Chapter V: Starting over again

Say you won't let go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"and you smiled over your shoulder,

for a minute, I was stone-cold sober.

I pulled you closer to my chest."

 

 

 

 

 

Chaeyoung was 14 when she fell in love with that pretty girl who fainted during the basketball practice. Since then she would often see her watching the practice. That was the start, then Chaeyoung realized how she would often see her everywhere--- as if her eyes would always recognized her even if she's meters away. She was captivated completely. There's just something in her that made the younger’s heart race.

 

Her tall back, her soft-looking hair, that serene expression she always have and that eyes Chaeyoung couldn't help but look at.  Even if, the woman isn't aware of her. Chaeyoung would always-- always look at her.

 

 

 

When chaeyoung took her courage to talk to her, that was when she accidentally saw the person scratched on the woman's sketch book.

 

 

 

 

It was her sister. Yoo Jeongyeon.

 

 

 

and it's years after, she could still feel her heart beating on looking at the same woman who owned the sketch book.

 

 

" Oh. Mina?" Sana smiled as she walk over the door, "she's your girlfriend?"

 

 

"Yup." Jeongyeon answered popping the 'p', "Am i not lucky?"

 

 

"you are." Sana snickered, "She sure is pretty. right chaeyoung?"

 

 

Chaeyoung flinched as she looked at Mina. She felt her heart shaking up just on

the sight of her. "She is. I'm happy for both of you, that you end up together."

 

 

Mina's expresion froze for a bit, then she smiled, "thank you."

 

 

"Wait, doesn't Mina look familiar?" Sana said as she rubs her head.

 

 

"Funny thing, she went to the same high school." Jeongyeon answered chuckling a bit.

 

 

"Ohh~ that's why!" Sana said, "I remember now! then what about you chaeyoung? do you know her way back in

high school? have you two talked?"

 

 

Chaeyoung looked at Mina, opened a bit, "We did."

 

As chaeyoung answered she averted her eyes away from the girl, "I'm going upstairs. I... need to rest."

 

 

"why? are you okey chae?" Her sister asked. Chaeyoung bit her lip and tried to to smile, "I am."

 

 

"Alright." Jeongyeon nodded as she returned her look to her girlfriend and gently fixed her hair.

 

---------------------------------

 

 

Tzuyu sighs as she looked at her phone. She clicked Sana's message box and starts typing, 'Sana-unnie..How are you'

 

 

then she starts to erase it again.

 

 

'Sana-unnie, hi!! Are you free this'

 

then she erased it again.

 

 

She has been this way, constantly composing messages to Sana. Typing things she want to tell her, texts she wants to send.  Then erased it again. It's been a few weeks since Sana and her spent time together, it's been killing her to contact the older. But she was too afraid to make Sana think that she's a bother.

 

Just like how she kept all the things she wanted to say hidden. Tzuyu could remember clearly how Sana first moved in the house next door. She was 8 that time and if, you could fall in love at first sight at that age then that what happened that time.

Tzuyu became so attached with her and Sana became more of an older sister than Hani ever is. She was her comfort zone and never in any person, Tzuyu felt like home. She is her first crush and first love.

 

And Tzuyu doesn't even know what's the feeling of loving someone else, because all her life, she's been looking at those round and soft eyes.

 

 

She erased everything she wrote and put her phone back on her bag when she suddenly felt warm arms envoloping her from behind. When she looked down, she saw that pair of eyes that makes her heart skip a bit, "Tzuyu-ah! There you are!"

Sana was smiling as she hugs her and this had always made Tzuyu's heart flipped. Tzuyu turned completely frozen. Sana then pouted a bit as she is still have her arms around Tzuyu's waist, "Why won't you hug me back?"

 

 

Without thinking, tzuyu's body moved on its own as she hugs Sana tightly. She laid her chin in Sana's shoulder and didn't let go for a minute.

She can feel her heart beating fast on feeling the woman inside her arms.

'Damn, She's too cute.' Tzuyu thought.

 

She can't remember how many times she asked God for Sana. She was her 11:11 wish and nightly prayer.

 

"ya, any more than that then I'll get crushed." Sana chuckled, "Did you miss me?"

 

 

Tzuyu's expression didn't change. She looked at Sana, straight in the eyes, "Yeah I did."

 

 

As Sana stared at Tzuyu, she suddenly stiffen. She chuckled nervously as she look away, hiding the pink shade on her cheeks and that small smile forming on her lips.

 

------------------------

 

 

Mina’s eyebrows furrowed as she remembered the way Jeongyeon pushed her. She was wide eyed and looked shock. She also averted her eyes when she asked her what’s wrong.  Jeongyeon told her nothing’s wrong, but eventually, she realized something. Jeongyeon has always been the caring type and always tells her that she loves her.

 

But something is off, especially with that ‘bestfriend’ Jeongyeon introduced her to. There’s something the way that girl looked at Jeongyeon. And it makes Mina insecure and confused. It’s been 3 days since Jeongyeon and her met, they’ve been so busy so she decided to come in their house.  She breathes  heavily as she gestured to knock to door, but even before she could grab the door knob, a familiar face appeared before her.

 

 

It was Chaeyoung. She froze the minute the younger meets her eyes.

 

“Mina-unnie.” Chaeyoung managed to say despite of the nervousness she’s feeling. She managed to smile which Mina did too.

 

“Chaeyoungie.”

 

“What are you doing here—oh, If you’re looking for hyung, she’s not here. She’s on her classmates apartment. Their doing overnights for their project.”

 

 

Mina bit her lip and sighs with disappointment. Jeongyeon never told her that.

 

“don’t tell me, hyung didn’t tell you?” Chaeyoung sighs, “That piece of .”

 

 

Mina chuckled as she saw Chaeyoung’s expression, “You never changed, did you? The same badmouth as ever.”

 

Chaeyoung shook her head and smile, “what can I say? I can’t tolerate people.”

 

Mina laughed showing the usual gummy smile as the sounds brings the usual butterflies on Chaeyoung’s stomach. Mina could remember the small bean being so bad- in the school, even if Jeongyeon was the captain of the basketball club, she's the one who'll scold the members the most.  Chaeyoung was also often involved in fights in the school, even if she's so small she's brave and wouldn't let others look down on her.

 

“Mina-unnie, you didn’t change too. You still look beautiful as if you weren’t stress out in college.”

As Chaeyoung told her that while looking straight into her eyes, Mina smiled and looked away. Chaeyoung had always loved this part of Mina when she would always be shy when people complimented her.

 

 

“So I better go now..” Mina said smiling, but Chaeyoung could see the disappointment on Mina's eyes. Even after years, Chaeyoung had known how to read the latter.

 

 

‘Okey, just this time, Chaeyoung’ She thought to herself as she quickly opened . 'it's not as if i'm planning something anyway'

 

 

“How about come with me? I’ll eat with my friends.” Chaeyoung said almost whispering as she glanced up to see the older's reaction.

 

Mina was hesitant, but she doesn’t want to go home and get all depressed so she just nodded, "alright, maybe just for a bit."

-----------------------

 

 

"7 ways on how to move on."

"How to get over someone”

"Coping up after a break-up"

 

 

If you would look at Nayeon's browser history on her phone, you will find things like this. Her friend, Seulgi would often poke fun of her because of it.

It has been a month since the incident.  It's been a month since she cried on her arms and asked her on how she can unlove her.  I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter