Chapter 9

Six Weeks till Forever

Jeonghan stretched, his feet accidentaly hitting Seungcheol's chin as the elder sat with his feet in his lap. 

In return, Jeonghan got a pillow to the face. 

He laughed, throwing the pillow off to the side. Just as Seungcheol had promised, he had stopped by the day after their make-up date, and the two were currently sitting on Jeonghan's bed, Seungcheol's brow furrowed as he looked at something on his phone and Jeonghan stretched out lazily on his back with his feet in the elder's lap. 

"Hey Angel," Seungcheol said suddenly, poking Jeonghan's foot. He lifted his head to look at the elder. 

"What?"

Seungcheol looked at him curiously. "Do you know how to snowboard?"

Jeonghan gave him a weird look. "Why? And no."

As a response, the elder showed him his phone. Jeonghan let his eyes wander over the page once before he looked at Seungcheol in surprise. "You got tickets to the Alps?" 

Seungcheol nodded sheepishly. "Yeah. I already bought them, but I just wanted to make sure it was okay with you." 

Jeonghan nodded. "Sure. One one condition."

"Name it," Seungcheol said. 

Smiling slowly, Jeonghan looked at him evenly. "I get to bring some of my friends." 

"Deal," Seungcheol said immediatly. "I'll take care of the tickets. Who do you want to bring?"

Jeonghan thought for a moment, tapping his fingers against his lips and letting his head hang over the edge of the bed. "Hmm. Jihoon, for sure, and Soonyoung. And Seungkwan too, I guess." 

"If you bring Seungkwan, I'm bringing Vernon," Seungcheol challenged.

Jeonghan sighed. "Oh, fine." 

Seungcheol laughed and pulled him up so he wasn't hanging off the bed. "So it's settled, then?" 

Jeonghan nodded. "I mean, yeah. We'll miss school though." 

The elder shrugged. "I don't care. I havn't been snowboarding in ages." 

Jeonghan smiled at him before falling back on the bed, this time on his side so he wasn't encouraging excessive blood flow to his head. "But I don't know how to snowboard," he told Seungcheol. 

The elder shrugged. "I can teach you."

Cocking an eyebrow, Jeonghan challenged, "What if I want to ski instead?"

"Well, then I can't help you, sweetheart," Seungcheol replied. Jeonghan frowned at the elder. 

"Wow, so much help you are," He muttered. 

Seungcheol laughed and fell on his back next to Jeonghan. "It's not in my genetics to be helpful, only annoying."

"Oh god, is that true," Jeonghan scoffed. Seungcheol flicked his nose as a response and smiled. Jeonghan smiled back, before he realized he was blushing and bolted up. 

'"Excuse me," He muttered, flying out of the room and into the bathroom. His fingers fumbled with his phone as he quickly found Jihoon's contact and called him. 

"Jeonghan, what the , Soonyoung and I were making out," Jihoon snapped. 

Jeonghan's eyes widened. "For real?" 

He could almost hear Jihoon's trolling smile. "Nah, I'm home alone right now. What's up?"

"Seungcheol's here, what do I do?" Jeonghan panicked into the phone. 

"Whoa, relax, Hannie, you'll be fine. Just act the same way you usually do." Jihoon sounded amused on the line. 

"Are you sure?" Jeonghan asked, chewing his lip. 

"Yes, I'm sure. Now go, Soonyoung's at the door." 

Jeonghan rolled his eyes. "Nice try, Ji. I'm not hanging up."

"Hey Jeonghan." 

His eyes widened as he heard Soonyoung's voice over the phone. 

"Okay, bye," He said quickly and hung up, but not before he heard both Soonyoung and Jihoon laugh. 

 Jeonghan quickly fixed his hair before exiting the bathroom and walking down the hall to his bedroom.

Seungcheol looked up as he came in and confidently draped himself across the elder's lap.

"Give me a fact," Jeonghan commanded, linking his arms around Seungcheol's neck.

The elder sighed. "You're pretty bent on the whole getting to know me thing," he muttered.

"Sure am," Jeonghan replied. "Fact."

Seungcheol thought for a moment. "Okay, how about this. My birthday is in September."

Jeonghan nodded. "Now was that so hard?" he teased. In response, Seungcheol flipped their positions and began to tickle Jeonghan under his shirt. He squirmed and laughed, fighting against the elder though he knew it was useless.

"S-stop!" He gasped out, fighting to block Seungcheol's hands. The elder just laughed and continued to tickle him. Getting an idea, Jeonghan took a lungful of air. "JUN!" He screamed. "HELP ME!" 

In literally two seconds, Junhui burst into Jeonghan's room armed with a hair brush. When he saw the sight on the bed, he dropped the hairbursh and quickly shouted a random apology before darting from the room, his face flushed a bright red. Jeonghan cackled, loving the reaction. Seungcheol just shook his head and kissed the top of Jeonghan's, before rolling off and picking his phone up. 

"Oh, I forgot to tell you, the trip to the Alps is next week. Or really, this week. We're leaving Monday." 

Jeonghan nodded, still smiling, and quickly finger combed his hair over his shoulder. "Alright. How long are we staying?"

"The whole week, we fly back Saturday," Seungcheol told him. 

Jeonghan winced. He'd have alot of classwork to make up, as would Jihoon and Seungkwan. As he thought of his friends, he remembered that he should probably tell them. Leaning across Seungcheol, he grabbed his laptop from his nightstand and quickly video called Jihoon and Seungkwan. 

"O. M. Goodness," Seungkwan blurted when he saw Seungcheol in the background. "Hannie." 

He shook his head. "That's a story for another time, Boo."

Seungkwan just hummed before asking, "Why isn't Jihoon answering?" 

Jeonghan smirked as he thought of his small friend and Soonyoung. "It's okay, I'll get them." He grabbed his phone and quickly called Jihoon. It went to voice mail, as he assumed it would, so he called back, knowing Jihoon would answer out of annoyance. 

"What do you want, Hannie?" He heard Jihoon sigh. "I'm busy." 

"What, busy with Soonyoung?" He teased. 

"WHAT?" Seungkwan screamed through the computer. 

"Oh no," Jihoon muttered. 

"Oh yes," Jeonghan replied. "Get on the video chat or I'll tell Seungkwan everything." 

There was a slience on the line for a while before Jihoon muttered, "Fine." 

Jeonghan grinned to himself and hung up before turning to the computer to see Jihoon's strawberry head, his face lightly dusted with a cute pink as Soonyoung sat next to him. 

"What is this for?" Jihoon asked. 

"Oh, you don't know?" Jeonghan exclaimed, his MC side coming out. "Then let me tell you! Seungcheol tell them."

"What?" his boyfriend cried, obviously not expecting to be dragged into the conversation. 

"Go on," Jeonghan prompted. "Tell them."

Seungcheol sighed and moved into the frame before saying, "I bought tickets to the Alps, and Jeonghan wants you three to come along."

Seungkwan screeched in excitement, his chubby image blurring around his screen as Jihoon and Soonyoung just sat there, Jihoon obviously judging Seungkwan and Soonyoung looking at the strawberry out of the corner of his eye. 

"Is that a yes then?" Jeonghan asked. 

"Oh my gosh, yes!" Seungkwan cried immediatly. "So much beauty, so much adventure, oooh, and Hannie, you could take pictures and put them above your couch!"

He smiled at the freshman before turning his attention to Jihoon and Soonyoung. "You two?"

"Sure, I'm down," Soonyoung replied. Jeonghan grinned and looked at Jihoon. 

"And you?"

Jihoon looked at them all through the screen before sighing. "Oh alright, I'll come." 

Jeonghan yipped in excitement, briefly saying goodbye to his friends before shutting off his laptop and falling on his back. He looked out the window to see that it was much darker outside than he thought. Time had really flown. He sighed. "I can't wait."

"Me neither. I've honestly been planning this for a while. It'll be a good break from all this campus drama," Seungcheol replied, laying down next to him. 

Suddenly, Jeonghan had an idea. He shot up and hopped off the bed, grabbing a sweatshirt and his keys before grabbing Seungcheol's wrist and dragging him off the bed. He pulled him through the apartment, stopping briefly so the could put on their shoes and so he could tell Jun that they were heading out. The opted for the stairs, as it was faster than waiting for the elevator, then walked through the lobby to the darkening city, briefly greeting Hoseok and Seokjin, who was sitting on the welcome counter. 

It wasn't until they got outside that Seungcheol pulled him to a stop. "Where are we going?"

Jeonghan just smiled. "On an adventure."

 

/      /     /

 

Jeonghan sighed as he sat in his favorite spot, a small secluded clearing in the city park, nestled within the forested area. He lay down on his back and looked up at the stars, Seungcheol next to him. The elder had given him his leather jacket to use as a pillow, but he had opted for putting it on over his sweatshirt, as it was chilly. 

"What are we doing?" Seungcheol whispered. 

"What do you think, we're stargazing," Jeonghan whispered back. 

"Why?"

"Because I want to," Jeonghan said simply. 

After about three seconds, Seungcheol asked, "Why are we whispering?"

Getting sick of Seungcheol's childishness, Jeonghan decided to bring out the man in his young-minded boyfriend. He swung himself over Seungcheol's lap and leaned down, the elder leaning up to meet his lips. Their mouths slid together in a calming way, much different to their previous heat-filled stubborn kisses that left them both breathless in the way that they needed oxygen. This one left Jeonghan breathless in a completely different way. He felt as his heart was burning in his chest, depriving him from air, from breathing, from feeling anything but Seungcheol's lips sliding perfectly across his own, Seungcheol's hand gently caressing his cheek, Seungcheol's chest pressed against his own. 

Jeonghan broke away first, Seungcheol's lips reluctantly leaving his own. He looked down at the elder through half-lidded eyes, seeing a look on his boyfriend's face that was completely foreign to him. Then something seemed to spark within Seungcheol and he leaned back up, capturing Jeonghan's lips again and shifting them so he was hovering over him, Jeonghan's hands locked around the elder's neck. Seungcheol had one hand on his hip, the other still on his cheek, his lips moving with more urgency and need than the previous kiss. When Seungcheol broke away, their foreheads remained pressed together, their noses brushing. 

"Jeonghan--"

"Shh. Look." Jeonghan nudged his head towards the royal blue sky above them. There had been a reason they came out tonight. He hadn't told Seungcheol, but there had been a meteor shower scheduled for tonight. So cliche, yes, but Jeonghan had always been a bit of a romantic. Seungcheol looked over his shoulder at the shooting stars and whistled in appreciation. 

"You planned this didn't you," Seungcheol murmured, looking back down at Jeonghan. He just gave him a crooked smile in response. Seungcheol shook his head in amazement and kissed the top of Jeonghan's head before rollling off and settling back on the ground to watch as the meteors shot through the sky above them. They remained like that for a while before Jeonghan felt a hand brush against his own. He looked down to see Seungcheol's fingers threaded through his own. Jeonghan looked up at the elder in surprise, but Seungcheol was still looking up at the sky. Shyly, he leaned over and pecked Seungcheol's cheek. 

This doesn't feel real, but it doesn't feel fake either. 

What is this?

 

/     /     /

 

It was Sunday morning, and Jeonghan woke up in his bed, still in Seungcheol's leather jacket. He thought back to last night, after the meteor shower. They had walked back to Jeonghan's apartment and Seungcheol had left, not bothering to take his jacket back. Jeonghan had practically fallen into bed, not even bothering to change into his pajamas. Now here he was, waking up with Seungcheol's musky, ashy scent greeting his nostrils. He sighed and threw off the jacket. 

This was an issue. 

He was falling. Hard. 

Jeonghan shook his head and tied back his hair sloppily before going out to see if Jun had breakfast ready or if his roommate was still sneezing snotstorms. He was pleasantly greeted with the former, Jun's bare, golden back facing towards him as pile of steaming chocolate cip pancakes sat on the table. 

"Morning Junnie," Jeonghan greeted, sitting down to eat the pancakes. Jun spun around, his amber eyes shining happily and his golden hair gleaming in the morning light. He looked radiant, a stark contrast to the days prior, when he had looked like a monotone lump of disease. "You look happy," Jeonghan noted cautiously. 

"I am," Jun replied. "My parents called last night, my little brother is visiting from China becuase of some trip his class is taking. I'm going to be spending the day with him tomorrow, is that alright?" Nothing could hide the hope in Jun's voice. 

Jeonghan smiled at him. "Of course Junnie, thats perfectly fine." 

His roommate grinned and bounded forward, giving Jeonghan a tight hug. "Thank you so much! I'm sorry I won't be able to spend tomorrow evening with you, I know you like our Monday night pizza." 

Jeonghan just smiled before he remembered that he wasn't going to be there on Monday either. "Actually, Jun, I'm not going to be here either. Seungcheol and I are going to the Alps for the week." 

Jun's face was unnaturally blank for a moment, before he cocked a hip and gave him an unimpressed look, which was kinda dulled by the fact that he had a heart-shaped spatula in his hand. "And you didn't invite me," He sighed. Jeonghan decided that it was probably better that he didn't tell his roommate that he had actually invited Jihoon, Soonyoung and Seungkwan instead of him. "I'm disapointed. You better take lots of decent pictures, our wall is looking kinda dull recently."

Jeonghan nodded, "Yes, I know, I'll take pictures. If you want to, you can spend the week with Mingyu and Wonwoo, I know you dont like to be alone." 

Jun shrugged. "I'd rather be alone than be constantly watching them be sappy and gross. I mean, I love them, and I totally ship it, but the can be cringy as heck at times." 

Jeonghan laughed. "Oh god, is that true!" Jun smiled and laughed along, and Jeonghan felt happy. For a long time, Jun had been moody and his emotions had been off. His breakup with Minghao had been devastating to him. Junhui seemed to finally be breaking out of his slump. 

Jeonghan finished his pancakes and stood up. He grabbed Junhui's wrist and pulled him into the younger's room before chucking random clothes at him. 

"What's this for?" Jun asked, throwing a jacket off his face. 

"Let's go out with Mingyu and Wonwoo today. I'm not going to be seeing you guys all week." Jeonghan threw a smile over his shoulder at his roommate. 

Junhui smiled. "Yeah. Yeah okay."

 

/       /       /

 

Jeonghan laughed as Mingyu was stopped by someone in the mall asking if he wanted to sample some tea. The lady wouldn't take no for an answer, and Jeonghan had a sneaking suspicion that she was probably trying to get his number. 

Eventually, Mingyu managed to get her off by grabbing Wonwoo and intertwining their fingers, asking if his boyfriend wanted to sample the tea as well. The woman was obviously flustered and stuttered out an apology, saying she had no idea he had a boyfriend, which also kinda gave away what she was trying to do. Jeonghan couldn't help but snicker at his best friend as they walked away from the stand, covering his mouth with his hand. Mingyu kicked his ankle. 

"Stop laughing Hannie," he mumbled. "It wasn't funny."

"You're right," Jun pitched in. "It was hilarious!"

Jeonghan and his roommate shared a high-five as they burst out in a fresh bought of laughter. They didn't stop laughing untill they sat down in the food court and were spotted by someone small, slightly chubby, and extraordinarily diva-like. 

"O. M. Goodness!" Seungkwan cried rushing over with a single bag in his arms. Trailing behind were Chan and Minghao, both laden with several bags and boxes, and what looked suspiciously like a pair of skis. Minghao was carrying that. Jun let out a whimper behind Jeonghan when he saw his ex, but Jeonghan kicked his foot and whispered, "Be a man" as Seungkwan threw his arms around him in a tight hug. 

"I didn't know you would be here!" Seungkwan cried. "Are you doing some shopping for the trip too?" 

"Wait, what trip?" Jun asked. Jeonghan's wince was enough to let him know. "Hannie, you invited him but not me?" Jun exclaimed. 

Turning to face his roommate, Jeonghan bit his lip. "Junnie, I would've invited you, but Seungcheol was the one paying for the tickets and I didn't want to burden him."

Junhui just humphed and turned away, crossing his arms. Jeonghan dragged a hand down his face.

"Oops," Seungkwan muttered. "Was I not supposed to mention the trip?"

Jeonghan knew Mingyu and Wonwoo were shaking their heads, even though neither of them really knew what was happening. 

"Whatever, Boo, it's fine. What are you guys doing here?" Jeonghan asked, forcing a smile onto his face. 

"Oh!" Seungkwan exclaimed, seeming happy that he was no longer in trouble. "Well, I decided that since I was leaving for the Alps, then I might as well do a bit of shopping. Look, I bought a pair of skis!" The freshman pointed towards Minghao, who looked like he was having trouble standing up straight. The poor Chinese boy was holding the skis over his shoulder, as well as two boxes from Aeropostale, a bag from Bath and Body Works, two bags from Yankee Candle, and another box from DSW. 

Jeonghan frowned and rushed forwards to help the poor boy, taking the Yankee Candle bags and he Aeropostale boxes. "Boo, I'm disappointed in you," he sighed. "Why do you make poor Minghao carry all of this, you're even nicer to Chan than you are to him!" Jeonghan gestured at Chan, who only had two bags from American Eagle and a single small box from Macy's. "You poor thing," he cooed, pouting at Minghao. The younger boy gave him a small smile as he reached out to his hair. "Seungkwan's so rude to you, even though you're a grade above him. He should be respecting you." 

"I-I don't mind, really," Minghao replied, shaking his head. 

"Oh pooh, Minghao, make him carry his skis." Jeonghan took the wrapped skis from Minghao and tossed them to Seungkwan, who had no choice but to drop his single bag and catch them. 

"Hey!" 

"Now, doesn't that seem fair?" Jeonghan hummed, gesturing to Seungkwan, who looked like he was about to cry. "Man up Boo, if your gonna be using those, you had better get used to carrying them, because we're not going to." Jeonghan tossed a lock of hair over his shoulder as Mingyu and Wonwoo applauded him. 

"You go Hannie," Mingyu called, clapping steadily. 

"Yeah, you tell 'em," Wonwoo added. 

Jeonghan smiled. He really could be a mom sometimes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

hey babes, whaddup, another chapter for yall right here!! 

It was sort of a filler, but it's all right. Please leave comments with feedback and thoughts, i love your comments!

hey, i got a question. I'm thinking of changing my screen name. You have two options: tesla.why or crazyfangirl122. 

Tell me which one you like better. Also, if you have any questions about the characters, feel free to comment them and i can make a quick response chap, or u can just message me, I don't mind. 

Can't wait for the next chap, see you all soon my awesome nerds!