Chapter 3

Six Weeks till Forever

Jeonghan had been looking forward to a peaceful weekend all week. He had classes all week, along with Friendly Time with Jun, shopping with Mingyu and Minseo, and a group study with Jihoon and another kid in their Psych class, Seokmin. Oh, and he couldn't forget constantly having to deal with Seungcheol. His fake boyfriend insisted in walking him to his morning classes and taking him out to very public places nearly every day. The campus-crush had told him more than once how bad he was at acting, as well as how much he wished Jeonghan would stop whining and man up. With all that, all he wanted to do was binge-watch Descendants of the Sun with his regular watching buddy, who got back from Jeju on Wednesday. 

But peace is never an option when your roommate is Wen Junhui. 

"Hannie!" His roommate cried, poking his head in Jeonghan's room. "Contact the boys, i bought beer, wine, soju, and vodka." 

Jeonghan cast him a pained look. "Jun, I just want to relax this weekend."

Jun pouted. "But you relaxed last weekend."

Jeonghan gave him a long look. Maybe to Jun, Jeonghan had relaxed, but he himself preferred to disagree. On Sunday, Jun, Mingyu, Wonwoo and Minseo had dragged him to Victoria's secret, claiming that since Jeonghan had a hot new boyfriend, it was time for him to get some hot new underwear. And while Jeonghan did end up buying two new pairs, the shopping trip had been been awkward and exhausting. 

"Jun. No." 

His roommate pouted even more, and got the look that meant he was going to throw a legit tantrum. Wincing, Jeonghan sighed. "Oh, alright." 

The look disappeared. "Yay, thank you so much!!" 

Jeonghan just rolled his eyes. "Whatever you overgrown three-year-old, get out of my room." 

With a light, tinkling laugh, Junhui ran off down the hall. 

Sighing, Jeonghan shut his laptop, which had been open in his lap, and reached for his phone. He quickly texted Jihoon and Mingyu, telling them to contact everyone else that they knew, becuase Jeognhan was a lazy lump.

As he scrolled through his contacts, he saw a number that he didn't recognize. Wondering who it could be, he sent a quick message.

 

To: (xxx) xxx-xxxx

Hello?

 

From:(xxx) xxx-xxxx

Is this Jeonghan?

 

To: (xxx) xxx-xxxx

Um, yes?

 

From: (xxx) xxx-xxxx

Hey Angel ;)

 

To: (xxx) xxx-xxxx

Omfg, Seungcheol, did u put ur number in my phone without asking me?

 

From: (xxx) xxx-xxxx

Maybe ;)

 

This number has been changed to -wad

 

To: -wad

What the hell is wrong with u, why did u put ur number in my phone without asking me??

 

From: -wad

Bc ur my boyfriend

 

To: -wad

Go urself

 

From: -wad

Well u see, i would, but I'd much rather u, Angel

;)

 

To: -wad

Well, in that case, I'm not going to tell you.

 

From: -wad

Tell me what?

I promise not to be y if u tell me

 

To: -wad

Oh, alright.

Jun bought drinks for a guys' night, u wanna come?

 

From: -wad

Sure, why not

wait, ur friends don't know that were only fake dating

 

To: -wad

ok, u cant come.

 

From: -wad

Now hold on, doll-face

 

To: -wad

Dont call me that

 

From: -wad

Im going to call u what I want

unless u want me to force u to send me pics of u in ur new underwear

 

To: -wad

How do u even know about that?

 

From: -wad

Sources

 

To: -wad

Omfg, im going to kill Junhui

 

From: -wad

Actually, it wasnt him or any of ur friends

And im not telling u who 

anyway

back up to like, two minutes ago

what do u mean I can't come?

 

To: -wad

Do u think i wanna act all lovey-dovey with u infront of my friends?

especially on a friday?

 

From: -wad

Well, no

but i don't either

 

To: -wad

Ok, we have an agreement

ur not coming

 

From: -wad

Wait a sec baby-cakes

I never siad i didn't wanna come

 

To: -wad

;(((((((((

 

 

From: -wad

What time should I be there?

 

To: -wad

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I told everybody else 6

 

From: -wad

Ok, c ya then, sweetheart

love ya ;)

 

To: -wad 

you

Oh, wait, pack stuff for overnight, these nights tend to get a little crazy

 

From: -wad

Jeonghan? Crazy?

Now this I just gotta see

;)

 

To: -wad

Whatever loser

 

Shutting off his phone, Jeonghan sighed. Why did he have to text that number, why did he have to say yes in the first place? Its not as if he couldn't have gone back to wearing regular guys' underwear and made Seungcheol out to be a dirty liar. Whatever Jeonghan, he told himself. What's done is done, now you just gotta deal with it. 

Sitting up and thinking he should probably start cleaning before the guys got there, Jeonghan looked at his clock. 

5:45.

You know Jeonghan, he told himself. Maybe next time you invite people over, look at the clock first

And just then, there was a knock on the door. Knowing how fast Seungcheol could be in his car if he wanted to, Jeonghan begrudgingly stood up and plodded slowly to the door, dreading Seungcheol's arrogant smirk. 

But the face that greeted him was a pleasant surprise. Jihoon was standing there with his red backpack and Soonyoung leaning on his shoulder looking like he was having the time of his life. 

"Hey guys, come on in," Jeonghan told them, standing aside so they could enter. Jihoon ducked in immediatly, tossing his backpack down the hall to Jeoghan's room and falling on the couch. Soonyoung followed more slowly and handed his green dancing bag to Jeonghan before heading towards the kitchenette and scrounging for food. With an irritated sigh, Jeonghan tossed the bag in his room and returned, sitting down next to Jihoon. 

The smaller boy glanced at him briefly, his honey eyes leaving the screen of his illuminated phone for a small second. "Isn't Junhui the one who asked for this? Where is he?"

Jeonghan shrugged. "Dunno. Probably primping himself in the bathroom." 

Another knock at the door made Jeonghan sigh and stand up. The faces that met his own were ones that weren't very familiar. At least, one of them was. Seokmin stood there, his trademark wide smile lighting up his face. But the other boy was one that Jeonghan had only seen once or twice. He was taller than Jeonghan, with short, coppery hair gelled up and over, chocolatey eyes, a slightly asymmetrical, pale face and endearingly large ears. Hong Jisoo, Jihoon's Biblical Lit friend. 

"Hi Hannie!" Seokmin called and darted in, looking around Jeonghan's apartment in wonder. Jeonghan briefly remebered that it was his first time here. Jisoo cleared his throat behind him and Jeonghan spun around. 

"Yes?" 

"Um, where should I put my stuff?" Jisoo asked. His voice sounded like flowing honey, a severe contrast to Seungcheol's, who's deep and husky voice sounded like ashes and stormy mornings. 

Blinking himself out of his odd thoughts, Jeonghan smiked. "Here, I'll take it." With an adorably awkward nod, Jisoo handed Jeonghan a small grey backpack and silently moved past him to go sit with Jihoon. 

Jeonghan had just placed Jisoo's bag in his room when there was yet another knock on the door. "I'll just leave it open, why don't I?" He grumbled to himself. 

As soon as he opened the door, he was swept off his feet in a huge hug. With a yelp, Jeonghan swatted at his attacker to find Seungcheol burrying his face in Jeonghan's hair. "Hey love," he murmured deeply in Jeonghan's ear. "Another night of acting," he added, nearly silently, then set Jeonghan down and presented him with a lavender gift bag. 

"What's this?" Jeonghan asked, completely forgetting about his open door, and taking the bag. 

"It's our one-week-anniversary!" Seungcheol declared. Jeonghan felt himself smile, but he wasn't acting for once. 

"You didn't have to," he told his fake-boyfriend. 

"But I did. Go on, open it! I got it on the way here." Seungcheol looked like a giddy little boy getting a pet fish. 

With a small disbelieving smile, Jeonghan opened the bag and pulled out a long leather box with a silver ribbon on it. "Oh great, I got a box," he said sarcastically. Seungcheol rolled his eyes. 

"Boo, you . Open it, you're killing the fun. You fun-killer." Seungcheol poked Jeonghan's arm. 

A snort emitted from an open cabinet that Soonyoung's head was buried in. "Ha, he called you a , Fun-killer." 

"Kwon Soonyoung, shut your mouth unless you want to clean Junhui's room," Jeonghan snapped, and a small humph could be heard from the cabinet. 

"Yeah, whatever." 

Rolling his eyes, Jeonghan lightly tugged at the silver ribbon and opened the box. He gasped. 

Inside the box lay a small silver bracelet made of lightly woven wire and the word Angel spelled out on a small peice of hammered metal. 

"Oh my god," he breathed, skimming his fingers over the bracelet. 

"What?" Jihoon asked, and stood up to come look. He was trailed by Seokmin and Jisoo, and Soonyoung reappeared from the cabinet to come look as well. 

"Oh my god," they echoed. 

Jeonghan looked up at Seunghceol. "This is for me?" 

"Of course. Do I have another boyfriend to give it to?" Seungcheol said with a wink. 

"Seungcheol, you really didn't have too," Jeonghan told him. 

"But I did." Seungcheol stepped forward and pressed a chaste kiss on Jeonghan's temple before taking the bracelet and Jeonghan's left hand. "Here." He clipped the bracelet on Jeonghan's wrist and kissed the back of his hand. "Beautiful." 

Soonyoung gagged. "You two are gross." And with that, he went back to his hunt for food. The other three sat back down, Jisoo and Seokmin on the floor with Jihoon on the couch. Jeonghan was about to follow him when someone else walked in his open door. 

"Dang, Seungcheol, your boyfriend looks like Minah," a young adolescent voice said. Jeonghan looked to his left and saw a slightly short freshman-looking boy with highlighted hair and a face that looked unnervingly like young Leonardo DiCaprio. 

"Yes Vernon, i know my boyfriend looks like your friend, i have eyes and I use them." Seungcheol said. 

"Um, i don't mean to be rude," Jeonghan broke in. "Well, actually, I do. Who are you?" He asked the boy - Vernon. 

"Oh, I'm Seungcheol's freshman cousin. Hansol Vernon Chwe, nice to meet you." The boy extended a hand politely, and Jeonghan shook it, while giving the boy a weird look. Vernon noticed his look and nodded. "My mom is American, and she married Seungcheol's uncle. They moved to the U.S and our last name changed to Chwe. I also prefer to go by Vernon, my middle-slash-American name." 

"Huh," was all Jeonghan had to say. Vernon nodded then extended out a hand with a black backpack in it. 

"What should I do with this?" He asked. 

"Oh, I'll take it," Jeognhan replied, and Vernon handed it over. Jeonghan turned and brushed past Seungcheol, grabbing the strap of the elder's duffel bag and dragging him along with him. 

After throwing Vernon's bag on the floor next to Jisoo's, Jeonghan turned to face Seungcheol. "Well, yet another night of torture," he sighed. 

Seungcheol's smirk was back on his face. "I wouldn't say my company is torture," he replied. 

"There goes your ego again. You should really get that in check Seungcheol," Jeonghan mocked. "Woudn't want your head to get any bigger." 

In a flash, Jeonghan was pressed agaisnt the wall with Seungcheol's face hovering near his own. "Now now Angel," Seungcheol murmured. "We wouldn't want to embarass you in front of all your friends, now would we?" 

Jeonghan growled at him. "Get off of me you egostistical piece of . I have people to greet and a wild Kwon Soonyoung to feed." 

But Seungcheol just smirked before smashing his lips against Jeonghan's. The sudden impact made Jeonghan gasp, and Seungcheol took the opportunity to sweep his tongue inside Jeonghan's mouth. Jeonghan found himself kissing back. There really wasn't anything to be gained or lost by kissing Seungcheol, so why the hell not. For all his big-headedness and arrogance, the guy was gorgeous. 

Jeonghan pushed the elder away when figured it was time to stop. "As much as I love making out with you," he drawled, "Soonyoung's probably raiding my entire apartment for food right now, and I should probably stop him." And with that, he stalked away from Seungcheol and out towards the living room. 

His assumption was correct. Soonyoung had managed to find a bag of stale potato chips and was chewing them loudly while sitting on the arm of the couch. 

"What took you so long?" He asked, spitting bits of chip everywhere, including Jihoon's strawberry hair. The small boy flinched and brushed it away with the help of Jisoo, but Soonyoung didn't notice.

"None of your business," Jeonghan retorted.

"Saying as I'm spending the night here, I'll say it is my business," Soonyoung told him, once again spraying chip everywhere. This time, Jihoon stood up and grabbed the bag before shoving it over Soonyoung's head. The elder of the two sat there for a second, his mouth the only visible part of his face. 

"You know, I knew that was going to happen," he said slowly. "So I took precautions." Pulling the bag off his head and spillling chips everywhere, Soonyoung hopped up and grabbed a large bag of Cheeto Puffs from the counter. 

Giving the Performance Major a very unimpressed look, Jeonghan pointed to the mess of the floor. "Pick that up right now, young man, or I will call your mother and tell her that you're being disrespectful to the person she spefically told you to be respectful to the last time she saw us." 

With a lingering sigh, Soonyoung nodded. "Alright mom, I'll clean it up." 

"Thank you." Jeonghan gave him a small nod, then jumped when a deep voice spoke. 

"Mom?" 

Jeonghan glanced to his left and saw Seungcheol leaning against the wall. 

"Yeah," he replied. "The boys always say I'm like a second mother to them." 

"Hmm." Seungcheol said with a nod, then moved to sit down on the couch next to Jisoo. The Biblical Lit major cast him an awkward glance and shifted to the side to make room. "C'mere," Seungcheol called, patting his lap. Jeonghan looked at him, unimpressed. 

"No thanks, I'd rather stand than sit in your lap. God knows what's been on it." He shuddered. 

"Ha! Good one Hannie!" A loud voice cried from a corner of the room. Jeonghan spun around to see Seokmin sitting calmly in the corner playing a game on his charging phone while Vernon looked over his shouler. 

"thanks?" He replied, then snapped his head to the left when there was a knock on the door. 

"Someone's here," Soonyoung called out dully, probably just wanting to annoy someone. 

"Really? I hadn't noticed," Jeonghan snapped at him, then moved to open the door. He had barely touched the doorknob when a slightly-short-yet-taller-than-Jihoon boy with wavy brown hair stalked in like a diva and chucked his sparkly pink backpack at Soonyoung's face. The elder crumpled to the floor in surprise and began choking on his Cheetos. While the new-comer made no move to help his friend, Jisoo darted forward to help. Jeonghan watched as the ginger-headed male helped Soonyoung sit up and began to hit his back to dislodge the Cheetos. 

Jeonghan glared at the new-comer. "Really Seungkwan? Be more considerate to people who are eating." 

Seungkwan gave Jeonghan a long look before darting forward to squish him in a tight hug. "Yeah yeah. I missed you Jeonghan." 

"I missed you too, Boo. I couldn't watch Descendants of the Sun for two weeks!"

Seungkwan released him. "I know, right? Anyway, it's good to be back. Next thing, why is Choi Seungcheol sitting on your couch?" 

"Long story, I'll tell you later once everyone else gets here," Jeonghan said, letting a hand stray to Seungkwan's hair to fix a few misplaced strands. 

"Boo Seungkwan?" 

The Jeju boy spun around and stared at Vernon. "Hansol?" 

"Soonyoung!" Cried Soonyoung. 

Jihoon grabbed a handful of Cheetos and shoved them in the elders mouth to shut him up. 

"I didn't know you knew Jeonghan," Seungkwan siad, his voice shaking slightly. 

"I don't, Seungcheol envited me," Vernon replied. 

"O-oh." 

With a sharp glance at his friend, Jeonghan could tell that something was up. Snatching Seungkwan's monogrammed, sequined pink backpack, Jeonghan took his friends hand and pulling him into his room. 

Seungkwan immediately sat down on Jeonghan's bed and took a few deep breaths. Jeonghan crossed his arms.

"What is that all about?" He asked suspiciously.

Seungkwan took another breath, then spoke. "Vernon asked me out a few days before my Jeju trip. I told him I would give him my answer when I got back, but I still haven't. I've been avoiding him all week and I still don't know what to tell him." 

 Jeonghan frowned. "Do you like him?" he asked the younger. 

"No. Yes. Arrgh, I don't know!" Seungkwan cried, falling on his back. 

"Then tell him that. Just say you don't know how you feel and it would be nice to just take it slow for now." Jeonghan sat down next to his friend and poked his arm.

Seungkwan looked at him. "Really? That's what I should tell him?" 

Jeonghan shrugged. "Unless you want to tell him yes or no flat out." 

"I don't wanna do that," the younger said, shaking his head. 

"Well there you go." Jeonghan lay down next to Seungkwan and wrapped his arms around the younger. "Don't over think these kinda things, Boo. Just follow your heart." 

Seungkwan snuggled closer to Jeonghan with a sigh. "I missed you Hannie. As amazing as my mom is, I just can't talk to her about these things. She'd try to follow me back here and set me and Hansol up." 

Jeonghan chuckled. "I can see that. Now come on," he continued, sitting up and slapping Seunkwan's . "Mingyu and Wonwoo are still on their way, as well as Chan. Let's go join the fun." 

The younger nodded and hopped up before fixing his Fight-me-es-I'm-the-real-queen-here look on his face before flouncing out of Jeonghan's room flamboyantly. Jeonghan followed and looked in the room as Soonyoung was attacked with flying Cheetos by an annoyed Jihoon, Seokmin and Jisoo wathced a video in a corner, Vernon chatted with Seungcheol while trying to keep his eyes off Seungkwan, and the diva himself thew himself dramatically on Junhui's pink bean-bag chair next to the TV. 

There was a loud thump against the door, making Jeonghan jump, and he hurried over with a very good idea of who it was. His suspicions were confirmed when he opened the door and Mingyu and Wonwoo toppled into the apartment, landing with a reverbrating thunk on the floor, Mingyu on top of Wonwoo, who appeared to have suffered more than his boyfriend. 

With a sigh, Jeonghan cocked a hip. "I would appreciate it if you two refrained from ing on my door, thanks." 

Wonwoo groaned and shoved Mingyu off of him. "This was all him this time, I swear. God Mingyu, how much do you weigh?"

The latter cast a hurt look at his boyfriend. "Just becuase you're a stick with chicken legs doens't mean you can nag on me for being healthy." 

"You did not just go there Kim Mingyu," Wonwoo growled. "You totally did not just say I have chicken legs." 

"I did," Mingyu quipped defiantly. "Chicken-legs." 

The couple began squabbling at a very alarming volume, while still sitting on the floor, and Jeonghan was having enough of it. He slammed the door shut and the entire apartment fell quiet. 

"Okay, listen," he hissed. "I, did not, want this. I just wanted to relax this weekend and get something productive done for a class. But I had to appease Jun, so you all are here. And while you are in my apartment, you follow my rules. So, no ing in sight," he began, looking at Mingyu and Wonwoo. "No screaming, no flying food, no ridiculous sounds, and no fighting, please and thank you." 

Junhui chose that moment to appear. 

"Oh hey, we're all here!" 

Jeonghan groaned. 

He sincerely hoped the night would get better, but with his luck, he new that while he would have fun, something was bound to go wrong. 

 

 

 

 

Lol, i almost forgot the authors note

hey guys!! Its seventeenfangirl back with another chapter of Six Weeks Till Forever!!! So, did u like?? Feel free to comment your thoughts, I love hearing your feedback!! Oh, and if you haven't already, please go read my other jeongcheol ff, Into You. That one's actually finished, i just gotta add the epilogue. Anywho, back to this fic. Please comment and leave your thoughts!! It means alot to me!! Love ya' awesome nerds!!