CHAPTER XVII: Movie Scene

Say you won't let go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

                “Nayeon!” Nayeon walks faster without stopping despite the desparate calls from the person running after her. The struggle while walking on the soft sand doesn’t even affect her but her heart feels even more heavier everytime she felt the cold wind blowing from the sea—as if, it’s reminding her momo’s words.

 

“Just because I’m not good with this poetic —doesn’t mean I couldn’t love just as hard!”

 

Of course, she had taken Momo lightly all this time. The woman was there in these past three years when she’s on her worst—holding her hair back when she’s throwing up from Bulimia, making momo’s shirt her tissue everytime she cries, waking her up with her coffee and breakfast in bed in the mornings and even cooking for her in the evening.

This past three years.. she wouldn’t had changed without Momo’s help.  She’s her sun. She told her the truth—but why can’t she stop wanting Jeongyeon?

 

“Nayeon!!”

 

Finally, Jeongyeon was able to stop Nayeon as she grabbed her left arm. She turned Nayeon to face her, as she stops when she sees tears falling down from Nayeon.

 

“What’s wrong?” Jeongyeon asked feeling her heart break on the sight of Nayeon’s tears.

 

With Lips quivering, Nayeon looked down shaking her head. Momo’s words shattered her heart into pieces and like broken pieaces of glass—guilt wounds her everytime she looks at Jeongyeon.

 

Nayeon feels closing up, “Momo.. she left me, she’s angry… I don’t know what to do anymore… “

 

 

Jeongyeon’s grip on her arm tightened, “I’m still here Nayeon, for you. Even when all of them disappears… I’ll be here for you.”

 

 

Nayeon bit her lip as she looked at Jeongyeon. Bitter feelings starts rising up.

 

“Jeongyeon,” Nayeon says, “You can’t expect me to believe that, right? Not when the love you gave me before just disappeared.”

 

Jeongyeon stopped as she looked down. Seeing the hate on Nayeon’s eyes made her feel like some sort of criminal. Guilt starts to eat her up.

 

“That’s the problem there, Nayeon. It didn’t disappear, even when I decided to break up with you.”

 

Amidts of tears, Nayeon yells, “Then why?! Why did you break up with me? All this time, I’ve been blaming myself non-stop. Asking if something’s wrong with me, if I had done something wrong—or why am I not enough?”

 

Jeongyeon’s eyes starts to soften as she looked at Nayeon, “How can you not be enough when you give so much love? Nayeon, you were more than enough. It’s just that— I was scared.”

 

“Scared?” Nayeon shakes her head, “of what?!”

 

“I was scared—of hurting you.” Jeongyeon says, “when we were together, you would always cry and I don’t know what to do to make you happy. I would hurt you when all this time I just want you to smile, I start getting scared. Nayeon, when we were together, all the emotions always on high, we were too happy and too sad, there’s no in between. I started to get tired and get scared. I thought that if we go back to being friends—then it’ll be better for both of us.”

 

Nayeon rubs both of her hands on her face as tears came flowing from her eyes to her cheeks.  She hates how Jeongyeon always manages to make her cry, when she set herself up to be strong. Of course, Nayeon knows this. What Jeongyeon had said is true, when they’re together—it’s an emotional rollercoaster, either too happy or too sad. But it hurts badly when Jeongyeon tells her the truth. That it’s tiring to be with her.

 

 

 

“I was scared too.” Nayeon says, “Do you know how much I pictured you leaving me or when other women talks to you, I was scared that you’ll be with me. I was scared that like my dad, you’ll stop loving me.”

“I’m sorry.” Jeongyeon said looking straight to her eyes, “If I could say it a thousand times, then I would.”

“It’s fine,” Nayeon answered, looking down, “It’s alright. It’s in the past now.”

“It’s all in the past,”Jeongyeon swallowed, “Maybe for you. But all these years, I’ve been living in the past—reliving all those moments everyday, That moment when I shouldn’t had let you go, when I shouldn’t had made you cry.”

 

Without Nayeon’s expectation, Jeongyeon put her knees into the sand kneeling before her. “I know.. I have been selfish but please choose me. I will treasure and love you for all the remaining time of my life.”

 

“Jeongyeon, Stop this.” Nayeon says, “I’m sorry but let’s move on. There’s nothing good that comes out of us, When I see you… It just hurts.”

 

As if she’s feeling numbness, Nayeon pushed away Jeongyeon as she was left still with her knees on the sand.  With a cold face, the woman walked away.

The sea, the wind and the moon, A night too beautiful to have their hearts broken.

XX-------------------------------------------------XX

 

 

“Nayeonnie, let’s go out!” Sana grins pulling Nayeon away from her bed.

 

Nayeon just groaned, covering her whole face with a blanket. Why? Because It’s 6:00 pm, and in Nayeon’s mentality, 6:00 pm is the time to procrastinate on bed.

“Ya!” Then she felt a hand hitting her head. Forcefully, she looked up to see the person looking down on her with her hands crossed on her chest with a frustrated face.

 

“Sana… why are you here?”

 

“I said, let’s go out!” Sana groans, “You’re only in korea temporarily right? You can’t waste your precious vacation, you pabo!”

 

Nayeon sat down, with her shoulder dropping, she sighs. “I don’t want to… I—just can’t you know. Not after what happened.”

 

Sana rubs her shoulder as she looked at her, “Nayeon, sometimes… we hurt people. We can’t avoid that, but that isn’t a reason to punish yourself.”

 

Nayeon bit her lip as she looked at Sana guiltily, “of all people, I hurt someone who didn’t do anything but to take care of me.”

 

“It’s been two days, Nayeon.” Sana replied, holding her hand, “you need to stop this depression.”

 

 

 

Nayeon sighs and bit her lip, “just let me be I’ll be fine.”

 

Turning her back to Sana, she covered herself with blanket again.

XX------------------------------------------XX

 

           “I’m your sun but you don’t want the sun.. you want the moon--- HAHAHAHAHA” After saying the line, Tiffany laughed way too hard, teasing her friend as her head bangs and wide opened. Both are eating out in a restaurant nearby.

 

“ya. stop laughing at me.” Momo glared.

 

“I’m sorry, okey I…” Tiffany calmed herself, “But HAHAHAHAH Seriously, I just can’t stop—HAHAHAHAH”

“Ya! Ya! If you don’t stop I’m gonna smash your head off!”

Tiffany exhaled and tried to be serious as she put a hand down to her chin, “I’m sorry, fine. I just can’t help but made fun of your cheesy lines, you could be a writer you know! who are you? Sherlock holmes?”

“Sherlock holmes isn’t even a writer for your information,” Momo shook her head, rolling her eyes “It’s William shakesphere you’re talking about”

 

“okey then smart ,” Tiffany raised her eyebrows sipping her coffee, “you just acknowledged that’s how cheesy you are.”

 

Momo sighs in frustration, “fine I admit! It’s corny. But it’s the exact truth.” Momo answers, “She doesn’t want me.”

Tiffany sighs as she looked at Momo, observing the saddened face her friend had, “You know that she doesn’t want you… yet she needs you, right? If you are to leave her side,  don’t you think it’ll be a big blow to her?”

Momo looked down, “I know that! It’s just I’ve reached my limit.”

“I understand you momo-ya, but can you talk to her atleast? I’m worried. I can see her not eating as she used to eat, and a bit sad. That’s not a good sign, you know.”

“I will, Maybe I’ll just cool off my head for a few days.”

“If you keep this up, you don’t know if she’ll be attacked by major depression and guilt again,” Tiffany says, “we all know that even though she had gotten over her anorexia, she still gets attacked by her depression and anxiety sometimes. You know she’s not completely healed yet, she needs you. You are the best at supporting her.. she didn’t call you ‘her sun’ for nothing. You are a necessity.”

 

“Plus.. if you keep this up I’m gonna loose my 20 000 won,” Tiffany whisphers underneath her breath.

 

“what did you say?” Momo asked, turning her head in suspicion.

 

“I said nothing!”

 

Momo then looked down, trails off remembering that happened two years ago. She lived with Nayeon for a year in America, that was Nayeon’s worst state—in which she would throw up everything she eats. She was so thin and she gets attacked by her depression and anxiety she couldn’t even sleep at night.

 

Nayeon needs her, she knows that—but she want Nayeon to love her not to only need her. She wants Nayeon’s eyes to shine as she look at her—she wants Nayeon to look at her just like how she looks at Jeongyeon.

 

Momo the handle of her cup as she thinks and glances to tiffany, “am I selfish?”

 

“Momo-yah.. it’s your every right to be hurt.” Tiffany said, “I’m just worried with Nayeon, you know she’s more vulnerable than any of us.”

 

“I know.”

 

“I just hope, you’ll be happy.” Tiffany sighs, “both of you.”

 

 

Momo smiles, knowing that tiffany refers to the both of them---- the two women loving Nayeon.

 

 

“Don’t wish for mine,” Momo gave her a sad smile, “wish for Nayeon’s, instead.”

 

             It’s already 8:00 pm as Momo looked at her phone. After talking about a lot of things, Momo and Tiffany decided to leave the restaurant. She wore her brown coat and her black bonnet as they both went out of the door.

 

“Oh is that a new guy?” Momo smiles pointing on a guy ready to pick up Tiffany, “can’t believe you already hook up in a just a week here in Korea.”

 

“I’m single, I can do what I want.” Tiffany gave a bright smile waving over the man on the black limo. From head to Toe, he looks like a man of wealth. As Momo and Tiffany went closer, Momo finally observes what he looks like—tanned, tall,pointed nose and small lips, and an eyes that resembles someone they both know.

Momo then gave Tiffany a meaningful smile, “really? A copy of that person?“

“who?” Tiffany asked turning away.

 

Momo stopped then gave a meaningful smile to the woman,“Yuri~”

 

There’s a wide shock on Tiffany’s eyes which made Momo burts into laughter “hahahaha Don’t think you got all of us completely fooled!”

 

It’s then Tiffany gaped, and closed it again. Her eyes widened a bit then tried to composed herself—giving momo her signature eye smile, “what ever are you talking about, momo-yah?”

Momo smiles, “I knew it Fany-unnie.. You had a crush on Yuri during your college days but never got to confess.”

Tiffany sighs, giving up, “alright.. where did you get that?”

Momo chuckled, “I just assumed it, well at least my hunch seems correct,”

Tiffany pouted, “fine then, you got me. But that doesn’t mean I’m hang up on her, she’s got Yoona now! I’m happy now, and so is she.”

 

Tiffany gave then flashed her signature eye smile, “I’m going now, he’s picking me up. Byee~”

 

“enjoy unnie~” Momo smile waving goodbye to Tiffany.

 

 

As the car disappeared from her sight, she sighs and step down of the stairs of the restaurant. She looked down on her phone and saw a name of a familiar person that tugs her heartstrings.

 

From: Nayeonnie <3

Momo, I’m sorry.

 

   She stared at the screen for a whole minute. She bit her lip, contemplating on the words to reply. Like a small stone, she felt her heart being thrown into a pond, slowly drowning once again, on her overwhelming feelings.

With a soft sigh, she decided to slip back the phone into her coat, not responding to the text she just received. She walked in the streets with her hands both on her pocket, breathing the fresh air with her mind elsewhere.

‘I’m sorry.’ Of course Momo know, Nayeon doesn’t want her to leave her. She knows how much Nayeonn considers her as someone important—when Momo was drunk, Nayeon would tuck her to bed and would just pat her head until she calms down, when Momo is stressed on her studio works, Nayeon would just laughed at her saying how stressed she looks and serve her a cup of coffee.   All of these, accumulates until she had completely fallen in love with Nayeon.

 

“You !!!”

 

She snapped back to reality when she suddenly heard a scream coming from an alley. She stepped back to see a young man and a young woman, the woman is standing still holding her left cheek as if it has been hit.

 

Then suddenly the man grabbed the woman’s cheeks, attemping to hit her with his other hand. Momo who couldn’t take this, marched and stops in front of the couple. The scowl on her face is evident as she says, “Stop that.”

 

“Why do you ing care?! Who are you?!” The man asked with a equal scowl on his face. Of course, Momo knows how scary he looks yet he knows he can’t look away.

 

“continue doing that or—“ Momo calmly took out her phone and dialled something as she puts the phone on her ear, “Hello? Is this the police station? Yes, a man is---“

 

 

“!!! I’ll let you go this time!!” the man slipped away running away until he disappeared in front of them.

 

As the night echoes in Silence and the sounds of cars passing by,  Momo and the young woman was left in the Alley.

“if you’re waiting for me to thank you, don’t expect any.” The woman said cli

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter