024

Hero
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“No, no, no…” Junmyeon, or rather, Suho, muttered to himself when he saw Sehun appear with Hyejin on his back.

 

The both of them were thrown downwards before finally losing consciousness, causing an uproar from the students. He immediately ran towards the both of them, forgetting how he was supposed to be a hero in front of everyone.

 

His heart broke when he saw what they looked like. Hyejin’s face was covered in black marks, save for her tear stains which left the area washed away. Some of her hair was singed off and there were burn marks on her arms, showing the tender flesh underneath. Sehun was slightly better; he had less burns and he looked plain exhausted. At least, he would be able to heal quickly.

 

 Junmyeon remembered how panicked Sehun was when he came back from the toilets, but he had brushed it off. It was so stupid of himself to just assume that Hyejin would already evacuate the place. She wouldn’t have taken so long in the washroom, right? But that wasn’t the case. Chanyeol had yet again hurt innocent people right under his nose.

 

He bent down to separate the two bodies, giving them some air. He brushed some dirt off Hyejin’s face as he held it gently. It was all his fault. If he had only listened to Sehun…

 

Jongdae’s loud voice broke him out of his self-loathing thoughts. “Here! I got two more people!”

 

He was supporting two students on both his shoulders. Luckily, they didn’t seem very hurt, just very shaken up. Some of the teachers immediately rushed over to help ease his burden. They seemed to think that he was using up a lot of his strength just by dragging them to the field. When he looked back over to Hyejin and Sehun, they were already getting some first-aid from some of the students who had Red Cross training.

 

“How could you go back there! All the students have to gather here at the field!” a teacher chided Jongdae. “Rule number one of a fire is that you have to drop everything and go. You should leave the saving to the actual superhero, okay?”

 

Jongdae sent a forlorn glance towards Suho’s way. “Okay.”

 

The teacher softened his voice. “Still, thank you for saving them. We just can’t afford to lose any students, okay? Especially now that we have Suho here.”

 

The sound of the firetrucks were getting louder from outside the school and the principal emerged, into Junmyeon’s sight. He was just somewhere else while everyone was in panic over at the field? But what made his blood really boil was the appearance of Park Chanyeol right after the principal.

 

Chanyeol was dabbing his face with a handkerchief, which Junmyeon remembered seeing usually in the pocket of the principal’s coat. Not wanting to show his anger, he quickly left to help the firefighters with extinguishing the fire. Now that he thought about it, this was going to be the debut of his water abilities. The people had seen him fly before, but never produce water as it had only developed much later on.

 

He roughly bumped Chanyeol’s shoulder as he walked out, sending a glare for good measure. Then, after a thought, he tipped his head over to Sehun’s direction. It only took about two seconds before Chanyeol’s confident smirk turned into a dropped jaw when he realised that Sehun was caught in the fire.

 

Truthfully, Junmyeon felt bad to be doing something like that. However, he assured himself that his actions were practically nothing compared to Chanyeol’s as he made his way to the front of the school. He guided the firefighters to where the fire was strongest and took in a deep breath before pushing his palms towards the front of himself.

 

“Excuse me, Suho sir, what are you doing…?” one of the firefighters asked, staring at his outstretched arms in confusion.

 

He shook his head. “Just point your hose towards the fire, please.”

 

The man complied with an unsure expression on his face. However, the expression immediately changed into one of shock as a huge jet of water sprayed out of the hose. The pressure was so strong that it knocked the man down, and a few other people had to step in and help.

 

Junmyeon was beginning to sweat profusely. It was the first time he had used his power at such a large scale. However, he wasn’t going to stop anytime soon. He gritted his teeth, pushing further in order to wipe out the fire as soon as possible.

 

People were beginning to gather, and they began to chatter and snap photos. It heavily disrupted his attention and it was becoming very difficult to exert more energy. His mind was all over the place; he could even see a huge amount of water from a nearby drain getting summoned up to put the fire out as well.

 

Suddenly, something else broke his attention. This time, it was from inside the school. The water’s high pressure stopped at once, returning to the fire hydrant pressure. Junmyeon winced as he heard Chanyeol’s loud voice shouting in anguish for Sehun to wake up.

 

The people around him were confused. What he heard, to them was just faint background noise. He took the opportunity to rest for a while before getting back into position, slowly stretching his arms out.

 

“Excuse me, Suho sir,” the same firefighter from before stopped him. “But you actually look very tired. Although you’re a superhero and all, there’s a possibility that you might collapse from this. I think it’s best if we handle it from here. You’ve helped us a lot already. Please get some rest.”

 

He only had the heart to protest weakly before heading back to the school grounds to check on everybody and see if Hyejin had woken up yet or not.

 

His heart sank to his chest as he saw her being put onto a stretcher. Seungwan was arguing with one of the paramedics about accompanying her to the hospital. Jongdae, on the other hand, was trying to stop her from making a scene.

 

Junmyeon averted his gaze to a secluded area of the field where Sehun was, and his heart sank even deeper as he saw how frail he looked in Chanyeol’s arms. The youn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter