Arrival at Manila

A Trip to the Pearl of the Orient

 

DING DONG DING

“Korean Air Flight 1005 bound for Manila is about to land at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport in a few minutes. All Manila designated passengers please claim your baggage at Terminal 24 while passengers flight-connected please head towards domestic Terminal 5. Please fasten your seatbelts and turn off all electronic devices while we are about to land now.” The flight attendant informed everyone.

Cheondung heard the announcement and woke up Sooyoung whose head was still on his shoulders. “Sooyoung-ssi” he said while shaking her not too hard. “Sooyoung, we’re already here.” He whispered not too loudly.

Sooyoung yawned a bit while waking up and stretched. “Oh, we’re here?” she said as she just realized this.

“Nae. Look outside.” Cheondung told her while pointing outside the window.

She looked outside and was captivated by what she saw. “Wow, it’s so pretty outside.” She said in awe. “You better take off your sweater, it’s pretty hot outside already.” He advised her while taking off his.

“Oh, okay.” She said while giving him a smile. He just looked away since he didn’t want to see him blush a bit.

The airplane finally landed and they were guided outside. Sooyoung felt like she needed to go to the CR first so she asked Cheondung for help to look. Then they spotted an old nice looking janitor.

Cheondung decided that he be the one to ask. “Sooyoung, just stay here.” He told her as Sooyoung just nodded.

“Mano Po, saan po ba ‘yung CR?” (Sir, where’s the CR?) he asked.  The old man stopped what he was doing and answered him.

“Ah. Nandoon sa tabi ng tindahan.” (It’s over there besides the shop.) he said while pointing to the mentioned shop.

“Salamat Po.” (Thank You Sir) Cheondung said.

“Eh, sandali, kasama mo ba ang babaeng iyan?” (Wait, is that girl with you?) The janitor asked.

Cheondung looked at Sooyoung who was looking at them curiously.

“Opo.Bakit? Galing palang kami sa Korea. Di niya maintindihan kung anong pinagsasabihan natin.” (Yes Sir. Why? We just came from Korea. She can’t understand anything we’re saying.) Doong answered.

He then told Sooyoung where the CR was and that he’ll just be waiting here while she goes there.

“Maganda siya. Pag-ingatan mo iyan, bata. Bagay kayo ah! Liniligawan mo ba siya?” (She’s a beautiful girl. You take care of her, young man. You two match! Are you courting her?) The man asked.

“Ah! Hindi Po!” (Ah!  No Sir!) he answered as his face was red.

“Ah, ganun pala iyan. Pero, habang tumatagal ang pagkaibigan, siguradong may mararamdaman ka na hindi lang pangkaibigan. Ah. Marami na ang sinabi ko. Sige, mauna na ako. Ingat kayo.”

 ( So it’s like that. But the longer of you are friends; surely you may feel something not just as a friend for each other. Oh. Looks like I’ve said too much. I’ll go first. Take Care you two.) the janitor said and  walked away going somewhere else to clean.

Cheondung was now as red as ever. And since he had white skin, it was surely clear. Then he felt a smack on his back.

“Yah! Cheondung! What took you so long? And why are you so red?” Sooyoung asked him as she was the one smacked him.

“Ummm.. Nothing. Uhhh. Let’s go now!” He said as he grabbed her wrist once again pulling her to get their luggage.

Once they got their bags, they got a taxi right away before they would be noticed by K-pop fans or paparazzi.

“Saan Po Kayo?” (Where are you going?) the driver asked.

“Shangri La Hotel.” Cheondung answered.

“Wow. You’re so good in speaking their language. How long have you been here?” Sooyoung asked curiously.

“Hmm.. probably since I was grade 1. Then I came back to Korea during high school.” He answered.

“JJang, that’s pretty long. No wonder you’re so good at it. By the way, what were you and that old man awhile ago talking about?” She asked bending her head to left.

Cheondung turned red again. “Umm.. how was the Philippines.” He lied.

“Oh okay, so why are you red?” she asked again.

“Yah!  Why are you so curious!?” he said to her sounding like he’s angry.

“oh… ummm.. nevermind.” She said almost whispering forcing out a small smile and just looked out the window.

Cheondung realized she got scared by the tone of his voice.

“Mianhae Sooyoung-ah.” He said to her calmly.

Sooyoung looked back at him. “it’s okay Doong-ah.” She said as she shot him another bright smile.

Then the radio . “Good Afternoon! Hope everyone enjoyed their lunch. How about we have some upbeat music by Girls’ Generation! This is dedicated to the taxi drivers out there! Here it comes, Mr. Taxi!” the radio DJ said before playing.

“Waah! It’s Mr. Taxi!” Sooyoung said in delight as she started singing too.

Then the chorus came. “Mr. Taxi Taxi Taxi, soutou jeukshi jeukshi…….”

When it was her part, Sooyoung instinctively sang “hikarigakayaku” which made Cheondung chuckled a bit.

Then came the bridge. “Hey 1 2 3 Here we go! AWWWW!” Sooyoung hysterically sang to.

This time, Doong couldn’t hold his laughter. “AHHAHAha” he laughed which made Sooyoung stop her actions.

“What’s funny?” she asked like she didn’t know.

“Pabo, we’re in a taxi. Don’t ruin your image too much.” He said as he wiped a tear of laughter from his eyes. Sooyoung just stayed quiet again.

“We’re here.” The driver said as he pulled his car to the entrance of the hotel.

“Thanks.” They both said as they came out of the taxi and got their things.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello! This is my first fanfic! i decided to have random pairings which are likely to be adorable, (most of 'em will be Sooyoung-centric). But i can always post my OTPs too ^^ I'll promise to update as soon as possible! If you like this story, you can always subsribe! <3