013

Hero
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n- this could potentially be a double update for some people as the previous chp was uploaded yesterday!

 

 

“Hyejin! HYEJIN!”

 

She was slipping in and out of consciousness as she felt someone shaking her. She felt so drained that she had no energy to ask the person to stop. Coughing weakly, she tried to grab onto the person as he or she helped her get out of the room. The person was kind of weak too, but definitely strong enough to haul her out of the flaming place. Strangely enough, she felt much safer in the person’s arms as she was hauled out of the place.

 

Once Hyejin smelt fresh air and was hit by a sudden coldness, she collapsed to the ground. It didn’t hurt as much with the person holding on to her tightly which reduced the impulsive force.

 

was incredibly dry and her vision was blurry from all the smoke and tears. She felt the person try to sit her up while saying her name repeatedly. If she wasn’t in such a panicked state, she probably would have already known who the person was.

 

‘CAN I HAVE SOME HELP OVER HERE?” the person’s deep voice boomed, now confirming that he was a male.

 

She winced at the loud tone and he seemed to notice. He crouched down to her level and spoke to her soothingly. “You’ll be alright in a while, okay? Here, have this.”

 

The man held something over , and the next thing she knew, the scratchiness in was replaced by cool, refreshing water. She gulped it down slowly yet greedily, wanting to get rid of the discomfort as soon as possible.

 

“Um, excuse me?” a woman approached the man from behind, making him turn around to face her. “My son is over there bleeding. Can’t you do something about it?!”

 

Even in her blurry state, Hyejin could tell that the woman was being very rude to the man who probably helped a lot. She thought that he was perhaps a paramedic, if the woman was asking help from him like that.

 

However, what he said next promptly rejected her thoughts. He spoke in a dangerously calm voice. “Madam, I suggest you should go ask one of the paramedics for help. Hye- I mean, this girl here, needs the utmost attention right now.”

 

The lady scoffed. “What kind of hero are you? It seems to me like you make yourself look better than you actually are, Suho-ssi. Choosing to help a pretty girl over anyone else.”

 

Hyejin was more awake now at the revelation, albeit feeling physically drained. The person who saved her was none other than Korea’s hero, Suho. It probably explained why she felt so secure in his hold and how he managed to get her out of the fire.

 

She started to fidget, and tried to sit up straight by herself, causing Suho to tighten his grip. He called out for paramedics some more, sounding slightly more annoyed. The woman left after realising that she wouldn’t get anything out of him, seeing as he was faithfully glued to her side. It was then when she realised that she must have looked very badly affected compared to the other victims if he was that adamant to stay by her.

 

Finally, a paramedic arrived, apologising to her and Suho. He led her through a few breathing exercises to help calm her down and gave her basic treatment. Her vision cleared up slightly, and she could finally see what Suho looked like.

 

She found herself looking at a handsome face, though it was sweaty and dirty, messy hair, and worried eyes. She realised that he actually looked a lot like Junmyeon if he didn’t wear spectacles and styled his hair up. She almost laughed at the absurdity of it all.

 

“Thank you,” Hyejin croaked. “Thank you so much. I don’t know what would’ve happened if no one came to help me.”

 

He smiled softly, (it eerily reminded her of Junmyeon) and smoothed her hair. He didn’t speak, but nodded to show that he understood her. For a few moments, they stayed like that, looking at each other. However, Suho realised that Hyejin was actually zoning out instead of looking at him for real, with her glazed-over eyes.

 

After a while, he realised that this was the longest that he had ever spent at a scene and people were going to find it strange. What more, he was tending to a pretty, young girl.

 

He tapped her on the shoulder twice before getting up, not missing the way she was startled out of her daydreaming. He didn’t even dare to look back to see what her expression was. Thus, with a quick salute to the crowd, he took off out through a window, where no one could follow.

 

-

 

SUHO SHOWS INTEREST AT MALL FIRE

 

It looks like superhero Suho is human too, based on his actions at a recent scene. Our beloved superhero showed blatant interest in one of the victims of the fire in the Exo Mall in Seoul yesterday. A fire broke out in Wolf, a popular clothing store, at about 5.30pm, causing around twelve people to be injured.

 

According to an official, the fire seemed to have stemmed from the inside of the storage space, though there is no definite reason yet. The police are investigating this matter as this is not the first time a building under Park Industries has been under attack. Park Jumin, the owner of Park Industries, has not commented on anything of the matter.

 

This incident is perhaps the first time Suho has stay

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter