Chapter 18

Six Weeks till Forever

Jeonghan sighed as he looked at himself in the mirror. It was the day before Halloween, the Friday after the fiasco with dinner on Monday. He had specifically told Jun not to make Minghao upset, but when he came back with ingredients for tokboki and kimbap, the sophomore was crying in Jeonghan’s bedroom, Chan was crying on the couch, and Jun looked like death. He’d decided that maybe it was better to send the kids on their way with the food in some Tupperware while he and Jun ordered pizza at nine o'clock and talked about his roommate's love life.

But all sadness in Jun’s life was washed away the next day when he presented his grand Haalloween party plan to Jeonghan. They’d had a party every year, and somehow they managed to fit a decent amount of people into their apartment. Then on Saturday night, Jun would drag Jeonghan out to a party at a Frat house, usually with a different costume.

Tonight was the party at their apartment. There was already a lot of people crowded into their living room, with the couch shoved into Jeonghan's room and the TV in Jun’s. Both their doors were locked, as neither of them wanted to have to wake up a sleeping couple, or walk in on someone, and Jun was already out entertaining the guests.

Jun had dressed up as an emo rockstar, with fake tattoos printed across his bare chest and arms, tight, ripped black jeans, a studded belt, a few chain and a cross necklace and his brown hair frosted at the tips. He had said he was planning on dying it soon anyway, so why not?

Jeonghan on the other hand, did not want to leave the bathroom. Somehow, Jun had convinced him to wear white lace lingerie that included boy shorts and a white lace bustier and fishnets with his hair curled, small diamonds glued to the corners of his eyes and on his fake eyelashes, and a pair of unnaturally realistic white, downy wings in between his shoulder blades.

He was an angel. He really didn't feel like one.

How Jun managed to persuade him into this, he had no idea.

“Hannie?”

Jeonghan turned to see Jun standing with his head in the door, looking at him curiously.

“You coming out?”

He sighed and looked back in the mirror. “Are you sure this is a good idea, Jun?”

His roommate frowned and entered the bathroom, locking the door behind him. “Of course, Hannie, what’s wrong?”

He shrugged and gestured to himself. “This doesn't really feel like me. And besides, no one knows about my…. You know.” He gestured to the lacey slip he was wearing over everything.

Jun sighed and stepped forward, rubbing his shoulders. “You look killer, Hannie. Honestly. And if any one askes, just say I roped you into it. ‘Cause, well, I did.”

He rolled his eyes at his roommate. Jun stuck his tongue out in response, but smiled. “You have no reason to be self conscious. Soonyoung’s out there as a pool noodle, and Hoseok the doorman is a flower. And we can’t forget Seungkwan, who literally dressed up as Beyonce, shiney one-piece and all.”

Jeonghan snorted. “Seriously? First, how does one dress up like a pool noodle. Second, of course Hoseok’s a flower, isn't he always? And third, can we expect anything less from Seungkwan?”

Jun smiled triumphantly. “Exactly. So get out there and show em what you’re worth. There’s a whole lot of cute guys out there that we hardly know and that would love to see you dressed like that. Besides, you need to see Jihoon, he looks killer.”

“Please tell me he’s a pool floaty with Soonyoung.”

“Nope.” Jun shook his head. “Just trust me, you need to see him. It is truly the costume of an intellectual.”

Jeonghan gave his roommate a weird look, but nodded. “Alright, just give me a minute. I need to get my side out.”

Jun smirked. “Well you better hurry up, cause Seungcheol’s gonna show up any minute now.”

Jeonghan groaned. “Oh god, Seungcheol. He is honestly the last person I want to see me like this.”

“Oh please, Hannie, he’ll love it. How much you wanna bet he’s showing up as a demon.”

He groaned again. “If that happens, I’m blaming you and your fat mouth.”

Jun winked. “Whatever you want. Hurry up and get out there, we have guests.” His roommate his heel and exited the bathroom, probably to go make out with a stranger or do the pool noodle dance with Soonyoung.

Jeonghan looked at himself one last time before fluffing his hair, checking the laces on his white Doc Martens combat boots that Jun brought for this exact occasion, reapplying some lip gloss and adjusting his tights. With an air of about him, he stalked from the bathroom and into the living room to go make some boys fall in love.

As soon as he stepped into the room, a chorus of “ooooh” resonated from the crowd and he winked and blew a kiss in Pool-Noodle Soonyoung’s direction before kicking up his leg behind him and slipping into the crowd towards the kitchen to get a drink.

That was where he found Jihoon, in a form-fitting pale blue sweater and white jeans, with frosty makeup around his eyes that burned a bright cobalt from what Jeonghan assumed to be colored contacts. Jihoon was sitting on the counter, earbuds in his ears as he read a book, a bottle of beer next to him.
“Let me guess. Jack Frost.”

Jihoon looked up, taking out one of his earbuds, and gave Jeonghan a once over before shrugging. “Close enough. I’m winter.”

Jeonghan blinked, then nodded. “Simple, I like it.” He went over to the fridge and pulled out a beer before leaning against the fridge and gazing at his friend. “So why aren’t you a pool floaty?”

Jihoon rolled his eyes. “Oh please, not this again. I tried to convince him not to do it, and now he looks like a giant french-fry. He certainly tried to get me to be a floaty, but there was no way in hell I was gonna make a fool out of myself.”

Jeonghan smiled. “I figured as much. I guess I’ll leave you to your reading, Winter.”

Jihoon gave him a small smile and put his earbud back in before leaning back over his book.

Taking his beer, Jeonghan went back into the living room to see Soonyoung doing the Pool-noodle dance, and certainly looking like a giant french-fry. How he came up with being a pool noodle Jeonghan had no clue, and he honestly didn't want to know either, so he turned his attention to Wonwoo, who was leaning against a wall in all black, his t-shirt torn in some places and a pair of soft, grey wolf ears nestled in his black hair, a studded belt not unlike Jun’s around his waist with torn jeans and a pair of simple black tennis shoes on his feet. Jeonghan could barely see the fluffy tail between his legs.

“Please don’t tell me Mingyu is a vampire, Jacob,” Jeonghan crooned, sliding next to his friend.

“Very funny, Angel, I’m cackling. And yes he is, for your information. You look like you’re ready to tell Mary she’s pregnant with Jesus. Or visit Joseph in his dreams.”

Jeonghan tucked a curl behind his ear with a wink, a wing. “Maybe I am.”

Wonwoo scoffed. “Honestly, how did Jun get you to wear that? You look like a .”

“Isn't that the point of Halloween until you have kids?” Jeonghan asked
innocently.

“Not if you’re Soonyoung,” Wonwoo muttered. The mentioned male certainly wasn't trying to be ty in any way. That was for tomorrow night.

Jeonghan merely hummed and glanced around, looking for someone he could flirt with. Wonwoo must've seen Edward, because he slunk off, his tail hanging dully from his belt loop.

“Hey Angel.”

Jeonghan felt all the blood in his body rush to his cheeks as a hand slid around his waist and Seungcheol’s lips brushed against his ear. “I’ve finally found you.”

“H-hey yourself,” he stuttered back, then mentally slapped himself. He hadn't even seen what Seungcheol was wearing, yet the elder’s voice had such a lasting impression on him.

Seungcheol chuckled. “You nervous, sweetheart? It’s just me.”

And that’s why I’m nervous, Jeonghan thought to himself, before turning and looking over his boyfriend.

A tux. He was wearing a tux, with his hair slicked back and a bruise under his eye.

“Bruce Wayne?” Jeonghan guessed.

Seungcheol gave him a wicked grin. “You could've been Catwoman.”

Jeonghan sighed. “Jun brought it up. I should've known.”

Seungcheol chuckled and turned Jeognhan back around so his back was
against the elder chest, Seungcheol’s hands resting dangerously low on his waist. “You look amazing, by the way,” Seungcheol hummed, slowly begin in to sway back and forth in time to the music. “I should've known Jun would dress you up in a way that I couldn't handle.”

Jeonghan swallowed before slapping himself again. Goddamnit Jeonghan, you’re better than this. Bring out the , yeah? The one you find in clubs.

“That tux looks good. Bet it’s hot though, huh?” He purred, reaching up and trailing his fingers down Seungcheol’s jaw. He felt the elder swallow.

Checkmate.

“A bit. But I bet you’re perfectly fine.”

Jeonghan shrugged and stepped teasingly away from his boyfriend. “Maybe. Catch me and find out.”

He slipped into the crowd, thankful for the toned-down size of his soft wings. He could hide for a bit.

He ran into Jun, quite literally, and exchanged a quick conversation that went more or less as follows:

Jeonghan: hey
Jun: you seen Soonyoung?
Jeonghan: how could I not, he’s a walking pool-noodle.
Jun: and Jihoon?
Jeognhan: cute idea, I like it. Hey, if Seungcheol asks where I am, tell him the bathroom.
Jun: why?
Jeonghan: just do it.

He managed to avoid Seungcheol for a good portion of the night, slipping around him and dancing through his fingers like the flirtatious person he was on Halloween. He always became like this, ever since he met Jun. His roommate had tought him how to bring out a different side when the occasion called for it, and ever since then, he’d become a sort of essence on Halloween, something uncontainable, untouchable, and entirely desirable. He’d broken many a heart on Halloween, with well placed lips, the right kind of eyes, and a few words twisted into a riddle of the wills, leaving the other person to untangle themselves from the confused and seduced knot he’d tied. A few had chased after him, but most were content to keep the memory of their night together locked away in some secret part of themselves, not knowing that Jeonghan has thrown the memory into the trash to start the whole game again with someone new each year. Ever since he met Jun in his sophomore year of high school, he’d fallen in love with the secret part of him he managed to bring out once a year at least, and he played the part well.

“I caught you.”

Seungcheol’s hand was wrapped around Jeonghan's wrist, and he turned away from Taehyung who was dressed as the Joker. He cocked his head at Seungcheol.

“It appears you did.”

The elder gently pulled him away from Taehyung and pressed his chest against Jeonghan’s back, leaning down so his nose could run along his jaw.

“You don't know what you're doing to me,” the elder murmured, and Jeonghan could smell the cigarrette smoke on his breath. It wasn't unpleasant, quite the opposite, really, and Jeonghan found himself turning his face upward in a vain attempt to catch Seungcheol’s lips.

The elder smirked and turned his head away. “I don't think so sweetheart. I get to tease you too.”

Jeonghan raised an eyebrow. “Really? Since when did Bruce Wayne tease anybody? Catwoman was always the one teasing him.”

Seungcheol’s hands slid dangerously low on his hips. “Since when were you Catwoman? All I see is a demon wearing white.”

Jeonghan hummed. “I prefer fallen angel.”

Seungcheol chuckled. “Jun was right. You are completely different on Halloween.”

Jeonghan shrugged a single shoulder up, hyper-aware of Seungcheol’s chest rising and falling against his back. “What can I say? It’s a time to be someone else.”

Seungcheol growled into his ear. “Have you always been this infuriatingly seductive?”

Jeonghan giggled and twirled a curl around his finger. “Aww, is someone falling for me? Better not get attached Batsy, I almost never stick around.”

“You’re a heartbreaker, Yoon Jeonghan.”

He winked up at Seungcheol. “Guilty as charged.”

The elder sighed. “I need a drink.”

Jeonghan smirked. “Thirsty?”

Seungcheol placed a hand on his shoulder and leaned down, his lips against the shell of Jeonghan’s ear. “Every little thing you’re doing right now is driving me up the wall, so yes, I would say so.”

Jeonghan blushed, despite the pride swelling in his chest, and he stepped around Seungcheol, trailing his hand across the elder's body as he headed towards the kitchen.

Jihoon had left, probably finding more quiet in a closet or bathroom, leaving the kitchen relatively empty save for a very sparkly Seungkwan.

“Boo?” He asked.

Seungkwan turned, a juice box in his hand and the straw caught between his teeth. When he saw Jeonghan, his mouth parted and the juice was forgotten. “O. M. Goodness. Hannie, you look killer!”

He smirked and tossed a curl over his shoulder as Seungcheol stiffly slid around him to rummage through the fridge. “I know.”

Seungkwan’s eyes narrowed and he smiled darkly. “I see he’s out again.”

Jeonghan merely winked at the freshman before he changed the subject. “Yes, but enough about me. “How on earth did you get a legit Beyonce outfit? Like, sparkly one-piece and all?”

Seungkwan’s eyes glittered. “It's a secret. And it's Booyonce. Where’d you get the wings, they’re so soft,” he mused, running his fingers through the feathers.

Jeonghan winked. “Secret.”

Seungkwan rolled his eyes. “Oh fine, be that way, you little devil. I’m going to go find Jisoo, I think he’s here and I want to see what the good Catholic boy does for Halloween.”

Jeognhan blinked. “Jisoo’s here? I didn't know he was invited.”

Seungkwan gave him a curious look, then glanced at Seungcheol, who’d grabbed a beer and was leaning against the fridge darkly. “Yeah, I figured Jun or someone invited him. I though I saw him earlier, so I’m going to go look. Have fun breaking some hearts this year.” The freshman winked and exited the kitchen.

Jeonghan stretched his arms above his head flexibly with a content sigh before gazing at Seungcheol. “You good?”

The elder downed the rest of his beer and swallowed thickly before moving over and backing Jeonghan up against the island counter. “I will be. After this.”

Jeonghan didn't need a warning to know what was about to happen. His eyes closed and his lips parted even before Seungcheol’s hand slid up to cradle his neck. Their mouth met harshly, their tongues fighting for dominance, and surprisingly, Jeonghan won. He guided the kiss deeper, tilting his head and twisting his fingers into Seungcheol’s slicked hair as the elder followed weakly, Jeonghan’s Halloween Effect sapping him of his will to fight. After a few minutes with minimal air intake, Jeonghan broke away irritably.

“As much as I like being in control, it would be nice if you actually did something,” he muttered, letting his fringe fall over one of his eyes as he glared up at Seungcheol. The elder looked at him for a second, before grabbing his wrist and dragging him down the hall towards Jeonghan’s room. He got the message and pulled his key out of his boot, wasting no time as he unlocked the door. Within a second, his back was against the wall of his bedroom and the door was closed and locked again.

“You want me to do something? Fine, I’ll do something.”

Seungcheol attacked his lips, and biting on the flesh as he growled into Jeonghan’s mouth. His hand slid up Jeonghan’s thigh and he moaned, wrapping his leg around Seungcheol’s hip delicately. He threw his head back against the wall as the elder moved his lips to the sensitive spot on his neck, harshly and nipping at the flesh. Jeonghan moaned again, his fingernails scoring over Seungcheol’s neck and sliding down underneath his tux jacket, sliding it off the elder’s broad shoulders. Seungcheol growled possessively against his collar bones, sliding the wings off his back as he played with the straps of his bustier. Jeonghan blindly scrabbled at Seungcheol’s tie, untying it and tossing it on the floor somewhere before moving onto the buttons on his shirt. When he finally managed to get the offending piece of fabric away from Seugncheol’s chest, the elder’s hand slid up to cover his own briefly before moving them around his neck. Jeonghan hummed and obliged, then gasped as Seungcheol slid his hands under his thighs and lifted them around his waist before turning and stumbling into the bed, Jeonghan’s slender legs still wrapped around his waist as he sat back against the headboard. Their tongues and lips clashed briefly before Seungcheol finally made up his mind and tore the bustier from Jeonghan’s body, leaving them both bare chested and pressed against each other as they panted. Jeonghan smirked against Seungcheol’s lips, but his pride didn't last long as the elder flipped their positions.

“You don't know what you do to me, Yoon Jeonghan,” Seungcheol purred before burying his teeth in Jeonghan’s neck.

Jeonghan bit down on his lip to keep his moans locked in his throat, but every touch of Seungcheol’s fingers had flames up his spine and he kept biting harder and harder until he tasted the metallic tang of blood against his tongue.

Seungcheol sensed it immediately and he pulled away from Jeonghan’s collarbones, his hands turning gentle as he cradled him carefully, kissing the blood away. “Don’t do that, love. I don't like it when you’re hurt.”

The words had tears in Jeonghan’s eyes and before he knew it, he had his arms locked around Seungcheol’s neck and his face tucked against the elder’s collarbone as Seungcheol his back and calmed him, apologizing for whatever he had said.

“Jeonghan, please, stop crying, I don’t know what to do when people I care about cry.” Seungcheol was holding him so very carefully, like he didn't want to let go, and Jeonghan didn't want him to. “Love, please, don’t cry.”

Pulling in a sharp breath, Jeonghan took his head back and wiped at his eyes furiously, glaring at Seungcheol. “Don’t call me that,” he commanded.

The elder blinked at his sudden mood swing. “Call you what?”

“Love. Don’t call me love. It implies that we’re a real couple, but really Seungcheol, we’re not. So stop trying.” He whipped away from the bed, locating an oversized pink graphic tee that he pulled over himself before finding a pair of the thigh-high black socks Jun made him buy some time last year and pulling them on over his fishnets before relacing his Doc Martens. He didn't bother with the wings or anything else and just walked out like that, letting the door slam behind him as he stormed away.

This was Halloween.

He was Yoon Jeonghan, the heartbreaker.

No one held him down, and certainly no one called him intimate things.

It wasn’t in his instruction manual.

He was uncontainable.

Untouchable.

Entirely desirable.

 

/ / /

 

He had no clue who he was grinding against, or which bottle of beer he was on, or where his fake eyelashes had gone, but he was vaguely aware that Soonyoung had waddled up in all his pool-noodle glory and was trying to get his attention.

“Hey Soon,” he purred, blinking at the pool-noodle drunkenly.

“Jeonghan, I think you should see this,” Soonyoung said and dragged him away from whoever he had been dancing with. The performance major pulled him over to a cleared up area and pointed into the crowd.

Jeonghan throat went dry.

Jisoo was standing there in a form-fitting leather jacket and ripped jeans with a black tee and his hair gelled back, a black cross hanging from his ear and the hint of chains around his neck. Jeonghan only had his back view, but it was all he needed in his drunken state of mind.

“God damn,” he breathed.

“I know,” Soonyoung replied, then patted his shoulder. “Have fun.”

Jeonghan smiled crookedly. “I will.”

He stalked froward, placing a hand on Jisoo’s shoulder and waking around him, sliding his hand across the man's body as he moved. “Hey,” he breathed.

Jisoo blinked at him. “O-oh, Jeonghan. Hi.”

He smiled, trying to be decent instead of ty for a bit. “You look nice.”

Jihoon looked down at his outfit and smiled sheepishly. “So I did it right?”

Jeonghan laughed. “Yes, Jisoo, you did. Did Seungkwan tell you otherwise?”

He shrugged and blushed. “I’m not entirely sure what he told me. He sounded a little messed up.”

Jeonghan was sober for about thirty seconds. “Messed up? As in what way? Did you smell any alcohol on him? I swear, if he’s been sneaking alcohol all night I’m gonna--”

“No, no no, not like that!” Jisoo rushed to say, holding out his hands. Jeonghan vaguely registered that he had a hook over one of them. “He seemed out of breath, kinda dazed.”

Jeonghan looked at him in bewilderment, before it clicked in his head. “Ah. I get it.”

Jisoo apparently didn't though, because he just nodded awkwardly. “Right.”

Suddenly Jeonghan was extremely self-conscious about what he was wearing. “Oh god, I probably look terrible,” he groaned.

Jisoo flushed. “Actually I think you look great. Not like, I don’t know, I like it or anything, it’s just, you pull it off well. Or no, that didn't sound right. Look, what I meant was--”

Jeonghan held up a hand. “Thanks for the compliments, Jisoo, but I’ll be right back. I just had an idea for something a lot more conservative.”

“No, please,” Jisoo said quietly. “You look fine, don’t be awkward cause I’m you know, religious or anything, it’s Halloween, I get it.”

Jeonghan gazed at him curiously for a second. “I’m not sure, Jisoo. I mean, I look great, but like…” He trailed off, seeing Seungcheol gazing at him darkly from across the room. His words died in his throat, and he swallowed, tearing his gaze away. “Can I have your jacket?” He asked Jisoo.

The man blinked, but immediately shrugged it off. “Of course, are you cold?”

Jeonghan shrugged. “Well, you’re not letting me go, so this is the best I got.” He pulled the soft leather over his arms, perfectly fitting in with his current outfit. He smiled at the man before glancing at Seungcheol. To his alarm, he was striding across the room at an incredible pace, and Jeonghan swallowed, linking his arm through Jisoo’s. “Let’s go find Hoseok, I still haven't seen his flower costume.”

“O-okay.”

He pulled Jisoo into the crowds, trying to hide from Seungcheol’s presence. He’d upset his fake boyfriend, he knew it. But honestly, he didn't care. Seungcheol was playing at his heart and it pissed him off. Halloween was his time. Only he got to play the heartbreaker.

And played it he did.

His arm still hooked through Jisoo’s they located Hoseok with his flower, Chan in a stylized dinosaur costume that Jeonghan actually really liked, Vernon dressed as Jack from the Titanic, and Minghao, as a steampunk puppy boy. When Jeonghan saw Minghao, his mouth dropped open and he abandoned Jisoo, rushing towards the boy.

“Oh my gosh, Hao, I love it,” he gushed, gesturing at the boy’s outfit.

Minghao shrugged. “I’m pretty pleased myself. But what happened to you? Seungkwan said you were an angel, you look like Captain Hook’s ty girlfriend.” He gestured at Jisoo standing awkwardly at his side.

Jeonghan felt his checks warm up and he shook his head. “Nah. I had some earlier complications with my costume, so I abandoned the whole costume idea and went for something I knew would have the same effect. You like it?”

Minghao shrugged. “I mean yeah, but come on Jeonghan, you know your tricks don't usually work on me.”

Jeonghan shrugged. “Yeah, but feedback is nice. You looking for someone?”

Minghao flushed and looked down. “Um, yeah, actually. I’m looking for Jun.”

Jeonghan felt a jolt course through him and he felt himself smile. “Trying to fix things?”

Minghao shrugged. “Something like that, yeah.”

Jeonghan smiled at him. “Good. But I don't know where he is, sorry. But if I were you, I would wait for him to find you. That way your heart won't be broken, and he’ll be just fine too.”

“Poet that didn't know it,” Jisoo muttered absently next to him. Jeonghan blinked and looked at him oddly, but brushed it aside as merely a Jisoo thing. Everybody had something.

“Thanks for the advice, Jeonghan,” Minghao said. “Have fun.”

He winked at the sophomore. “Don't you know it.”

He dragged Jisoo away, and soon they were surrounded by people on all sides. This was good. He could hide from--

“Hiding from me? I should tell you Jeonghan, you’re not that good at it.” Seungcheol’s voice was next to his ear, but for once it had no effect on him. His face set into a scowl and he whipped around.

“I wouldn't be hiding if you hadn't gone looking. So off Seungcheol, I don’t want to talk to you.” He glared defiantly up at the elder, daring him to react, to lash out. He would go for that over heartbreak from the man any day. It was easier to argue with Seungcheol than to reconcile, and reconciling usually consisted of what could be considered make-up . Which Jeonghan wanted no part of. Besides, if his calculations were correct, they only had two full weeks left. Not a good time to go making stupid desicions.

“I think you forget who has the power here,” Seungcheol growled.

Jeonghan scoffed and cocked a hip. “And I think you forget that this is fake.” He lowered his voice. “‘I’m in this for show, Seungcheol, so no more secret when you want to have it, no more pet names. I’m not yours, you’re not mine. Never was never will be, okay?” Jeonghan felt like he was shoving ice through his own heart, but he continued anyway. “I’m in this till the end, and I expect you are, but all this behind the scenes is unnecessary.” Over the elder’s shoulder, he spotted just who he didn't invite.

Eunbi.

How she got the information, Jeonghan had no idea, but she was here dressed as Carwoman, which just so happened to match Seungcheol’s costume theme.

What a ing .

He grabbed Seungcheol by his tie and crushed their lips together, and Seungcheol, though obviously surprised, grabbed his waist and pulled him closer. All thoughts of Jisoo were gone, and all Jeonghan cared about was Seungcheol’s fingers digging into his waist, the elder's slick black hair in his fingers and he knifed them in his hair, the elder’s lips and tongue molding with his own like they’d been made for this. Jeonghan felt his heart crack a little bit more when he realized just how right it felt to be against Seungcheol, how perfectly they fit together, but he forced himself to pull away before things got too heated.

His plan worked. For once, Eunbi wasn't stalking towards him. She was walking away, her head down. Jeonghan didn't feel one bit of remorse for his actions and he tried to step away from Seungcheol, but the elder’s hands didn't move.

“Don’t you ing run away from this Yoon Jeonghan. You’ve given yourself to me whole-heartedly. That night, in my penthouse, you knew what you wee getting into. Two people who’ve had are connected, Jeonghan. Whether you want this or not, you do belong to me. And you belong to me for two more weeks, so if you ing try to step away from me right now, things aren’t going to be pretty.”

Jeonghan bit his tongue to avoid saying something he’d regret, so he reluctantly stood there as Seungcheol breathed all over him, inhaling him, running his nose over every inch of bare skin. His hands moved up and he lightly shoved Jisoo’s jacket off his shoulders. “You don't get to wear this. It’s not mine. It doesn't smell like you, or me. You’re mine, and you don't get to wear anything that doesn't belong to me or you.” Seungcheol threw the jacket blindly to the side, and a Jeonghan opened his eye a crack to see where it landed so Jisoo could get it later.

“Seungcheol, I don’t belong to you,” he whispered.

“What?” The elder hummed, not hearing him.

Gathering his courage, Jeonfhan stepped away. Away from safety, away from a simple two weeks of pretend. And towards danger, towards heartbreak, towards arguments and pained, fake smiles as they held hands and touched each other's backs or arms in public.

“I said, I don’t belong to you. I’m not a pet, Seungcheol. I don't get to be played with. So first of all, I’m going to wear, what I want to wear.” He stalked over to where Jisoo’s jacket lay and he pulled it back on. “Second, you’re right. I did know what I was getting myself into. And I’m still here Seungcheol. I will still stand by you if you need me, I will still be your fake boyfriend for two more weeks, but then it’s over. We move on into our lives that should have been kept seperate, and we forget about that night. So what? We had sure, but was it love? No. I helped you when you needed it, and I won't hesitate to do the same thing if it’s necessary. But Seungcheol, I can’t be controlled. I don't belong to anyone, especially not you, okay? So don't start this unless you want to play with fire. And let me tell you something else;” he paused for dramatic effect before stepping forward and leaning up, his lips next to Seungcheol’s ear. “I’m a pyromaniac, .”

And he walked away. His hips swinging, Jisoo’s jacket slipping from one of his shoulders, he walked away, into the crowds.

He didn't look back to see Seungcheol’s face. He didn't want to see Seungcheol’s face.

He only looked forward.

Uncontainable.

Untouchable.

Entirely desirable.

There was no way Yoon Jeonghan was going to pushed around.

He did the pushing.

No one could tell him to stop. He was a . A . A . Any of the above.

But he played the part well.

He finally turned back, a smirk playing on his lips as he looked at Seungcheol. The elder smirked right back, and he knew they had an agreement.

It was time to play.

 

/ / /

 

Jun cursed as he slammed his finger in the fridge door. He hopped back, shaking out his hand and cradling his injured digit, paying no mind to anything outside his personal bubble. He knew Jeonghan had pissed Seungcheol off earlier, which was good for Jun, as he really didn't want his roommate playing with that guy. Jeonghan got wild when there were situations like these. He would become a little uncontrollable, dancing on the line between ethical and illogical, doing whatever was dared of him.

It was fun to watch, but the aftermath was hell for everybody.

“Jun? Are you alright?”

“Hmm? Oh, yeah I’m fine, tha--” the words died in his throat when he saw Minghao. He was dressed in a steampunk style vest with green balloon shorts and striped socks with chunky, olden-style clogs. Under the vest he wore a pale yellow shirt, a red ribbon tied around the collar in a bow with an actual plaid dog collar around his throat. A newsboy cap sat on his head, and one prosthetic dog ear was visible in his golden curls. He’d done his make up with two main colors, green and purple to match his striped socks and shorts. One eye was done with green and gold shadow with a purple contact and the other was done with purple and black with a green contact. He had freckles painted across his nose and a pawprint painted under his left eye.

He looked amazing, in Jun’s opinion.

“Minghao,” he stated dumbly.

“That’s my name, yes,” the younger boy muttered. “Let me see your finger.”

His heart jumping up and down in excitement at the prospect of Minghao talking to him, he wordlessly help out his hand, his finger already swelling.

It was then that he remembered that Minghao wasn’t actually a performance major. He just never talked about his real one. He was only minoring in performance, previously photography. He was actually a Pre-Med student, but he never talked about it, so most people assumed his major was Performance. Even Jeonghan and Soonyoung didn't know his real studies.

Minghao inspected his finger, looking at it from a few different sides.

“I swear, it’s fine, Minghao, only a little bruised.” Jun was trying to mind how much he wanted to thread his fingers through Minghao’s, and he was practically vibrating with the effort of keeping himself still.

“You’re right, I think. If I had my stuff with me, I’d probably be able to give you more definite diagnosis, but for now, it needs to be wrapped as a precaution.” Minghao sounded so serious about it that Jun wasn't sure if he was joking or not, but then Minghao looked him dead-on with his multi-colored eyes. “Do you have anything to wrap it with? Ace bandage, medical tape, anything?”

His mouth feeling dry, Jun gaped at him for a second. “Oh, um, yes, I-I think we have medical tape somewhere in here.” He pulled his hand away from Minghao and turned around, rummaging through few drawers before pulling it out. “Here.”
He handed it to Minghao who took it and tore of a long piece with his teeth before taking his hand again and carefully wrapping the finger with the digit next to it, to make sure that if it was broken, which Jun thought was unlikely, but you never know, it wouldn't get even more damaged.

“There.” Minghao finished wrapping it, but he didn't drop Jun’s hand. Instead he stared at it, not saying anything.

“Hao,” Jun called softly. “What is it, really?”

The younger male drew in a deep breath. “I already apologized to Chan about earlier this week, but I think you deserve one too. I’ve been such a about this whole thing, when actually, it makes me really happy when I’m with you. It’s just, it’s been such a long time since we’ve been around each other, and know my classes have changed and you’re always around, tutoring Chan, and I just realized how much I missed you. I’d walked away that night feeling so ing pleased with myself, that I finally let myself stand up and stop getting walked all over, but it wasn't really like that. I felt like for weeks after that, and it killed me to see you moving on, going out with a different guy each week. I think I’m only just letting myself realize this, but I think I’m still in love with, you Wen Junhui.

Jun didn't need anything more than that.

He stepped forward and rested his head against Minghao’s, smiling at him. “I still love you too, Xu Minghao. I only pretended to be happy after that night. I didn't want to give you the satisfaction of knowing you won, so I kept going like always, but the lord only knows how much I moped around here afterward. Everything reminded me of you, like that mug you broke the handle off of when Jeonghan made you hot chocolate that one time. I would see it in the cupboard and just go back to moping around, never really moving on. I’m sorry about all those times. In the clubs and everything. I promise, I’m not like that anymore.”

“But that was part of your appeal to me,” Minghao hummed. “It was a fight to keep you, and I was so proud that I was the one who actually won your affection outside of a club. And every time I saw you, yeah it hurt, but it gave me fire to keep going, to keep fighting for you.”

Jun smiled. “Every time I did it, I was always filled with the desire to be someone better for you. It was because of those actions that I kept trying to be good to you, that I kept striving to the perfect man you deserve.”

“Aw, Jun, I don’t want perfect,” Minghao replied. “Heck, perfect . I love you, flaws and all.” There was about 15 seconds of silence as Jun waited for it, then Minghao said, “, I can’t believe we’re being cliche.” He stepped away from Jun and let his hand fall, jerking his head towards the living room. “I’ll jack the ty music Jeonghan picked out, you wanna show them how to dance?”

Jun grinned. “Let’s do this baby. Just like old times.”

Minghao grinned. “Just like old times.”

 

 

 

 

 

 your wish is my command, dears.

Junhoa is back together nowwwww, yay!

exepct now we got some drama going on with jeonghcheol. Hold on kids, this is about to get bumpy. But yeah, i sense this fic ending around 24 chapters? idk, somwhere around there. so hold on my friends, we're near the end. 

much triste

anywhoo, sorry about the length of this baby, but i didnt really have a certain cut-off point here, soooooo yep. There will be another Halloween chap with the frat party coming up in the next few weeks, so look forward to that. 

you babes know the drill, so lets get cracking everybody!

love you awesome nerds