Accident

Intern Angel

  Winnie held hands with her newest best friend Yoora. Winnie gotten really close to Yoora over a few weeks. Now they were on the busy streets of Gangnam enjoying the end of spring with a mini date. She dragged the latter towards a claw machine. 

 

"I want one please?" Winnie pouted at Yoora and pointed at a white bunny stuffed toy cutely. Yoora sighed, trying her best not give in to Winnie but failed. She took out her wallet and slot a few coins into the machine. Yoora then extended her hands, rolled up her sleeves and manouvered the joystick professionally. After one try, she got the stuff toy in her hands and handed it over to Winnie who was staring at it with sparkling eyes. 

 

"Are you that happy that you got that?" Yoora couldn't stand the overdose of cuteness that Winnie emitted. Winnie nodded then held the bunny like a precious jem, nuzzling into it. Yoora smiled to herself, seeing how the girl she used to bully had such a sweet and innocent side. It was a rereshing image amongst the crying scenes in her memories. 

 

Yoora and Winnie walked hand-in-hand into the clothes shop along the street, going into one or two to try out some outfits and laughed at every ridiculous outfit that they pulled off. At the corner of their eyes, they spotted a small ice cream and without hesistation, the duo dashed into the air-conditioned shop for a cooling dessert. 

 

ʕ•ﻌ•ʔʕ•ﻌ•ʔʕ•ﻌ•ʔʕ•ﻌ•ʔʕ•ﻌ•ʔʕ•ﻌ•ʔʕ•ﻌ•ʔʕ•ﻌ•ʔʕ•ﻌ•ʔʕ•ﻌ•ʔʕ•ﻌ•ʔ

 

As they walked in, a wave of frosty scents greeted the duo. The pleasant-looking flavours lured their child-like personalities out, making the two of them look like they were kids again. They carefully held the cup of creamy delights then sat down to enjoy it. Each spoon of delight after each spoon, the girls sat in soothing silence as they watched each other enjoy their ice cream. 

 

Just then, a ringing of a bell turned their attention towards the door. A familiar duo walked into the door and they were kissing. Winnie looked away trying not to be spotted or to be affected by it. However, her heart just seemed to clench tightly and she seemed to lose her breath. Winnie dug into the ice cream, already knowing she had fallen into the depths of despair but she tried to brush the thought away again.

 

Winnie wolfed down the rest of her ice cream as cold tears danced under her eyelids. She in a breath, holding back her tears. Winnie don't. These tears aren't worth shedding for that cheater. She tried to tell herself that but her body was out of control. She grabbed onto Yoora's hand, surprising the other.

 

"Let's leave." Saying it a little too loud. It caught the attention of the other customers. Or rather the only customers besides the both of them. Chanyeol seemed to have noticed Winnie as his eyes widened at the familiar voice. Dragging the confused Yoora out of the shop, Winnie pulled her with all her all her might, trying to escape from her nightmare .  "Chanyeol..." Winnie panted.

 

Yoora was still in shock at what happened so quickly. A moment ago she was just eating her ice cream happily, and a second later she was out of the ice cream store. Yoora stared at Winnie as the other crouched down and covered her face. Winnie started to sob suddenly and it left Yoora at a loss. Yoora awkwardly pat Winnie's back, trying to imitate what Winnie had done on the rooftop. 

 

Just then, Chanyeol had sprinted out of the ice cream shop. Chanyeol looked frantically for Winnie only to find her sobbing away. Chanyeol went up to the duo and bent down to pat Winnie's back.

 

"Winnie let me explain please..." Chanyeol tried to reach out to her but Winnie shove him aside and stood up. 

 

"I don't need to hear your explanation. Stop lying to me!" Winnie backed away then took off, running far away from the shop aimlessly. Chanyeol couldn't let this get into the way of their relationship being salvaged so he ran after her. Yoora, on the other hand, was so confused by the drama that she just stood rooted to the ground.

ʕ•ﻌ•ʔ

Winnie just kept sprinting, not looking where she went. She just kept running without stopping, even if banged into others. After running for a while, she stopped to regain her breathes thinking she lost Chanyeol on the way. 

 

Winnie began walking but a sharp pain pierced her head. Black spots began to take over her vision. She staggered across the sidewalk, too sick to even care about the angry passer-bys. She walked on , though, aimlessly. Unknowingly, she step foot onto the road and before she could respond, a car crashed into her. The loud bang caused the passer-bys to freeze and run to the girl's rescue. The impact had also sent the girl flying several metres from her spot, her head now spewing crimson liquid as she lay lifelessly on the road. The impact cause Winnie to be dazed as strangers gathered around her, trying to help her, but the blood kept spewing and her vision was narrowing. Just before she lost consciousness however, she heard a voice faintly calling out for her...

 

A/n: Sorry this took so long but it's up now! I didn't read through because I haven't been updating frequently and I didn't want anyone to wait. This chapter is pretty long that's why I took so long. So sorry but hope you enjoyed!