Chapter XX: Lingering Alchohol

Say you won't let go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"How's your novel going?" Momo asked her girlfriend sitting across the table. They're in their favourite café near her apartment. Just casually talking and enjoying each other's company. It's been a week since Jeongyeon's birthday and that art exhibit.

"It's going great,"Nayeon says, "I'm half way through the ending."

"That's my girl," Momo grins.

Nayeon blushed and smiles back. Momo always makes her feel like she is someone to be proud of. Momo pulled her hand and held it as if it's the most natural thing in the world.

The woman felt content just being with Nayeon and seeing how she is her girlfriend filled her with pride and happiness.

"How about you? Your sideline going?" Nayeon asked.

Momo smiled, "It's great, They gave me the downpayment, just need to edit the photos."

Nayeon nodded and took a sip to her hot coffee. Coffee calms her nerves and let her think of ideas for her stories. Momo knows that which is why she always ask her girlfriend for a coffee date even though she prefers cooking at home and chilling while watching a movie.

"Moguri?"

Both of their heads turned to the woman walking towards their table. It's Momo's cousin-

"Mina," Momo said with her lips forming a smile, "you're here?"

"Yep, I'm waiting for chaeyoung." Mina grins.

"Sit here while you wait for her," Nayeon offered tapping a space beside her.

"No thanks, I've had enough of momo's face," Mina jokes. Momo glared at her and laughs, "you know this is a face that can launch a thousand ships," pointing on her face.

"more like a face that can wreck a thousand ships," Mina rolls her eyes, "anyway, I'll help myself and sit before chaengie comes."

"how's chaeyoung?" Nayeon asks.

"She's okay now," Mina says, "She was so embarrassed though when she puked after getting drunk at jeong's birthday party."

Nayeon laughed, "It's her fault, we only drink wine and she wanted to have beer."

"Chaengie can be a handful sometimes," Mina says, "Last Thursday was fun, I'm glad you were able to come Nayeon."

Momo stopped. Registering the flow of conversation which she didn't have a clue.

"You went to jeongyeon's birthday?" Momo asked. Then everyone just stop. Yes, Her girlfriend had forgotten to tell momo that.

"Nayeon, did you forget to mention momo that?" Mina bit her lip. She look at Nayeon giving an apologetic look.

Nayeon gulped, " y-yeah.. we came jihyo took me, I forgot."

She didn't intentionally hid it from momo, she just forgot to tell her. Maybe she didn't know how without making it look like it's a big deal. The later didn't talk, just stood up and walked outside the café.

"Excuse us, Mina." Nayeon say. She stood up hastily and ran after momo.

'I think I messed up,' Nayeon beating herself with the thought. She pulled Momo's hand and stopped her from going.

"I just forgot to tell you because you were so busy," Nayeon reasoned out.

There is evident worry in Nayeon's face. She looked at Momo who's face is indifferent but Nayeon's knows, this is the face momo makes when she's hate of disappointed.

"Momo.. I'm sorry I didn't tell you," Her girlfriend whisphers.

Momo just felt disrespected in this relationship. Clearly, every one of their friends still wanted Nayeon and Jeongyeon to be together and nayeon hiding it from her doesn't help.

She didn't want to blame the person she love. She didn't want to guilt nayeon, yet she needs time to process this. Before she could say more hurtful things, Momo held herself back and took a deep breath.

"I need time to think about this," Momo says and left Nayeon standing in the street with guilt eating her up.

----

6:25pm

Momo is laying down on her bedroom, lights close contemplating about answering Nayeon's calls and texts. She knows It's about that she should talk to her and fix it but she might need just a bit more time. She's always been the type to cool off her head first than lashing out to others.

From: Minari

Hey, Did you and Nayeon finally made up? Hoping you two are okay.

She sat down on her bed and look at Mina's text message for her. She sighs. She knows that Mina feels guilty about their fight and she knows she shouldn't let this bother her or their relationship.

Jeongyeon's an ex already but she knows, Nayeon's heart will always have a part for that person. A part that even momo couldn't touch and even though she learned to accept that it takes time to forget, It still bothers her.

*Dingdong*

Momo's thought was stopped by the sudden doorbell of her apartment. She has been laying down all day since their fight last night in the Café. She pushed herself to stood up, walk towards the door and saw a familiar y face infront of her apartment.

"Hey stupid face," Dahyun says in her usual indifferent expression with her left hand arch on her hips, "Won't you let me in?"

"Maybe If you're a little nicer I would let you in," Momo says.

Dahyun glared then gave a very fake smile, more like a sneer, but her eyes disappearing, "is that nice enough for you?"

