Departure

A Trip to the Pearl of the Orient

 

Sooyoung left the dorm and said her goodbyes to her members before she left for the airport. She had one luggage with her, color pink, and filled with every girl’s necessities. 

She already checked-in and was trying to find the terminal gate where she would wait in. She was getting lost. “Aish! Where is Gate 9?” she said to herself already irritated.

Sooyoung was too busy finding the gate that she didn’t noticed she stepped on the flat escalator on the floor that was going opposite her direction. She tripped and fell on somebody.

“Aish!” they both said as they fell onto the ground.

They both looked up and was surprised they knew each other in one glance.

“Cheondung-ssi?”

“Sooyoung-ssi?”

They both know each other since both were K-pop idols and had met each other on some occasions. They were also of the same age. They got up as soon as they realized they were still on the floor.

“Ah Sooyoung-ssi! Mianhae!” Cheondung said as he bowed to apologized.

Sooyoung did the same. “Oh! It was me who wasn’t paying attention!” she said while bowing. “What brings you here? I don’t see you with your other members.” She asked him.

“I should be asking that too.” He said as he noticed he only saw one girl instead of nine. “I’m going to the Philippines again! This time I’m shooting a commercial.” He said excitingly.

Sooyoung was surprised. “You’re going too to shoot a commercial?” she asked curiously.

Cheondung blinked twice. “Nae. Why are you so surprised? I thought it’s normal for us idols.” He said.

“It’s just that I’m going there to shoot a commercial too. Are you perhaps maybe my partner?” she asked nervously while almost whispering the last word.

“Jinjja? Wow! Then I’m so lucky to shoot a commercial with an SNSD member!” he said as he grabbed her hand and started running looking for the departure gate.

“Yah! What are you doing?” she asked him while running out of breath.

“It’s already 6:30 am pabo yah! We’re gonna be late!” he said.

Sooyoung didn’t notice it so she also started running faster until they reached a departure gate numbered 9.

They were both panting when they reached the gate. They quickly gave their tickets to the staff and entered the airplane. The flight stewardess greeted them and guided them to their seats. Fortunately, they were right next to each other. They sat down with Sooyoung on the window side and quickly buckled their seatbelts.

“Cheondung-ssi?” Sooyoung called him.

“Nae?” he said as he faces her.

“You seem to be so excited.” She told him.

“Of course! I love this place!” he said with a cute expression.

Sooyoung couldn’t help herself but giggle at his innocent face.

“Korean Air Flight 1005 bound for Manila will be departing soon. Please fasten your seatbelts and turn off all electronic devices during taxi and take-off. “The flight attendant informed all passengers.

Sooyoung just fell asleep and did she not know that her head was slowly leaning onto Cheondung’s shoulders.

Cheondung was a bit surprised by this but just smiled. He was also falling asleep with his head on top of her hair.