029

Hero
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The curtain was pushed open before Seungwan and Jongdae came tumbling in, with the latter looking like he was trying to hold the both of them back. The former was glaring at all of them, her gaze piercing them like icy daggers.

 

Hyejin could hardly feel Junmyeon’s arm around her anymore. “Seungwan? What are you doing here?”

 

“Trying to get answers to my questions that everyone conveniently seems to be avoiding.” The tone of her voice was evidence that she already got her answers.

 

Junmyeon pulled Hyejin tighter against him, frowning. “We were only trying to keep you safe. You could’ve gotten much hurt than you already are. Remember how you got kidnapped even though you knew absolutely nothing about this?”

 

“Yes, I know that very well,” Seungwan replied, softening a little. “But did it ever occur to you, that as your friend, I wouldn’t have minded? I would rather face danger with all of you than be kept in the dark by myself. That’s what friends are for.”

 

“Friends don’t want their friends to get hurt too,” Jongdae spoke up. “That’s what I’ve been telling you this whole time.”

 

Suddenly, there was a cough coming from the direction of Sehun, who looked quite awkward by himself in the corner. “Should I come back at another time, or…?”

 

He found himself being ignored as Hyejin chose to speak instead. “Let’s just all agree to put this behind us, okay? No more being left out of anything, and we’re all in this together. I’m sorry, Seungwan.”

 

Both girls’ eyes welled up with tears, and in a flash, both of them were hugging each other with choked sobs. Junmyeon found himself flung aside next to Sehun and Jongdae was left hovering awkwardly at the edge of the bed. They hoped that the other patients in the ward didn’t hear the loud gibberish that was supposed to be apologies coming from the girls.

 

After a few moments, the noise stopped and both of them looked suddenly embarrassed, as if they had just realised that there was an audience for the waterworks. That led to some eye rubbing and throat clearing.

 

“So what are we going to do now?” Jongdae asked aloud, after he was sure that everything had died down. “Chanyeol’s gone, the school’s burnt, Sehun is going to get questions for his miraculous healing, and Hyejin’s hurt. Does this mean that the superhero team project is over, or does it mean that someone else is going to take over Chanyeol’s job?”

 

“I think this depends on how Chanyeol leaves the situation,” Junmyeon answered. “If he cleans up after himself or not. The game is up to him now.”

 

Sehun raised his hand. “But what does my super healing have to do with this? How can Chanyeol hyung solve this? I can’t even think of anything myself. What can I tell the doctors? ‘It was a miracle from the heavens’? Same goes to Junmyeon if he gets caught.”

 

“He could always buy your way out.”

 

“Very funny.”

 

“Maybe… you should all just fess up,” Hyejin suggested quietly, staring at Junmyeon. “Tell the head doctor or something that you all have powers, and see where it goes from there.”

 

Jongdae shook his head. “Um, no. Haven’t you seen enough of those movies? We’ll get captured and experimented on by evil scientists. Confessing is never a good idea.”

 

Sehun shook his head as well. “Same here. I’m all for not being tested on again.”

 

“Then what are you guys going to do?”

 

“I’m just going to try and get discharged as soon as possible.” Sehun answered. “The doctors won’t be able to come up with anything other than me healing fast. I only got a few burns when I checked in, right? Maybe I can just wrap them up and try to get discharged.”

 

Suddenly, the three boys sat up straight. Much to the girls’ confusion, Jongdae nervously peeked out the door.

 

“We heard one of the nurses say that it was almost time for them to start collecting the bowls from lunch and start up on the rounds again,” Junmyeon explained. “I think Sehun should get going before we get into more trouble.”

 

“We’ll follow him,” Seungwan offered. “There shouldn’t be too many visitors here anyway.”

 

Jongdae muttered under his breath. “It’s not like they’ll be quick anyway. This hospital is seriously understaffed.”

 

“I managed to get away with what I did because of the lack of staff here,” Junmyeon pointed out.

 

Sehun quickly got up and offered a hasty greeting before hurriedly speeding off with Seungwan and Jongdae following closely behind. That left Junmyeon and Hyejin to themselves.

 

Junmyeon cleared his throat as he nodded towards her food. “You should probably finish that. The nurses are going to come by soon.”

 

“I don’t think I have the appetite anymore.”

 

“C’mon,” he frowned. “You have to eat something.”

 

“I’m just… scared. Like what’s going to happen to all of you? If you get caught, Sehun, Jongdae and everyone will be taken awa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter