012

Hero
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jongdae,” Junmyeon his lips nervously. “We have to talk.”

 

“Okay,” he replied, sounding confused. “Why, is it a serious matter?”

 

“You could say that,” he chuckled despite his nerves. “The thing is… I have superpowers. And you do too, actually.”

 

Jongdae was unamused. “Is this some idea of a prank? It’s kind of lame, actually.”

 

“I’m dead serious. You’ve been experiencing some lighting-related occurrences, right? Like, just out of the blue, something just happens?”

 

Jongdae looked as if he was slapped in the face. It took him a few moments to regain his senses.

 

“Y-yeah. You noticed too? I thought I was the only one.” He breathed.

 

"Do you trust me?"

 

Jongdae nodded, and that was when Junmyeon let it all out.

 

"I'm actually Suho. I can fly and control water, just like how you can control lightning. I got the ability to fly quite a while ago and I just recently got the ability to control water. We're not the only ones either, I'm sure."

 

"Wait. So you mean that we have superpowers? You’re Suho?! Is this even natural?”

 

Junmyeon sighed. "It's not natural. When we were younger, we were gathered and experimented on. But the powers have only appeared now. I'm guessing it's because whatever we were injected with only works after a long time."

 

Jongdae stared at him. "How do you know all this?!"

 

"I can't tell you right now."

 

"Then how-"

 

"You trust me, right? It's more complicated than it looks. What I need you to do is trust me for now."

 

After a long silence, Jongdae nodded. "Alright. So what happens now? Will I still get these kinds of outbursts?! I just don't want any accidents to happen."

 

"Judging from how I went through getting flying and water powers, random outbursts should only last for about a week. You'll probably be able to control your powers by then, I think. But for now, you should just try to lay low and avoid making physical contact unless necessary. I actually stayed home with the flu because of this. It’d be kind of hard to explain why I’m randomly getting stuff wet."

 

"Just like that?" he asked incredulously. "I don't need any special training or practice?"

 

Junmyeon chuckled. "Nah, I don’t think you need any special training. You should practise though, to familiarise yourself with it.”

 

"How come you get two powers, though?" Jongdae actually whined despite the circumstances. "I only have one."

 

"It's not just the lightning. Your senses will get heightened so you'll be able to have a stronger sense of smell and hearing."

 

"Whoah!" Jongdae was full on grinning. "This is so cool! Why didn't you tell anyone? You could get the fame and glory of being a superhero! The both of us could fight crime and everything!"

 

"Things like these... You can't only look at the good side. I can only pray that you won't go through what I have."

 

-

 

"Hey, I need to use the restroom for a bit." Junmyeon snatched the piece of paper off Hyejin’s hands and inched away before bolting out of the room.

 

Jongdae soon followed, muttering about how he needed to pee too, ignoring the worried glances of his female friends. He shot them a wide grin, trying to prove that nothing was out of the ordinary.

 

Once they were outside, he grabbed Junmyeon by the shoulder. "What was that?! You’re being threatened? Who’s Park?"

 

"It was prank," he replied, ignoring the other questions.

 

"Don't feed me all that bull. You're a really bad liar, you know, even with all the secrets that you keep."

 

Junmyeon exhaled deeply before dropping his voice down to a whisper. "It's him. The one who did this to us. He found out that the experiment actually worked and wants to recruit his test subjects back again to use us for his own personal gain."

 

"Then attack him! Or put him to jail! You're Suho, aren't you?"

 

"I can't. He already has one of his own. I'm not sure how far he'll go to get me to join."

 

"Then what are you going to do?! You can't just do nothing!"

 

"I'll just do what I normally do- wait. Do you hear that?"

 

He tipped his head towards the classroom door, urging Jongdae to strain his ears. The girls were talking about them, and with their superhuman hearing, they could hear the rising suspicion in their voices.


“Something weird is definitely going on,” Seungwan sighed. “But I just can’t figure out what it is.”

 

Hyejin agreed. “And it’s not because I don’t trust them, but it’s the fact that none of this adds up. Plus, when did that note even appear? It wasn’t there when I came to class.”


“Does this mean that someone in this room is also part of the mafia?!”

 

There was a pause. “The only thing I can do now is wait for everything to slowly come undone. Nothing this big can be kept a secret for long, right?”

 

“Or,” Seungwan said like it was the most obvious thing in the world. “You could just ask him, right? I mean, he’s your boyfriend. You’re not supposed to hide stuff like these from each other.”

 

Now at the mention of Junmyeon, her voice upped a pitch. “I couldn’t do that, like, what if he’s doing it for our betterment? I trust his judgement, so I know what he’s doing isn’t going to hurt u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter