Chapter VIII: Time and Changes

Say you won't let go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

6 years ago

Jeongyeon had often see that girl, Nayeon-- as everyone would call her having this silly grin on her face or lighting up the whole hallways with her bright aura. She's a girl everyone loved.
Jeongyeon knows that their completely different yet somehow since she saw her crying on the streets that night, she always had her eyes on her. They passed by each other like nothing happened but a part of Jeongyeon had changed. 

Regardless, Today was bit different from the normal 'Nayeon'. She was smiling of course-- but it doesn't reach her eyes, it wasn't that lovely genuine smile Jeongyeon always stared at. 

"who are you staring at, unnie?" Chaeyoung asked jeongyeon as she looked over to see who's the latter so focused, only to see it was actually Im Nayeon standing near by the lockers with two other students.
 "Oh.. Im Nayeon?" Chaeyoung turned to jeongyeon and smiled slyly. 
"w-what?" Jeongyeon said as she rubbed the back of her neck and averted her eyes, "I'm looking at nothing."
"Look who's guilty." Chaeyoung chuckled, "You have a crush on her?"

"Heck N-no! I mean we're both girls!" Jeongyeon answered hesistantly.

"yeah and so? stop acting like you're straight." chaeyoung laughed.

"Well.. uh.. we're different, and i'm just curious!" Jeongyeon said.

"ahh.. wae?" Chaeyoung asked as she furrowed her eyebrows looking at Nayeon.

"Nothing, she just looks a bit down today."

"She's laughing though." Chaeyoung though.

"hey hey, what's happening here?" Sana came towards them and asked the younger, putting her arms around the smaller.

"hyung said that Nayeon looks a bit down."

"jinja?" Sana tilted her head, "Ya! Im Nayeon!"

Jeongyeon sitffened up as Sana calls her and almost covered her up but tried to act cool. Nayeon turned her head and look at them and gave her usual friendly smile, "what is it?"

"Jeongyeon here!" Sana shouted poiting on Jeongyeon, "Yoo jeongyeon--"

Because of how visible Jeongyeon's nervousness at that moment, Chaeyoung can't help but laugh. Jeongyeon pinched her secretly as she stayed quiet and awkwardly stand there as Sana kept on pointing at her and Nayeon, including two girls she's with, is staring at her.

"This jeongyeon thinks you're a bit down today!" Sana exclaimed.

Nayeon froze a bit--- as if, Jeongyeon hits the bull's eye, she looks at the latter. No one had ever noticed how she felt down, she thinks she had it covered up, why does jeongyeon can see through her?

Sana chukled and pats Jeongyeon, she leaned down as whisphered to the football captain, "Say some encouragement."

Jeongyeon didn't falter though as Sana exclained for everyone to hear, "Jeongyeon will say words of encouragement to you."

"W-what?" Jeongyeon really wnat to beat Sana up.

"What is it?" Nayeon asked as she smiled kindly looking at Jeongyeon, and as they make eye contact, jeongyeon averted her eyes feeling her cheeks burning up.

"Come on tell her!" Sana laughed.

Jeongyeon looked down as she quietly but audibly said, "Cheer up."
 

XX-----------------------------------XX

 

"Mina!" The three turned around when they heard a familiar voice coming towards them, "and Nayeon?"

"that's Nayeon-unnie for you, you punk." Nayeon said as she scolded the person who just arrived, who is none other than Chaeyoung.

"What are you three doing here?" Chaeyoung smiled, "Can I Join?"

"We're not really doing anything..." Mina answered, who looked a bit uncomfortable by seeing chaeyoung.  The latter can't even look at Chaeyoung's eyes anymore.

"Oh come on! Can't i join? Treat me for some chocolate fudge unnie." Chaeyoung chuckled as she sat comfortably next to Mina who scooted a bit further because being near chaeyoung takes all the air she breathe.  Mina turned a bit awkward but not really obvious but still, Momo can't help but notice the difference. 

"so who's this?" Chaeyoung said smiling to a unfamiliar person sitting beside Nayeon. She's quite pretty on Chaeyoung's opinion.

"I'm Momo. Mina's cousin, please to meet ya." Momo said introducing herself.

"Oh, it's your cousin Mina-unnie?" Chaeyeoung said facing mina, "You're not alike at all."

Mina smiled without saying anything as thoughts runs through her head. Thinking why Chaeyoung's acting so normally-- as if nothing ever happened that night.

Nayeon scoffed because of the awkward silence and faced Momo, "you know what? Chaeyoung is Jeongyeon's sister!"

Momo raise her eyebrows as if realizing something. "oh really?"

"yeah, don't they resemble each other a bit." Nayeon chuckled, "But i swear, their sense of humor are the same-- they're both dorky and a lot of times, they laugh on their own jokes."

