Dramatic entrance

Intern Angel

"Don't you worry your pretty mind, people throw rocks at things that shine." -Taylor Swift

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Winnie walked through the gates, constantly glancing sideways while trying to keep her head up. She bites her lips as soon as she hears murmurs from the students but looks ahead and tries to keep her cool. The crowd doesn't disperse and instead grows in numbers. The crowd glanced at her distastefully and avoided her like she was a plague or some diesase-spreading alien. I gueess everyone now knows she gets bullied. She hears someone whisper," Isn't she beaten for pretending to be Kyungsoo's sister?", almost too loudly to be a whisper. It seems that the rumour couldn't be stopped from speading to the first-year students. Pathetic.

 

Why can't I be numbed to this pain? Maybe I'm growing to be less humane.

 

The word 'humane' rang in her head. The word draws screams that she had let out in the past, the dark gloomy history clouding her mind. Winnie fumbles for her earpieces and jabs it into her ears. She switches on the first song and luckily, it's a happy and upbeat song. Kai's advice was sort of working when some bad memories faded and the music eased the ache. She pressed the palms of her hands against her ears as she walked further into the school compound. Please don't let me see them. Please don't make this hell gate open again. Winnie prays with her eyes hald-closed, now walking through the hallway towards her class. Amen-Oomphf. Winnie knocked into a tall figure and her lips started to quiver. . Her head still hung low, afraid of what she had to face. After she stepped back, a familiar high-pitched voice resounded in her ears.

 

"So we meet again, mud brain."

 

Winnie paused in her footsteps, contemplating her next move. Before she could even react or apologise, a hand forcefully grabbed her ponytail and yanked her headup. "Answer me dimwit! What are you supposed to say?!" Tears were on the brink of spilling over the edge of her eyes but Winnie tried to blink it away. As much as she wanted, she couln't fight back. Not when she lacked the courage. Putting her pride aside, she mumbles an apology. Despite her muted voice, thankfully, the queenkas forgave her--surprisingly. Winnie thanked her lucky stars in her heart. Almost too soon--she was caught off-guard when the head of the group, Raina spoke again.

 

"Oh right! Do you remember the time before the holidays, you corrected me in front of the whole class and humilliated me? Fun time wasn't it?" Raina spoke with sarcasm dripping from . I should have waited. Winnie was trembling even more than before. It wasn't on purpose but it felt good at the same time. Finally Raina got a taste of her medicine even though there was a price to pay.

 

"Answer me you mute!" Raina's voice screeched, obviously irritated and frustrated.

 

Winnie exploded. She had enough. The trigger in her heart had been pulled, activating a swirl of emotions. "What did you say?! I'm not a mute you-" Slap. A red mark imprinted on her cheeks.

 

Pointing towards the ground, Raina commanded," Apologise! Now!" By this time, a fair amount of pupils had stopped and crowded around them.

 

Winnie stood firm on the groun, not budging an inch. She glared at the inhumane figure while clenching her fists, trying hard not to succumb to the urge to punch Raina's face. No. She wasn't going to be dominated again. During the holidays she had already vowed never to let anyone climb over her head and push her to the ground. Even though she was never and didn't want to resort to such means, but she had enough. It was as if her rage was the power to her courage, now she was going to fight back for her freedom and buy her wings. The old Winnie was now non-existent. No.You aren't going to control me.

 

"What did you say?!"

 

"I said no."

 

"How dare you--Girls!"

 

The other queenkas grabbed her hands and kicked the back of Winnie's knees, forcing her to kneel on the ground. Winnie tried to struggle free but the minions only held onto her wrists tighter. The pain was intense yet soothing. Tears full of hatred and agony trickled down her face, her eyes now puffy from the tears. Raina smirked triumphantly, her face filled with satisfaction but was slightly irritated.

 

"Apologise now sweetie..."Raina bent down to whisper,"before you see the last of the light."

 

Winnied stared at Raina straight in the yee defiantly. Raina backed off a little, surprised by Winnie's tough side that had not been shown before. Although surprised, Riana quickly regained her pose and stepped back with a slight smirk. Trying  to be tough eh? I'll make sure I break you and-

"Yah! Kang Raina! What are you doing?! Thought we never saw?" Kai emerged from the crowd and ran to Winnie's side, behind him was a panting Sehun gasping for air.

 

Raina looked up and put on a masked smile. "What are you saying Kai oppa?" SHe gave her sweetest smile, batting her eyelashes and feigning innocence.

 

"You know what you did Raina. Now leave Winnie alone!" Sehun bellowed at Raina which frightened her. Hushed gasps were heard from the crowd of students and the students broke out in whispers, discussing why the kingkas were protected a nerd. It was the first time no one was Raina's side and the first time ever anyone had seen Sehun so furious. Sehun was never this angry though he was occasionally annoyed at Raina's constant seek for attention but he had mostly brushed it away. With eyes wide and a little fear in them, she huffed in annoyance and walked to the other directions, her minions trailing after her. The two that were previously pushing Winnie to the ground. The crowd of students also started to disperse although it left students murmuring about why the school's kingkas were helping a nobody. Just then, Winnie collapsed, a hand pushing off the ground to support her weight.

 

"Are you okay? Do you want to go to the infirmary?" Kai put a hand around Winnie's petite frame. Sehun just awkwardly looked at Winnie.

 

"No it's okay. Don't make Kyungsoo oppa worry." Winnie belted out forcefully.

 

"You sthure noona? Don't exert yoursthelf." Sehun pulled Winnie into a sitting postition then he and Kai helped Winnie to her feet. Winnie just nodded and trudged across to class alone but Sehun and kai watched cautiously from behind as Winnie staggered from side to side like she was drunk. She walked furhter then walked sideways, banging into the wall. Afterwards, she lost her balance and plopped to the ground, hands clinging onto the wall for support. Kai and Sehun were glancing at her, ready to run to her if she needed help when Winnie tried to assure them.

 

"I'm okay oppa and Sehunnie. Go for your classes." Winnie shooed them with her hand then pulled herself up, hadns flat on the wall. Sehun and Kai stepped back slowly, eyes still glued to Winnie as she staggered to her class. As she turned into the class, she grunted trying to walk properly. Kai chuckled at the sight when Winnie walked like she was in a slow march, bending her knees slowly and straightening to take a step. Sehun slapped Kai in the chest trying to defent Winnie but Kai just broke out into a fit of laughter. As if infected by a laughing virus, Sehun couldn't help but laugh too. The hallways filled with laughter until Winnie closed the class door behind her and then laughter dissolved into chuckels and giggles. The boys suddenly stopped in their tracks when the school bell rings. Afterwards, the two silhouettes race into the classroom, shadows blending in with the dark.

 

[A/n: Sorry I couldn't update any sooner. But here is an extra long chapter to compensate. I will not be updating for a month because I am very busy and need to study! Hugsss~♡ I have exams soon so I'll try to make extra long chapters and update frequently after that and during June :) Haitus date: 15 April to 12 May ]