Reluctancy

Intern Angel

I was so lazy I really didn't want to update...zzz but I got to. For you guys that read this book. FOR THE FUTURE OF MY BOOK! Sorry sorry too much of a dramatic entrance. On with the story :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Warning: Mentions of violence]

Winnie inserted another splendid-flavoured ice cream into as she kicked her legs joyously into the air. They were now sitted at Baskin Robbins and Kyungsoo was slightly relieved that Winnie's rough storm of emotions was over. He slouched further into his chair while his sister was still excited over her cup of ice cream. Only because today was Kyungsoo's day off that they could be together enjoying the light breeze while basking in the warmth of the afternoon sun. Minri couldn't make it as she had a hair styling duty to do for Girl's Generation's comeback stage. However, despite the fact that Minri and Winnie had only known each other for a week, they were closely bonded--almost as if they were biological sisters.

 

Kyungsoo watched his sister gleefully the ice cream off the spoon to break out into a smile again. He pondered over what his sister like a lot but realised that besides her love for ice cream, he knew nothing about her at all. The first thing he had in mind was her school life. Not hesitating,  he asked. However, as soon as Winnie heard the word 'school', her child-like smile was replaced with a grim one. High school hadn't been what she thought it would be. She had expected it to be a place for escaping from the wraiths of her father, but it didn't seem so. Unlike what she had seen in dramas, school was another gateway to hell for her. Not only was there tons of homework, it also made Winnie insecure about herself. Even before she went to high school for her first day, rumour had already spread amongst the students.

 

Rumours that she was Kyungsoo's sister.

 

It is true that she is Kyungsoo's sister. However, afterwards people had started to question her to ask if she really was Kyungsoo's sister. True that they barely looked alike aside from the fact that they shared the same doe-like eyes.Since Kyungsoo's father was a single parent, he had married Winnie's mother after her parents divorced. Although Winnie was techinically a family with Kyunsoo, she wanted to have her mother's surname instead. Lawfully, they were siblings but people surrounding them never believed it. A nerd is the sibling of a Kpop star? Yeah right. Despite the various hate comments people shot at her, she chose to ignore it, thinking that the situation would improve. Much to her dismay, the situation worsened. The queenkas of the school summoned a group of girls to beat her up. EVery week, a different group came so she had no idea who it was going to be next. Also, each time when they beat her up, they would take a video of it to show the queenkas. Though it may sound cliche, but it was agonising. They knew exactly where to hit to make it unknown.Her stomach was their favourite spot but occasionally, the bruises would travel down to her thighs. However, everytime she goes home, the other gateway of hell greets her and she forgets everything that happens at school. That's why Kyungsoo never knew that she gets bullied at school. Now it was her turn to break the promise.

 

But she souldn't just tell him the truth. What if she had to worry him? Just a lie. Just one to cover up another. Nevermind the consequences--she'll deal with them later.

 

"School is difficult...but I think I can cope for now." It wasn't that much of a lie. It was half of the truth which isn't that bad. Winnie thinks that she can cope for another 2 years of bullying before graduating high school. Or she thinks she can- for now. Kyungsoo nods his head in acknowledgement then replies, "If you face any problems, come to me okay? I'll try my best to help." Winnie hums in reply. I'll try. Winnie continues her day thinking about how she was going to face hte bullies in two days-after the school break ends. 

 

Oh boy. What a headache.

 

The rest of the two days passed by like a breeze. The holidays ended and the new school term approached. A new term, a new start. Thats what Winnie told herslef. Although there wasn't a tint of hope that the bullies would turn over a new leaf, she still hoped that they would just treat her better. Just maybe. Her shoulders slumped as she walked on the pavement with Kyungsoo beside her. Kyungsoo leaned forward and turned his head towards Winnie, trying to figure out why Winnie had been so quiet since breakfast. Winnie glances to the her left and realises what Kyungso was trying to do. Thinking quickly, she smiles at him trying to shake off her brother's curiosity. Seeing that her sister seemed happy, he brushes his worries away and continues walking her to school. As they approached the school, they pause in their footsteps and Kyungsoo pulls Winnie into a hug.

 

"Oppa..won't people spot us? What if you get caught?" Winnie hung her head low trying to avoid being seen with an idol. Kyungsoo chuckled at her embarrassed actions.

 

"It's okay. If you have anything that you are worried about, you can tell me okay?" Kyungsoo drew circles on his sister's back. Afterwards, Kyungsoo released Winnie from the hug and pushed Winnie encouragingly towards the school gate. Gathering courage, she walked towards the school gate.

 

Winnie looks over her shoulder once more at Kyungsoo. I guess this is where we say goodbye. Please don't make this more painful than it should be.

 

[A/n: Hey guys! Sorry for not updating earlier because I had no time but I should say that this is the fanfic with the most chapters that I've written. I guess it's because no one really reads my fanfic. I don't know what spurred me on but I guess the 6 subscribers that I have are the ones that have encouraged me to keep on writing. I'm not sure if my plot or vocabulary is kind of ty but please do comment if you think I can improve! Thanks so much for reading and look forward to the next chapter! PS: I'm really good at writing abusive stuff so get yout hearts ready ;)]