"Who are you thrash-talking?" it was then they saw Jeongyeon a few steps away from their table who's wearing a gray hood and ripped pants. The newly-arrived person came towards them and greeted, "Chaeyoung, Nayeon, what are you all doing here?"


"Jeongyeon!" Nayeon beamed upon seeing Jeongyeon. No one could ever deny that that was the face of someone in love.

"What about you though bro? what are YOU doing here?" Chaeyoung asked.

It was then Jeongyeon pointed on Mina, "Coming for her."


It was then Chaeyoung swallowed a bit and lowered her head. 'Yeah of course, kind of forgot about that' She thought. It was the same reaction coming from Nayeon too, and of course, Momo finally realized what's going on.

"Let's go?" Mina asked as if in a hurry to go. She can't stand being near chaeyoung naymore. She felt restless, nervous and undescrible feeling keeps surfacing. It was a relief to see Jeongyeon.

"Why don't you both stay first? I want to get to know your girlfriend Mina." Momo smiled, mischievously.

"um... who's this?" Jeongyeon asked as she turned to face her finally. It was then she saw how Momo's arm is placed behind Nayeon's chair. Then she have this gut-feeling that there's something else going on. 

"She's my cousin. Momo, this is Jeongyeon."

Momo then smiled slyly. It was confirmed, 'Jeongyeon' was the girl Nayeon is crying over. She was the giver of the ring.

"It's nice meeting you." Jeongyeon politely answered, "But we should get going."

"I should be going too." Chaeyoung said.

"Oh well, it's fine then. Nayeon and I can have a date here." Momo chuckled looking at Nayeon as she pats her head and glanced a bit on Jeongyeon's way.


It was that moment as if an alarm was set to burst out in Jeongyeon's mind. As if it's alerting her of someone that might take away something important to her.

"Just kidding!" Momo laughed. 
Nayeon laughed but all of them stopped, as if their holding their breathes.
"but seriously, Momo stop being flirty out of habit." Nayeon groaned, "It ain't funny."
"aww, you judge me too much." Momo said pouting.

"whatever." Nayeon said giggling.

"why is everyone gathered here?" Jihyo said who came in walking towards them. There's awkwardness and tension in the air as she walked in. 

"what are you doing here too?" jeongyeon asked.

"I'm coming with Nayeon, i was supposed to meet her." Jihyo said.

"why?" 

"None of your business Lol just kidding, i'm supposed to invite her to go shopping.... since you know, i'll be inviting you all to the beach~!" 

"say what" Nayeon said, "You know i don't like swimming!"

"oohh! i love the beach!" Chaeyoung beamed, "The sun, the waves, sand castles!!"

"and campfires!" Jihyo said, "and you know my birthday is coming. so I want you all to come. and that chick can come too." 

Jihyo pointed on Momo, "can you?"

Momo looked  at Nayeon and smiled sheepishly, "I would love to come."

 

and Jeongyeon didn't liked the idea just as she didn't like Momo.

 

XX--------------------------------------------------XX

The waves, the sun and the fresh breeze. Nayeon hates swimming but she loves the atmosphere, the air and the ambiance. It's calming, and refreshing as if she's escaping reality. 
They just arrived on the beach after unpacking their luggage on the hotel. Of course, it's Jihyo's celebration together with the same troupe with some new girls--- somi, Momo, Jihyo's littler sister, natty and their twin cousins, Chaeyeon and Chaeryeong. 

Nayeon doesn't like swimming since she's younger but there's always some good memories regarding it. When she closes her eyes, she remembered that one time, when Jeongyeon and her went to the beach. As she close her eyes, it was so vivid. The feeling of water on her foot, the sun kissing on their skin and the heat on their palms entwined and the way water splashes over her face as the sound of Jeongyeon's laughter echoed. She close her eyes as she sigh deeply, remembering those happier days. So many times, Nayeon had hated time-- the time which can't be turned back. 
As she looked on the right, she saw Mina and Jeongyeon walking side by side on bay. They look so perfect together-- as if aesthetic, a form of photography or a scene in the movie.

 

As she stayed  just observing, she saw Sana and Tzuyu playing and holding hands by the sea and of course, everyone could see how happy they are. Nayeon knew all this time that Tzuyu has feelings for Sana. of course, it's because Tzuyu is usually evil and savage yet turned soft and gentle to Sana.   A bit more, Jeongyeon and Mina came running back to them-- with a dog.

"Look, It's a golden retriever!" Jeongyeon squealed. Nayeon smiled as she saw Jeongyeon smiling happily. It's because she knows how much the latter loves dogs. 

"It's so cute!" Mina smiled as she hugs the dog. Apparently, the latter has the same fascination with animals.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter