of course, princess”

No one can ever imagine how much I hate people calling me that.

“Don’t you ever say that again, my dad was the only person who had the right to call me that?” I said angrily which didn’t affect the calm voice she was using from the very beginning

“Sure, Daddy’s little girl”

I shot her one of my icy glares then headed my way back to my room with a total frustration ‘looks like my journey in this house will be so hard’.

 

 


 

 

Thanks for reading, we hope you liked it. we'are doing our best to update for you everyday, so don't hesitate to improve the story with us using the comments, upvote and susbscribs' sections.