This Woman's face, despite her incredibly sharp tongue, is like sunshine and maybe this would help Momo felt better. Just the face though, never mind the personality, Momo thought

"Even if I don't let you, you would enter anyway," Momo chuckled.

Both of them has been quite close since the time Dahyun opened up to momo. She has been a person Dahyun would constantly run to when she has the urge to waste herself again.

It's like having a cat attached to you all of a sudden.

As the visitor walked in, she noticed how momo's apartment is a mess. Momo is a mess too actually. Maybe she's not the caring type but since momo's been feeding her and she's now considering her a 'friend', she decided to ask her.

"You okay?" The latter asked momo as she sat down by her brown couch.

Momo sighs, "your guess?"

Dahyun laughs, "looking at your stupid sad face maybe not. Is it about your girlfriend?"

"How did you know?" Momo's head perked up.

'maybe because she's the only one you worry about' Dahyun wants to say but ended up in "I'm smart."

Momo rolled her eyes.

"so what happened?"

Momo sat by the couch and rubbed her face in distress, "She went to her ex's birthday party and didn't tell me."

Dahyun's mouth gaped.

"I know it's immature right?" the distressed woman says, "I shouldn't get angry over these trivial things. I'm so stupid."

"When your feelings hurt it's okay to tell your partner. You don't need to invalidate your own feelings." Dahyun says.

"Thanks," Momo smiles for the first thing Dahyun ever said nice she step in her apartment.

Dahyun gave her a smile too and looked down.

"I'm not really the jealous type but I'm insecure about her ex.. because she used to love that person very much, im not confident that she love me more now." Momo confessed.

"Maybe you shouldn't be dating someone who makes you wonder if they love you the most." Dahyun sighs. She looked down remembering her experience with Sana-every constant questioning if Sana did really love her and it turns out that Sana really didn't love her the most. She may have been in love with her but not in the way she did with Tzuyu. Not that she's still bitter about it, she just remembered.

Momo took a deep breath looking up the ceiling contemplating the advice Dahyun gave her,"But I love her."

Dahyun felt frustrated. She knows momo is so stupidly in love with her girlfriend but still, she deserves better than this.

'if I were that person, I would have treated you better' Dahyun thought. She suddenly felt surprise by her thoughts. 'I don't like momo that way,' tried to tell herself.

Momo is incredibly kind and forgiving.

Dahyun knows this-and somehow she knew that this feeling inside her chest might someday grow into something more but she knows that momo won't be there to reciprocate it.

She stole a look from Momo again. The latter is sitting in the couch in her pajama wearing a sando that showed her biceps. She had her hair down in a messy but still good way. She might be a mess right now, but she's always been beautiful.

That face and that body is immaculate, she thought.

Momo looked at her and gave a questioning look. Dahyun realized that she had been staring for minutes now.

With their eyes meeting, she felt her heart throbbing in her chest. Hastily, she looked away with both of cheeks beet red.

'Don't look at me with that stupid face.'

----------------

"I'm so tired!" Jessica complained to her Co-worker jeongyeon. They're supposed to be out of work now, but no, in an architectural firm, overtime is a must. Sometimes, Jessica regrets her chosen profession. They're the only two workers now left in the office.

"Let's do this for a while and we can go home," Jeongyeon says, completely focused on her computer. Doing a layout of one the plans their supposed to do.

"NOOOO" Jessica whines, "I want to rest.."

The woman flops her head on her office chair. Jeongyeon sighs seeing her senior. When Jessica has this "Lazy pose" , she is seriously will not do anything but laze around. She wants to sleep and maybe wants to go home to her wife.

"You can rest once we finish this, deadline is coming soon and we still need approval from our client." Jeongyeon pleads.

"Come on, it's still in 3 days." Jessica sighs. Sometimes Jessica hates how uptight and workaholic Jeongyeon can be.

"If we finished it tonight, I promise that we can go party," Jeongyeon says. She knows that there's still lot of things to be done and it can't be finished tonight but at least they can passed it before the deadline.

Jessica grinned, "Really? A party later if we finish this all within 2 hours?"

Jeongyeon nods.

"I'm calling Taeyeon and let her join us," Jessica smiles happily. She hummed as she typed in her cellphone.

Jeongyeon agreed, knowing full well that it is impossible to finish this within 2 hours.

But she forgets one thing, Jessica might be lazy at times but she is her senior who is incredibly talented and can get the impossible possible- If she just wants to.

-------------------

Nayeon felt her heart drummed inside her chest as she reads a text message from her cousin.

From: Yujin

Unnie, I saw your girlfriend walking together with another girl the other day.

Momo and her are still not okay since last night and she co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter