Rooftop buddies

Intern Angel

"Sehunnie!!" Winnie ran to Sehun with arms opened, engulfing Sehun in a big hug. However, Winnie, only being as tall as Sehun's chest, looked like a child hugging an oversized stuff toy. Swaying a little from side to side, Winnie huddled into Sehun's chest. Winnie was so elated to see Sehun again that she totally forgot that she was in school. She quickly let go upon realisation and looked up towards Sehun. Sehun's cheeks were a little red, a shocked expression was supressed.

 

"Noona, are you eating with usth today?" Sehun ruffled Winnie's ponytail. 

 

"No. I'm bringing my lunch to the rooftop today!" Winnie flashed a smile then held Sehun's hand in hers before letting go when she reached the staircase leading to the rooftop. They waved each other goodbye and parted.

-

Winnie jumped up the last flight of stairs, skipping towards the end of the rooftop. As she walked around the large pots of bushes, a muffled cry came from amongst the large pots. That's strange. She reached out and pushed the bushes apart, sliding into the bushes with her side pushing forward. After almost an endless scour for the centre, Winnie held her lunchbox close to her chest when she finally came out into the open again. A lanky girl tucked in her legs and crouched over, head resting on her arms. Her shoulders jolted up as she sobbed silently. As Winnie approached her, she stopped in her tracks when she realised that it was one of the queenkas. Yoora. The girl seemed to notice a looming figure as she tried to muffle her sobs.

 

"Go away." Her voice was hoarsed.

 

Winnie stepped back slowly, unsure of whether to comfort Yoora or to leave her alone. Winnie never knew this side of Yoora. The Yoora she knew was usually the nasty girl that suggested her punishments. Winnie never thought that tough people could cry. Especially not the one who made her life miserable. Why would a bully be crying? Aren't they all contented with their 'great work' leaving students with low self-esteem? Where did this confidence go?

 

"Yoora...why are you crying?" Winnie whispered. 

 

"Go away! I said go away! I want to be alone." Yoora mumbled the last part of the sentence.

 

Yoora started to sob again. She rocked her body back and forth trying to comfort herself. Winnie bent down beside her, hand sticking out, hovering over Yoora's back hesistantly. Then, she put her hand on Yoora's back, rubbing in soothing circles. After her sobs quietened, Winnie then glanced  towards something that made her giggle.

 

"What."

 

"Your eyeliner is smudged hic- and you look like hic- a panda!" Winnie almost burst out laughing.

 

"What?! Winnie?" Yoora looked up and her voice turned sour upon seeing Winnie. "What are you doing here? Didn't I tell you to go away?!"

 

 

"But-"

 

"No buts. Just go." Yoora scowled. The atmosphere turned cold, awkward silence seeping into it. Yoora turned her body away while Winnie lowered her head, staring at the floor. Could nothing be done to get Yoora to accept Winnie as a friend? Was she such a loser that even she couldn't change the latter's impression of her?

 

"Do you really not want to tell me? I won't tell anyone. I swear-"

 

"Go away! You are really annoying aren't you!"

 

"You can't bottle it all up. You're bound to break down..." Winnie looked reluctantly at Yoora, hoping she would be persuaded. As she heard no reply, she turned to walk away.

._. ♡

A/n: YAYY finally got some inspiration and I could finish this chapter but there is a part 2 to this ;) Do you think Yoora is going to stop Winnie? Hehehe it will be revealed in the next chapter. Sorry for not updating this so quickly too ><