The Aftertaste

I'm In Love With The Captain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]17[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]The Aftertaste[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]“Gosh! I still can’t believe my eyes!” Hyorin clapped her hands. “It’s so exciting!!”

 

We were in Hyorin’s room now. Neither Jaehyun or I had spoken a word. We were busy with our own thoughts.

 

“Aren’t you guys supposed to say something? I mean like, you guys just KISSED!” She then clapped her hands while laughing.

 

She was adding fuel to the awkwardness and it was not helping at all!

 

I took a deep breath and stood up, facing Hyorin. “Say what?”

 

And then another voice behind me said the same thing, “Yeah, s-say what?”

 

Did Jaehyun just stutter? Shoot! I really wanted to laugh but it was not the right time.

 

“Relax, there’s nothing to be angry about! We should probably celebrate this. Party time!”

 

I couldn’t stay in this room anymore. My blood was boiling like crazy.

 

“Anyway, why did you scream?” I finally got the hang of myself.

 

“Well, I played this game and I was about to score a new high score, but sadly I didn’t see the enemy was coming and I lost.” Hyorin’s face was sour.

 

“I thought something happened to you!” Jaehyun butted in. I guess he was mad too.

 

“Not my fault though. It’s your choice to run or not.” Hyorin stuck her tongue out.

 

I couldn’t argue with Hyorin anymore. “Whatever. I’m in the kitchen if you need something.” I said before leaving the room.

 

I made sure I pass the living room area quietly because Taeyong was sleeping. Since I’m going to stay in the kitchen for a while, should I cook some ramen? Yes!

 

I took the mini portable stove, which was sitting on the corner of the kitchen for months and put the gas in. Hm, what can I add to my ramen?

 

Eggs and tteok would be enough. My stomach couldn’t wait for the ramen to cook.

I’m starving!

 

Beside my hungriness, something I couldn’t get rid from my mind was the kiss. Aish, it felt weird to say the word kiss. Never in my life I imagined my first kiss would be Jaehyun.

 

And why must my first kiss be an accident? I had always wanted my first kiss to be special like in the drama! Okay, I know it’s not the right time to think like this but gosh, it kinda broke my heart a little bit.

 

“What are you cooking?” I was startled. “Oh? You’re awake.” I whispered. “Did I wake you up?” Taeyong shook his head.

 

“I’m cooking ramen. Do you want some?” I asked. “Sure, if you’re cooking it for me.” He chuckled. “I’m the chef.” It was kind of embarrassing to say that because I didn’t know how to cook anything except for ramen, fried egg and……water.

 

I opened another pack of ramen and boil it with the one inside the pot. “I’ll take the kimchi out from the fridge.” Taeyong said when he noticed I was about to stand up.

 

“Thanks. I didn’t know you could read people’s minds.” I joked. “Well, maybe it’s because I always take the kimchi out while waiting for my ramen to cook.” He smiled.

 

“It’s almost done.” I opened the lid and stirred the ramen. “Anyway, the monthly exams are coming, do you want to study together?” Taeyong started the conversation.

 

“E-eo?” I looked at him. “Sure.” It was nice being friend with him but I kept on remembering the day he confessed.

 

I still didn’t have any answer for him. It’s just that maybe I just view him as friend?

 

“Anyway, I’ve been thinking a lot about ‘that’ thing.” Taeyong scratched the back of his head. He was nervous, I could feel that.

 

I suddenly felt nervous too when he started to talk about ‘that’ thing. His confession.

 

“Can I have my answer now?” It felt like the lightning struck me. What should I say?

 

Well, he’s handsome and all ,but it’s just something in me that held me back. I didn’t know what was it but it was holding me back from giving him the answer he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter