Exhaustion

Intern Angel

"Bastard-"

 

Slap. Another punch.

 

"Filthy, unworthy trash-" Profanities spilling out of Kyungsoo's mouth. His eyebrows creased together as his hands clutched onto a collar. Looking up, he resisted the urge to spit in the giant's face of brown orbs and a cut lip. He couldn't. He just couldn't when his baby sister barely grabbing his leg and begging him to stop torturing the humongous-or rather ex-boyfriend.

 

Wails echoed off the living room walls but pierced through Kyungsoo's heart. The tugging at his legs were like yanks at his heart strings, his urge to beat up Chanyeol was wavering. Biting back his insults, he glances over to Winnie. Her eyes were even redder and puffier than before. Even her posture was the unusual droopy figure-unlike her usual confident poise. Her face's colour drained, her body limp and blue. The heart wrenching sight forced him to give in to his sister. He brushed off Winnie's weak hand and cornered Chanyeol. Pointing an accusing finger into the latter's chest, he spoke with a hiss, "Don't ever come near my sister again. If you do, I will make sure you don't make out of this mess alive."

 

Kyungsoo turned to his siter who now flashed a faint smile and lay on the floor, almost lifelessly. Chanyeol bit his lips as he could only watch helplessly, another mistake not apologising for. Kyungsoo kneeled on the floor and carefully supported Winnie into a sitting position, then throwing her arms over his shoulders. Mustering all the strength he had, he piggybacked her away from the dormitory into a building they barely called 'home'. The disgustingly white walls now surrounding them, eerie tranquility blanketing them. Kyungsoo slowly lay Winnie's now feeble self as her limbs sprawled on the bed, her eyes barely opened. As soon as she was lying on the bed comfortably and was dosing off, Kyungsoo ambled to the kitchen to prepare a meagre a bowl of fish porridge. 

 

Almost an hour later, he went back into Winnie's room with a tray consisting of a bowl of porridge and an array of side dishes. "Wake up baby sister~" Kyungsoo shook Winnie awake and placed the tray on her desk before plopping onto the chair at Winnie's desk. He stared at Winnie as she slowly propped herself onto her elbows. Her hands reached up to rub her eyes groggily. "What time is it?" Her sore voice snapped Kyungsoo out of his thoughts.

 

"Huh?"

 

"Oh...nevermind." Winnie points at the clock muttering, "it's almost 8pm."

 

"Eat quickly before he comes back. I'll lock your room." Winnie slurped the porridge and nodded without glancing at her step brother . Finishing every last bit of her dinner, she let out a satisfied sigh. As she hands over her empty bowl to Kyungsoo, the click of a lock clicked in the background. 

 

"Oh . He's back." Winnie fumbled for the blanket, pulling it over her head as she squirmed into the warmth of her bed. Kyungsoo hurriedly locked the door busy before the other man staggered into the room. A stench of alcohol mixed with a choking ashy smell wavered into the room. Banging on the door for attention, Kyungsoo watches the drunk man speak.

 

"Where is that stupid girl-" He mutters.

 

Then faints.

 

 

 

 

 

A/n: I'm sorry I'm busy but I'll try to update each chapter asap :)