Thunderstorm

I'm In Love With The Captain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]15[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Thunderstorm[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]“Bye, dad! Bye, mom! Have a wonderful vacation!” I hugged my mom tightly. Right now, we’re on the airport sending our parents off to Jeju island.

 

And by we I meant me, Jaehyun and Taeyong. Oh and also Hyorin.

 

“Have fun!” I waved my hand one last time before they disappeared into the boarding gate.

 

“Woori, can we go now? I’m not feeling well.” I diverted my gaze to Hyorin. “Are you okay?”

 

“I’m fine it’s just that I’m quiet dizzy.” She massaged her forehead.

 

“Do you want to go home now?” Taeyong asked and I nodded. “Let’s go home together then.” He said.

 

I looked over at Jaehyun and I was right, he looked a bit… jealo— angry.

 

“Jaehyun are you coming or what?” His eyes moved to Taeyong and I took a few steps back just to stand beside him. “Are you still jealous?”

 

He looked like he was caught in the act. He widened his eyes before staring at me. “What?! NO!”

 

I really want to laugh right then and there but it wasn’t appropriate to laugh real loud in public area. “Then let’s walk together.” I suggested.

 

---

 

Thank goodness we weren’t stuck in traffic or else we won’t be home by now. I looked at my phone and realized it was already twelve in the afternoon. Time for lunch!

 

“Bye, Woori! I you need something just text me or maybe call me.” Taeyong said while making a gesture of calling someone. “Sure. Bye!” I replied.

 

Jaehyun quickly took my attention by clearing his throat. “Call me instead. My house is closer.” I smiled at his reaction.

 

“I am sure that Woori will call both of you. Have a great afternoon!” Hyorin pulled me inside my house and slammed the door.

 

“That was close.” She said. “What was close?” I asked.

 

“Your face was slowly turning red when Jaehyun told you to call him! You almost embarrassed yourself!” I touched my cheeks and yup, they were hot.

 

“See!” Hyorin walked toward the sofa in the living room and patted the empty spot beside her. “Come and sit.” She turned the TV on.

 

‘There is an 85% of chance that a thunderstorm will hit Seoul tonight. We suggested everyone to stay at home for safety.’ I read the news on the TV.

 

“You obviously like him.” Hyorin suddenly stated. “Who? What?” I was startled as I was not paying attention to Hyorin. “You know who I’m talking about.”

 

Hyorin stood up from her seat, “Anyway, I’m not feeling well. I will go and take a nap.”

 

“Do you want to eat first?” She shook her head. “I’m not hungry.” Little did I know, that was my first mistake, not forcing her to eat.

 

---

 

“Hyorin! Your body is very warm! You’re having a fever!” I panicked. Mom and dad were not here and I’m the only person in the house.

 

“Shh, you’re overreacting, Woori.” Her voice was hoarse.

 

I looked outside the window and the sky was not as bright as usual, even though it was still 3.40 p.m. I guess there will really be a thunderstorm tonight.

 

“I’m going to cook porridge for you. Wait for a while okay?” I said before leaving the room and head to the kitchen.

 

I opened the fridge door and took out some veggies. I cut them up into pieces before boiling the water on the ceramic pot. My first attempt on cooking a bowl of porridge was a failure. An embarrassing failure.

 

The porridge was way too salty. Too much salt.

 

I brace myself for a second attempt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter