Chapter VI: When does it stop hurting?

Say you won't let go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"When does it stop hurting?" Nayeon often asked herself.

She would always answer herself with, "Of course silly, When you stop loving Jeongyeon, then it will stop."

 

Then she realizes all over again.. how it was completely impossible.

 

xx----------------------------------xx

 

        It’s 8:00pm  on the clock,  and they’re sitting down on a circular table. On center left is none other than Nayeon’s cousin who returned from abroad---  Park Jihyo. Jihyo is the bright-eyed girl with the black fitted dress sitting in the middle. She has bangs and her hair is a naturally-colored chestnut brown.  Just from the way she wore branded clothes from head to toe, you can already see how she's wealthy. They’re inside a famous bar in seoul and they’ve only starting to drink. Jeongyeon is sitting near Mina, just like it should be, and it just reminded Nayeon all the more that jeongyeon isn’t hers. That what happened during her birthday is just Jeongyeon being kind to her.She drank bitterly as she swallowed all the drinks.

"Ya, slow down bunnytooth” Sana said as she grabs Nayeon’s glass, “Don’t drink so much, you’ll get wasted and you’ll miss all the fun stuff.”

“let her be Sana!! Let the girl live!” Jihyo laughed, “drink more Nayeon!”

“Ya! Are you really her cousin? You sound like a erted old man trying to make a girl drunk.” Chaeyoung laughed teasing Jihyo.

“Ya! You’re dirty mouth haven’t change! Don’t tease me or I won’t pay for that expensive tequila you’re drinking!” Jihyo rolled her eyes,
“well let’s get started. How are you all? I’ve missed you so muh. I can see new faces.”

Jihyo is very close with Sana, Nayeon, Jeongyeon, chaeyoung and Tzuyu. She goes to the same school with them but then she moved to Canada for college.  Jihyo was the so called 'Leader of the group'. She's very naughty and mischievous just like chaeyoung, but the difference is.. she’s always too smart to get caught. She was a schemer and Nayeon couldn’t count how many times the latter got her into trouble.

 

“So.. Jeongyeon and Nayeon? How are you? You both doing fine are you still---- ouch ouch!” jihyo’s talking suddenly stopped when she felt pain when someone kicked her on her legs. It’s Nayeon, of course.

She enlarge her eyes looking at her cousin having that ‘don’t-you-dare-say-anything’ look. Jihyo sighs as she finally gets it. She saw how that new face is clinging next to Jeongyeon. She must’ve been Jeongyeon’s new girl.

 

“So who’s this?” Jihyo pointed at Mina, “you’re a new face, aren’t you?”

 

Mina smiled and nodded. Joeongyeon scoffed as she held mina’s hand, “She’s Mina. My girlfriend.”

 

‘Damn’ Jihyo almost cursed when she realized that Jeongyeon and Nayeon broke up. She worked so hard to got them together during high school.

 

“you’re very pretty.” Jihyo smiled, “but Nayeon’s pretty too.”

 

Mina’s eyebrows raised. Jihyo mischivoulsy smiled, “Oh who do you think is prettier between the two? Nayeon or Mina?”

 

Nayeon bit her lip. About to get angry. Jeongyeon was about to open when Chaeyoung suddenly answered, “It’s Mina of course.”

 

When Chaeyoung said that she immediately put a hand on . There was  an awkward silence. Mina looked away, blushing and a bit embarssed,“I mean, what I mean is…Mina-unnie is kinder so she’s prettier . Nayeon-unnie is a bully!”

 

“Well you’re on Chaeyoungiee!” Nayeon laughed as she playfully pulled the younger’s hair.

 

But as Jihyo heard that, she knows that there’s more to it than that. As she looked at Chaeyoung and Nayeon, she smiled slyly as she drinks on her tequila, “This is gonna be a fun night.”

 

xx----------------------------------xx

 

It’s 10:00 already and everyone’s enjoying themselves. Mina though is almost on her limit. 

“Oh yeah, nayeon, one question?” Jihyo asked between hiccups.

“what?” Nayeon asked. She was still sober and the alchohol has no affect on her.

“are you over your ex?” jihyo laughed. “you know the one I’m talking about.”

Nayeon turned frozed and she didn’t even bothered to look at Jeongyeon. She bit her lip as she tried to act tough, “of course! i’m totally oooover her!! It’s been so long!”

 

Jeongyeon stopped with Nayeon’s words. There’s pain inside her chest which she knows she fully deserved. ‘Yes, nayeon is over me. And I shouldn’t let this feelings ruin what we have’ Jeongyeon thought.  She sipped bitterly on her tequila as she talked to Mina again.

 

Even though that, right this moment she wanted to be beside Nayeon. She wanted Nayeon to be the one in her arms.

 

“Ohh really?” Jihyo chuckles, “Then prove us!”

 

“Yeah!” Sana said, “you should try to hook up with others! so you could also move on. Really.”

 

Nayeon sighs, “I don’t think so.”

 

“huh. Coward.” Jihyo rolled her eyes, “well to be fair, this is gonna be a treaty, We tonight. Aaaall the single ones needs to hook up!”

 

“what?!” Chaeyoung asked freaking out, “I don’t think that’s a good idea!”

 

“the loser pays the bill.” Jihyo smirked.

 

Everyone’s eyes almost dropped when they saw the bill Jihyo is showing. And there’s no freaking way they can pay that.

 

“so get all your off and find someone already!” Jihyo laughed.

 

“what about Tzuyu then?” Sana asked, “she can’t. she’s underage.”

 

Jihyo sighs, “listen here Sana-umma. Tzuyu needs to find a lover! She’s on the right age. Why are you so overprotective?”

 

Sana stayed silent as Jihyo smirked, “so Tzuyu, you can go, or maybe I can help you find the right targets first?”

 

“what about that one? She seems hot.” Jihyo said pointing at someone pretty on the bar. She nudge on Nayeon.  As Nayeon turned to look at the girl, she saw a beautiful woman who is looking at her. The woman smiled at Nayeon. Nayeon turned away blushing beet red.

Jeongyeon scoffed, “she seems a bit too aggressive for Nayeon.”

 

“No I don’t think so.” Sana smiled ast Jeongyeon, but her eyes wasn’t smiling, “I think she’s great!!! Omo, Nayeon, I know her, she’s Jennie. She’s from our university. She’s on a rock band and very popular. And I know her she used to tell me that---”

 

“she’s going out with Jisoo.” Jeongyeon said.

 

“Oh really?” Sana asked then she saw a woman walking over the girl, “Oh yeah. There goes Jisoo.”

 

Sana smiled as she saw how cute Jennie and Jisoo is together.  The couple is both individually famous in the school. Jennie as the girl crush band singer and Jisoo as the pianist.

“though Jennie used to tell that she have a massive crush on Nayeon. Too bad they hooked up.” Sana sighs. Sana felt how it’s such a waste that her friend can finally find a new love.

 

“it’s alright. I guess she isn’t my style?” Nayeon smiled.

 

Jeongyeon smiled in victory as the latter was left alone. Sana was right though, Jennie has a massive crush on Nayeon.  She used to tell Jeongyeon about it too.. but without everyone knowing, Jeongyeon set up Jennie with Jisoo.  Jeongyeon could slap her face with her childishness, but she wasn’t even aware she’s doing it. She can’t stop herself. She’s irritated on the way Jennie would talk about Nayeon, telling her that she’s pretty.

 

Because Jeongyeon knows it already.

 

 

She found Nayeon so pretty. Prettier than Mina and Prettier than anyone else.

 

That she felt so guilty.

 

Even if Mina is her girlfriend, For Jeongyeon, Nayeon is still the prettiest girl she had ever laid her eyes on. Just like how she first met her, she always felt being captivated everytime she looks at her.

 

 

“and Chaeyoungie. What about you? Any types?” Jihyo asked.

 

“Chaeyoung never had a type before. She never had a crush like ever, “Tzuyu sighs, “I don’t think so no one ever suited to be her type.”

 

Jihyo smiled slyly, “I know her type though. It’s the shy awkward, elegant girly type.”

 

As jihyo said that Caheyoung stiffened,“How did you know?” Sana asked.

 

“just guessing, oh then fine. I’m gonna leave you all here tonight. Gonna find my buddy. and look forward, this bar has some exciting events.”

 

xx----------------------------------xx

 

               It’s 11:00 already and Mina already passed out from so much drink. Jeongyeon carried her into the V.I.P. As Nayeon saw the way Jeongyeon’s hands carried Mina, she could almost hear her own heart break that moment. She couldn’t even smile, she just nodded and tried to pinched her arm hoping that pain she feels inside her chest would go away. She sighs heavily in disappointment. Sana just rubbed Nayeon’s back not knowing what to say to make her feel better because nothing’s good with her situation. She couldn’t even think of a bright side, everything’s just ing painful.

 

“I wish, I could’ve been the one who passed out.” Nayeon said bitterly, “then she would’ve carried me. And I would be the only one in her eyes. It’s so unfair.”

“If you passed out, everyone’s gonna be worried. Don’t be like that, stupid unnie.” Tzuyu said.

Nayeon smiled as she nodded with the younger. While they all comfort Nayeon, they didn’t notice Chaeyoung gulping down tequila after tequila as if she’s gulping down all the lump on and the pain her chest. She closed her eyes with each drink, begging herself to forget how Jeongyeon carried Mina, and how it felt to carry her. She did it before, when she first fell in love with her but maybe it isn’t meant to be her.

 

“This bar has a tradition of 7 minutes in heaven in that cabinet! We’re gonna pick 3 pairs each of you!” The host  suddenlyexclaimed and everyone gone wild.  Nayeon and everyone looked at the man on the stage as they listened curiously. He quickly pull out a piece of paper in the box and smiled, “The first couple is…. Momo and.. Nayeon!”

 

'Momo? That sounds familiar’ Nayeon thought but her eyes gone wider when she realized that she was the on who was called.

 

Everyone on the club pulled her into the front stage, as she suddenly saw the person being paired with her, It’s none other than the blonde who took her ring from the amusement park. She was wearing a leather jacket and tight ripped jeans which made her effortlessly allurin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter