CHAPTER XII: Can Time heal wounds?

Say you won't let go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Nayeon,”

“yes?”

“Do you love me?”

Nayeon smiled and looked at jeongyeon, “With all my heart.”

“forever?”

Nayeon laughed and shook her head, “You know Jeongyeon that the concept of  forever isn’t real.”

Jeongyeon looked down, a bit hurt as she tried to seach for words, but muttered a simple, “y-you’re right.”

“…But in exchange, “Nayeon smiled and embraced Jeongyeon, “I would love you.. with all the days of my life.”

 

“Ow!” Jeongyeon suddenly woke up she felt a book being hit on her head. She sat up, rubbing her head. There she saw her superior standing in front of her, Jessica Jung.

“Quit sleeping and work now ostrich!” the woman scolded. She's cranky because both of them pulled an all-nighter to finish the plans for the residential house Mr. Park Jin young gave them. It’s hard to be an student—but it’s even harder now that she’s an architect.

Yes, it’s already been 3 years.  It’s already been 3 years--- since Jeongyeon and Nayeon last met. Nayeon left Korea 3 years ago, she left with jeongyeon’s heart still held in those hands. She left without warning, without saying anything. She knows that they’re already over yet it was even more painful to know that she can never see Nayeon again.

She can clearly remember how stupid and how desperate she knocked on Sana’s door,asking them to help the girl. Sana said she left for America and didn’t know exactly where there and apparently, dreaming about the past didn't do anything good for Jeongyeon.

“Let's finish this now," Jessica sighs.

“I’m about to get ready now.” Jeongyeon answered, “stop being so grumpy, sica-unnie!”

Her superior in the architectural firm she’s working in is her sunbae during college, she was the one who helped her get in this job after graduation. Though she has a sharp tougue and extremely bossy, She was a good person.

 

“You can’t blame me for being grumpy, okey?!” Jessica answered as she sat down on her table again. she’s wearing a skirt and polo which shows her beautiful curve. Jessica is beautiful and she was one of the most popular girl in their university before.

 

“why?” Jeongyeon asked, she rubbed the latter’s back, she can sense that there’s something wrong with her.  “Drinks on you later?”

 

Jessica sighs and rolled her eyes, “fine.”

 

“It means I’m gonna call the squad okey? So the drinks doesn’t only cover mine.” Jeongyeon laughed.

 

By “squad” of course, they can only mean Sana, Tzuyu, Chaeyoung, Mina, Yuri, Amber, and of course the great duo, Hyoyeon and soouyoung.  Some of them are friends of Jessica and others, well, the friends Jeongyeon made throughout these past 3 years. It’s funny how their circle of friends grew so much.

The blonde hissed, “you’re gonna bring those gay people?”

Jeongyeon almost burst the water she’s drinking on what Jessica said. “it’s gonna be fun! And hey, sooyoung isn’t gay but still, don’t  say it like that, you’re queer too.”

“Yeah since I was 11, and so?”

“my point is----“

“I don’t understand your point, but you know what point I like?” Jessica asked as her left eyebrow went up. She stood up and get a ballpen from the other desk and pointed it on the younger one, “This.”

 

“This little point here will stab your eyes if they all pushed me to pay for their drinks,”

 

Jeongyeon gulped. Never seen such cold and scary eyes—that’s Jessica jung for you. The used-to-be ice queen of the university.

“Okey calm down Queen Sica,” jeongyeon can finally breath when sica put down the damn pointy ballpen, “I promise you wouldn’t have to pay for their drinks”

“yes please,” Jessica smiled sweetly and it scared the latter more, “cause you know hyoyeon drinks a lot”

Jeongyeon nodded and gulped, wishing for life to be saved later.

 

 

XX-------------------------------------XX

 

                      “It’s time to party!!!” it was loud when sooyoung and hyoyeon joined them in the bar. These two are two peas in a pod, always together even in elementary and now co-workers. The table is round, and there was Jeongyeon, Chaeyoung, Mina, amber, Jessica and yuri already sitting on there.  The clock strikes on 8:00 as all of them sat down and started chatting.  Hyoyeon ordered liquor and the squad starts to drink.

“yeahhh! This is life!” hyoyeon said as she jumped on the chair and grabbed jeongyeon to stand up with her, “we need to be young!”

“ya! You’re young enough so get down” Yuri said slapping hyoyeon’s legs.

Jeongyeon can’t help but laughed, every started laughing out like they’re already tipsy. Except for the almighty, sooyoung. She drank so much during college days legend says she’s immune.

“ya, drink more Yuri!” hyoyeon offered and give twice as big as the glass for her to drink, “You need that so you finally have a girlfriend!”

Jeongyeon laughed as she scoffed, “Don’t tell us you still like Jessica?”

Yuri stiffened up as her cheeks turned red, “ya! I used to like her! Used to! That was waaaaaay back in college!”

Jessica laughed as she pat Yuri’s shoulders, “this gay person here finally had someone she’s crushing on. So stop with the past.”

“really who?” Jeongyeon asked.

“her ‘friend’ from work, that yoona.” Jessica snickered teasing yuri even more.

“aigoo, she’s too pretty! Dream on bastard!” Amber hits Yuri’s head and offered a drink, “you’ll be single for life.”

 

It was already 10:00 when everyone is getting drunked. Jeongyeon noticed Chaeyoung’s eyes unfocused and her sitting a bit wobbly.

 

“Babe, stop drinking so much.” Mina warned chaeyoung who’s sitting beside her.

Chaeyoung just smiled sheepishly and hugged the latter, “why?”

“You’re gonna get wasted.”

“Why?”

“Stop drinking..” Mina said and put the glass down. Jeongyeon can see that all that scolding if filled with love and concern.

 Chaeyoung  sheepishly smiled and hugged the latter, “I’m glad I finally have you..”

“Chae..” Mina smiled gently as she heard those heartwarming words. Because all these year, Chaeyoung never failed to let her feel how she is loved.

 

“I finally have you… because I like dyou since I was *hic* in middle school.”

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter