023

Hero
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I just updated yesterday, so if you haven't read the previous chapter, please do so! Enjoy xoxo

 

 

Hyejin was glad to see all her friends again after a long time of being away. Seungwan was still a little irked at her from leaving her all alone in her room, but they were still on speaking terms. The both of them were unexpectedly rained with questions by their classmates on what it felt like to get abducted for a few days, and then get saved by a superhero.

 

“Don’t you guys think it’s a little insensitive that you’re bombarding them with questions right after what could be a traumatic experience?” Jongdae burst, after he couldn’t take the crowd of people any longer. “Give them some space.”

 

They were taken aback, but ultimately realised that they were at fault. The crowd soon dispersed, much to their relief. On the other hand, Sehun was distant as ever and he wouldn’t even look at the four of them. Seungwan was clueless as to why he was acting like that.

 

“Hey guys, why is Sehun acting like that?” she asked, gesturing to where he was sitting alone, fiddling with a pen. “Didn’t he just visit us yesterday?”

 

Junmyeon shrugged nervously. “Maybe it’s a personal thing. Don’t get too worked up about it.”

 

Hyejin noticed that he was acting suspicious, so she tucked herself to his side as what a girlfriend would do, in order to distract Seungwan. Now that she thought about it, it seemed like their life as a couple had lots of interruptions. She relished the comfort and security that came with the giddiness.

 

Seungwan eyed them, a small smile playing on her lips. Sehun was already at the back of her mind.

 

“Hey everyone!” One of the girls in class suddenly shouted. “The Park Industries heir is here! I just saw him walk past over there!”

 

Right at once, there was a flurry of people, including Seungwan, pressed up against the windows, hoping to catch a glimpse of the man. However, no one dared to step outside of the classroom in fear of getting caught by the strict principal who was walking together with the said man.

 

Hyejin immediately felt sick to her stomach at the thought of Chanyeol in the vicinity. He was the one who hired people to kidnap her and Seungwan. He was the one who set buildings on fire. He was the one who left her to die of smoke inhalation at his store. He was the one who was threatening both Junmyeon and Jongdae.

 

Junmyeon noticed how she tensed up, and tightened his hold on her. “What’s wrong? You’re all pale.” he whispered.

 

She shook her head before muttering in a wobbly voice, “Chanyeol’s here.”

 

He immediately understood. Threading his fingers through hers, he tried to distract her by changing the focus of the conversation. However, it proved to be ineffective as she was still rigid, eyes glazed over.

 

She shook her head again, interrupting him. “I need to go to the washroom to splash some water on my face or something. I need to snap out of it.”

 

Without waiting for a reply, she headed off to the toilets. She still looked very out of it. Junmyeon, in the meantime, approached Sehun in an attempt to talk to him again. He immediately felt chilly as he stepped closer. It seemed as if Sehun couldn’t control his power at all; anyone could have felt the effects of the wind.

 

“Have you thought about it?” he prompted, rubbing at the goosebumps on his skin. “What do you think?”

 

Sehun frowned. “My opinion is still the same. The only thing I’m confused about is how you would think of Chanyeol hyung like that.”

 

Junmyeon sighed. “Please trust me. He isn’t who you think he is.”

 

“Whatever,” he said stubbornly, standing up and pushing his table. “I need to go use the washroom now. Don’t follow me.”

 

Junmyeon was left all alone, with the rest of the class trying to get a glimpse of Chanyeol. Burying his head in his hands, he prayed that things wouldn’t get more complicated.

 

“Oh, Song Hyejin! It looks like you’re back in school already,” a deep voice was clearly heard as Sehun was walking down the hallway. He immediately stopped in his tracks, pressing himself against the wall. He could tell that what Junmyeon had said sounded very sincere, so eavesdropping would be the best way to deduce the real culprit.

 

Sehun saw Hyejin gasp as she spotted the person she dreaded to see the most. Her face paled even more.

 

“What, cat got your tongue?” he asked, obviously unfazed. “You look like you’re wondering what I’m doing here. If you must know, I’m here to see to the labs, of course. I might even donate a bit more money. Just a little something for the school.”

 

“What are you really here for?” she asked in a whisper. Sehun wondered that too.

 

“What do you mean?” he chuckled, smirking. “Are you suggesting that I’m going to do somet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter