Runaway

Intern Angel

[WARNING: story contains parts of abusive actions and foul language.]

Not again.

 

Kyungsoo is greeted by the sight of glass shards and crimson drops on the floor leading to the first room-Winnie's. He rushes into the room hesitantly. Shoes still on his feet. He doesn't want to clean up this mess, but he has to. He enters Winnie's room to see a monstrous figure holding a broken bottle in the air and spilling threats to his poor sister-again. Now, he had to save her again. It was such a horrible position to be in-- between his father and stepsister, but he had enough.Enough of bullying his sister and causing them emotional trauma. This was going to stop. 

 

The man he had once called father was no longer what he used to be. So was Kyungsoo. He was sick of this. Running up to his sister, he blocked his father's hand before the bottle could strike again. He pulled the bottle out of his father's grasp and punched him in the eye. In a moment blinded by anger, Kyungsoo charges at the horrid man and pushes him out of the room, locking the door in a swift moment. He then leans his back against the door and slumps. After letting out an exhausted heave, he stood up to toss the broken bottle away. Almost forgetting his sister was still there, he turns to her as she whimpers. His eyes scanned her whole body to examine her condition. It was better than he had expected but the sight was still gruesome.

 

Glass shards pireced into Winnie's skin like a shimmery ocean, crimson bleeding from its ends and a cut the size of a ballpoint pen ran down her forearm. Beads of blood were sprayed all over the floor around her, now smelling like iron. Tears that had dripped from her jawline left a trail alongside the blood trails that had mixed with each other. She was a wreck though a beautiful one. The least worrying fact was that her head was unscathed and it lightened the guilt in Kyungsoo's heart. He shouldn't have left her alone at home again but he had overlooked the situation. It was him who caused this war.

 

He walked to the cupboard and drew out a first aid box. Crouching down, he looked for a particular metal tool in which he spots quickly and raises it in front of his stepsister. Something like a 'It's going to be alright' flashed through his eyes as he peeked at Winnie. The tweezers clawed at the giant fragments in the skin, each glass fragment leaving a cut surrounded by abrased skin. Saying that the pain was like an ant bite was an understatement. Although the pain was out of this world, it was still bearable when Winnie bit onto her lips and clutched onto her pillows for support. After what seemed like forever, the glass fragments were removed and just as Winnie let out a relieved sigh, she winced again at the sudden application of ointment. Kyungsoo looked at her then smiled to himself as he continued. After her wounds were plastered or bandaged, they sat in silence. It was nice. Until Kyungsoo had the urge to break the silence.

 

"Pack all your things by tonight. We wil be leaving at midnight." The situation was going to take a turn for better. Or Winnie and Kyungsoo hoped that it would.

 

Later that night, Kyungsoo helped Winnie to pull her luggage down the last flight of stairs. Tugging the luggages out of the building, Winnie looked back at the rundown building. Then, Kyungsoo took his sister by the hand and left the place and never looked back. The place they had once called 'home' vanished into the darkness behind them. They were finally free. Now spread your wings and fly.

 

[A/n: I hope this story will have its wings soon and take flight. Do comment if you have any expectations or improvments for this story!]