014

Hero
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyejin was alone, and she hoped she wasn’t loud as she walked along the pavement down a street that the paper had directed her to. She was discharged a few hours earlier, and school was supposed to have just ended. However, the place she was at wasn’t filled with any students. It looked kind of shady, actually.

 

The day before, Seungwan had managed to swipe a piece of suspicious-looking paper from the pocket of Junmyeon’s jacket as he stood up and kissed her goodbye. Everyone else was too preoccupied with the couple’s public display of affection to even notice.

 

Thanks to Jongdae’s inability to lie, she already had the notion that Junmyeon was threatened yet again, and somehow Jongdae was involved too. So, when she noticed the paper that was hastily stuffed into his jacket, she didn’t hesitate to grab it off him when he was unaware.

 

It read: you want to test my patience? It’s strike one. Meet me at our usual in Naesu-dong tomorrow after school. -park

 

The message was short, but enough to let the girls know that it wasn’t some ordinary prank. The word ‘usual’ even meant that this wasn’t the first time. So, Hyejin decided to check out who on earth was threatening Junmyeon, even if it meant going alone because Seungwan had extra classes.

 

Her heart thrummed in her chest. He probably hadn’t arrived yet, as it was just a little while after school ended. On the other hand, she wasn’t exactly sure where they were going to meet up. The message only had the street name.

 

Would the Park guy bring his whole gang? Would Junmyeon? Would a full-blown mafia battle break out? As she walked on, the atmosphere became even eerier and she didn’t feel safe at all but her curiosity was overwhelming. She was that close to finding out what Junmyeon was up to. She dialled 112 and kept her thumb over the screen where she could press at any moment of danger.

 

Just then, she heard voices from a small alleyway up ahead of her. They weren’t trying to be quiet; they must’ve known that the place was usually deserted.

 

There was the unmistakable sound of Junmyeon’s voice. “How could you even go that far?!”

 

“You already got a warning anyway,” the voice that replied made Hyejin almost trip over her feet. It definitely belonged to Chanyeol. “I just did what I had to.”

 

“You’re constantly putting people in danger. For what?! So that I do stuff for you all? Me, of all people…”

 

“And of all people, you came back here to Seoul. You wouldn’t believe how elated Dad was when he knew. One of his first creations, finally back.”

 

Junmyeon laughed bitterly. “His first creation. At what cost? I was never his first creation, you should remember what Uncle did. You’d be heartless if you didn’t.”

 

Uncle?! Hyejin thought, wanting to scream out loud. That must mean they’re related.

 

“Pfft, whatever. Second, third, as long as it floats your boat. We have plenty more left, and if I remember properly, Jongdae must be next?”

 

“Park Chanyeol, if you dare…” Junmyeon growled.

 

“What?” he taunted back. “Don’t think we’ll do it? You guys are all the same, falling apart for a girl. Pathetic. Seungwan, was it? His girl?”

 

“Leave them out of this! You only want me, right?”

 

“Yes, but you’re just too stubborn. And I can’t touch your parents because of some stupid agreement between my dad and Auntie so this will have to do.”

 

“Sehun will get them soon too,” Junmyeon pointed out, in a much quieter tone. “What are you going to do about it then?”

 

Chanyeol chuckled, his once bright tone now sounding ominous. “I won’t have to try. He’d believe me in an instant. But it doesn’t matter right now. Strike two will make its way soon; you’d better watch out for Jongdae, hmm?”

 

“You-”

 

Hyejin slumped down in disbelief against the wall, perhaps a bit too hard. The sound of her back hitting the bricks wasn’t even very loud, but it was enough for the two guys to stop whatever fight they were having and peer over the corner.

 

They were utterly shocked, to say the least. Even Chanyeol, who was usually composed, had his jaw hung open and his eyes as wide as saucers. Junmyeon, on the other hand, ran over to her at once.

 

“What are you doing here?” he asked, helping her off from the ground. She flinched, but didn’t push him away.

 

“What about you?” she eyed him before glaring at Chanyeol over his shoulder. “What were you two fig

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter