CHAPTER XV : One more chance

Say you won't let go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER XV:  One more chance

                   Maybe it was the rain, or the thunder or most probably the sweet kiss Jeongyeon planted her lips, but Nayeon felt incredibly weak right now. It’s as if she can’t resist Jeongyeon.  There’s silence as both walked in the darkness to meet the others, the only things Nayeon could decipher in the darkness is Jeongyeon’s warm hand holding hers and the loud beating of her heart.

There was a quiet ambience in the air as the two sat together on the tour bus.  ‘Snap out of it Im Nayeon’, The woman tells herself, yet she couldn’t move—couldn’t resist the other woman. There’s no words spoken, only the warmth of their shoulders touching and their breathing that almost stops by every small movement the other makes.

“Do you see that?” Tzuyu smiles whispering to Jessica sitting beside her, “Jeongyeon-unnie and Nayeon-unnie are going well.”

“Shh, it’s just because Jeongyeon found her,” Tiffany says, “She’s just.. well, confused.”

“The heart wants what it wants, Fany-ah,“ Jessica smiles. “admit it, your ship is sinking.”

Tiffany grumbled, “my ship isn’t sinking.”

“We’ll see.” Jessica grins.

“Stop fighting over them you both, “Taeyeon warns as she rubs Jessica’s head who’s sitting beside her.

Sana laughs, “would you prefer if they fight over you Taeyeon-unnie?”

Tiffany’s face turned disgusted, “I love Taeyeon but it’s completely platonic! Do you want me to be killed by the ice princess over there?!”

“hey I won’t be that cruel,”Jessica said, “I could still let you choose if you want to die by a knife or by a gun.”

Taeyeon rubbed her head, “just bring back the topic to your ships and leave us three out of this conversation,”

“Jinja,” Tzuyu sighs, “I can’t believe the unnies are fighting over this love triangle. Are they this concerned for Nayeon-unnie?”

 

“Well that’s because their 20 000 won depends on it, “Hyoyeon chuckled on the opposite chair on the tour bus.

 

“Ya! It isn’t like that,” Jessica yells, as her cheeks turned red from embarrassment.

“we shouldn’t bet on them, that’s too mean.” Mina says softly.

“You say that but your girlfriend over there already set her bet,” Sooyoung laughs pointed on the little dwarf beside Mina.

Mina looked a bit shock as she sighs, glaring on Chaeyoung, “ You did that?”

“I-I did..” chaeyoung swallowed, “It’s just  because you know, it’s to show my support to my sister!”

“heol, what a good liar,” Tzuyu friend.

“I’m not lying, and I’m not gonna loose. So bet all you want on Momo, but my hyung gets what she wants.” Chaeyoung smirked, “and I’m getting all your 20 000 won.”

“Team Jeongyeon, in your face fany-ah!” Jessica smirked looking.

 

Tiffany who just rolled her eyes at them. While everyone is being noisy on the tour bus has lively conversation about the infamous love triangle and other topic. Momo is on the other side of the tour bus, with her head resting on the glass. Looking out as she remembered the scene that broke her heart, she softly sighs as she close her eyes—forcing herself to sleep so she wouldn’t see the painful truth laid in front of her.

XX--------------------------------------------------------XX

                

                  It’s the second day to tour Jeju,  The first destination today is Yakcheonsa Temple.  It’s already 8:00 am in the morning and everyone is hype. The air is cold in the morning still they all couldn't stop getting up early to check the views around the hotel.

“You look good today, Jeongyeon.” Mina commented seeing Jeongyeon fixing herself in the room. She look good really.

Jeongyeon who woke up in the morning with a vibrant smile on her face. First, It’s because of what happened last night and secondly, waking up and realizing she’s able to see Nayeon today. She felt incredibly blessed as if all her suffering in the last 3 years had been a lie.

‘I’m going to sit beside her again in the bus,’ Jeongyeon thought.

 

 

But all her illusions are easily shattered as entered the tour bus. She almost cursed seeing Momo already sitting beside love of her life, Im Nayeon. Jeongyeon groaned as she saw Momo looking at her, smirking.

“That bastard.” Jeongyeon whispers.

When they finally arrived at the destination, Jeongyeon went to talk to Nayeon hurriedly, not wanting momo to get ahead of her. She took her breath.  She looks at Nayeon who look absolutely beautiful today with her white sunny dress. As Jeongyeon stared at her, she looks even more beautiful.

‘Damn, am I having my first love or something?’ Jeongyeon shook her head, ‘Yoo jeongyeon, stop being a coward.’

Jeongyeon breath in and out, as she finally says,  “Hey, Nabong.”

Nayeon turned around and smiles. And yes, Jeongyeon it’s as if Nayeon took her breath away again.

“what is it jeongyeon?”

Jeongyeon looked at her and smiled awkwardly, “d-do you want to tour the temple with me?”

“Well I’m thinking I might just--------- ,”

 

“Nayeon-ah!” nayeon was cut off when someone suddenly called out to them. Jeongyeon’s blood starts to boil just upon seeing momo approaching them holding something.

 

“Try this,” Momo smiled as she feed Nayeon a piece of tteokboki.

 

Jeongyeon clenched her fist as she saw what sweet gesture Momo is doing to Nayeon.

 

Momo grins as she wipes the sauce in Nayeon’s mouth, “I know you still haven’t got your breakfast. So when I saw someone selling it on the front entry, I immediately bought one.”

Nayeon smiled, feeling warmed and happy that Momo realized immediately how she’s feeling. No words needed to be said, “Thanks momori, you know me too well.”

“You should get one yourself, it’s tasty.” Momo says smirking to Jeongyeon, who in turn, glared at her.

“one more nayeonnie?” Momo gestured to feed Nayeon another tteobokki but—

 

 

“what the heck?!” Momo’s eyes widened as she saw… Jeongyeon eating the tteokbokki instead of Nayeon.

 

Jeongyeon chewed as she smirked to her rival, “you’re right. They are tasty. ”

 

“you should buy one for yourself, not eat this! It’s not for you.” Momo groaned and looked at her as if she’s boring holes on the woman.

“too bad I’m already full.” Jeongyeon sneers.

 

“Let’s go eat first, I saw a cafe nearby, I know you haven’t got your breakfast just yet.” Momo smiles, “I know,this tteokbokki isn’t enough for you.”

Nayeon smiles,  “Alright. “

 

Nayeon looked at Jeongyeon then smiles, “do you want to come?”

 

“I----“

 

“but you said you’re already full, “Momo said mocking her.

 

“That’s too bad,” Nayeon says who’s completely oblivious to what’s happening between the two. “maybe you should come with the others and tour the temple already. Oh here comes Sana.”

 

“Sana-chan!” Nayeon smiles, “Jeongyeon wants to tour the temple with you,”

 

“Why? Aren’t you gonna tour the temple too?” Sana asked.

“We will but Momo and I are going to eat breakfast first.”

 

Sana stopped then looked at Jeongyeon and Momo. Jeongyeon looked at Sana, and gave her a meaningful look.

Sana smiles, “let’s go Jeongyeon?”

 

Then she was dragged in inside the temple.

 

XX-------------------------------------------------------------XX

 

            “I’ll just go with this ‘Big breakfast meal’” Nayeon told the waitress as she pointed on the one on the menu, consisting of egg, ham, waffle and hotdog.

“Heol, you sure are hungry,” Momo pointed out.

“It’s the obvious truth, “Nayeon says, “I woke up late I couldn’t even eat breakfast. But thanks for the coffee earlier when I woke up immediately. You made it with just the right blend.”

Momo smiles, “Its because I know you’re not a morning person.  I don’t want to be thrown by an alarm clock again.”

Nayeon chuckles, “It’s been 2 years and you still hold a grudge against me for throwing that alarm clock?!”

“How could I forget when I almost died?” Momo laughed.

 

Their light conversation continues on until their orders arrived. They both ate their orders and stood up to finally go back. They walked in the area and the air is cold, sunlight is just the right amount to walk.

As Nayeon walks as she felt the cold air but she suddenly felt warm arms pulling her into an embrace, she turned her head when she heard momo’s whispering into her ear, “Nayeonnie~”

Nayeon chuckled as she held momo’s hands which are wrapping her arms, “why the sudden hug?”

Momo smiles as her hug tightens, “I’m cold.”

 

Nayeon laughs and pulled away. She rubs momo’s head like a child, “aigoo, momori is cold. let’s walk faster?”

 

Momo felt her cheeks getting red when Nayeon held her hand pulling her to walk. Skinship that Nayeon initiates always threw her off, making her heart race.  Through all the times, she had been in love—this must be the hardest fall she ever had. And just looking at Nayeon makes her realizes that.

“I don’t want to go back,” Momo says as she sighs.

“why?” Nayeon asked turning her head towards her.

 

 

Momo stopped, then looked at Nayeon, “because I can’t have you all to myself then.”

 

Upon realizing on what Momo just said, Nayeon’s whole face turned red. Sometimes, momo’s constant flirting threw her off—but of course, for Nayeon, It’s just the woman's flirty nature. A joke momo always says.

 

After Nayeon freeze up for a second, she laughed, “Shut up.”

 

It was then Momo grabbed Nayeon’s wrist once again, “I told you, I love you right?”

 

“Momo…”

 

“Just don’t forget that,” Momo says, “it hurts me to think that you didn’t take me seriously or my confession, I love you.”

 

“I know..You always always cared for me.” It was then Nayeon looked down, “ But I don’t know if the love you claim to feel about me is real or it’s just a kind of fleeting feeling. I don’t know momo, sometimes, people can tell you they love you even though it’s not even real. They can tell you they love you then change right aways. And honestly.. when you tell me you love me, it just feel so empty. It makes me feel so painful.”

 

Momo couldn’t say anything. But all the words Nayeon just pained her so much. How much was Nayeon hurt to make her like this? How much was Nayeon hurt to deny that someone could love her for real?

Or is it because she wasn’t a serious talker or because she often flirts?Momo starts questioning what’s wrong with her, or what’s wrong with she had done—obviously thinking that she didn’t make Nayeon felt her love enough because in reality, her love is mu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter