Chapter II. How it started

Say you won't let go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'I met you in the dark,

You lit me up,

you made me feel as though..

i was enough.'

As Nayeon hears this part of this song, it would always take her back to the time on when she was 17. It was the worst times of her life. But as some says, you would always see the light in the darkness. and that's when she met her. The light and the love of her life, Yoo Jeongyeon.

She was seventeen when she got completely captivated by the captain of the basketball club. The first time she saw her was when Chaeyoung pointed on her, saying that it was her older sister. Nayeon saw the forming wrinkles on Jeongyeon's forehead, her eyebrows furrowed together, looking as if she's pissed off. Of course, it didn't leave a good impression on her. The girl looks like she has the biggest problem-- as if, she hates the world.

On the other hand, Jeongyeon's impression on Nayeon is the opposite-- like she doesn't have any problem on her life. She was beautiful and always smiling. She was bright and the crowd lightens up when she comes.

They're both too different that even if they're aware of each other, they didn't got close. Well, not until that one rainy night.

--------------------------------------

"Sana told me that she fell in love with Dahyun so sudden, like a thrilling car chase and falling off a cliff." Tzuyu said, "She even said it was fate."

Tzuyu said it so suddenly and out of nowhere that Chaeyoung couldn't even react. They're doing research paper on Chaeyoung's house, they were so serious then Tzuyu suddenly blurts out a love-related stuff.

"well fate!" Tzuyu cursed as she stabbed her pen on the wood table.

"Ya! that's mahogany! don't damage our furnitures!" Chaeyoung said pulling the pen from Tzuyu's hand, "and calm down, What is it something about fate?"

"You know i have always hate fate. Destiny or what" Tzuyu said,"I've been waiting for so long then out of nowhere that dahyun appeared."

"You can't blame Sana, Dahyun's nice and always smiling---" Chaeyoung was cut off when Tzuyu glared at her.

Chaeyoung scoffed as she averted her eyes from Tzuyu who looks like she was about to murder her, "well sorry, but regardless on how they started, you can't change the fact that now Sana loves her."

Tzuyu sighs frowning, looking like an abandoned little pup, she puts her hand on her cheeks, "But fate is so unfair."

"ahh that's life for you." Chaeyeoung laughed, "You just need to move on!"

"Don't tell me that, you don't know how it feels." Tzuyu said.

"yeah i don't. i don't know how it feels hiding your love for a decade. It was your fault that you didn't confess earlier, don't blame fate and destiny." Chaeyoung said straightly that Tzuyu couldn't even speak, "and besides, you need to live on, even if you can't move on, you need to live."

Tzuyu looked at her and raised her left eyebrow, "Chaeyoung. You speak as if you're heartbroken too."

Chaeyoung stopped for a moment, "So what?"

"Chaeyoung! who is it! tell me!!!" Tzuyu said as she scooted near the smaller, shaking her.

Chaeyoung just stuck her tongue out as Tzuyu shook her even mmore, "Tell me~! Just a little something about it."

"It was nothing." Chaeyoung said, "It was already few years ago. Now we're friends already."

"My god! who is it?!" Tzuyu freaks out. It was the first time Chaeyoung actually tell her about it. It has always been

her telling stuff about her love life. Chaeyoung was the quiet one when it comes to this, "Tell more about her!"

"Well, she has a pretty face." Chaeyoung smiled, "and a soft heart."

Wow, chaeyoung seems so in love, Tzuyu thought.

"I fell in love with her, but got rejected. Now we're friends already." Chaeyoung answered, "and besides, i'm still waiting, waiting that maybe after a few years, she'll end up with me."

Tzuyu smiled, as if Chaeyoung read her heart. She was exactly like her, like Nayeon. Patiently waiting for chance of that love.

----------------------

 

"Nice to meet you, Nayeon." Mina smiled at her but Nayeon still have gaping. She can feel like the world suddenly collapse pulling her down to deepest part of the earth. Jeongyeon's... girlfriend? she thought.

Nayeon blinked, as she quickly smiled, "Nice meeting you Mina-ssi."

"She's my bestfriend Mina!" Jeongyeon grinned as she prouldy put her hands around Nayeon's shoulder. She felt so disappointed. She should have never assumed that Jeongyeon is finally taking her back.

Nayeon gulped, trying to swallow the lump forming on . She could feel her heart aching as if it's being crushed, 'Bestfriend, right. I'm her bestfriend', she told herself as she smiled again.

"She's pretty." Nayeon said. Mina has the same haircut as hers, but Nayeon thinks that the latter suits it more. she looks like a mannequin that she felt even more insecure. She wasn't this elegant looking and beautiful. She was a plain old Nayeon, that no matter what she wears-- like her father told her-- she wouldn't look pretty.

Mina smiled showing that gummy smiles with straight pair of teeth and Jeongyeon smiled at this sight, patting Mina's head lovingly which made Nayeon even more insecure as if little by little she can see how imperfect she is. She can never make Jeongyeon look at her like that, again. She can't tear away those eyes. and all she can do is watch Jeongyeon fall in love again--- with someone else.

"I wanted to introduce both of you since i know you're gonna like each other. I want us to spend time with each other." Jeongyeon smiles, "I want to let my bestfriend meet my girlfriend."

Nayeon averted her eyes, because she wanted to cry so much. Jeongyeon can't even see her that way. Jeongyeon doesn't even consider of the possibilty of them going back together.

For Jeongyeon, it ended already.

'I can do this' Nayeon thought, 'Just count 1 2 3, breath in and out, i won't cry jsut like it had always been'

"Why don't we play some games?" Jeongyeon asked.

Nayeon rolled her eyes, "The shooting game again. my god, yoo jeongyeon."

"Oh you love that?" Mina asked smiling at Jeongyeon.

"Yup. and besides, it's funny how Nayeon at it." Jeongyeon chuckled.

After finally deciding, they walk towards the booth and played the game. Nayeon so much at it that all her money disappeared but even if it's like that her and Jeongyeon would always play it, because she loves the way Jeongyeon happily played it. It didn't chan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter