Heaven?

Intern Angel

Winnie opened her eyes, bright light blinding her. She then squints and observe her surroundings. Pale white curtains that complimented the pale blue walls, even a few butterfly murals that decorated the ceiling. Winnie lifted herself off the bed, legs dangling on the edge of the bed. Her body was aching slightly but as she looked towards mirror opposite the bed, she found her skin more transparent and glittery. 

 

What was going on? Winnie couldn't remember anything before she got there and she wasn't quite sure what her body had become. Her body was a little sore as she stood up to explore the room. There was a cupboard full of white dresses and all sorts of dainty white shoes. 

 

Winnie then walked to the mirror that was across the bed. She was indeed paler than before but her skin was more transparent, almost like a thin membrane. She was dressed in a white gown, weirdly, which resembled the hospital gown that she saw in TV dramas. Just that it didn't have a sickly smell of disinfectant. As she walked to admire the curtain patterns, a door opened out of nowhere.

 

A lady with beautiful features appeared before Winnie. Her eyes were round and sparkling, her face was proportional and her long figure screamed perfection. Her brown locks were braided into a fishtail, a gold crown that weaved through her hair. She stepped in gracefully, her white dress gliding across the floor behind her. 

 

Winnie was stunned by the sudden appearance of the gorgeous lady. She quickly regain her composure then turned towards her. Although confused about her surroundings, the first thing came to her mind was who the lady was. 

 

"Who are you?"

 

The lady chuckled and replied with a kind smile, "You must be Winnie. I am the Head of Department of Intern Angels and you are the newest addition to the Intern Angels. Come follow me. The Head Angel wants to see you."

 

Angels? Is this Heaven? Or is this some kind of prank where people popped out of nowhere to scare a victim? Am I some kind of victim to a prank? Winnie's thoughts were interrupted by the lady as she led her out into a light blue corridor and into a light blue, two-storey work station with holographic computer screens. Winnie was in awe, trying to absorb everything she was seeing before her eyes. She strolled behind the so called 'Head of Department of Intern Angels' as she tried not to get lost while admiring the work station. 

 

The holographic screens that were displayed in movies had suddenly been made real. Maybe if she didn't wake up, she would have a chance to get to use this futuristic technology. Winnie then snapped out of her trance, catching up with the lady. As they stepped into another light blue room, an office like setting greeted them. A table with all sorts of documents strewn all over as well as a cabinet filled with all sort of books. A lady sitting on an armchair turned around to welcomed us.

 

Winnie almost fainted seeing how gorgeous the other lady was. If she said the Head of Department of Intern Angels was beautiful, this lady screamed gorgeous from head to toe. She had long black hair with wispy bangs that shaped her baby face. Her violet pupils complimented her black hair and made her skin radiate. Her baby face suited her petite body very well and like the other lady, she was wearing a skin-hugging white dress. Just that the dress was longer and had gold designs of butterflies up the dress. 

 

"Hello Winnie." The lady's voice was like a lullaby. "I am the Head Angel of this place humans like yourself call heaven. You can call me Ariel. The one who brought you here is Nathasia. I think you'll be wondering if this is a dream but it isn't."

 

Oh so they can read minds. Winnie gave a puzzled expression. 

 

"And you are here to be an Intern Angel as Nathasia had told you."

 

Oh angels are real and I happen to be one too.

 

[A/n: YAYYY!! I'm finally updating on time! I hope all of you enjoy this chapter! Hmmm....you gotta wait if you want to know what an intern angel does! :D]