Chapter 14

Six Weeks till Forever

Jeonghan quickly crept out of the suite, having walked back in on yet another argument, this one about Soonyoung's uncleanliness. He didn't blame Jihoon; Soonyoung was covered in cheeto crumbs. 

He slipped back into his own suite to see Seungcheol standing by the couch, staring at his phone as if he was trying to decide something. Jeonghan went up to him and kissed his cheek. "Everything okay?" 

Seungcheol blinked, as if he had just realized Jeonghan was there. "Oh, yeah, everything's fine." 

Jeonghan frowned. "I know that tone. What's wrong?" 

Seungcheol shook his head. "It's nothing, just a little trouble at work. My assistant was injured." 

"Oh no, that's terrible, is he okay?  Jeonghan asked, filling up a glass of milk and putting it in the small, hotel-provided microwave. 

"It looks like he broke his wrist, but other than that, he seems fine." Seungcheol ran a hand through his hair, looking over the x-rays that Jisung - his assistant - had sent him. 

"That's good," Jeonghan replied, taking the milk out of the microwave and handing it to Seungcheol. The elder looked at him. 

"That's very domestic of you," he murmured, taking the glass. "Like a wife." 

Jeonghan glared at him. "Call me that again, and your real wife is going to have a sterile husband." 

Seungcheol laughed and drank the milk in one gulp. "Thanks." 

Jeonghan shrugged. "Looked like you needed it. Hey, guess what I just found out?" 

"Wonwoo's pregnant!" 

He gave the elder a disgusted look. "I'm going to ignore what just came out of your mouth. Anyway, guess who Jun's staying with?" 

Seungcheol scrunched his nose. "Too much guessing, just tell me." 

Jeonghan sighed. "He's staying with Minghao." 

Seungcheol choked on air. "He's WHAT?" 

"Yep." 

"Okay, I don't even know Minghao, but from what I heard, that was a nasty break-up, why on earth would he think it was a good idea to stay with his ex?" Seungcheol ranted. 

Jeonghan shrugged. "I can't really blame him. Mingyu and Wonwoo breed like catholic rabbits when they're alone. Well, most of the time." 

Seungcheol looked at him. "Why didn't he stay with Jisoo, or the other one, um, Seokmin, yeah him?" 

Jeonghan scrunched his nose. "He doens't really know them all that well." 

The elder nodded. "Okay, that makes sense. But still, Minghao? That's probably not going well." 

"It's not," Jeonghan snorted. "But it's too late to do anything now." He flopped on the couch dramatically. "I just wish Jun would man up and tell Minghao how much he means to him. He keeps saying he's sorry, but that's not gonna cut it, especially if Hao's on Thughao mode, like Jun said."

"Thughao?" 

Jeonghan threw up his hands. "Don't ask me, apparently, that's one of his personalities. Which is true. You only got to see the panicked, oh my god, Jun's here side of him. But in reality, he's a huge savage. And he can punch like a god." 

Seungcheol merely pursed his lips and nodded. "Sounds fun." 

"Oh, yeah, totally," was Jeonghan's response. He played with a strand of his hair. "But enough about that. I'm bored." 

"Why didn't you take a nap?" Seungcheol asked, sitting down by his feet. 

"I wasn't tired," he replied, moving to settle his feet in the elder's lap. "I mean, I was, but like, I couldn't sleep. I went and chilled with Jihoon and Soonyoung. By the way, they argue a lot." 

Seungcheol shrugged. "They seem like the type." 

Jeonghan hummed and shifted. A weird silence hung in the air, making Jeonghan uncomfortable. It wasn't like he felt all hot and bothered, he was just awkward in the newfound silence. He didn't know what to say. He chewed his lip and glanced around, looking for something to entertain them. He spotted the TV remote on the coffee table, but it was too far to get from his current position. Should he get up to grab it? But maybe it would make Seungcheol feel weird about the silence. But he could find some kind of game show or something. But still, movement

"Are you okay? You look like you're trying to use the force or some ." 

Jeonghan jolted out of his thought and practically flopped off the couch. He sat up and flipped his hair back to see Seungcheol trying not to laugh. He glared at the elder and grabbed a throw pillow before, well, throwing it. At Seungcheol's face. Very hard. 

The elder let the pillow fall to the floor before he opened his eyes and grinned maniacally. "It's on, Princess." 

Jeonghan realized what was about to go down a second too late. He was bombarded with pillow after pillow from Seungcheol, who thankfully wasn't throwing them with full force. He shrieked as he was hit in the face. 

"Oh, you did not, just hit me in the face!" He growled. Grabbing a pillow, he ran at Seungcheol who lept behind the couch. Jeonghan chucked pillow after pillow at Seungcheol's head, making sure he didn't miss. Suddenly, Seungcheol threw himself over the back of the couch and pinned Jeonghan's arms down before beginning to tickle him. 

"No Jun to protect you here," Seungcheol hummed in his ear as he squirmed and writhed under the elder. Jeonghan gasped out in laughter, struggling to throw off Seungcheol, but the elder was just too strong. Finally, he gave up, going limp under him. Seungcheol sat back with a -eating grin. 

"I think I win." 

Jeonghan just gasped for air, trying to regain his composure. When he finally calmed down, he looked up at Seungcheol, who was stradling him. 

"How dare you imply that I would ever let you win," he said. Seungcheol just shook his head and leaned down to press their lips together for a short, chaste kiss. 

"You're astonishing," he whispered. Jeonghan's heart skipped. He looked up at Seungcheol as the elder pulled away and stood up. "Stay here." 

He obeyed, sitting up and briefly finger-combing his tangled and frazzled hair. Seungcheol reappeared a moment later with a spare, fluffy blanket. "Come with me." 

Confused, Jeoghan stood up and accepted the elder's hand as Seungcheol led them out of the room and up to the roof of the hotel. It was cold, which was probably why they had the blanket, but the view was amazing. The sun was beginning to go down, washing the Alps in a bloody, scarlet light. 

Jeonghan had a sudden urge to write emo poetry about sunsets. 

Seungcheol sat down on the blanket and beckoned for Jeonghan to join him. He tentatively approached the elder, but Seungcheol had other ideas. He lashed out and grabbed his wrist, pulling him down into his strong, warm chest. 

"Act like you're having a good time," Seungcheol whispered in his ear. Suddenly thrown back to their first date, Jeonghan did the first thing that came to mind. He nodded before puling away and laughing, lightly hitting Seungcheol's chest. The elder chuckled before holding out an arm. Jeonghan obliged and nestled himself in Seungcheol's warm side. 

"Throwback, much?" He murmured, gazing at the mountains. 

Seungcheo, shrugged. "Sometimes I like to think about how we came to be." 

Jeonghan screwed up his face. "Cheesy." 

"I thought you would like it," Seungcheol whined. 

"I never said I didn't," Jeonghan replied. 

He felt a kiss being pressed to the top of his head. "I know you thought it, you don't have to lie to me." 

Jeonghan shook his head. "You know me too well." 

"I could say the same thing," Seungcheol replied, looking at him. 

Jeonghan ignored the coffee gaze resting on him. He could feel Seungcheol looking at him, taking in his features, but he just wanted to look at the sunset. 

"I want to write emo poetry about this. How the sun dies so galantly for the moon every day." He felt Seungcheol chuckle. 

"Wow, I thought Wonwoo was more of the type to write emo poetry," the elder murmured. 

"Nah, he writes rap lyrics," Jeonghan replied. 

Seungcheol hummed. "I learn more about your friends every day." 

"As you should," was Jeonghan's short response. "Give me a fact." 

Seungcheol sighed. "Back to this again." 

Jeonghan nodded. 

The elder hummed and thought for a moment before saying, "I've known my assissant Jisung since we were three." 

Jeonghan nodded again. "I take it was a forced relationship that blossomed into a beautiful boss/assisstant type situation where you two are actually best friends as well?" 

Seungcheol looked down at him. "You've got us pegged." 

Jeonghan hummed proudly. "I'm a queen." 

"No, that's Seungkwan," Seungcheol replied. 

Jeonghan laughed. "Oh my gosh, yes." He calmed into a smile as rested his head on Seungcheol's shoulder, still gazing at the sun-washed mountains. He was content, just sitting there on the roof with Seungcheol's strong arms around him. He had learned so much more about the elder throughout these past three days than in three weeks. He had learned about his parents, his passion for snowboarding, and now about his assisstant. Jeonghan felt happy. Very, very happy. 

And cold. 

He shivered, the only things moderately keeping him warm being Seungcheol and the blanket. 

"Are you cold?" Seungcheol asked. 

"Yeah, a bit. I'm wearing short sleeves right now." Jeonghan shivered again. 

"Here." Seungcheol pulled away briefly to pull off his sweatshirt. Jeonghan felt his heart jump a little as the elder tugged it over his head. He shyly looked at Seungcheol as he took it and pulled it on. It completely swallowed him, as Seungcheol was much larger than him, but it was warm and held Seungcheol's intoxicating scent of cigarette smoke and leather. 

But as warm and amazing as it felt, he was still cold. He curled closer to Seungcheol, who sensed that he was still cold and wrapped his arms around him before laying them down on the blanket. Jeonghan gazed at him, Seungcheol's features dusted in a scarlet shadow from the setting sun. Acting completely on impulse, he leaned forward and pecked Seungcheol's lips, tasting something ashy on them that wasn't unpleasant. 

"Do you smoke?" He murmured, searching the other's face. 

Seungcheol grimaced. "I try not to, but stress, you know?" 

Jeonghan nodded and tucked his head under Seungcheol's chin, only to be pulled back out. 

"Don't hide yourself from me," Seungcheol whisered, gazing at him. "I want to look at you." 

Jeonghan felt heat rush to his cheeks and he looked away, but his attention was quickly drawn back to Seungcheol. Or, to be precise, Seungcheol's lips. 

He let out a muffled moan in surprise as the elder's lips moved against his own. His eyes fluttered shut as Seungcheol moved his hands down to his waist, massaging the skin. Jeonghan let himself drown in Seungcheol's hold, his lips moving blindly as Seungcheol kissed them, slowly working them open with his tongue. He moaned into the elder's mouth, tangling his fingers in Seungcheol's soft, black hair. Jeonghan felt light, like the only thing keeping him from floating off to heaven right that instant was the grounding feeling of Seungcheol's fingers sliding under his t-shirt to skim over his back. Jeonghan tilted his head as the elder moved his lips to Jeonghan's neck, softly nuzzling the soft skin under his jaw. Jeonghan smelled like the resort's shampoo, a citrusy kind of smell quite unlike the intoxicatingly sweet scent of honey and lilac that the feminine male usually carried. He could smell his own scent on Jeonghan, finding the ashy smell of cigarette smoke on his skin rather sweet. Jeonghan sighed as Seungcheol locked their lips together again, his hands roaming over the younger's soft back.

Jeonghan gasped as Seungcheol bit down lightly on his lower lip before softly whispering, "I could get used to this," against his mouth. Jeonghan felt something inside him shatter. Those six words were unlike any he'd ever heard out of Seungcheol's mouth. 

"What?" He replied, his lips brushing against Seungcheol's as he spoke the word. 

The elder didn't reply, just pressed a kiss to Jeonghan's cheekbone before sitting up. "Let's get back inside." 

Feeling lightheaded, Jeonghan pushed himself up to see that the sun had finally made its way below the horizon, and Lady Moon was just starting to show, with her children the stars. 

 

/    /    /

 

Jeonghan yawned widely as he leaned against his skis (a/n I want to fly off a cliff and land gracefully in a dead, broken pile on a rock) stuck in the snow. They were waiting for the bus to come pick them up and take them to the lodge, but something was holding it up today. 

"I'm tired," Vernon whined, slumping against him. He wrapped an arm around the freshman's shoulders and rubbed them. 

"Me too Vernonie," He mumbled. The freshman tucked his head into his shoulder and left it there. Jeonghan didn't mind. He liked being a mom towards these boys. 

"Hey Jeonghan," Soonyoung called. "How's Jun?" 

"Good as far as I know. Why?" He replied, still rubbing Vernon's shoulders. 

"No reason, but Minghao texted me this morning saying something about how Jun was an insensitive who didn't stop. Also, I'm pretty sure the words , vapid, ing and with a sense of overconfidence were thrown in there too." 

Jeonghan groaned. "Oh jesus, that might have been my fault." 

"What did you tell Jun to do this time?" Soonyoung asked. 

"I said he should tutor Chan, so Minghao would get used to him being around. Guess that backfired and got him jealous." 

"I think the word you're looking for is livid," Soonyoung replied. "He sounded very, very upset through the texts." 

Jeonghan sighed. "I'll talk to Jun tomorrow." 

Soonyoung hummed in response and went back to pestering Jihoon. 

It took another half hour for the bus to finally come get them for their last day on the slopes. It was honestly a rather bland day, unless you count Jihoon falling off the ski lift. Him and Soonyoung had gotten in yet another fight, and the elder of the two had "accidentally" shoved him off the lift, right above the mogul slope. Jihoon was not happy, and returned his skis early. 

Jeonghan had run into Sehun again on a black, the snowboarder with his friend Chanyeol. They chatted for a while while Seungcheol chased Soonyoung down for taking his goggles. Then the snowboarders headed off, Seungcheol got his goggles back, and Soonyoung was unceremoniously shoved down the slope. 

All in all, the last day was alright, but they were all tired, and it was showing through. When the clock finally hit five and all but the night slopes were closed, they returned their gear to the rental shop and went back to the resort. 

They had been throwing texts between the rooms in a group chat Seungcheol had made, when around nine, Jihoon and Soonyoung stopped replying. Getting suspicious, Jeonghan devised a plan to interupt whatever was going on. Him and Seungcheol met with Vernon and Seungkwan outside of the couple's door. Seungcheol pulled out the extra room key he had snagged and quietly opened the door. When nothing yelled at them, they all advanced untill Seungcheol stopped in his tracks and threw his hands over his eyes with a strangled cry. Jeonghan peeked over his boyfriends shoulder and immediatly wished he hadn't; Soonyoung had Jihoon pinned on the couch, both of them shirtless and Soonyoung without any pants on. 

Acting instinctively, Jeonghan spun around and covered Seungkwan and Vernon's eyes, scrunching his own shut as well. "Boys!" He yelled. "No ual activity in the living room!" 

Vernon snorted and got a whack to the balls by Seungkwan. 

"It's your own fault you didn't get the message from us not responding to the group chat!" Jihoon snapped back. 

Jeonghan growled and was about to march over when he remembered they were both half . He sighed instead. "I swear to god, boys, you two need a healthier relationship. If all you do is argue and have , then something's wrong. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to burn my eyeballs to get that image out of my head. Come on Vernon, Boo." Jeonghan turned and stalked from the suite, hearing Seungcheol bound after him, as well as the freshmen. 

They all went back into Jeonghan and Seungcheol's suite to do a group baptism so they could remove the unpleasant image of Jihoon and Soonyoung. 

"I wish Jisoo was here, he'd probably douse us in holy water and bless us while reading the bible and floating three inches off the ground with a halo and doves flying around," Jeonghan muttered, rubbing at his eyes. 

"Why three inches?" Vernon asked, as if that was the only weird and completely inaccurate part of that sentence.

"It was the first number to pop into my head," he replied. "You boys go back to your room now, it's late and we have a long day tomorrow." 

Seungkwan and Vernon nodded before standing up and heading out. Jeonghan didn't miss how Vernon took Seungkwan's hand in his own just before the door shut. 

He sighed and headed towards the bedroom, Seungcheol following. They laid down on the bed side by side and looked up at the ceiling. 

"I am never going to get that image out of my head," the elder muttered. 

"Me neither," Jeonghan replied. 

Seungcheol hummed and the room fell silent. Suddenly, Jeonghan sat up. 

"What?" Seungcheol asked immediatly. 

He shook his head. "I just needed something to break the silence," he replied. 

Seungcheol rolled his eyes. "You're so socially awkward," he muttered. 

"You're correct. What do you want me to do about it?" 

Seungcheol just shook his head and pulled Jeonghan into his chest. "It's endearing." 

Jeonghan fought the rising blush on his cheeks, thankful for the darkness. 

It wasn't long before both of them were asleep. 

 

/    /    /

 

Jun sighed as he tucked a sweatshirt into his suitcase. He would be leaving tomorrow, and even though he was coming back, he felt like he had wasted so much of his time there. 

He glanced up as the door to the room opened and Minghao stumbled in. Jun's senses immediatly went hyperactive. The stench of alcohol reeked off his ex as he tripped over himself to get further in the room. Chan came bursting in, looking strained. 

"Jun, can you help? I though he was just out for a walk, but he came back like this, what do I do?" Chan looked thoroughly panicked. 

"There's not much you can do. Get to bed, I'll take care of this," Jun said, gesturing at Minghao slumped against a wall and flirting with the lamp in Mandarin. 

"Whadda y lamp," The male was slurring. "If you weren't an inanimate object, I would totally date you. Hey, are you a lamp, because you just brightened my day."

Chan chewed his lip but nodded and darted out. 

Jun sighed and ran a hand through his hair before closing the door. "Minghao," he called softly. His ex hiccuped and turned an unfocused gaze on him. Then he snarled. 

"Don't Minghao me," He hiccuped in Mandarin. "You're a , a prick, you don't deserve any kindness from me!" 

Jun recoiled as Minghao spat at him. This wasn't going so well. 

"Minghao, listen to me. You're drunk. This is what happens. Now, if you know what's good for you, you'll lay down and get some rest." Jun looked at him expectantly, but Minghao didn't move. Instead, he sneered. 

"You think I'll lay down and surrender? You think I'll let you dominate me, after everything you've done? I don't think so." 

Cursing under his breath, Jun moved towards the waifish boy. Minghao growled and tried to kick him, but Jun was getting pissed. He grabbed Minghao's ankle and tugged on it, off-balancing the Chinese male. Minghao fell into his chest with a soft, "oh," and looked up at Jun. He tried not to flinch away at the smell of alcohol. 

"Where were you?" He whispered. 

Minghao shuddered. "The bar a few blocks from campus," he replied. 

Jun tsked under his breath before tugging to thin male towards the bed. "You need rest." 

Minghao went willingly this time, obediently collapsing onto the duvet with a broken sigh. Jun let him be and turned off the lights before moving back over to his suitcase and continuing to pack his things as quiety as possible. Once he was more or less done, he moved past the bed to go sleep on the couch for Minghao's comfort, but a hand on his wrist stopped him. He looked down at Minghao who met his gaze evenly. Then, in a sudden burst of sober strength, he yanked Jun down onto the bed. 

Jun shook his head to clear it and opened his eyes to see Minghao looking at him. He was glad that the younger couldn't see his blush in the darkness. 

"Jun," Minghao hummed, sliding his hands over his shoulders. "Kiss me." 

Jun hesitated. As much as he loved the younger boy, there was no way we was going to take advantage of his current state like that. 

Minghao must've sensed his reluctance because he whispered, "I won't remember it anyway." 

"But I will," Jun replied. 

"Please, Jun. Let me be selfish." With those words, Minghao leaned up and caught Jun's lips with his own. 

Jun tried not to react, but Minghao wasn't stopping. The younger's lips tasted like too many drinks, but Jun didn't care. Not anymore, at least. He tangled a hand in Minghao's golden curls as the younger sighed softly against his lips. This was happening. Holy , this was happening. Jun lost himself in the feeling of Minghao's thin body pressed desperately against his, the feeling of Minghao's breath mixing with his own, the feeling of Minghao's hair tickling his fingers, the feeling of Minghao's "curves" under his hands. Jun held the other boy gently, as if he was glass that was about to break. He couldn't lose him again. He knew in his heart that this was were he belonged; holding Minghao so carefully, sweetly kissing him in the shadows, Minghao's soft whispers of Mandarin nonsense filling his ears. 

"Hao," Jun moaned, trying not to lose himself even further. 

"Don't let me go," the smaller male replied. "I know I'm drunk, so don't take what I'm about to say into consideration." 

Jun pulled away to look at Minghao. "What?" 

But Minghao just pulled him down for a searing kiss. "Break me, Jun. You've done it before. Just, please, don't let me go." 

Jun felt his heart shatter. He wanted it to be real. But Minghao was drunk. So unbelievably drunk. And underage, which was worse. Deep down, Jun's heart yearned for those words to be true, but they weren't. 

And yet, he still went back down. He still dropped his lips to Minghao's for a breathless, passionate, searing kiss. 

He still convinced himself that it was real. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

ha. 

haha. 

hahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa i want to die. 

hey baby, I'm back. Sorry about the wait, high school just started up, and i already have a tone of homework in my AP class. Anyway, hope you all enjoyed drunk Minghao flirting with a lamp, lol. But for real, I hope you guys enjoyed this chap. The next one is probably gonna be up soon, too, just an fyi. I'm in a writing mood. Oh, yeah, i had a thought. And no I did not hurt myself, thanks for asking. 

So, i kinda want to make a trailer for this fic, but im actually really really bad at video editing and all that , so if you guys know anyone who could do that for me, or if you can do it, then please, please, pleaseeeeeeeee message me, cuz the person I was planning on asking doesnt take requests. I crie. 

Anyway, thank you guys for reading this, and sticking with it! 

Love you baby!

You guys brighten up my day ;)