My Answer

I'm In Love With The Captain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]19[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]My Answer[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]It’s Monday again, that day of the week that everyone hates. “Hyorin! Come down quickly!” I yelled at my lazy cousin who was still upstairs doing— God knows what she's doing upstairs.

 

“Wait!” She came down ten minutes later looking like she wanted to take a walk to the mall. “Excuse me miss, are you going to the mall?” I asked sarcastically. 

 

“Nope. I’m going to impress Johnny.” Hyorin hummed. I could only shake my head in disbelief upon hearing her excuse.

 

“Eat you breakfast because we’re running late.” I warned her and proceed to wash my dish. See, I'm an early bird. 

 

“You know, I’ve been observing you yesterday and you looked like you’re having some hard thoughts.” I turned around and stared at her.

 

“Observe? So, you’re a scientist now?” I chuckled. “No, I’m being serious, Woori.” Well, she did sound serious and this rarely happened. 

 

I took a deep breath. I should just probably ask for her opinion, right? As girl to girl. “I don’t know if I should tell you this but please, just please keep this as a secret. Not even my mom should know, okay?”

 

“Okay.” Hyorin simply answered. 

 

“So, Taeyong confessed his feelings to me.” I was waiting for her reaction but nothing. Nothing at all.

 

“Why aren’t you reacting?” She smirked, “I’m not stupid. I know everything.”

 

“H-how?” The smirk was replaced by a smile. “I just knew it. What do you call it again?”

 

The light bulb seemed to turn on, “Oh, instinct!”

 

“And you didn’t give your answer yet?” She brought the plates to the sink and stood right beside me.

 

“No and I—“ I paused. “I like him but as a friend.”

 

“I knew it!” Hyorin’s voice sounded a bit more high-pitched, meaning she was excited.

 

“Listen, just tell him about how you feel and I guarantee he will understand everything. I mean he’s a nice guy.” For the first time in my life, I could rely on her suggestion.

 

“But, I don’t want to hurt his feelings.”

 

“Girl, just because you reject him doesn’t mean that you are hurting his feelings. You’ll hurt his feelings even more if you don’t give him an answer and act like you like him too. It’s called giving false hope.” Wow. That was one wise advice.

 

“Okay then. I’m going to tell him about my feelings.” I stared at Hyorin, “today!”

 

“And don’t forget…” My face turned confused. “What?”

 

“To tell Jaehyun ‘I love you’!” Hyorin quickly grabbed her bags on the dining table and ran to the door.

 

I took a spatula and was ready to hit her, “Yah!”

 

I couldn’t catch up because she ran outside the house already. “That’s what couple usually does.” Hyorin yelled. 

 

I sure will kick this girl's later.

 

---

 

 

Break time, the only thing that kept me going at school but now I couldn’t even move from my seat. Not even an inch.

 

Park Woori! Just make up your mind already! It’s now or never.

 

I stood up from my seat, marching from my classroom to Taeyong’s.

 

“Hey, cockroach!” I didn’t bother to take a look at Jaehyun because I’ve made up my mind and I’m going to finish my business with Taeyong first. “Not now.” I yelled, not even stopping my track.

 

I calmed myself down and took a deep breath. “Taeyong, can we talk?” He looked at me and nodded his head before leaving the class.

 

“Let’s talk at the rooftop.” I suggested. No, it’s nothing weird. It’d just be a bit more private.

 

“Sure.” I’m sure Taeyong got my signal and he knew I’m about to give my answer.

 

The whole time I was climbing the stairs, I kept thinking the right words to start. It was unbelievably hard.

 

“So, we’re here.” Taeyong said with a small smile. “I’m going to give my answer.” I bluntly said.

 

He remained silent but his eyes were on me all the time. “First of all I just wanted to say that you are a great friend. You are very nice and also gentle. This past few days, I have think about it and I just felt there’s something weird happening to me.”

 

I stared at him deeply, “I’m sorry but I think I can’t accept your feeling, Taeyong.” That was it. I’ve laid my answer on the table.

 

“I know.” He answered with a smile on his face. A very sad smile I’d say.

 

“I can’t force you to feel the same, Woori. But, at least you know how I feel about you.” Taeyong smiled. This time it was not a sad smile. It was rather a relieved smile.

 

“I hope we can still be good friends.” He put his hand on my right shoulder.

 

I nodded, “Of course.” I gave him a big hug. I felt like a weigh had been lifted off my shoulder but little did I know, I got something heavier than this.

 

---

 

I didn’t what happened during break time but when I got back to class, Jaehyun was acting differently. He was avoiding me and this was not normal. I tried to talk to him or ask him about the lesson but he didn’t bother to respond.

 

When the second break time arrived, he didn’t go to the canteen like he usually did, instead he slept inside the class. I was taken aback by his sudden change.

 

“Jaehyun.” I called him but he remained the same.

 

“Are you mad or something? Did I do something wrong?” He finally looked at me. “No.”

 

See! He was dodging my question!

 

“If I did something wrong, I’m sorry.” I said. “You did nothing.” He growled.

 

Wow, okay. It’s quite scary. I didn’t dare to open my mouth after that.

 

The last lesson of the day and I couldn’t focus at the teacher or what she’s explaining because of this person behind me.

 

“Park Woori, please answer question number four.” Right there and then I froze. I didn’t know which page we were in.

 

“Park Woori, did you even pay attention t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter