CHAPTER XI: Beautiful Farewell

Say you won't let go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Who’s this?” Nayeon asked as she let out a cough. Her fever has gotten worst. She touched her temple as she felt she head aching by the second she talked.

“Are you sick?” The caller asked again.

“Who are you?” Nayeon asked as she rubbed her eyes.

“Aigoo.. Why are you sick? Where are you now? I’ll come visit you Baby.”

 

Nayeon stopped a bit, and finally able to recognize the caller. Of course, that flirtatious way of talking to her is none other than, “Momo?”

 

“Yeah?” momo answered, “You want something for me to bring?”

 

Nayeon eyebrows furrowed, “Don’t come, you’ll catch my cold.”

 

“Your voice is hoarse,” momo said in obvious concern, “How about I bring you some fruits? Anything else?”

 

“You don’t even know my house.”

 

“Oh yeah, where is it?”

 

Nayeon coughed a bit, “I told you don’t come. And I’m not gonna tell, bye!”

 

And then she hanged up

 

Ring….

Nayeon picked the call up again.

 

“what is----“

 

“Ya! Tell me now!”

 

Nayeon laughed a bit as she heard Momo’s hyper voice protesting, “No I won’t. Go to school and don’t worry about me.”

 

“I won’t” Momo said, “Get ready cause----“

 

 

And yes, Nayeon hanged up once again. But If she said that that call didn’t make her smile then she’s gonna lie. Of course, that call made her heart felt warm as she slept once again. She put her phone into silent,Ignoring the two other ring she got from her cellphone.

 

XX---------------------------------------------XX

 

“Jeongyeon?” Sana asked, “What happened?”

 

Sana walked over Jeongyeon who’s sitting on their terrace with hands placed on her face, head down. Obviously, even from afar, Sana could see how gloomy Jeongyeon is already.

 

“and why are here in my house?”

 

“Well.. I couldn’t contact Nayeon.” Sana said.

 

Sana put her hands on her chin, because that moment she already knew what happened with Nayeon but decided to keep quiet about it. She didn't visit Nayeon too, since Momo told her that she's the one who's going to take care of the latter-- and of course, she can't let Jeongyeon know that too. Hell will break loose.

 

“so I’m her substitute you ?” Sana asked in a very sweet tone.

 

Jeongyeon rolled her eyes, “No one can be her substitute, you know that.”

 

“Well, except Mina.” Sana said rolling her eyes. She’s very angry already that Jeongyeon has no freaking idea that Nayeon is sick because she caught it from Jeongyeon and jeongyeon is here being gloomy and all stuff.

 

Jeongyeon rubbed her head, “That’s the problem Sana.”

 

“what is it?”

 

“Wait, Let me prepare some coffee for you. Stay there.”

 

 

After a minute, Sana went out the house and gave Jeongyeon some strongc offee, just like how the latter likes it. She sat beside Jeongyeon and started their usual conversation. This is what Sana and Jeongyeon’s friendship is.. they usually insult each other but at times like this, they can rely on one another—like any true friends are.

 

“so what happened with Mina? I thought you were happy earlier?”

 

Jeongyeon glanced to looked at Sana then looked down again, “we broke up..”

“oh that’s…. WHAT??!”

“yeah we did,” Jeongyeon nodded.

 

“why?”

 

“because.. she’s in love with chaeyoung.”

 

 

 

Sana stopped, because she already knew that—and she knew how Chaeyoung had liked mina since she was in middle school.

 

“You know it’s just so unfair.”

 

“You probably didn’t know that Chaeyoung felt like time for a long long time..” Sana said, “You know Chaeyoung had liked her since she’s in middle school. Mina is Chaeyoung’s first love. She once pointed out  a pretty girl drawing beside the practice field back then, only recently I had realized that the reason why Mina is so familiar is because she’s that person Chaeyoung had given her first love to.”

 

Jeongyeon was astounded, she never knew. How it must’ve hurt chaeyoung and how the latter just kept quiet about it, like how she had always been, just let the thing she wants be given to her.

 

“Don’t you think it’s time for Chaeyoung to be happy too?” Sana said as she rubbed Jeongyeon’s shoulders.

 

Jeongyeon nodded.

 

“And yeah, you should stop sitting around here and visit nayeon!” Sana slapped Jeongyeon’s shoulder.

 

“why?”

 

“Of course she’s sick” Sana rolled her eyes.

 

“what?” Jeongyeon asked in disbelief, “N-nayeon’s sick?”

 

“Yeah cause---“

 

“Why didn’t you tell me that earlier?!” Jeongyeon asked,

 

“Well—“

And even before Sana could explain Jeongyeon already stood up walking hastily as she left her house.

 

“AND YA! YOO JEONGYEON! THANK YOU FOR LETTING ME COMFORT YOU!” Sana said—well shouted as she meant it very sarcastically, but all her annoyance faded when her phone rang, and it’s her Tzuyu calling.

 

XX--------------------------------------------------XX

 

As the door opened, it revealed the person Nayeon had least expected; Momo. There was a moment of silence as Nayeon looked at Momo, grinning ear to ear, wearing that brown coat, black fitted jeans and white cotton blouse.

“M-momo?” Nayeon muttered.

“I told you, I’m coming.” Momo said as she winked.

Nayeon then realized how much of a mess she looks like right now, she quickly closed her doors. Slamming it front of Momo, who was left astounded.

After a second, Nayeon opened the door again, peeking her head out of the door. To her surprise as she opened the door, Momo held the door and pushed nayeon inside with her. Everything was confusing, and Nayeon doesn’t exactly realize what’s going on; as she opened her eyes, she realized how she was pushed into the wall by this younger girl.

Her heart starts to beat loudly as she meet the eyes of the blonde, and the warm feeling of the contact between their arms.  Momo’s eyes was fixed and serious at looking at her; as if she was captivated. There is something on the way momo looked at her, but she doesn’t know if it’s just normal for a player like her.

 

There was a second there when momo put her head forward, closer as they felt each other’s breath. Nayeon starts to feel her heart drumming, and it’s the only thing she can hear.

 

“pft.” That was then Momo chuckled, and Nayeon seemed to realize how Momo is making fun of her.

There was an annoyed look on Nayeon’s face as she hits momo on the shoulder, “YA!”

“Look, you’re so red.” Momo laughed.

“Of course I’m red!” Nayeon lowered her voice, “I-I have a fever!”

 

“aigoo,” It was then Momo stopped from laughing and went towards Nayeon. She touched her forehead with hers, and the contact between their foreheads made Nayeon shy and conscious.

 

“You’re fever’s high,” Momo shook her head, “Now, now..”

 

“What? Where are you pushing me?”

 

Momo winked at the latter, “To your bed.”

 

Nayeon glared at her as Momo laughed, “Fine, I’m not gonna make any moves. But I’m gonna stay with you, Until you get well.”

 

 

Nayeon felt completely happy when she saw what momo is holding, fruits and plastic of other things. She prepared well, Nayeon thought. and of course, Nayeon felt her heart getting warmer.

Nayeon went back to bed as Momo prepared to cook.

“Didn’t know you knew how to cook.” Nayeon chuckled as she coughed.

Momo laughed, “There are many things you don’t know about me, and stupid. Don’t talk rest already.”

Nayeon smiled as she closed her eyes.

 

The look on her apartment felt like it’s getting lighter; as if the depressing ambiance is a lie earlier.  Momo opened the curtains, and the warmth of having another person at times like this made Nayeon happy and content.

 

“Momo?”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“why are you doing this?”

 

 

Momo looked away from Nayeon as she looked down, “what doing?”

 

“this?” Nayeon said, “why are you caring for me? Cooking for me and taking care of me when I’m sick?”

 

 

Momo stared at the latter, “Because you deserve it.”

 

 

Then she smile that could melt any cold heart. She was like the sun, that could give warmth and light. Jolly, Happy and always the kind that could make Nayeon smile with her words. It’s been a while since Nayeon felt loved, like she deserves to be happy too. And she deserves to be cared for. And she felt it from the person she least expected it from.

 

 

Ding Dong

 

“Wait.. I’ll be the one to get the door.” Before even momo could stop her, Nayeon is already at the door. And It was the person she NEVER expected.

 

 

“why didn’t you texted me? I would’ve taken care of you pabo.” Jeongyeon said.

The short-haired girl is standing in front of Nayeon’s door, and she felt like she’s dreaming.  there is evident worry on her face that someone makes Nayeon hearts ache.

 

“The question is.. why didn’t YOU texted her?”

 

A voice came from the back, as momo came towards the door, “don’t blame her for you lack of care.”

Nayeon could’ve sworn she saw Jeongyeon’s jaw tightened and her hands on clenched for a second but it disappeared immediately. She felt the tension between the two of them, because, obviously, Momo hate Jeongyeon’s guts.

 

“Excuse me? lack of care? You don’t know anything. Nayeon and I have been together for years, you can’t say that I don’t care for her.”

 

“oh sure” Momo rolled her eyes as put her hands airing quotation marks, “caring”

 

“what are you implying?”

 

“Sure you care for Nayeon but seems like you care for Mina too, so what? Are you breaking my cousin’s heart too?”

 

Jeongyeon stopped as she felt blood in her head. Nayeon held Jeongyeon’s hand as she could feel Jeongyeon getting even more pissed off,  “For you information, we broke up just a while ago. And I didn’t break her heart.”

 

Jeongyeon swallowed hard a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter