CHAPTER XIII: Time can heal wounds but

Say you won't let go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    10:00am on an Architectural firm office, Two women are rubbing both of heads because of hangover, from too much thirst on alchohol last night.  Jeongyeon and Jessica should be busy making another set of plans for another residential project but-= yes, alchohol and heartbreak got the better of them again.

"My head fckn hurts!!" Jessica groaned.

"That's good now it's synchonizing with your heart" Jeongyeon snickered.

"what have i done to you yoo jeongyeon?!" Jessica glared.

"You made me drink all the other drinks left" Jeongyeon gritted her teeth, "Thank you so much."

"You're welcome." Jessica said sweetly.

“I out last night ugh,” Jeongyeon groaned, rubbing her head with the worst headache.

“Don’t worry I paid for your bill.” Jessica smiled sweetly.

Jeongyeon’s eyes widened,  “w-what? Well, thank you for the good will, can’t believe you have that Jessica-ssi”

“uh-ah” Jessica slyly smiled, “that ain’t free.. you need to help me.”

“on what?”

“you need to accompany for…” Jessica said as sher voice softens, “for taeyeon’s wedding.”

 

“what?! You’re attending?!” Jeongyeon raised her voice, “are you stupid or something?!”

“maybe I am! But why do you care anyway”

“what do you expect to do there? Will you say ‘Stop the wedding’ when someone asked “Speak now or forever hold your peace?” Jeongyeon rolled her eyes, “ I tell you now unnie, you’re only gonna hurt yourself.”

Jessica sighs and looked down, “Maybe.. maybe I’ll do that… if I can have her back when I do that, but I can’t do anything but to wish her happiness. I just… wanna see her happy, then maybe that way, I can move on. Afterall, that’s all that matters when you love someone.”

“Fine then,” Jeongyeon sighs, she can’t help but feel pity towards the older girl, “I’ll be your to the wedding.”

“Jinja?”

“of course, If I didn’t I’m afraid you’ll really make scandal there.”

“Great, I’ve already prepared a tuxedo for you,” Jessica chuckled.

Jeongyeon glared at her, “You had this already all planned out right from the start, don’t you?”

 

Jessica smiled and winked, “Thank you jeongyeonnie”

 

And Jeongyeon knows she can never back out now.

XX-----------------------------------------------XX

Inside the usual café they used to go to on 11:00 am, The three childhoodfriends, Sana, Tzuyu and Nayeon are all sitting in their usual spot. It changed a lot, it now expanded but the rustic style remained.

“how’s America by the way Nayeonnie?” Sana asked.

“It’s alright, at first I found it hard to adjust but Jihyo was there for me and helped me out a lot. I’ve made some friends. I’m actually here with my friend Tiffany and Rose. Rose and I are staying on Tiffany’s mansion” Nayeon continued as she sipped her espresso coffee, “I’m here temporarily because of Tiffany’s wedding.”

“She’s getting married? How  lucky~” Sana squealed.

 

“with someone her parents chose,” Nayeon frowned.

 

“it’s bad being born rich sometimes,” Tzuyu said, “I’m glad I’m born average and lived on the same neighbourhood as Sana.”

Sana smiled then hugged Tzuyu.

“ya! I live on the same neighbourhood as you both!” nayeon whined.

“but you can’t expect me to date you unnie,” Tzuyu said.

“You still haven’t change have you?” Nayeon laughed, “ as savage as always.”

“I wish you would stay with us,” Sana looked down.

“and I wish you could go back with Jeongyeon-unnie” Tzuyu continued, it was then there was silence.

 

“Come on,” Tzuyu said, “I know you still love her, otherwise you wouldn’t ran away like that last night. You were scared~ scared because…”

 

“tzuyu-ah” Sana warned. It was then Tzuyu stopped and looked at Nayeon, poutingly she said, “fine.”

 

 

“please keep this a secret to the others okey?” Nayeon asked.

 

The two nodded even though Tzuyu couldn’t agree with Nayeon’s decision.

 

XX-------------------------------------------XX

 

It’s already 2:00 pm when Sana got back on her house. It was then she spotted a familiar dwarf waiting on her frontyeard, Son Chaeyoung.

“sana-unnie, I have something to ask you.” Chaeyoung said as she sat down the dark wooden bench on Sana’s veranda. There are plants hanging above it that Sana loved to take care of.

“alright, wait a minute.” Sana smiled and went inside a house to mix coffee and get some snacks. She is particularly curious in which why chaeyoung visited suddenly.

Sana smiled as she put down a cup of coffee on the table in front of the younger, “what would you ask my dear chaeyoung? Any love advice?”

To Sana’s disappointment, there wasn’t a hint of a smile on the younger’s lips. Chaeyoung looked straight at Sana and said,

“….why didn’t you tell us that Nayeon-unnie’s back?”

 

Sana bit her lip and looked away, “c-chayeoung-ah.. what are you talking about?”

 

“so she really is back,” Chaeyoung said, because she know Sana can’t lie. She would look away whenever she does.

“I saw her unnie, on the bar last night when I pulled mina out the bar.  I can’t be wrong, why are you hiding her? Hyung needs to know this.”

“No chaeyoung, don’t.” Sana asked as she gripped the younger’s wrist.

 

“why?! Why the are you doing this to my hyung?” Chaeyoung shrieked, she looked pissed off.“you know that she almost went crazy when Nayeon left her without warning, how desperately she searech for her, and you know… how pathetic she made herself just so she could see nayeon once again! And now—you’re all against her?!”

 

“Chaeyoung, calm down. We’re not against your sister, we’re not against jeongyeon. We are her friends too for goddamn sake” Sana said, “I know, I know what jeongyeon went through but I also know what Nayeon went thorugh too. They need to be away from each other, because they’re only hurting each other so much.”

 

“fine.” Chaeyoung answered,  still abit pissed off, “but i tell you, once the topic comes up, I’ll tell hyung.”

 

She then stood up and left, leaving the tea Sana made for her, and leaving sana sighing all by herself. The truth is--- Sana was scared for Nayeon. She was her childhood friend, and someone she had laways cared for like a true sister.

 

She saw how Nayeon destroyed herelf in the last years. And when Nayeon collapse in the hospital when Jeongyeon blamed her, it hit sana hard.

 

That would be the last time she wanted Nayeon to get hurt, she thought.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter