Chapter X. Blue Fire

Say you won't let go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Thank you.. Mina.”

 

There was a part of Nayeon’s heart that was crushed when she heard that name slipped from Jeongyeon’s mouth. She bit her lips as a tear fell down from her right eyes, escaping to her cheeks. Still, she pats the unconscious Jeongyeon’s head and uttered, “You’re welcome.”

If Mina is the one Jeongyeon needed right now, then there’s nothing she can do. After all, the whole point of loving is being unselfish--- that’s what Nayeon thought.

But if that is.. then what is the undeniable pain she’s feeling right now? Why does it hurt so bad?  Can a person really love someone without any selfish desires?

 

XX-------------------------------------------XX

 

“Jeongyeon~” Sana walked towards Jeongyeon’s place in the cafeteria as she smiled and sat down the short haired girl.

The University Cafeteria is as noisy as ever yet Sana’s voice was heard by all. Aside from the fact that she stands out, there is something of accent that makes it rise above the noise. A lot of the students, be it jocks, cheerleaders or nerds had stolen a glance on school’s pretty face.

“Yeah.” Jeongyeon nodded as she smiled, “Thanks to Mina.”

“I feel bad for not knowing you got a fever,” Sana said as a smirk played through her lips, “and too bad you didn’t die though.”

Jeongyeon smacked sana’s head as she laughed, “ya! If I die I will bury you with me alive!”

“If Tzuyu will allow you to do that.” Sana said as she stuck her tongue out.

Jeongyeon laughed as she shook her head, “Stop bragging about your love life!”

“You can’t blame me, I’ve been waiting for this my whole life.” Sana smiled as she remembered the first time she saw the youngest daughter of the neighbours next door. Call it, love at first sight or what but that might be it. Having to have that one-sided love for years and being it reciprocated might be the luckiest thing for her.

“whatever.” Jeongyeon rolled her eyes, yet undoubtedly she is happy for Sana and Tzuyu. Their circle of friends had been waiting for them to end up together too—like there’s no other choice for each other but them.

 

“Ya~” Sana pouted,  “Can’t you be happy for me? I am happy for you and Mina.”

“I am!” Jeongyeon chuckled, “but you know what? I am lucky to have Mina. I realized it again last night when she took care of me… She is one of a kind. She left early and left me porridge with a note telling me to eat it and rest a few more. I just realized that it good to rely to someone sometimes too.”

 

Sana smiled and pats Jeongyeon’s head, of course, she knows how hard it is for Jeongyeon to be vulnerable and rely on others. She had always been the independent type, born as leaders and took care of others well—and it’s nice to see that she is being taken care of regardless of who that person might be.

“What do you think I should get her then Sana?” Jeongyeon asked as she grinned, “Flowers? Chocolates? I’m planning to surprise and visit her later.”

“Aigoo, you’re such a hopeless romantic.” Sana said giggling, “Get her favorites!”

Jeongyeon smiled as she thought of the Macchiato Frappe Mina loves so much, She thought of getting that a piece of pink rose.  She’s planning to visit her in the Art Club Later.

“Oh yeah.. Where’s Nayeon?” Jeongyeon asked as she remembered her. Nayeon is supposed to be on the same class with Sana.

Sana rubbed her head, “I don’t know, I’m kind of worried too. You know, Nayeon never skips class.”

“Sana!” Then the two immediately turned into the familiar voice walking towards them. Of couse, it’s the one and only love in Sana’s life, Tzuyu.

 

XX---------------------------------------------XX

 

39 celcius.

 

Nayeon sighs as she looked at her thermometer. She laid down and tried to close her eyes. Seems like she had caught Jeongyeon’s fever.

 

“Aigoo, I skipped class.” Nayeon said as she looked at the sunlight passing through the curtains in her window.  She thought how it’s such a waste to skip that subject.

 

It’s been a while since she caught a fever, and she had forgotten hard it is. She’s coughing and her eyes felt hot. She is having a hard time to breathe too. She opened her eyes again and rubbed her forehead, she tried to stood up and get some fever pad and medicine in the refrigerator.

She went back inside her room as she laid perfectly in her bed. She thought of the things she needed to do.

 

“I feel hungry.” She thought. She couldn’t get up and cook too.  At times like this… It reminds her how she doesn’t have anyone. Depressing thought flood her mind.

 

“Mina.” Nayeon closed her eyes as the way Jeongyeon called the latter’s name echoed in her ears. There was pain in her chest as she curled up. Her hot eyes welled up with tears as she put her hand into her chest.

 

‘It’ll be okey’ She thought.

1 2 3 she counts

‘I’ll be okey’ She thought again.

 

 

As if trying to convince herself.. That somehow soon,  Everything that aches in her chest will go away.

 

XX-------------------------------------------------XX

 

“Wow, that’s a fine painting you got there Minari.” Mina was a bit startled when a voice came from her back, It was again, the patronage of all troubles, her cousin Momo.

“Royal blue with a mixture of bit of orange,” Momo said, as she rubbed her chin, still looking at Mina’s unfinished painting.

Mina rolled her eyes and turned her head to her cousin, “Come on, stop acting like an Art critic. We all know you don’t understand a bit about this abstract painting.”

Momo laughed as her head bangs, “Yeah, I’m just kidding with you. But honestly, what is this painting about? You know… It kinda remind me of something?”

“It’s a fire.” Mina uttered.

 

“Fire?” Momo asked, “That’s why I feel like melting while looking at this. Poetic aren’t you? But how come it’s blue?”

 

“Because the blue part of the flame is the hottest part of it.” Mina explained.

 

Mina smiled slightly as she continued to brushed into her canvas. ‘Fire’ is actually the feelings subfacing inside her chest recently. The fire that a certain someone had lit up. It was the confusing range of emotions that melts her everytime she looks at her. It was that fire that she needed to paint, the fire that wished will just burn out.

 

Momo asked, “so this fire… is the most passionate kind of love?”

 

Mina stiffened up as she later nodded.

“So anyway? What are you doing here?”  Mina said trying to change the taboo topic, “don’t tell me, you’re hiding from someone again.”

 

“Well, I am. I’ve been accused of painting the school wall in our school backyard!” Momo said as she here face turned sour, “I’ve never been so offended in my whole life.”

 

“Didn’t you?”

 

“I didn’t! I swear I didn’t do it this time. It was someone from outside our school.” Momo said, “And I’ve just penalized for doing it recently….I told myself I won’t do it again for now.. I’ll do it again next month.”

 

Mina rubbed her head as she sigh, “That’s what you get for doing that too. Anyways who could be that?”

 

“look here,” Momo said as she made Mina saw the work

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter